Eldar Vs Crons and Marines 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Eldar Vs Crons and Marines 1500

Well this is my first battle report ever!! have not ever gotten around to doing one

Anyway!

It was a three way battle with myself having an 1500 point army of Eldar against a necron player and a marine player each with 750 point armies, this would have worked if only they had actually worked together.

My list

Farseer, guide, doom, jetbike, singing spear and some spirit stones I think.

Harlequin
    8 Harlequins with kisses a shadow seer and a troupe master.

Dark reapers 4 with an exarch wielding a tempest launcher

2 wraith lord with bright lances and starcannons

two 10 man squads of pathfinders

and that's it, leaving me about 80 points left....didn't know what to do with them
    ;?

Their armies.

24 necron warriors
    1 lord with phylactery res orb and phase shifter
    1 wraith
    3 scarab swarms

seems he had a little under points aswell

Marines

Master of Sanctity
    Jump pack
    Adamantine mantle
    Articifer armour

Assault squad
    10 of them

Two 10 man squads of tactical marines
    one with a missile launcher

4 assault termies
    1 sargent with lightning claws

seems like this guy was a bit over points hmmmm

Anyway onto the battle

The board was set up very bare, with two forts opposing each other, one was considerably smaller, and all that is in between the two forts is a very small hill.

I set up in the fort sitting a squad of path finders in each little "tower" of the fort in the bridge in between each tower I put my dark reapers
    behind the forts wall I placed my harlequins, I put them there for a support role.
    At the ends of the forts I place my wraith lords, one at each end, and lastly I put my farseer behind the wall with my harlequins

The necrons set up next to their fort with the warriors next to each other with the lord in between the two squads the scarabs set up on the far side of the squads away from their fort and the wraith sets up with them.

The marine player sets up his two tactical squads in the fort, the chaplain and his assault squad in front of their fort and the terminators in deepstrike.

Turn 1

They start the game with a slow movement phase.
    They advance the necrons the lord and the wraith, whilst the scarabs turbo boost towards me.
    The marine player moves his chaplain and assault marines forwards and a tactical squad fires a missile at me to no affect.

With nothing injured my turn goes well. my dark reapers put an end to the assault squad leaving only the chaplain left. one of my wraith lords takes a wound off the chaplain. I forget to do anything with my farseer and my harlequins sit still for the turn. The two pathfinder squads fire rounds into the necron squad closest to the fort taking down about 5 necrons
    my other wraith lord jumps down from the fort and removes a scarab swarm due to starcannonage.

Turn 2

The necron player attacks my wraith lord with his scarabs holding him up...I truly don't care as the wraith lord takes out one scarab swarm anyway. He advances his warriors, lord and wraith
    The marine player jumps his chaplain forward again. fires a missile and kills one pathfinder.
    The termies deepstrike in front of me.

I sit still and fire away my reapers downing the wounded necron squad. One squad of pathfinders remove 4 termies after being guided and the termies being doomed, the sargent remains. My farseer flys up onto the wall, kills the sargent with a singing spear. 8X yay! no more termies
    My other pathfinder squad takes out the necron lord.
    One wraithlord fails to do anything to the chaplain. whilst the other finishes off the scarab swarms.

Turn 3

The necron player attempts a wwb roll for his lord, he fails and is rather unhappy about it, then he attempts to resurrect his warriors , At this point I am temporally distracted by something and the necron player cheats on me claiming that his entire 12 man squad of necrons comes back....I did not even see the dice roll (one would think with such an amazing roll that they would show the opposing player) I care not that he has cheated and point out to him that his necrons are not within 12 of another squad and cannot wwb anyway, they all die and are removed:party2: .
    The necrons player assaults my wraith lord with his wraith and they do nothing to each other.
    he advances his remaining squad of necrons
    The marine player attacks my reapers in combat with his chaplain and kills 4.

My Harlequins go forth at last and butcher the chaplain in combat with a total of 12 rending hits! :drinking:
    one squad of snipers kill some marines, doing very little at all.
    the other unit of snipers fail to do anything.
    my wraith lord kills a marine and the other is still locked in combat with the wraith.

Turn 4

The necrons player at last moves in rapid fire range of my pathfinders
    and fire 24 shots killing none... My 2+ cover save sees to that.
    His wraith is finally killed in close combat.
    The marine player fires his missile launcher, it does nothing.

My turn is the last, I fire my lone dark reaper exarch into the marine squad killing all but two of them with his tempest launcher.
    My snipers guided and the necrons doomed fire killing 4...well that wasn't so great :rofl My Harlequins advance over the wall Yay! for flip belts, fleet 6 inches assault the necrons and kill all of them.
    At this we call it a game.

CONCLUSION!
    Well after a rather quick game, I feel that the other players army lists were poorly designed, and that they could have worked much better as a team, The cheating was ignored by me. I prefer to let him learn from someone else that it is not very sportsmanship. and it was not my place to argue he would have denied it and thus creating unnecessary conflicts. I discussed quickly about how they could improve their lists.
    And on another note I felt that the game was a little dull for me. but not to worry.

Thanks for anyone who reads this text block, Hope you enjoyed reading

Cheers and until next time.

Me, Ambivalent? Well, yes and no.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x2)

It was fun to read, with all of the smilies and the like. However, it might not have been better if the two people had worked as a team. You had a purely anti-MEQ Eldar list, and would therefore dominate the players. The fact that there was no terrain between them and you is also a deciding factor in a shooty list.
    Also, both of the other players had some lists that are different from what you normally see.
    I'm not trying to knock your skills or playstyle, I just think that the match was a little one sided.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    42 (x1)

great report! Unfortunate that the other guy cheated, but he learned his lesson. Your list really was a lot better, but that teaches the other players to make better lists next time.

Were the other players new, because cheating is never the answer, learning how to use your army is.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I would agree with the fact that it was probly a bit onesided, they choose the board knowing what my list was.... And I think that the marine player was not that experianced, although the necron player was not too bad a player. Thanks for the replies though

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    92 (x2)

So in summary the marines had one weak heavy weapon and no other way to shoot back outside of rapidfire range or 24 inch 1 shot each. The necron player and marine player were both new to the game. Instead of playing a game that could be fun you used a list made to dominiate meq. You say they choose all the set up, you knowing how it would go could have offered some advice to the table allowing a game that would have been much funner for you and them. Good job and well done, i guess. Though you horribly destroying 2 new players will often times only leave a sour taste in the other 2 peoples mouth and they will likely never play again, or at least not you. Noone likes being obliterated. On top of this all they were down almost 100 points to start with.

They may have known what you had to play with but being new I hardly doubt they "Knew what your list was".
    Last edited by Tyrius; September 19th, 2007 at 03:12.
    My upcoming blog in the works:
    http://plasticrackminis.blogspot.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Me and them are playing another game next week on a team in a rather large game, I will be walking through there lists and such then. I did not choose my list according to their lists in this game. and there were down 100 points on the necron player the marine player was up around 200 points.

+ Reply to Thread