.:The Forsaken Legion:. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    One Vision, One Purpose! X-Slash-X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

.:The Forsaken Legion:.

Hey all. You may remember a Fluff idea I had many months ago, at the end of 2006. I have been developing it rigourously, and have finally decided on a few things.

I have added a basic history of the system that my Fluff is based around (To begin with). I have also added my characters below. When you read both the history and the character profiles, it might not make sense. This is due to me writing my history first, and not adding my actual story yet. Once it is added, it will hopefully bridge the gaps.

So without further ado, may I present:

.:History of the Varian Crusade:.

.:The Varian System:.
    The History of Varia
    Located to the far Galactic North-East of the Maelstrom, the Varian system lends its name from one of the Great Heroes of the Imperium following the Age of Apostasy, Lord Lavirus Varia.
    It is said that in 317.M36, Lord Varia led a Crusade to purge the system, known then as the Ornus System, of the remaining cults dedicated to the traitorous Lord Goge Vandire. He personally led several hundred thousand Imperial Guardsmen throughout the system after hearing Sebastian Thor speak the Will of the Emperor to the masses of Ornus V. It was this Crusade for penitence that rid the System of the taint of Vandire, and ended in Lord Varia becoming Regent of the newly named system.

Over the following Millennia, the Varian planets experienced few wars or rebellions, and any trouble that occurred was relatively minor. The system continued to grow in majesty and sanctity under the rule of the Varian Lords, and it was not until 944.M41 that the system was shaken from its solace.
    A series of Chaos incursions were being reported across the system, and a distress call was sent out.
    A Crusade of the Black Templars Chapter answered the call. It appeared that they had recently been involved in hunting the forces of Chaos near the Maelstrom.
    The system was cleansed in short order by the combined might of the Space Marines and the local Varian PDF troops. The enemy were few in number, and had yet to establish themselves enough to get a foothold. The Black Templars suspected they were a small Warband that had spilt from their main host near the Maelstrom, and judged the areas that were affected cleansed enough to be clear of taint.
    Before the Space Marines made their departure, they deemed that the Varians were of suitable stock to recruit potential Neophytes, and so they had a Chapter Keep built in the deepest jungle of Tyrran. From the current populous they recruited fifty young adolescents to be the first candidates, and made their way back to their Crusade Fleet in orbit, not to be seen for some time.

It was not until 998.M41 that the Varian system experienced its next threat. On the world of Kainas, reports of cult activities were slowly reaching the Lords on Varia Prime. It appeared that although the Black Templars had crushed the enemy decades before, the seeds of Chaos had been sown in some of the populous. Soon, other worlds in the system were being reported as having similar occurrences.
    The Varian Regent ordered another distress signal sent out.

.:The Forsaken Legion:.
    .:Remnants of the Varian Crusade:.

.:Leadership:.
    Lord Aurron Vailyr – Arbiter of the Fallen
    Aurron Vailyr was originally one of two Castellans in charge of the Varian Crusade under Lord Marshal Devarius Spyre. He led the second Fighting Company, and was tasked with cleansing several planets in the Varian System of a Cult dedicated to the Dark Gods. He was also chosen for the task due to his familiarity with the System, his home before joining the Black Templars.
    After witnessing his Brother Castellan, Aegorr Sinn, murder the Marshal after seizing the Chaos Artifact Blade of Spilt Blood, he has vowed to lead the remnants of the Crusade after his fallen Brother, even at the cost of the Imperium’s trust.

Lord Lyrius – Keeper of Lost Souls
    As the Crusade’s Master of Sanctity, Lyrius was tasked with assisting Castellan Aurron in rooting out the seeds of Chaos in the System. His dedication to both the Black Templars and the Imperium made him an ideal candidate for such a task, and it was with great zeal that he contributed. Upon receiving word that Castellan Aegorr had turned to the Dark Gods, he immediately through his support behind Aurron when he ordered the Remnants to pursue their tainted Brethren.

Lord Albell Talios – Herald of the Forsaken

Albell Talios is the Emperor’s Champion of the Varian Crusade. Having been chosen by the Emperor to lead his brothers on the eve of the first Great Battle against the Chaos incursion in the System.
    Like Lord Lyrius, Albell joined Castellan Aurron after the fall of Aegorr, and has continued in his role of Champion after he experienced another vision prior to their Brethren turned traitor.

.:The Sinners of Aegorr:.
    .:Renegades of the Varian Crusade:.

.:Leadership:.
    Lord Aegorr – The Sinner
    Self-proclaimed as The Sinner, Aegorr Sinn was the second of the Varian Crusade’s Castellans, and was chosen for his ruthless tactics upon the field of war.
    He was tasked, alongside Marshal Devarius Spyre, to coordinate the Imperial Guard on Varia Prime against a rebellion led by a small sect of Chaos Space Marines.
    The discovery of a hidden Tomb deep within Varia Prime led to his eventual fall into Darkness. Within it’s hollowed chambers, he received the Blade of Spilt Blood, an Artifact tainted by the Chaos God Khorne.
    He then murdered the Marshal and several Inquisitorial agents, as well as rendering Castellan Aurron unconscious before fleeing the planet, the Chaos Artifact in hand.

Lord Fallous – Apostle of the Blood
    Learning under Master of Sanctity Lyrius, Chaplain Fallous was an avid student of religion and the works of the Emperor. Where Lyrius represented faith and dedication, Fallous was more of a scholarly mind.
    Due to his lack of focus in the Worship of His Greatness, Fallous easily fell to the call of the Dark Gods when Aegorr murdered the Marshal. He quickly joined the Sinner when he fled the System, with prospects of Dark Knowledge firm in his mind.

Feargrim – Blood Champion of Aegorr
    Not much is known about Feargrim, save that he was once loyal to the Imperium many centuries ago. When Aegorr fled Varia, he unknowingly was drawn to a small tear in Realspace to the north-east of the Maelstrom, where he came across a small Warband of Chaos Marines. After the immediate confrontation, Feargrim pledged his warriors to the Sinner with a single gesture. He now helps lead the Sinners alongside Aegorr and Fallous.

Like I said before. These are just basic fluff backgrounds. More will come, as well as my army composition, list and maybe even some of my WIP models.

As always, comments and criticism are welcome and even desired.

X-Slash-X

Last edited by X-Slash-X; July 3rd, 2007 at 06:19.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

One Vision, One Purpose! X-Slash-X's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    66 (x1)

I am reserving this post for my characters once my whole story is posted.

X-Slash-X