500pts Tau vrs. Imperial Guard - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

500pts Tau vrs. Imperial Guard

we never try to get too technical as far as missions for 500pts games so, this was a kill everything game. Although most people tend to give up before the 6th round we decided to just go until everything died long after the 6th round. (although the battle report is slightly condensed)

the pictures arent necessarily turn by turn photos, they are mostly just the general progression of the game.

Tau List:
    Shas'el Commander
    PR,MP,HW-MT,TA,
    97pts
    Firewarriors (2x10)
    200pts
    Firewarriors 11
    Bonding, Team Ldr.
    115pts
    XV88 Targeting...
    80pts

Imperial Guard
    (HQ squad was also the command section for the purpose of this fight)
    Jr. Off.
    x4 Grenade Launchers
    Infantry Plat.
    10guards plasma, autocannon
    10guards plasma, autocannon
    8veterans Hvy bolter, 3plamsa
    Leman Russ BC & all hvy bolters

(both 505pts total.)

Pregame: Tau lost both deployment and first turn so, IG gets the start and infiltrates veterans behind an obstacle nearby his frontline.

1st Turn:
    IG Turn

First turn the IG player stays put in the movement phase and lets loose with everything in range. The battle cannon's shot hooked left hiting only 2 firewarriors (but killing both) spraying debris and shrapnel. All other IG weapons focused on the same squad, but the kills were limited to 5.

Tau Turn

The Tau player's movement was limited to only the crisis suit. In the shooting phase only a limited amount of firewarriors were left out of range leaving nearly 25 to unleash fire into the enemy. Striking down around 6 guardsmen. Broadside hits, but the projectile ricochets away harmlessly.

2nd Turn:
    IG turn

Trying to make amends for its earlier inaccuracy, the battle cannon was once again aimed at the broadside this time it struck dead on resulting in one wound to the broadside. The two autocannon teams let their guns fly again onto the firewarriors infront of the broadside ripping 3 more firewarriors in half. The veterans unloaded into the firewarriors infront of the broadside sawing another firewarrior in half.

Tau turn

The broadside fired again at the tank and bounced off harmlessly (btw the tank has the hull down at this point). The firewarriors to the right of ther broadside fired into IG line evaporating 5 more. The shas'el suit blew away another guardsmen with a missle pod.

Although felling many of the guardsmen, the squads all held their ground as well as the tau's squad who had taken the majority of the fire (2 rallied :party

3rd Turn:
    IG turn

The tank lobs another highly accurate shot into my left flank dismembering 5 more firewarriors. Not yet done, the autocannons unload into the same line shredding another fire warrior. Beaten, but not yet broken the firewarriors pass their test and stand their ground.

Tau turn

The crisis suit is jets on to boxes implying rooftops to hit the IG right flank. The crisis suit fires and manages to down 2 more guards. Firewarriors shoot diagonally across the field into the veterans silencing a plasma gunner and another lasgun. The broadside shots continue to hit, but be unreliable and cause only aesthetic damage.

4th Turn:
    IG turn

seeing another firewarrior squad that hadnt been significantly wounded, the Leman Russ let fly all heavy bolters into the remaning healthy firewarrior squad cutting down 4. The remaining autocannon and veteran heavy bolter fired at the broadside either missing or bouncing off the armor.

Tau Turn

The broadside fired again the Russ immobilizing it. The shas-el jumped from the roof top and engaged the autocannon infantry squad into a clumsy, lugging, melee. The broken firewarrior squad retreated off the board.

Turn 5 and beyond

yeah we got lazy about typing this all out so ill summarize the last few turns.

The shas-el suit clubbed all of the guardsmen into pulp. In response the veteran squad unloaded the heavy bolter and plasma gun at the shas-el wounding him. The shas-el had already had one wound from the fight with the infantry squad before. The Shas-el engaged the remaning vets and bashed their skulls in close combat. The command squad fired a krak grenade round at the shas-el finishing him. During this time the broadside managed to stun and immbolize the tank multiple times but failed to destroy it. With the Shas-el gone, and the tank recovered from immbolization, all guns turned on the broadside. After a few turns of misses and bounced shots from the Russ the broadside finally toppeld over. When the smoke cleared all the IG had left was the junior officer, a grenade guardsmen and an immbolized Leman Russ.

PS out of all the lasgun shots, one killed a firewarrior, woot.....

Tau MVP: Crisis Suit HQ

Imperial Guard MVP: Leman Russ Battle Tank

Last edited by Enjoi_Tyranids; September 8th, 2007 at 06:34. Reason: PICTURES SHOWED UP

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice report man, good pics...keep it up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

Did the russ recover from stun/shaken as only an eningseer can recover a tank from immobolize and a broadside should be doing more then shaken/stun. A railgun only penetrates and 4+ to blow it up. If you were pen. and rolling only 1s and 2s that was pretty bad luck. Go Go chasing amy
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

haha yeah, or battlefield was very makeshift BUT we did have sandbags and tankstraps, you may not be able to make them out in the picture.

The whole reason for the Broadside failing me completely was...

It took nearly four rounds for it to start rolling +4 on the pen. roll..

I guess it was either some IG special rule or the terrian was supposed to be covering enough of the target, but every roll was glancing (Fubar?) hopefully no because then I'll have to lock him out .

Bad day though, my nids lost and my Tau. Nids was kind of a joke army (500pts 2carnies and 1tyrant).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, hull down does not automatically guarantee a glance, it is a dice roll (50% chance) to see if it is a glance, and it can't recover from immobilization unless he took an enginseer. Also, if you imobilize a tank more than once, the second one counts as weapon destroyed.
    Turtles For the Turtle God!
    Shells For the Shell Throne!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by LittleBlueMan View Post
    Yeah, hull down does not automatically guarantee a glance, it is a dice roll (50% chance) to see if it is a glance, and it can't recover from immobilization unless he took an enginseer. Also, if you imobilize a tank more than once, the second one counts as weapon destroyed.
    I knew the second immobilized rule (but forgot during the game) and today we had to look at the hulldown rule. Too bad that I had a shot at winning, but oh well need to get models painted and some more Tau.

we'll probably try making another one for a 1000pt game (IG vrs. Tyranids) later on that will be more thoughtful as far as pictures ect...

Set Sail and Conquer! Cadaver Junkie's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    301 (x7)

this time it struck dead on resulting in one wound to the broadside.

Ummm, do broadsides have something that allows them to ignore instant death? 'Cos they are toughness X yeah, and thus the battlecannon (which is 2X strength) should have killed the broadside outright right here!

So it's only the first shot the broadside aimed at the tank that could possibly have done any damage, it would have been dead from that point on anyway...
    "Pickles, the drummer, doodily doo. (Ding-dong, doodily, doodily, doo.)"

Also, you should google "garfield minus garfield". Awesome.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

one i noticed. you said that the broadside was wounded by the battle cannon. that would cause instant death to a broadside.
    Never give up. Never give up. HIT, HIT, HIT, HIT!

Semper Paratus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

; ) sounds like I got away with something too. whoops well, just have to catch it next time.
    Last edited by Enjoi_Tyranids; September 9th, 2007 at 03:30.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

woot...

when i opened this i thought WOOHOO!!!
    coz i got the imperial guard n mi bro as tau!8Y
    sooo.. i thunked i hope the guard win...
    but no;o!!!! waaaah
    anyway...
    looked fun

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast