Marines vs. Marines 550 points - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    397 (x6)

Marines vs. Marines 550 points

The board:

We were playing cleanse (this wasn't a combat patrol) so there were table quarters. The middle of the map had a huge hill, one set of opposite quarters each had a small fort / bunker / fortified position in each, and the other opposite quarters each had a small hill.

The armies:

I was playing Blood Raves
    Commander with power sword and bolt pistol
    Command Squad
    +6 Marines
    +2 melta guns
    +Infiltrate

Tactical Squad
    +8 Marines
    +missile launcher
    +plasma gun
    +Infiltrate

Tactical Squad
    +8 Marines
    +missile launcher
    +plasma gun
    +Infiltrate

He was playing Imperial Fists
    Master with power fist and bolt pistol
    Command Squad
    +5 marines
    +Razorback with heavy bolter

Dreadnought with ccw and assault cannon

Tactical Squad
    +6 Marines
    +heavy bolter

Tactical Squad
    +6 Marines
    +plasma cannon

He deployed in one corner with a small hill in it. The plasma cannon squad deployed near the center of the board, the Razorback was at one end going for one bunker, and the other tactical squad and dread were positioned to move into the other bunker. I deployed one tactical squad in each of the bunkers (hooray Infiltrate) and the command squad as close to the plasma cannon squad as I could get.

Turn 1 Blood Ravens
    The tactical squad close to the dread moved up into the bunker and blew up the dread with the plasma gun. The command squad moved forward and killed the plasma cannon gunner. The other tactical squad sat still and killed two more marines from the plasma cannon squad.

Turn 1 Imperial Fists
    The tactical squad near the dread decided that they would charge my squad after seeing the dread get blown up. They lost two marines, didn't kill anything in return, and passed their morale check. The tactical squad in the middle stepped off of the hill and into cover. The Razorback moved towards the other squad in the bunker, disembarked the command squad, and proceeded to block line of sight.

Turn 2 Blood Ravens
    In assault, my tactical squad killed two more marines while taking no casualties, but could not cause the Imperial Fists to run. The command squad couldn't get a useful line of sight to anything, so they advanced into the center of the board. The engaged tactical squad shot at the command squad and killed 3.

Turn 2 Imperial Fists
    The Razorback tried to tank shock my squad, but failed a difficult terrain test and became immoblished on the bunker wall. The depleted tactical squad shot at my tactical squad and killed 2. The Commander and remaining marine assaulted the tactical squad and killed everyone (6 attacks, 5 of them from power fists). Sometime around now my other tactical squad killed off the last two marines on the other side of the board.

Turn 3 Blood Ravens
    The Command squad shot at the Razorback, but two meltagun hits were only able to cause a can't move / can't shoot result; fantastic. (note: I considered assaulting his commander but decided not to since I would have to have taken 2 difficult terrain tests and rolled 6's for both to make it. Remember this). The other tactical squad began the long walk to find some people to shoot.

Turn 4 Imperial Fists
    After rolling sixes for two difficult terrain tests, his commander assaults my command squad. The power fist destroys my commander, after 3 power sword attacks and 6 other attacks fail to connect. The other tactical squad moves up to support the assault.

Turn 5 Blood Ravens
    The Imperial Fist commander vaporizes the command squad with some help from the other tactical squad.

Turn 5 Imperial Fists
    The commander and remaining tactical squad advance towards the final tactical squad.

Turn 6 Blood Ravens
    Unable to target the commander, and again not wanting to trust in two difficult terrain tests to get into assault, the tactical squad shoots at and destroys the remaining marine from the command squad.

Turn 6 Imperial Fists
    Again rolling sixes on both of his difficult terrain tests, the commander gets into close combat. Fortunately I was able to put the final wound on him before he could power fist a third squad into oblivion.

Result:
    Blood Raves held one table quarter
    Imperial fists held zero table quarters

Some poor armour save rolling, but fantastic difficult terrain and close combat rolls on the Imperial side balanced out some good shooting and poor close combat rolls for the Ravens and made this a very close game. It all came down to one final combat in the final turn.

General Project Log Things I Paint
    Seeing Red A Khador Log
    Stuck Between Stations My Blog

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

nice report. better than i could do. in fact... i might do a report for my apocalypse game
    It is insufficiant that I succeed - All others must fail.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very interesting and Concise

+ Reply to Thread