Tyranid vs. Blood Angels 1850 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tyranid vs. Blood Angels 1850

This is the battle report for a tournament I took part in this past weekend. I played three battles, first against Blood Angels, second against Chaos Marines, Third against a Raven Guard type marine force.

Game results:
    Tie
    Win
    Win

Here is my tournament List

HQ
    Hive Tyrant Toxin Sacs Enhanced Senses Devourer Venom Cannon Flesh Hooks Catalyst
    Hive Tyrant Toxin Sacs Enhanced Senses Devourer Devourer Implant Attack Wings Adrenal Glands Adrenal Glands Flesh Hooks Toxic Miasma Psychic Scream
    3 Guard Flesh Hooks Scything Talons
    Warriors Adrenal Glands Bio Plasma Extended Carapace Leaping Rending Claws
    Scything Talons
    Carnifex Devourer Devourer Enhanced Senses Flesh Hooks
    Carnifex Devourer Devourer Enhanced Senses Flesh Hooks
    Troops
    6 Genestealers Scuttlers Extended Carapace
    16 Gaunts Spinefists
    16 Gaunts Spinefists
    16 Gaunts Spinefists
    Fast Attack
    Ravener Scything Talons & Rending Claws Deathspitter
    Ravener Scything Talons & Rending Claws Deathspitter
    Heavy Support
    2 Zoanthropes Warp Blast Synapse Creature
    Carnifex Enhance Senses Venom Cannon Barbed Strangler Flesh Hooks

Enemy Army Blood Angels
    From What I remember He had.
    Mephiston
    10 Death Company Jump Packs
    10 Assault Marines 1 Power Fist
    10 Assault Marines 1 Power Fist
    5 Assault Marines 1 Power Fist a guy who can ignore one wound per turn within 6 inches…Apothecary?
    3 Attack Bikers Combi Bolter Multi Melta In 3 One Man Squads
    10 Tactical Marines Rhino Meltagun Power Fist
    10 Tactical Marines Rhino Meltagun Power Fist

Set Up
    The board had minimal cover, most coming from a spider web of trenches that went across the board, we treated these as 5+ cover save difficult terrain that did not block line of sight or change elevation of the units in it.
    Deployment:

The set up was cleanse. We were playing a rescue mission with the model being in the exact center of the table.

I set up with my whole army filling a corner, genestealers out front. Synapse creatures provided ample coverage for the army.
    He set up his entire army behind a small hill with rhinos acting as blockers for his assault marines that couldn’t fit behind the terrain.

1st Turn
    I used Scuttlers to push my genestealers up to cover that was in front of my army; they formed a shell of in-cover stealers around my army.

He got First Turn. He moved his rhinos up to the center of the battlefield and disgorged his tactical squads in front of them. The rhinos popped smoke. The assault marines moved up behind the rhinos so that they were mostly out of sight. The Death Company and one biker were between them. One biker swung far left while the other went right. Mephiston hung back with the 5-man assault squad.

Shooting: The two tactical squads shot the genstealers in front of them in rapid fire range, killing three. The bikes shot one Zoe and killed it with their multimeltas. The rhinos shot at the other Zoe and failed to wound.

No Assault.

Tyranid 1st Turn
    I moved the genestealers into charge range of the tactical squads and one of the bikes. The rest of my army moved forward and got into shooting positions on the tactical squads.

Shooting: The genestealers fleet moves brought them into 1 or two inches of one bike one tactical squad and one assault squad. The entire army fired on the two tactical squads, caused dozens of wounds. The shooting phase was some of the best rolling that I have ever done with tyranid guns. The Zoe and both raveners hit with their guns, which is unheard of, and almost all of my gaunts were in range. One squad lost 6 marines the other lost 2.

The second squad would prove to be immortal.

Assault Phase:
    I charged the three squads of Genestealers into their respective targets. 16 gaunts charged the first tactical squad. 16 gaunts charged the other tacticals with the genestealers. The biker was in cover and struck first, doing nothing, the Genestealers calmly removed him from his mount and shoved him up the tailpipe. Then they consolidated into the terrain 1 inch.
    The genestealers who targeted the tactical squad failed to rend and to wound and lost one more to the return attacks. The gaunts in this combat killed two marines. The marines held.
    The genestealers who charged the assault squad killed two and lost three to a powerfist and return attacks.
    The gaunts who charged the first tactical marines killed two and lost two.

Gaunts can kill marines?

2nd Turn
    The death company, unengaged assault squad and Mephiston all moved up, the bikes roved around in the back. The 5-man Apothecary squad moved just outside the terrain that the genestealers had consolidated into.

Shooting: The bikes both missed their targets, the 5-man squad shot at the genestealers in cover, killing one. The rhinos shot at the second Zoe, failed to wound.

Assault:
    The death company charged the warrior squad. The 10 man Assault Squad charged the unengaged gaunts. Mephiston charged the gaunts who were attacking the first tactical squad. The 5-man squad charged the genestealers.

The death company lost 2 to the warriors and wiped the warriors out. They moved into one of the carnifexes.
    Mephiston killed 4 gaunts but the gaunts killed the rest of the First tactical squad.
    The genestealers in cover killed 4 Assault marines leaving the sergeant with powerfist alive and lost 4 themselves. The sergeant fled and got away, the genestealer consolidated into a scout bike. The Second Tactical Squad lost none to the genestealers and one to the gaunts. The marines killed the genestealers.
    The genestealers killed one Assault marine and then died to return attacks.
    The other Assault Squad killed all gaunts in range and piled into the four remaining gaunts.

Tyranid Turn
    The raveners, walking tyrant, and Sniperfex moved into charge range of the death company. One dakkafex moved into range of the Assault squad engaged with the gaunts. The Flyrant moved around to assault Mephiston.

Shooting:
    The Zoe killed three assault marines with a low powered blast. No other Shooting

Assault:
    The walking Tyrant and guard, raveners, and one carnifex charged the death company. The dakkafex charged the assault squad engaged with the gaunts. The Flyrant charged Mephiston.
    The lone genestealer caused a wound on the biker.
    The tyrant and guard killed 3. The raveners killed 2 each. The death company attacked one carnifex and rended it 5 times. The other carnifex flubbed its attacks.
    The Flyrant ate Mephiston.
    The Carnifex and gaunts killed two Assault Marines and lost 3 wounds on the Carnie and all of the gaunts.
    The Second Tactical squad killed one gaunt.

3rd Turn
    The biker moved to get a shot at the Zoe, The rhinos tooled around. One positioned itself in front of the unengaged assault squad, which moved towards the Zoe. The sergeant of the 5 man Assault Squad rallied and moved back to charge the lone genestealer.

Shooting:
    Everyone missed or failed to wound.

Assault:
    The lone sergeant charged the genestealer.

The genestealer killed the sergeant and the biker caused no wounds.
    The last death company marines died to ravener and hive tyrant attacks. The carnifex died to assault marine attacks. The ongoing combat between the gaunts and the marines brought the gaunts down to three and the marines down to 4.

Tyranid turn:
    The tyrant and raveners moved to the assault squad that had killed the carnifex. The Flyrant moved to charge the other Assault squad. The gaunts from the mephiston combat moved into charge range of the undying tactical squad.

Shooting:
    The flyrant and the Zoe brought the Assault marines down to 4 models. The walking tyrant, Sniperfex, and raveners failed to get through the armor of the other Assault squad.

Assault: The Flyrant charged the first assault squad. The walking tyrant and raveners charged the second assault squad. The gaunts charged the tactical squad.

Both tyrant assaults killed off everyone but the sergeants. The tactical squad killed all the gaunts. The biker killed the genestealer

End of game.

Result: Draw with 130 points in my favor.

He had left on the board.
    2 sergeants from the assault squads
    2 Scout bikers
    2 rhinos
    Half a tactical squad

I had
    1 half strength Flyrant
    Walking Tyrant and 3 Guards
    2 Raveners
    1 Sniperfex
    1 Zoanthrope

It was a fun game that kept me guessing every turn. I want to post the other two games up if this one gets any kind of response. Sorry I don't have pictures.

I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome game except i would have given your flyrant warp time just for that extra survivabitlity. Your gaunts proved very effective! Never seen that before. Nice game though CC armies playing each other is a real blood bath.
    "I did my first model at the age of 7"

Wow. When I first read that I misinterpreted it. Bad.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Man what a bloddy battle out there. Poor Mephiston, feel sorry for that loser .

I actually play a similar list to the Blood Angels( change several units around) And thuis kinda gives me an idea on what to expect from the nids when they get frisky . Really fun to read.

>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice read! Great bloody battle
    So there I was...

Buying things after alcohol consumption is a very interesting way to get into the hobby!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok, glad you guys like it. I'll post up the one against chaos in a few hours.
    I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x3)

good report! it seems like shooting went a little off for the angels, while combat didn't go as planned for you. but its a very intersting army to play against a shooty tyranid list.
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...d.php?t=104497
    PM me about Aurora Prime Vassal fights! Willing and ready!

+ Reply to Thread