History Lesson - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: History Lesson

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

History Lesson

I am wanting to make up some fluff for my DIY Chapter. I am going with a Significant Divergence chapter. The Advantages I am looking at are; Purity above all,No Mercy,No Respite,Suffer not the Alien to Live,Cleanse and Purify. My Drawbacks are;Major Aspire to Glory, Minor Faithful unto Death. The history lesion is this. What chapters are these chapters successors from? Also do these chapters have successors? The Chapters are as follows; Howling Griffons.Raptor Legion,Tiger Claws,Son's of Medusa,Red Scorpions, Minotaurs,Mantis Warriors,Rainbow Warriors, and Silver Skulls. With the information I get this will help me work on my fluff. Thank you in advance.

Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    450 (x8)

Woah.. obscure chapters, good luck getting an answer on a lot of them.

Minotaurs are totally unknown.. They're cursed founding, so there are no records, and since they turned out as crazy psycho ultra-violence mutant death marines, noone wants to know.

Tiger Claws I believe is the old name for the Astral Claws, I think GW realized the former sounded awful. Hmm.. I don't remember ever hearing which chapter they came from, I'd imagine it was stricken from the record when they turned. Imagine being known as the chapter which birthed the Red Corsairs..

I think the Raptor Legion are Raven Guard, but it could be a guess.

The vast majority of the others are not mentioned very often (if at all, the Rainbow Warriors have been pretty much forgotten, classical environmentalism is a bit sad nowadays.) The Badab War fluff, which I believe you're getting this from, is old old stuff (the war still exists, but the last time it was covered was in the Rogue Sons article in white dwarf, and in much less detail than the old skool fluff.)

I still think the ultimate silly chapter has to be the space sharks.. I mean, what the hell.. I like sharks, but that's a horrible name.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you The_Giant_Mantis for the information. I was looking at the Rouge Trader and the 1989 compendium for the names for these chapters. Yes old school. Not to get off thread but why are most of these chapters been thrown to the wayside? Where could I start to look for the information I seek?
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    708 (x8)

Might start with this site -

Space Marine Chapters

Has just about every piece of official fluff accounted for. Not all the information you're looking for will be present, but if it's to be found somewhere, that's the first place you will want to check.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thanks Caluin. The link is a interesting read.

LO's Shadow Captain Lost Nemesis's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

830 (x8)

Just wanted to point out, just in case - you can only actually use two of those Advantages in an army list. Not sure if you were thinking about taking all four (not allowed) or if those were just the ones you were interested in.

The most glorious rainbow ever, Pleasuretown.
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    67 (x3)

The RAINBOW WARRIORS!? Is that an actual chapter!? Awesome! I can't decide if they're hippies or just pansies!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett on Quidditch
    I couldn't help but imagine some poor guy looking up to find a Badger hurtling towards him, about to wrap itself around his skull.
    [ 1500pt. Chaos List, C&C! ]
    -=W: 2 -D: 0- L: 3=-

I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by Aether-Moose View Post
    The RAINBOW WARRIORS!? Is that an actual chapter!? Awesome! I can't decide if they're hippies or just pansies!
    Yeah, much like the Squats, it was something they try to pretend they never did.

Although I remember that there was another Rainbow Warrior from around the time of this game's inception. It was a Ship by that name that was used by Greenpeace. The French sank her in New Zealand (bomb).

Rainbow Warrior - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

So who knows what those blokes were thinking when they named that chapter.
    Last edited by RecklessFable; July 16th, 2007 at 23:30.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Thank you Lost Nemesis for pointing out that I can only have 2 advantages. Once again I have read the rule incorrectly. Now that I can only have two of them they will be Cleanse and Purify and Purity above all. I will be keeping the disadvantages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

What would be some good choices as a parent chapter for my successor chapter? My advantages are Cleanse and Purify and Purity above all. Thank you again for the help.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast