1000 POINT DH vs SM(BlackTemplars) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 POINT DH vs SM(BlackTemplars)

Alright, I am brand new to Warhammer 40k and I have started to collect a Daemonhunter Army. I am going for a pure Grey Knight army list because well...i think they are badass. This is my first battle ever against my brothers(and my twins) black templars (He is ColonelMendez445 on Librarium Online). We just decided to play until the last man standing, try to whipe out the other army. My army list was this:

DAEMONHUNTER STRIKE FORCE:
    HQ:
    -Grand Master Aleron:
    w/Nemesis Force Weapon, Master Crafted Psycannon, Terminator Armor, Word of the Emperor
    -Retinue
    (x7) Grey Knight Terminators
    w/(x1)Psycannon, Nemesis Force Weapons, Storm Bolters
    TROOPS:
    -Squad Alpha
    (x1) Justicar
    w/Nemesis Force Weapon, Storm Bolter
    (x5)Grey Knights
    w/(x2)Psycannons, Nemesis Force Weapons, Storm Bolters
    -Squad Bravo
    (x1) Justicar
    w/Nemesis Force Weapon, Storm Bolter
    (x5)Grey Knights
    w/(x2)Psycannons, Nemesis Force Weapons, Storm Bolters

BLACK TEMPLARS:
    HQ:
    -Marshall
    -Emperors Champion
    ELITES:
    -Dreadnought
    w/ Assault Cannon, Power Claw, Storm Bolter
    -(x7) Terminators
    w/(x2)Assault Cannons, Power claws, Storm Bolters
    TROOPS:
    -Crusader Squad #1(Lead by Marshall):
    (x10) Black Templar Initiates
    w/(x1)Meltagun, (x1)Power Fist
    -Crusader Squad #2(Lead by Emperors Champion):
    (x10) Black Templar Initiates
    w/(x1)Meltagun, (x1)Power Fist
    **VOW-ACCEPT ANY CHALLANGE**(WHOLE ARMY)

SETUP: There was a hill in each opposite corner and two spread out rock pillars in the center. We rolled and won, electing to go first. He deployed his Marshall Crusade Squad behind the hill on my left flank, the Dreadnought and termniators in the center and the Empereors Champion Crusade squad on my right Flank. I deployed my Grey Knight Squad Alpha Across from His Marshall Squad, My HQ and his bodyguard in the center and my Grey Knight squad Bravo on my hill across from the Emperors Champion Squad. We Rolled again and he go first turn.

STORY: Grand Marshall Aleron gazed silently out across the rough terrain at his enemy, The Black Templars. Curse the space marine chapters with their grudges and rivalries. On the planet of Makreth V the black templars and dark angels had come to blows over a long standing event that took place during the Ohpidium Gulf Campaign. Aleron and his men had been dispatched to destroy both armies. Instead of fighting the true enemies of the Emperor they had begun to kill each other and space marines killing space marines could not stand. He ordered his brothers to prepare for battle.

Marshall Varnes of the Black Templars quickly ordered his battle brothers into position. The damn Grey Knights had appeared out of nowhere and there intentions were clear. Were these marines tainted by chaos? It was the only explanation why the Grey Knights would turn on the Black Templars. They already had heard reports of the Dark Angel bastards begin wiped out by these grey armored marines. Mendez vowed that would not happen here. He bellowed over the com "For the Emperor, let us send these heretical scum back to the warp!"

TURN 1
    (Templars): Marshall Varnes of the Templars bellowed the command to advance as the whole army surged forward as one. The Dreadnought and assault cannon weilding terminators aimed their weapons at the Daemonhunter leader and his retinue but couldnt see them clearly as a shrouding haze enveloped them and were unable to shoot. Out of range the advancing infantry prayed that the DaemonHunters Fire would be inaccurate.

(Daemonhunters): As the black clad marines moved forward Aleron gave the orders to his squads to hold position and unleash their psycannons upon the advancing marines. Across the Daemonhunters battle line loud reports echoed as the famed weapons opened fire. Aleron grinned in spite of himself as he watched his psycannon rounds impact and destroy the dreadnought in an explosion of shrapnel. Two of the templar terminators also fell to the blistering fire of the Daemonhunters.

TURN 2:
    (Templars): Varnes roared in frustration as the old battle brother Grimwauld was destroyed, his dreadnought torn apart by the damed psycannons. Both squads and the termiantors advanced closer to the daemonhunters. The terminators moving farther ahead then anyone as they had lost battle brothers to the psycannons. Their assult cannons opened fire on the grey knights who were visible on the hill. Two of the grey armor clad marines fell. A small victory.

(Daemonhunters): Aleron ordered all available men to open fire on the terminators. Aleron, the psycannon in his retuine and the two psycannons from squad Bravo unleashed their weapons into the advancing terminators. He watched as three of them fell, their armor punched open by the blessed shells. The psycannons in squad Alpha conentrated their fire on the Templar Marshalls squad able to take down one marine.

TURN 3:
    (Templars): Varnes's squad surged forward at the loss of their battle brother towards the six man squad of grey knights just ahead of them. Their bolt pistols spat vengance as did the melta gun but they were only able to take down two of the daemonhunters. The terminators advanced even farteher as well to the base of the hill unleashing their assault cannons taking down a further two marines. The emperors champion squad moved in to support them. Varnes and his men desperatley wanted to get into close combat with the grey knights but were just out of range of the grey clad marines.

(Daemonhunters): Aleron ordered his bodyguard to advanced as they angled themselves towards the marshall and his squad. Squad alpha did as well positioning themselves to charge. Both squads storm bolters and psycannons roared to life taking down three of the marines. The remaining men from squad bravo unleashed their psycannons at the terminators at the base of the hill but every shot was absorbed by their toughened armor. Aleron and his terminators were unable to assault the marshall's squad but sqaud alpha did. Roaring out their battle cries to the emperor the grey knights slammed into the templars tearing apart all of them except the marshall who in return slew two of them.

Turn 4:
    (Templars): Varnes stood unfazed trading blows with the two remaing grey knights, spinning around he severed ones head from its shoulders and ducking a swing from the justicar, disembowled him. The two terminators advanced up the hill and opned fire on the remaining two marines of squad bravo, obliterating them. The emperors champion squad eager to get into battle turned and advanced towards Aleron and his retinue eager for blood. Varnes was pulling his axe from the Justicars body when he` froze at the sound of cocking bolters and knew he was dead.

(Daemonhunters): Aleron and his men opened fire on the the lone Marshall and watched as his body was torn apart until nothing was left of the marshall. Then Aleron and his men turned towards the terminators on the hill and the oncoming squad of crusader marines.

Turn 5:
    (Templars): Brother Nathaniel, the Emperors Champion felt his blood heat up at the site of the Marshalls mangaled body. He vowed that he would be revenged tenfold. The terminators on the hill covered their advance with a wall of fire from their assault cannons but to their dismay watched as all the shells impacted on their armor or missed entirely.

(Daemonhunters): Aleron and his men stood unflinching as the assault cannon shells whizzed by them and orderd them to return fire. He watched as his psycannon bolts ripped the head off from one of the terminators in a shower of blood. He watched as a rain of storm bolter shells slammed into the other terminator tearing its body apart. Calmly he and his men awaited the charge of the emperors champion.

Turn 6:
    (Templars): Nathaniel Roared as he and his battle brothers slammed into the hulking terminators. The black sword flashing in the sun as he slew one of the grey terminators. His joy of watching his battle brothers strike many hits on the monsters turned into shock as only one fell. Nathaniel watched as the Grand Master drew back his halberd.

(Daemonhunters): Aleron drove his halberd through the robed warrior making the blade punch out the other side. He tossed aside the corpse and began with his battle brothers slaughter the templars as they sung a battle hym at the top of their lungs. Victory was theirs.

This battle was alot of fun and i think its awsome that i won my ever first warhammer 40k battle against my twin who is a seasoned player. This is only the second time he has lost with his black templars. I will say though he was rolling terribly and i was rolling very well pretty much the whole game. What saved me was the psycannons, they are awsome!! And my strategy worked out to perfection. Sit back and shoot then counter attack at the last second. Tell me what you think!
    :drinking:

Last edited by GMAleron; November 16th, 2007 at 06:03.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    283 (x6)

Congrats on your first victory! Welcome to 40K! :happy:
    "If you can wait til I get home, then I swear we can make this last."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    26 (x1)

Well written, well played. I favoured the templars and their bravery in taking the fight to their foes insteads of hiding behind shrouding and psycannons, but alas, the daemonhunters won. Very well written, watch out for spelling mistakes.
    Quote Originally Posted by AlbinoAlien View Post
    "I am, Shiz_Vaerth! Guardian of Dyren'thya! Keeper of the gateway to the legendary, BLACK LIBRARY! User of the pipes, and wielder of the eternal blade of Dublin"
    Diplomacy: The art of telling someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Join the
    Children of Isha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well presented to us... Good Work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go Grey Knights

Well done and I wish you many more victories.

You write well, but using a spell check would make it a lot easier to read.

Thanks and may the Emperor Protect,

;Y

+ Reply to Thread