Battle arena results - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    186 (x8)

Battle arena results

Lord Tyr vs Ro'Karoth the Farsighted

The warped realm of the battle arena was bathed in a shimmering twilight, bleak as the fate of those who did not win the fights that would soon take place. From one end of the arena entered a large figure, standing far over two meters tall, lumbered forward; glowing force weapon held in one weapon, pulling the arm towards the opposite end of the arena where Ro'Karoth's sightless eyes 'saw' his opponent. From the opposite end, wolf lord Tyr revved the engine of his bike as the giant fenrisian wolf at his side let out a growl to match the vehicle. A smile crept its way onto the wolf lords face as he saw that he would be vanquishing one of the retched traitor astartes, but that smile quickly turned a snarl as he realized that the warrior bore imagery of the patron god of his chapter's mortal enemies, the all seeing eye of the changer of ways.

"Come Fenris, theres killing to be done and glory to be won!" The lord shouted to the wolf before throwing the bike forward at full speed, seeing the chaos marine running forward in the bulky terminator armour across the arena. A loud roar followed in the lord's wake as he closed the gap between himself and the traitor, almsot falling right into the bastard astartes trap as the wolf was forced to veer violently to the side. With almost impossible strength, the chaos marine ran forward before jumping off a set of rocks, hurling an unearthly blast of energy in the lords path just as Tyr dodged.

The bolt of change missing was a terrible blow for Ro,Karoth; the chaotic energies would have done much harm to the space wolf, however the sorcerer had been able to see that his shot might miss and had already countered as he crashed to the ground within arms reach of Tyr, swinging out his sword to catch the aging marine off guard. The daemonicly charged weapon easily slices into the armour, but the wolf lord pulls away before any damage can be serious before striking back with his own frost axe, Fenris leaping at Ro'Karoth at the same time.

Ro'Karoth ignores the giant wolf and instead focuses on Tyr, vainly attempting to block the space wolf's blows, but where Ro'Karoth was a seer and warrior, Tyr was only a warrior bred for combat, armed with a blessed weapon that shimmered as if constantly generating ice. Several times the lord's axe bit deep into the mighty plates of the terminator armour, tearing away chunks of plasteel and meat. Ro'Karoth backed away, backhanding the fenrisian wolf as it tried to pounce on him.

Tyr let out a howl before revving the bikes engines again and charging at Ro'Karoth, axe held high, ready to sweep down into the center of the chaos marine.As the distance again closed, Ro'Karoth could see Tyr smile for a moment before the wolf lord jumped off the bike into the air, gripping the axe in both hands as the astartes momentum threw him forward. "Foolish pup, who do you think your dealing with; lord Tzeentch, the changer of ways, has seen your defeat at my hands already!" Ro'Karoth shouted, cutting forward with the force weapon just as the wolf lords axe came down.

For a second, time stood still as Ro'Karoth held Tyr back one handed; energies within the force weapon lashing out at Tyr to suck his soul into the warp. Time moved forward once again and Ro'Karoth's sword shattered; the Farsighted was allowed enough time to see that he had been allowed to see only one of the possible futures, but had been denied sight of the true future before Tyr's axe was driven into his head, killing the chaos warrior instantly.

Tyr hit the ground hard and panting, using the bike as a springboard had been risky and equally tiring on his older body. Not only that but hundreds of hards from the sorcerers sword were now embedded within his armour and flesh; each one that defiled his flesh seemed to hold onto some vile magics, keeping the laremin cells of his body from pushing them out and closing the wounds. Standing up, the lord spat on the sorcerers body before hefting his axe on his shoulder. "Lets go Fenris, theres more out there to kill for us yet."

Turn 1 priority roll:
    Ro'Karoth priority roll (1d6=6)
    Tyr priority roll (1d6=2)
    Ro'Karoth the Farsighted goes first
    - Ro'Karoth moves forward to rocks, out of range to shoot
    -Tyr turbo-boosts forward, cannot fire

Turn 2 priority roll:
    Ro'Karoth priority roll (1d6=3)
    Tyr priority roll (1d6=3)
    Ro'Karoth priority roll (1d6=4)
    Tyr priority roll (1d6=2)

Ro'Karoth the Farsighted goes first
    -Ro'Karoth moves over rocks, fires a bolt of change(Test passed:bolt of change (2d6=3), missed (1d6=1))

Ro'Karoth charges, simultanious combat; Ro'Karoth attacks with force weapon, 4 attacks (Three hit (1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=3), none wound (1d6=1, 1d6=1, 1d6=3))
    Tyr attacks with frost axe, 5 attacks ( four hit (1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=6), four wounds, two wounds unsaved)
    Fenris, 2 attacks (one hit (1d6=3, 1d6=6), one wound,wound saved (1d6=6))

-Tyr attacks with frost axe, 5 attacks ( two hit (1d6=4, 1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=2, 1d6=1), one wound (1d6=2, 1d6=5), wound saved (1d6=4))
    Ro'Karoth attacks with force weapon, 3 attacks ( one hit (1d6=2, 1d6=5, 1d6=1), no wound (1d6=2))
    Fenris, 2 attacks ( one hit (1d6=1, 1d6=6), one wound (1d6=5), saved(1d6=4))

Turn 3 priority roll:
    Ro'Karoth priority roll (1d6=1)
    Tyr priority roll (1d6=4)
    Lord Tyr goes first

-Tyr attacks with frost axe, 5 attacks (one hit (1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=3, 1d6=2), one wound (1d6=6), not saved (1d6=3))
    -Ro'Karoth, 3 attacks ( two hits (1d6=5, 1d6=4, 1d6=3), no wounds (1d6=3, 1d6=4))

Lord Tyr wins

Last edited by darkreever; December 19th, 2007 at 23:19.

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar
    Member of the Fluff Masters Clan

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

awe man that was brutal. Good to see the marines taking first death.
    i wasted my whole life on warhammer so it's a good thing i have 2 wounds and a 2+invul
    Tau
    W12/T1/L0
    eldar
    W10/T0/L15

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Wow, great write up, poor wound rolling for Chaos there. Can't wait to see more!

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Edmund Lee vs Chaplain Marcus

With the first fight over with, the battle arena began to shift and change in anticipation of the next fight. Nearly halving in size, this new arena was much more bare as the next fighters entered. From one end came another biker, the aged Imperial Fist chaplain Marcus swung out with a weapon in each arm, eliciting a roar of excitement from the onlookers; the astartes grizzled face showing no emotion as he looked straight at the opposite end of the arena. Like Marcus, Edmund also held up one of his weapons, the large powerfist built on top of his arm cackling to life as blue sparks leapt from his fingers. Looking back at the astartes across from him, Edmund spat at the ground before grinning slyly.

Without a word of any kind, both moved at the exact same moment; Marcus gunning the engine of his bike forward, opening fire with the twin linked bolters, as Edmund hurled himself towards the fallen tree, firing off his plasma pistol wildly. Bolter shots smashed into the ground and tree, until one particular shot caught Edmund in the shoulder, tearing away the coat covering his body and shattering the carapace armour beneath. The guardsman's momentum was enough to keep him going as the man slammed down hard into the tree, missing taking any more hits; but he knew that he had to get in close where those guns couldn't tear him apart.

"Besides" He thought "Wheres the glory in killing the enemy from afar when you can do it up close." Before vaulting over the tree, feeling the artificial adrenaline of the gland implants helping him to go faster than a normal person should be able to. As Edmund neared Marcus, he felt a pain in his side and new that the glands had done to much, something was wrong inside his own body and he still had yet to defeat this space marine.

Still running, Edmund planted one foot on the sandbag in front of him as Marcus sped forward, jumping into the air and pulling his powerfist back. "Lets see you stop this space marine!" He yelled as the two came within feet of each other before punching forward. As the fist came closer to the chaplain, Edmund realized to late that the adrenaline still coursing through his body from the glands had caused him to jump to far; the officer only having second to realize this before the chaplain swung out with his crozius as the powerfist missed the marine by inches. The chaplain's weapon tore through the carapace armour like paper and crushed ribs as the momentum of Edmunds own body aided in hurting him further.

Edmund died before hitting the ground, his entire chest having been pulvarised from his own attempt at a stylish and glory filled attack. Marcus skidded the bike to a stop, lowering his crozius to the ground before whispering, "There was never anything to stop, except the life of someone so arrogant" before leaving the arena.

Turn 1 priority roll:
    Marcus priority roll (1d6=5)
    Lee priority roll (1d6=4)
    Chaplain Marcus goes first.

-Marcus moves forward 12, shoots twin linked bolter (hit (1d6=4), wound (1d6=4), not saved (1d6=2))
    -Lee runs forward to fallen tree, fleets forward (fleet (1d6=6), takes wound for roll of six) and charges Marcus.
    Marcus uses crozius, 4 attacks (three hit (1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=4, 1d6=2), two wound (1d6=2, 1d6=6, 1d6=4), neither saved (1d6=2, 1d6=3))
    Chaplain Marcus wins

Take my love, take my land, take me to where I cannot stand; I don't care I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.

"The difference between gods and daemons largely depends upon where one is standing at the time."- Lorgar

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    542 (x8)

Yowch. What a way to go! Space Marines cleaning up so far.

Tekore

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    28 (x2)

itd be nice to know what these fellows are for imagination purposes:p know clue what a lee is.
    VASSAL record:
    too many, gave up counting. rough estimates of 10% even steven, 25% omg i lostorz! and 65% PWNED NEWBS! ^^

<Tossy> Crons are freaking invincible!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    254 (x5)

Quote Originally Posted by lastspartacus View Post
    itd be nice to know what these fellows are for imagination purposes:p know clue what a lee is.
    Well, as te creator of Lee, I can answer that. He's a corpse now.
    Before his untimely death, he was a heroic senior officer. I gave him a bunch of toys, including some doctrines. I gave him the gland warrior doctrine from the abhuman doctrines in WD 302. I thought the extra speed would help, even with the off chance that he'd wound himself in the process.
    I am heading off to the Peace Corps. It is bery likely I will not be back. Good luck to all of you endeavors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

great fight and i am glad to see my chaplain earning some redemption.
    i wasted my whole life on warhammer so it's a good thing i have 2 wounds and a 2+invul
    Tau
    W12/T1/L0
    eldar
    W10/T0/L15

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

186 (x8)

Van’der’snag vs Abyss

With the ending of the second battle; the arena again began to warp and change, increasing in size as jagged rocks bubbled out from the ground. As the ground settled, the gates of the arena opened and a WAAAGH!!! immediately echoed throughout the entire arena as a giant black mass of muscle charged forward, firing wild bursts into the air as warboss Van'der'snag ran to his opponents side of the arena. On the opposite end, the daemon prince Abyss stared from the shadows before running out of its own entrance, jumping high into the air, the power behind such a move helping the chaos champion to cross half the arena in a single bound.

Before landing though, the dameon prince began to call upon energies from the warp, and at the moment that the creature landed a powerful thunderclap erupted outwards from the prince, green and purple lightning shooting from the very air and covering the warboss. Ignoring the bruns though, Van'der'snag kept going, each step laboured and sluggish as the lightning burned more of the ork and tried to keep him back.

Lifting his gun, Van'der'snag pulled down on the trigger, a stream of bolter fire barking from the gun as the ork fired in Abyss's direction; not a single shot ever touching the daemon prince. The firing of the slugga proved enough to halt whatever Abyss had been doing, and Van'der'snag jumped forward, bionik arm releasing a gout of flames as the orks other arm slammed down with the gigantic hammer it wielded. Abyss ignored the flames and lunged forward, claws digging into the orks armour before the manifestation of chaos was hurled away.

At first Van laughed, believing that he had dealt a good blow to the daemon prince, but then he realized, as his enemy began to stand up, that the blow had been little more than a flesh wound. As the orks feelings drained back to anger, Abyss threw something at the warboss's feet. As the object hit the ground, Van realized that the black object had once been the grot that had been with him all this time. Abyss had used its body to stave off most of the hammer's blow; and for some reason the death of the wretch enraged the ork. Grots were nothing but weaklings, but this one had been strong enough to survive with Van'der'snag after all this time.

Realizing that Abyss was still alive and in front of him, Van'der'snag roared again and jumped forward, hammer held high in both hands as the ork tried to smash the daemon prince in one shot. However the time Van had taken to realize that his grot had been killed was exactly what Abyss had been hoping for, the chance to call uponw the powers of chaos again to slow down time itself. For Abyss, Van's charge was like a giant wall rushing forward at walking speed; leaving the daemon prince adequet time to rush forward and tear off both of the orks arms in a spray of green blood.

Van kept on running forward into Abyss's chest, crude brain not yet realizing that the ork no longer had any arms left. Annoyed at the brutes stubborness to die, Abyss kicked the ork back, shattering the armour covering the alien's chest, before unleashing a translucent flame from his mouth; covering the orks top half as the remnants hit the ground.

Abyss turned to leave the arena, but before getting further than three steps he heard something make a noise from behind him. Turning around the daemon prince saw the warboss slowly getting up, half of the flesh on the orks face having been completely melted away. With a roar as strong as the first, Van'der'snag again charged forward at Abyss; determined to bring down the daemon prince no matter what. As the distance between the two reached an arms length, Abyss sidestepped and swung out with the orks own hammer, hitting the warboss in the mid section, ripping the ork in half as both halves flew past Abyss. “Know when to die scum.” Abyss growled before finally leaving the arena.

Turn 1 priority roll:
    Abyss priority roll (1d6=1)
    Van’der’snag priority roll (1d6=4)
    Van’der’snag goes first

-Van runs forward to rocks, happily firing slugga wildly into the air at the sight of Abyss.
    -Abyss leaps forward, matching Van's happiness with an awkward smile from his altered face.

Turn 2 priority roll:
    Abyss priority roll (1d6=5)
    Van’der’snag priority roll (1d6=4)
    Abyss goes first

-Abyss again leaps forward towards Van
    -Van charges forward again, this time firing his slugga wildly in Abyss's direction (missed (1d6=2))

Turn 3 priority roll:
    Abyss priority roll (1d6=5)
    Van'der'snag priority roll (1d6=1)
    Abyss goes first

-Abyss runs forward this time, slamming both hands together in a deafening thunderclap that engulfs Van in purple and green lightning, gift of chaos test (failed (2d6=11))
    -Van runs through the lightning, ignoring his burned flesh, and barrels into Abyss.
    Bionik arm, 1 attack (hits automatically, no wound (1d6=2))
    Abyss uses close combat weapon, 4 attacks (one hit (1d6=3, 1d6=1, 1d6=2, 1d6=2), no wound (1d6=1))
    Attack grot, 3 attacks (one hit (1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=1), no wound (1d6=2))
    Van uses power klaw, 6 attacks (four hits (1d6=6, 1d6=5, 1d6=1, 1d6=5, 1d6=5, 1d6=1), four wounds (1d6=3, 1d6=2, 1d6=2, 1d6=2), one not saved (1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=6))

Turn 4 priority roll:
    Abyss priority roll (1d6=2)
    priority roll (1d6=6)
    Van goes first

-Abyss uses warptime (test passed(2d6=)
    Bionik arm, 1 attack (hit, wound (1d6=6), saved (1d6=4))
    Abyss attacks with close combat weapon, 4 attacks (two hit (1d6=2, 1d6=1, 1d6=6, 1d6=6), warptime re-roll, four hit (1d6=4, 1d6=3), two wound(1d6=6, 1d6=1, 1d6=5, 1d6=2), warptime re-roll, four wound (1d6=5, 1d6=6), three not saved (1d6=5, 1d6=3, 1d6=4, 1d6=1))

Abyss wins
    Last edited by darkreever; December 20th, 2007 at 06:23.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    470 (x8)

That was an awesome report! Oh, those orks are so funny!

Poor Ork. At least he gave it his best shot, though, still trying to kill they guy when he had no arms.

I'm so tempted to quote Monty Python now but I fear I'll get in trouble (or start and endless tirade of quotes)...
    Rabbit; Our Tau community has the talent of figuring out how to turn a feather into a timebomb. Macgyver would be jealous.
    8people; Honey, why is my fluffwars story your shopping list?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast