Tyranids vs. Necrons 1850 pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranids vs. Necrons 1850 pts

Well this weekend I was able to use my first Nidzilla list having just received the Mycetic Assault box (5 Carnifexes). Overall I played 3 games on Sat. and managed to win 2 against Chaos and Necrons and lose 1 against the new Ork list. In this report I'll be going over my battle against the servants of the Star Gods since I can remember it the best. Here are the respective lists:

Mine:
    HQ
    Hive Tyrant 227 pts
    - T. Sacs, E. Senses, 2x TL Deathspitters; 2x Tyrant Guard

Hive Tyrant 182 pts
    - Winged, T. Sacs, F. Hooks, Warp Field, 2x S. Talons

Elites
    3x Carnifexes 113 pts
    - E. Senses, 2x TL Devourers

Troops
    5x 6 Genestealers 120 pts
    - E. Carapace

Heavy Support
    3x Carnifexes 167 pts
    - E. Senses, R. Chitin, A. Gland (WS), V. Cannon, B. Strangler

The Necron List:
    HQ
    Lord 210 pts
    - Warscythe, Res. Orb, Destroyer Body, Phase Shifter

Elites
    2x 7 Immortals 196 pts

Troops
    3x 10 Warriors 180 pts

Fast Attack
    2x 3 Wraiths 123 pts

5 Destroyers 250 pts

Heavy Support
    3x 1 Heavy Destroyer 65 pts

The mission was an 1850 pt Gamma Level Seek and Destroy with me losing the roll for sides and so I had to set up first.

Deployment
    I placed the majority of my army in one half with a lone HS Fex and my Winged Tyrant in the other half. I did this because there was quite a bit of terrain on that side that would shelter my from a lot of his shooting. I also hid my Genestealers behind a wall of Monstrous Creatures when there was an abscence of terrain.

My opponent mirrored my deployment closey with the exception of placing a Warrior squad and his 3 Heavy Destroyers on the half, opposite of my lone Carnifex and Winged Tyrant. He also placed an Immortal squad and his two other Warrior squads in a bunker whilst his Wraith wing and Destoyers set up on my right flank,, safely behind cover.

Turn 1
    I managed to win the first turn and promptly moved everything forward. I moved my Carnifexes into cover and advanced everything else behind cover or in the open towards the Necrons lines. My shooting was minimaly effective with only the HS Fexes in range. They opened fire and managed to knock down an Immortal and make another dissapear due to the S 10 Venom Cannon. I also managed to make 2 or 3 Warriors disappear as well. With some decent fleet rolls it was my opponents turn.

Moving a Warrior squad and 3 Heavy Destroyers into sight of my Winged Tyrant and his Destroyers so that they could see an exposed Genestealer Brood. Openin fire, the Necrons managed to wiped out a complete squad of Genestealers, put 3 wounds on my Winged Tyrant (2 caused by Warriors and 1 by a Heavy Destroyer) and a couple wounds on one Elite Fex.

Turn 2
    Having born the brunt of some effective Necron shooting, I advanced even further. My Winged Tyrant saddled up next to the Warriors who shot at him, the rest of the army went towards the bunker in which so much fire power had come from. In my shooting phase I was unabel to knock down any Heavy Destroyers but managed to wittle down some Warriors and Immortals. Due to some very poor Fleet moves, I only had one combat which pitted the Winged Tyrant against some Necron Warriors. The Tyrant emerged unschathed whilst ripping apart 5 of the Necrons who subsequently failed their LD check and were overrun. I managed to just be out of range of the Heavy Destroyers, and thus, an exposed target.

Next it was my opponent's turn who had very little movement except to have the Heavy Destroyers flee the possible wrath of the Winged Tyrant if he managed to wipe out the Warriors. I was surprised that the Necron player did not move his Wraith Wing so that he could charge my Genestealers who were in cover. With my Nids now closer, the Necrons were able to get off many more shots.. The Heavy Destroyers took aim at a Heavy Carnifex causing two wounds. This lack luster performance continued with 7 Immortal squad opening fire, 5 shots hitting and only one wounding Genestealers in cover and was saved.. The only combat that took place saw my Winged Tyrant utterly destroy the Warriors.

Turn 3
    Counting my blessing, I charged forward once more. I positioned my Winged Tyrant to take on those pesky Heavy Destroyers and move my Genestealers into combat. My shooting was amazingly effective as I was able to wipe out the remaing Warriors and Immortals from the first two squads that I shot at in the beginning. I also managed to achieve some decent fleet rolls which allowed my Genestealers to make it into combat with the other Immortal squad in the open. The Genestealers took down 4 of the Immortals whilst losing only 1. The Immortals fled and were cut down and my consolidation move brought me into contact with the last Warrior squad. My Winged Tyrant shredded a Heavy Destroyer but only consolidated 1 inch leaving him exposed to the other two Heavy Destroyers.

The weakened Necron force had very little movement to do which saw the Wraith Wing position to attack my weakened Elite Carnifexes and the Heavy Destroyers moving away to shot at my Winged Tyrant. His shooting was once again ineffective with the Heavy Destroyers rolling two 1's to wound my Winged Tyrant. But he did manage to wipe out a second brood of Genestealers with his Destroyers. Next came combat in which the Necron Lord took on my 1 wound Elite Carnifex and killed him but only managing to consolidate 1 inch. The two groups of Wraiths wiped out their Elite Carnifex and both consolidated into my two Genestealer brood hiding behind. The combat between the Warriors and the Genestealers was a draw with each side only killing one opponent.

Turn 4
    With so much in combat, I moved the rest of my army with the exception of a few Heavy Carnifexes, towards combat. My shooting was non existent with the exception of a Venom Cannon killing a Heavy Destroyer. The beginning of the Assault phase saw my walking Tyrant move into the Necron Lord in addition to a Elite Carnifex. Both of these MCs inflicted two wounds whilst losing none in return. The Genestealers and Wraiths saw the Wraiths lose a complete squad but hold firm. Finally the combat between the Warriors and Genestealers came to a draw.

One Wraith managed to get back up, much to my annoyance. The only movement the Necron player had was to position his Destroyers to shoot at my Winged Tyrant. The Destroyers managed to kill the Winged Tyrant with only one failed armor save. Combat saw the Wraiths lose 3 more of their number and flee without getting caught. The combat between the Elite Carnifex and the walking Hive Tyrant against the Destroyer Lord was a draw due to the Phase Shifter of the Lord. The Genestealers managed to kill more Warriors but found themselves still in combat due to th Warriors refusing to give in.

Turn 5
    My fifth turn saw a Heavy Carnifew charge towards the exposed Destroyers. He first shot at them but missed completely. The ensuing combat saw the Carnifex cut down two Destroyers without losing a wound. The combined power of the Elite Carnifex and Hive Tyrant managed to kill the Destroyer Lord. Finally the combat between the Genestealers and Warriors was once again a draw due to me only having 2 Genestealers and him having only 4 Warriors.

It was at this time that my opponent realised that he had reached Phase Out with no hope of being able to resurect enough Necrons.

Conclusion
    I realize that I was very lucky at certain parts of the game, especially when it came to some poor shooting from the Necrons. I also knew that the NEcrons would struggle due to the fact that they don't possess very many weapons that could cut into my MCs although they do have quite a few medium damage weapons that can hurt in vast quantities. Overall I was very impressed with the Nidzilla list and its ability to dish out some serious damge whilst sustaining alot in return.

"They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    411 (x8)

well done, congratulations, have to say the necron army is not the best I have seen and as you point out, necrons are not entirely overloaded with anti flex weapons, particularly anti flex that ignores extended carapace, but dont let that detract from the win
    Everything you have been told is a lie!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is a pretty wicked army but I would say a few mistakes on my opponent's part cost him the game.
    "They say the Darkness consumes you. They don't say what happens after It's done."

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A very good battle indeed, and with experience comes wisdom. So over time you will be able to use your army with more efficiency. Good luck with more battles to come.8Y

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

AHH!!! NOO THE AWFUL DOOM OF HAVING TO FACE A NIDZILLA ARMY!!! *I'm a cron player*
    good job though!
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

+ Reply to Thread