New CHaos Vs IG Combat Patrol - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    I Expect the Inquisition RecklessFable's Avatar
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    210 (x5)

New CHaos Vs IG Combat Patrol

This battle took place between Elements of the Rivan 23rd Mechanized company and a Chaos hunting party.

IG
    Armored Fist Alpha
    - Squad with Heavy Bolter
    - Chimera with Extra armor, Pintel Stubber
    Armored Fist Beta
    - Squad with Heavy Bolter
    - Chimera with Extra armor, Pintel Stubber
    Sentinel with Lascannon
    399 points

vs.
    Chaos
    CSM squd with one Plasma Gun
    6 man Raptor Squad with 2 Meltas
    5 Man havor squad with 3 HB and a Missile Launcher.

4x4 Board, moderately wooded.

IG setup, Alpha squad in center at front edge of deployment, Both Chimeras flanking the squad. Squad Beta in the woods on the East side. Sentinel on the West.

Chaos setup. Havocs in woods on their table edge. Raptors in Cover on East side. CSMs in cover on West side.

Turn 1:
    IG won the roll to go first. Both Chimeras, the sentinel and squad Beta unloaded a total of 22 shots at the Havocs, causing 10 wounds. One dead CSM. This was a trend.

The Raptors then moved up to assault range for their next turn. The lone Missile Launcher for Chaos penetrated and rolled a 6 against Shimera Beta. /sigh

Turn2:
    IG unloads another 9 chimera shots at range the Havocs, killing zero. Alpha squad kills a lone CSM that was out of cover on the west flank. Squad Beta whifs on all shooting and prepares to die from incoming Raptors (I might have been better off moving them, but I couldn't really get far enough away to do any positional cleverness.)

Chaos
    Missile fails to kill Chimera Alpha. CSM squad moves up into more trees. Raptors charge, kill 5 IG, IG counterattack kills one Raptor after 4 wounds inflicted, then breaks.

Turn 3:
    IG shots at the Raptors, a lot. That is something like 8 lasgun shots, 9 chimera shots and the lascannon on the sentinel. No wounds.

Chaos. Raptors charge Squad Alpha, they break and get slaughtered. CSM squd moves up on the Sentinel and rapid fires. The plasma overheats TWICE and kills it's bearer. Bolter fire kills the sentinel. IG have a lone Chimera left. Havoc have to move because trees block all of their LOS.

Turn 4:
    Chimera fires everything at Raptors, kills nothing.
    Raptors fail to kill the Chimera on 2 meltagun hts and 5 krak grenade attacks. Havocs still out of position because I keep moving my Chimera.

Turn 5:
    Chimera fires everything at Raptors, kills ONE!
    Raptors pop the Chimera with Meltaguns.

IG wiped. 5 dead Chaos (one due to overheat)

Now, the Chaos player made roughly 88% of his 3+ saves (40 out of 45 wounds saved), which was insane. I'm not sure math like that justifies making a judgement about the new Chaos. But I can tell you, against IG, they seemed fine. Heck, I even played well! I figured I had a very strong, even beardy list. I liked the flavor of a fully mounted Combat Patrol, however.

Next Time, Missile Launchers! Seriously, giving MEQs a chance to save, even on rolling 9 dice from a single model, didn't work out too well.

I'd say I got my ass handed to me, but there was nothing left of my ass to hand over.

Last edited by RecklessFable; August 15th, 2007 at 15:38.
    RecklessFable's Journey to Mediocrity (Painting an IG army)
    I've been addicted to World of Tanks lately and neglecting my IG... But it is so... much... fun!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow fast game. Marines are just nuts!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think you need to tell your guardsman they need to turn up the power level of thier lasguns. Otherwise it looked like your tactics would of been thier if you were able to kill anything
    "Ah, but the truth is like an expensive whore, Jerek. She comes in many dresses and will bend over for any with the money to pamper her." ~ Konrad von Carstein

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    288 (x6)

I would suggest making some sacrifices to the dice gods, starting with the dice you used in that battle.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

Ouch, having luck like that bites, but I've been there so I feel your pain (of a differet sort, I had an entire devastator squad roast itself in a round of shooting, including the sergeant with a plasma pistol). Good try, though.

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

Ouch dude! Pain.

Hmm...

I'd suggest not taking 2 chimeras in a combat patrol. Marines still get their armour saves vs everything they can throw at them.

For the same points as a chimera, you could instead run 6 grenadiers with plasmaguns, or something of the like!

I'd also not take the sentinel - in combat patrol, you wont be coming up against much armour that will need such an expensive gun to tackle. Put those points towards more shots somewhere else! You could still take a sentinel (I sometimes take 2 in combat patrol), I just would give it a different gun.

My combat patrol consists of a HQ junior officer with heavy bolter, a 3 heavy bolter support squad, 8 man grenadier squad with plasmaguns, and an armoured fist (missile launcher or autocannon/plasmagun for the squad, 2 heavy flamers for the chimera).

Although, it did simply look like you didn't have much luck, so...
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

+ Reply to Thread