Battle Arena - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Battle Arena

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Battle Arena

Battle Arena:
    Long ago there was a place amongst the 40k community where characters from all races could come together and duke it out to see who was best. This was known as the battle arena; and in its time saw three full runs before failing in its fourth. The organizers expanded the arena to much and got in over their heads to fast and ultimately the fourth and final BA died out in the end.

Now thirteen months later, battle arena is being started anew; so lets get the rules and such over with and commence with the killing.

What I do:
    As the organizer/runner of this battle arena I am putting myself up to the task of rolling and writing each battle. I will be using the invisible castle dice rolling system so that everyone can see the rolls. Once I have done the rolls, I'll write up a fluffy report/account of the battle and post it up here/in the 40k fluff sub-forum. However I will link each battle to an update post in this thread.

Rules/Regulations:
    1) Characters may be no more than two hundred points.
    2) You may not exceed your characters normal wargear allowance.
    3) Weapons which would cause instant death on a character instead inflict two wounds. (This includes force weapons and any weapons that kill an opponent outright.)
    4) Characters that would normally have to take a retinue or squad (such as the broodlord or officer in a command platoon) ignore that requirement; they may not choose to bring that squad with them.
    5) Wargear that would be represented on another base is allowed, but each entry is limited to one such unit.
    6) No special characters (This even goes for the new codecies that include special characters as normal HQ options.)
    7) Character choices are as follows:
    Eldar: Autarch, farseer
    Dark Eldar: Archon/drachon, Archite/drachite, homenoculus
    Tau: Commander, ethereal
    Tyranids: Hive tyrant, broodlord
    Orks: Warboss, wierdboy, big mek
    Necrons: Necron lord
    Space marines: Commander, librarian, chaplain (or equivalents depending on the codex; note that no space wolf entry of venerable dreadnought will be accepted.)
    Chaos marines: Chaos lord, chaos sorcerer, daemon prince
    Imperial guard: Officer, commissar, priest, sanctioned psyker
    Witch hunters: Sister of battle heroine, inquisitor lord, priest
    Daemonhunters: Grandmaster, brother-captain, inquisitior lord

Now as with the older battle arena's, chaos characters are still very appealing and powerful; as such this battle arena has a limit to them. The first three chaos entries will be accepted and then no more, and of those three entries only one entry using the lash of submission will be allowed. (Just so theres less chance of many of the entries being of the exact same build.)

Submitting your Character
    Please send your char to me via private Msg; upon recieving your character I will enter you up in this post that will reserve your slot.

For this battle arena, a maximum of sixteen characters will be allowed.

Characters should follow the rules above and should be entered using the following template:

Name:
    Race: (codex and character choice)
    Special rules:
    Wargear:
    Weapons:
    Physical Description:
    Background Story to your Char:

The arena:
    As each battle is fought, I am going to try and make the arena's the are fought in different or varied. I will post a picture of the current arena at the beggining of each battle report.

Now some characters may end up being gunfighters rather than close combat fighters, as such characters will never be locked in combat. (This means that characters who gain bonus's during the first turn when they charge may get those multiple times.) This is reserved more for characters that fight more in the shooting phase, so don't go making close combat monsters and expect them to back away and charge every turn.

Competitors:
    1) Warboss Van’der’snag (AlbinoAlien)
    2) Edmund Lee (daelrog)
    3) Iron Malice (Bellum_Gerreo)
    4) Chaplain Marcus (hero)
    5) Satori (Kuja)
    6) Abyss (kore)
    7) Shas'o Pow-nage' (lastspartacus)
    Starscream (RobtheGuru)
    9) Scarface (Tyrannis)
    10) Grimrok 'Ead Basha (gamerfreak)
    11) Librarian Niall (Tekore)
    12) Swordsman Eudicius (Jaffar_Hasad)
    13) Lord Tyr (Roland Durendal)
    14) ... (Deceiver)
    15) Ro'Karoth the Farsighted (gingerninja)
    16) Tyaphas' Scourge (kalender)

Feel free to ask any questions and I'll do my best to answer them...:C

Last edited by darkreever; December 17th, 2007 at 17:24.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Master of Those Damn Durable Swords Roland Durendal's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x2)

Question: For Sisters of Battle, how will you work their Faith into the equation?
    If you win games against Nids with flamers (aside from the Inferno Cannon on a Hellhound), you're playing against opponents with stupidity of impressive magnitude.

~ Sokhar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

I guess ill just post my queastion. Can we take retinues with our characters if we want them? I.E Ammo runts for orks, familiars for librarians, Alcolytes for Inquistors , ect.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

AlbinoAlien, if its a wargear option then you can take up to one (In the case of squigs and familiars) but you cannot take retinues.

Roland Durendal, as far as faith goes; if someone is submitting a character that uses faith than please include an idea of how those faith points should be spent. (If nothing is given then I am going to be using the faith solely on the invulnerable save option.)

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sorry i missed that when reading it dark reaver.
    i wasted my whole life on warhammer so it's a good thing i have 2 wounds and a 2+invul
    Tau
    W12/T1/L0
    eldar
    W10/T0/L15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Thats all well and good hero, but you do need to do as the first post says for submitting a character:

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever
    Please send your char to me via private Msg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by darkreever View Post
    (or equivalents depending on the codex; note that no space wolf entry of venerable dreadnought will be accepted.)
    Boooo! *hiss*

Anyhow, as a veteran of the original BA, I'm happy to see you bringing it back darkreever, good on you. I'm glad you're sticking to strict HQ choices as well.

Expect my entry soon.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by kore View Post
    Anyhow, as a veteran of the original BA, I'm happy to see you bringing it back darkreever, good on you. I'm glad you're sticking to strict HQ choices as well.
    I'm glad to Kore, though I have a feeling that if a new BA2 is done than we will not be seeing a carnifex winning this time around. I do remember being on the edge of my seat for that final battle, hoping beyond anything that Alexandria would keep the title somehow...:C

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Since Guard commanders can take retinue(and you stated that it is not necessary, but the player can choose if he wants) can I equip the retinue? I mean can I, for example, put two plasmaguns and two medics? Also, I presume I cannot use advisors in that command squad?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    134 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by TheDarkOne View Post
    Since Guard commanders can take retinue(and you stated that it is not necessary, but the player can choose if he wants) can I equip the retinue? I mean can I, for example, put two plasmaguns and two medics? Also, I presume I cannot use advisors in that command squad?
    I believe when it was said that the required retinue limitation is removed, no retinues are allowed. See post #4 by darkreever.
    Karmoon: "well.. any kore = good kore" 12:35pm PST 23 May 2007

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast