2000 point Nids vs Chaos - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2000 point Nids vs Chaos

My 2000 point List:
    1 Flying Tyrant (HQ) 200
    +S; 2xTL Dev; +BS; FH; Warp Field
    1 Hive Tyrant (HQ) 156
    +S; 2xTL Dev; +BS; +Save; The Shadow in the Warp
    1 Lictor (Elites) 80
    6 Warrior Brood (Elites) 270
    RC; ST; +S; +I; +WS; EC; FH; Leaping
    1 Carnifex (Elites) 114
    2xTL Dev; +BS; FH
    9 Genestealers (Troops) 189
    EC; FH
    9 Genestealers (Troops) 189
    EC; FH
    16 Gaunt Brood (Troops) 72
    Fleshborer
    15 Gaunt Brood (Troops) 55
    Spinefist
    3 Bio-Acid Spore Mine Cluster (Fast Attack) 36
    3 Biovores (Heavy Support) 165
    Bio-Acid Spore Mine
    1 Carnifex (Heavy Support) 163
    BS; VC; +BS; RC
    3 Zoanthropes (Heavy Support) 195
    Warp Blast; Synapse
    Total Models : 75
    Total: 2000pts

Chaos's 2000 point list:
    Kharn the betrayer (HQ) 165
    Chaos Lord (HQ) 155
    Mark of Khorne; Daemon Weapon; Plasma pistol
    10 Chaos Termies (Elite) 395
    Mark of khorne; 10x Combiplasmas; 1x Chainfist
    15 Chaos Space Marines 1 (Troops) 265
    Aspiring champ; Power Fist
    15 Chaos Space Marines 2 (Troops) 265
    15 Chaos Space Marines 3 (Troops) 265
    10 Kharn's Khorne Bezerkers (Troops) 245
    Skull Champion; Power Weapon; Personal Icon
    10 Grohk's Khorne Bezerkers (Troops) 245
    Skull Champion; Power Weapon; Personal Icon
    Total Models : 77
    Total: 2000pts
    --------------------
    Mission: Gamma Clease. I chose upper left side. Chaos got first turn.

Deployment. Buildings and Trees are size 3, ruins and rocks size 2.
    His units, left to right, top to bottom: Chaos Marines, Kharn with Berserkers, Chaos Marines, Lord with Berserkers, Chaos Marines
    My units, left to right, back row: Warriors, Stealers group 1, Flyrant, Sniperfex, Tyrant, Devilfex. Front row: Red Termagaunts, Zoanthrope, Blue Spinegaunts, Biovores, Stealers group 2, two Zoanthropes

End of Chaos's first turn. He moves everything into or behind cover. Probably counting on my to get to be the one to close in.

End of my first turn. All that can move and fleet, does. The Flyrant, Tyrant, and Devilfex causes greater than 50% casualties to the nearest Marine squad, causing it to fall back. The sniperfex hits the nearest Berserker squad with its Strangler and misses both Venom shots, however, the blast still takes out 6 Berserkers.

End of Chaos's second turn. The marine squad runs off the table. The other squads hug cover, or run around behind it. He also spreads the berserker squad a little.

End of my second turn. One mine cluster manages to deepstrike with the help of the Lictor's reroll but scatters 6" south, which makes the cluster hit and kill three of the southmost berzerkers. Lictor deepstrikes in as well, and hides in the forest. Flyrant kills all the nearest berzerkers but leaves Kharn unharmed, the fexes and tyrant unable to shoot as Kharn and his squad is more than 6" deep from their point of view. Stealers charge and manage one wound on Kharn, with four dead in return. Termagaunts manage to kill one Marine and half of them die trying.

End of Chaos's third turn. The Lictor manages to wound the lord before getting killed, The stealers lose four of their number without even causing a wound to Kharn, and the gaunts kill one more marine before all of them dies.

End of my third turn. One deepstriking mine cluster manages to kill one Berserker and one Marine. Tyrant moves down to get LOS on the Marines and leaves two Marines alive. Kharn finally kills the last stealer.

End of Chaos's fourth turn. Terminators finally arrive, kills the tyrant with massed plasma shots. Marines shoot one Spore cluster off the table. Kharn kills one Zoantrhope and consolidates into the fex. Berserkers kills half of the the Spinefists.

End of my fourth turn. Mine drifts dangerously close to the Berserkers, and I promptly blasted it with the Zoanthrope, killing one Berserker and one Spinefist. Stealers rush to aid the Fex and kills Kharn with 8 rending rolls. They consolidate 6" into the terminators.

End of Chaos's fifth turn. Last Marine squad manages to wound the Zoanthrope. Lord dies but takes two Warriors with it. Marines and Termies lose combat, Termies stay but remaining Marine falls back.

End of my fifth turn. All units that can shoot mass attacked the last Marine squad and brings them down to four, pins them as well. Warriors win combat, and stealers tie combat with the termies.

End of Chaos's sixth turn. Lone marine runs away, Stealers kill one Terminator, Terminators kill two.

End of my sixth turn. Mines drift into the Marines, kills one. Zoanthrope kills one. Sniperfex's BS kills two. Tyrant and Fex try to provide support to the Stealers, stealers kill one, Tyrant kills the last Terminator.
    Good game for the 'Nids. One thing I noticed, though, is that the gaunts always had to get dangerously close to the enemy in order to be able to shoot. Gonna try devourer gaunts in my next few games to see if they go better with my army.
    Any questions, comments, suggestions, violent reactions and/or declarations of love will be greatly appreciated.

Victory Points...
    Nids:
    2000 from opponent
    500 from lower left corner
    1000 from opponents' corner
    3500 Total VP
    Chaos:
    200 from Flyrant
    80 from Lictor
    189 from Genestealers
    95 from Genestealers
    72 from Termagaunts
    55 from Spinegaunts
    108 from Sporemines
    65 from Zoanthrope
    864 Total VP
    Difference of 2636 points... ;?
    (I'm not accustomed to calculating victory points, so I may be in error... Did I calculate it correctly?)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You let a Chaos army have more models than you...and you WON?!

The world's gone crazy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That was a pretty good battle, congratulations. How did you create such a good visual presentation of the battle, it looks very impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

very nice! i've tried devourer gaunts before, and i enjoyed them. All those shots and re-rolls!! S2, but who cares when your re-rolling THAT much! Good game! the khorne list got too shot up before it got stuck in
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    98 (x1)

He used the Vassal Game engine and LO's own custom image files. Vassal is an online Java client that allows for very realistic online games of 40k. There is an entire topic about it under Clubs and Clans.

Good battle report.

-T

The Allmighty Chaos Boots Process's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    106 (x3)

first off congrats on your win. Nice battle report too.
    second... how the hell did your opponenet manage to loose?
    The termies alone would have been able to wipe out a huge chunk of your list. then masses of gunlining bolters... he could ahve just sat back and shot you up. with only one sniper fex and some pesky biovores to deal with his termies would ahve made mince meat of those...

really congrats...

:drinking:
    What is Aurora Prime?
    "behold, I am the flamer, the searing one, the combustion of all spontanious flash fires, I am process" BIG RED BUTTON!

+ Reply to Thread