Apothicary Quarrel - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

Apothicary Quarrel

I know this is going to sound stupid, and with me it usually does, but what exactly is a apothicary, and what does he do? I know he recovers geneseed in battles and stuff, but does he also function as a Medic as well? Also, do chaos space marines have Apothicaries, or do they not have the need for them?

"This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    182 (x5)

The Apothecary is responsible for the gene seed and taking it from dead Marines...

Rule wise... you don't have to roll for 50% casualties (I think) if the apothecary is within 6'' of the squad!
    Thanks to all the people showing faith in me

I sometimes feel that everyone will leave me and they will be on their own...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he does heal them as well, which is why you can reroll armour saves if you have one too. There don't seem to be any apothecaries in the chaos marines, perhaps they only became prevelant with the codex astartes. Though there is cypher who presumably was an apothecary

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

As others have said, Apothecaries are medics, they're also responsible for collecting, preserving and implanting geneseed. This is pretty important, as without expert analysis and careful monitoring the geneseed can mutate over time, which can be bad for the chapter.

Chaos marines don't need them because their geneseed is too corrupted to use, so there's no point salvaging it.

Of course, there are chaos marines who used to be apothecaries (I think Fabius Bile was one) and they might still have the medical skills. In fact, I'm imagining some really icky healing methods like demonic chemicals which melt flesh back together and so forth (not to mention gifts, 'cool, my arm has grown back.. and its way more flexible than before.')

In general though, dedicated battlefield healers don't really fit with the ethos of chaos.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x2)

yah thanks for the replies....i had sorta figured that out, i was just wondreing if they went beyond the call of just rescuing the geneseed. I asked about chaos, because i was thinking of stuff along the lines of making a noisemarine army, and thought it would be cool to have some "apothicary" like guys who implant stuff in marines/cultists, because i dont think all of a sudden a guy would start growing a speaker out the side of his head....
    "This sure ain't no pansy Eldar Armor, Son"
    185th Cadian Armored Div.

"One Shot, One Kill"
    Western Border Patrol of Athel Loren

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

one big thing they do is implant the geenseed and moniter all the organs implanted in a space marine candidate
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    116 (x6)

Chaos Marines have Apothecaries, all armies have medics of some kind (save maybe Nids) Guard call them medics, Marines have apothecaries, Wolves have Wolf Priests, Necrons have Tomb Spiders, etc.

Major Chaos Marine medics are probably some subset of sorcerors that use psychic powers to knit you back together, the mid level medics are probably the usual types of doctors, and basic medical care is probably done by each marine.
    Veni Vidi Variant
    I came, I saw, I got a different type of Leman Russ.

The spikey ones go faster.

98% of the teen population has smoked weed, the other 2% went straight to crack.

Saga of the Ages. Click it.

Rules for grenades are on page 72 of the rulebook.

+ Reply to Thread