Thousand Sons Vs The Wolves of Fenris 2050pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thousand Sons Vs The Wolves of Fenris 2050pts

Firstly, i'd like to say hello to every one as it's been a while since i last posted here. Now onto the Battle Report. My troops are the Thousand Sons.

It was the Wolves of Fenris vs Ahriman's Thousand Sons. The game started off rathar poorly for the Thousand Sons. The enemy deployment zone was wraught with Buildings that could protect the Space Wolves as they gained valuable firing positions.

The game started with the Space Wolves moving first. They moved thier Long Fangs into shelter so they could set up thier heavy weapons. While a Squad of Blood Claws moved forward to try to secure a decent firing point ahead of their main force. Grimnar and his Squad of wolves moved to the flank trying to head off a squad of Thousand Son Automatons lead by thier Sorcerer. Thier first turn was pretty much just moving into postion.

At the start of my turn my thousand sons performed thier own advance but not before losing 3 of their faithful Terminators. The Two Dreadnougtht's that accompanied the Legion turned thier fire towards them. Cannons roared and promethium stench filled the air as the Thousand Sons marched forward. As the smoke lifted and the flames died down three terminators lay dead at the feet of thier brothers. The rest of the troops ignored this setback and moved forward towards the hated Wolves. A Squad of Sons mounted in a Rhino lurched forward and out the side hatch to open up upon the Blood Claws that had moved foward. Their guns blazed and only one Wolf fell to the barrage. The Predator tank stood it's ground and laid into the Long Fangs with it's Autocannon and two side sponson Las Cannons only to witness the Wolf forces take shelter behind the walls and overhangs of the building they occupied. The Land Raider took up a similar position but fired towards Logan Grimnar and his advancing troopers. Due to some previous turn Psyker ability they withstood the fire of the mighty Las Cannons but on of the battlebrothers fell to the heavy bolter turret.

Beyond the withering fire of the Thousand Son tanks stood the ground forces. A second Squad of Automatons Marched unerringly towards Grimnar thier bolters spat forth their inferno rounds at the squad and saw several more Wolves fall beneath this barrage. While the Terminators, after recovering from thier setback delt by the two Dreadnoughts, marched towards the center of the battlefield. They couldn't see much of the enemy so they too turned thier Bolters towards Grimnar and his troops. They saw several more fall. Grimnar's squad went from 11 men down to 5 and managed not to panic and run. The hatred towards the Sons clearly allowed them to stay the course.

At the begining of round 2 the wolves moved forward, determined to put an end to the vile chaos corrupted battle brothers of the Thousand Sons. They moved with purpose but clearly thier heads weren't on straight. They fired into the Sons and saw only victory with a single Glancing hit that removed the threat of the Predator's Heavy weapon, It's Autocannon. As the Turn started to end thier Psyker Proteced the Blood Claws with the power Storm Caller. The Sons remained to crush the enemy and they showed it by hurting the enemy further.

The Sons started by continuing thier advance. This time they were not hindered by Blood thirsty Dreadnoughts hell bent on destroying anything they could see. These two Machines of death walked forth towards the squad of Blood Claws as did thier brothers who exited the Rhino the turn before. The Terminator Lord that Accompanied Ahriman's troops also moved forth to lay into the enemy and he began to summon up a few Lesserdemons onto the field.

Meanwhile the Sons Bolter Fire opened up on the Blood Claws and they tore forth into the unit. 4 Of the Emperor's finest fell to the bolters The Dreadnoughts that approached also threw down some fire but they were shrugged off. The Predator continued to fire at the Long Fangs and yet again thier shots were absorbed by the building as Plaster and Bricks flew from the Las fire. The Land Raider on the other side of the field, changed it's target. It's guns blazed into the enemy hiding in the building It's shots did nothing more than caused more debris to fly.

While the Tanks continued to fire into the enemy positions the Troops infront of the Land Raider moved forward and let loose another round of shots into Grimnar and his squad. Between the Inferno Bolts and Ahriman's Bolt of Change, Grimnar's Retinue was laid to rest and it was him and him alone that stood ready to take on the rest of the Thousand Sons. But the Terminators quickly pounced on this turn of events and Bolt round after Bolt round slammed into Logan Grimnar's Power armor and he fell joinging his squad of Battle brothers in a heap on the battlefield.

Third turn was no better for the Wolves. They continued to shoot at the Thousand Sons and yet the enemy withstood the barrage. This time they concentrated thier fire upon the Terminator Lord that had moved forward. His Chanting Had just finished whe he was felled by the Long Fang's Las Cannon. Grimnar's Valiant attempt to flank the enemy had failed but it did not register with the rest of the Wolves and they stood thier ground.

This clearly was the height of the battle. The Sorcerer's Icon held the Lesser Daemon's position near the Blood Claws. One of the Dreadnoughts raged and it's eerie near robotic battle cries were heard across the battle. It charged forward towards the enemy lines. The Daemons slowly emerged from thier summoning gate and they also moved forth. The hunger for flesh gripping them. Under cover of Bolt Pistol and Inferno Rounds they charged into the remaining Blood Claws. Both The Dreadnought and Daemons tore the enemy's armor and fleash apart as they bathed in the blood of the Blood Claws. Two Marines escaped certain death at the advance. Killing 4 of The Tzeentch Daemons before they fled.

The Long Fang's luck also ran out. The last Dreadnought turned it's barrage of Heavy and regular Bolters upon them and killed two of the Elite warriors. forcing the remaining soldier to flee from behind the cover. The terminators saw no other target other than the Psyker and his retinue and marched forward towards thier position. Thier Bolters slamming home as they managed to only kill 1 of the marines standing off against them.

The final Turn clearly made the Wolves think better and they opted to flee the field of battle. When the smoke lifted off the field Ahriman stood near where Logan Grimnar's remains should have been. His enemy had escaped but was severely battered and wounded. Many Loyal Battle Brothers lay dead around him while he lost only a few scant Warriors who had aligned themselves to him and to Tzeentch.

This was a Fun match and a Clearly it was also a one sided affair. In retrospect I believe the gentleman opposite me was either new or he was uncertain of how his Space Wolves should have played against my Chaos Marines. As a Clear Vicorious SLaughter was the end result. Hopefully his troops will get better and i hope to face off against them again at that time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I commend you on your victory, and your opponent on his loss (better to lose one big battle than many other ones).

I too hope he learns from his mistakes and comes back with a vengance (I hear teh space wolves are good at that kind of thing )

Nice battle report, although it was a little hard to read (being that I was trying to pic the battlefield facts from the story) it was well done.

Again, congratulations.

-The God of all Machines
    W/D/L
    -Imperial:50/2/10
    -Non-Imperial:10/1/4

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The best thing about this game was when My two Dreads Fire Frenzied ont the Terminators first turn. I looked at the two ones I rolled and said to my self. Holy Feth(yes I read the Tanith books ) this isn't happening to me. The next turn i was wary as the Termies were still the closest units to the two dreads and i prayed to Tzeentch to not repeat the first round...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    198 (x4)

Without having a map of some description nor seeing the forces involved it is hard to picture the battle unfolding, and in turn just where any mistakes may have occurred. As for you SW opponent, I don't think there was that much he could have done. Without knowing the amount of terrain, pts value or anything else it is hard to comment, but the simple fact that the Inferno rounds negate the power armour meant that it would have been an up hill battle for him anyway. Space Wolves aren't the best defensive gun-line army, and he probably would have been better off waiting behind the buildings with the majority of his army.
    Am I right in thinking that he only had 3 units? 1 unit of Blood Claws, 1 Unit of Long Fangs and a unit of Grey Hunters as well as Grimnar and a Rune Priest? That seems like a really...unique...list. Especially in 1500pts (which is what I'm assuming from the 2 HQ's).
    Therefore it seems that you had more units, more firepower and more tanks than he did, not to mention power armour negating rounds and subsequently more survivability. Therefore I would be suprised if the restult was anything majorly different.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His Rune Priest had another Squad of Blood Claws if I am correct. And after the game i began to think. The game was 2050 per side. and he did seem to have a lot less than I did. Maybe he had not calculated his points correctly..... And yeah the pics would have helped out. next time i Go to play I'll take a camera and picture capture it all.

Hmm ok.. not sure what he had for Wargear and the likes, but i just tried to plug in his Army into Armies of the Imperium.... And they just don't add up. It looks like he thought he had 2000+ points but his numbers don't add up... Hmmm... Seems like my well fought victory was not that good if he didn't have that many troops.
    Last edited by Leorik_sennet; October 1st, 2007 at 03:19. Reason: adding info....

+ Reply to Thread