which units are immune to chaos corruption? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

which units are immune to chaos corruption?

i only know the grey knights are immune on the top of my head and mayme nids and crons (or maybe not) but does anyone else know any other units that are immune to chaos?

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

Nids are not immune to chaos - if you read the greatest 40K book Storm Of Iron (just got reprinted too! :w00t the Iron Warriros have slaved a Tyranid Leviathan ship by detaching it from the Hive Mind and infected it with the Oblitorator virus to transport their titans around in. How awesome is that, even if you're not a chaos player, which i'm not, that just rocks!

Crons would probably but you never know with chaos. Grey Knights are not immune - no human truely is (well maybe the emperor, but that would be a debate for later), GK just have a very small chance of being corrupted.

In essence no-one bar maybe the Necrons are immune - but you never know :shifty:

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

GK because fluffwise a GK has NEVER EVER! been turned to chaos.

oh and maybe Tau, because *GASP* they have no warp connection, and who wants to currupt something that fights for the Greater Good?

I'd say we just eat them...

but yeah a Cron can't really be currupted (how can you currupt something that disappears?
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

uncorruptable: Necrons

Any other race can be corruted by Chaos. Yes, even GK. Just because it has never happened, doesn't mean it couldnt.

King of France techmarine Rannon Zriker's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

why in the hell of it would you want to corrupt something that lives to freaking kill you?

seriously they're to strong of heart and pure of mind (now we know why so few GK)

oh maybe daemons, because they've never been corrupted they are just corrupted!
    Create flames for a galaxy and it will be warm. Put a galaxy in flames and it will be warm for the rest of it's existence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just because something has never been done does not mean it can't be done. I fully believe that GK are capable of falling to the ruinous powers because even if they are pure of heart and strong willed what are they underneath that? Human. What are humans? Pathetic, weak, power hungry, corrupt. It is in all of us to be evil. every single human soul has that power within it to kill, plunder, destroy, and in general be evil. There are none without this instinct within their own body. The only thing that seperates one person from another, is how they control it. GK are humans, therefore are corruptable.
    40,000- 7,000 Points Chaos Space Marines=18 and 17
    40,000- 2,500 Points Tau Empire=1 and 2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

I fully believe that GK are capable of falling to the ruinous powers because even if they are pure of heart and strong willed what are they underneath that? Human. What are humans? Pathetic, weak, power hungry, corrupt.
    I believe that's where you're wrong..

Technically, space marines aren't even human.. Grey knights are far less human.

Grey knights have something done to them which somehow makes them inhumanly strong, resistant and focused even compared to other space marines.

Whatever, there is nothing to say it couldn't happen.. But I don't think GW would have gone to such pains to dismiss it if it was remotely probable.

Tau and Eldar are both very hard to corrupt, the former because they can't be possessed and are resistant to mind warping powers (they can be affected by warp energies which are already manifested though, so theoretically I guess they could be corrupted.)

Eldar are far more difficult.. Slannesh eats them. Unless there's a very compelling and immedate reason not to, or they carry on topping up souls in the dark eldar way (only far more frequently, Dark Eldar only stave off the soul-eating by hiding in the webway) an eldar who falls to chaos will just get munched from the inside out. Besides, there's not really anything for them to gain.. At the end of the day, they're not offering the gods anything because Slannesh owns their souls. No matter how well they serve, at the end of the day they still get to be Slannesh's chewtoy for an agonizing eternity.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The_Giant_Mantis View Post
    (only far more frequently, Dark Eldar only stave off the soul-eating by hiding in the webway) an eldar who falls to chaos will just get munched from the inside out. Besides, there's not really anything for them to gain.. At the end of the day, they're not offering the gods anything because Slannesh owns their souls. No matter how well they serve, at the end of the day they still get to be Slannesh's chewtoy for an agonizing eternity.
    The Dark Eldar also stave off Slaanesh by consuming souls themselves, thus prolonging their lives. But the older they get, the more souls they have to consume on a daily basis to stay alive. Vect has to consume what, 10k souls a day? I could be wrong though. Vect was also alive at the time of The Fall, so he's pretty old.

But back on topic, I don't think Eldar or Dark Eldar would even be capable of being corrupted by Chaos, as they would be utterly consumed. As much as I'd like to see Khornate Hellions {goofy}

Level 20 Alpharius Handbag of Joy's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Corrupted? Pffft... Chaos aren't corrupted, its the other races who can't see the true destiny of the chaos gods, just cause the Imperium labels them as corrupted doesn't mean they're right, just deluded... and therefore corrupted.

Quote Originally Posted by swntzu
    What's volition? Sounds like an STI.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

For the record, I agree with Handbag.. but officially, I'm gonna move this thread to the fluff forum.

But first let me laugh.

Gwahahahahaha.

~ Thread moved.
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast