1250 "Crons vs. DH - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

1250 "Crons vs. DH

Necrons (me)

HQ: Deceiver
    HQ: "Wraith" Destroyer Lord
    Elt: Flayed ones x5
    Elt: Flayed ones x5
    Trp: Warriors x10
    Trp: Warriors x10
    FA: Wraiths x3
    FA: Scarabs x6

Daemonhunters (buddy) (note this is his approximate list I don't have it exact)

HQ: Brother Captain-termie armor w/storm bolter + Force weapon
    Elt: GK Terminators (2 w/ Psycannons) X5
    Trp: Stormtroopers (2 w/ plasma guns) X6 Mounted in chimera
    Trp: Stormtroppers (2 w/ plasma guns) x6 Mounted in chimera
    FA: GKs X 8
    FA: GKs x 8
    HS: Dread w/ assault cannon

I'll state everything from my perspective so nothing gets crossed up
    GKs win roll for deployment, Dread is placed behind cover to the left side. STs and Chimeras are flanking a center piece of terrain, GKs behind STs, Terminators and BC behind left squad of GKs.
    Crons Warriors deployed to center and right. Deceiver just about dead middle out of cover. Wraithwing behind terrain. Flayed ones on far left and right flanks (infiltrated) Right squad of warriors Illusioned over about 6 inches to the right.

Turn 1
    GKs also win first turn. Shift GKs up everything else stays static. Shoot down two wraiths w/ psycannons. Then hits one warrior with dread's assault cannon. Chimeras shoot D, it's not very effective.

Necrons:Lost one warrior and one wraith. Others stand.
    Right warrior squad, Scarabs, Deceiver and wraithwing advance (scarabs through cover)
    no shooting no assault

Turn 2
    GK: Shift dreadnought back. All others stand ground. Shooting sees 2 wounds on wraithlord from psycannons. Chimeras unload on deceiver, to no effect. Dread drops two warriors with assault cannon, GKs drop one with storm bolters. left side GKs blast 5 wounds out of my scarabs.

Necrons: All warriors stand.
    Deceiver, left warrior squad,scarabs, wraithwing and left flayed ones advance (FOs into terrain) Right warrior squad immobilizes dreadnought. Deceiver attempts to fear STs, nothing.

Turn 3
    GK: No movement. Psycannon volley finishes off wraithwing entirely. (mass wounds rules are STUPID) Chimeras and STs open up on Deceiver, take two wounds. Dedicated fire from dread and GKs drops four warriors, make their leadership.

Necron: Deceiver, scarabs and left warriors advance. Warriors shoot dreadnought to no effect. Big D again attempts to fear STs, nothing. Scarabs assault right stormtroopers. Win combat and STs break and run. Consolidate into chimera

Turn 4
    GK: ST squad runs off board. Chimera retreats from scarabs. Left flank of his army opens up on the deceiver sees of two wounds. Dread and GKs drop three warriors. Warriors flee

Necrons: Warrior stands.
    Deceiver Advances. Scarabs head for left GK squad. Left flayed ones advance. Deceiver charges and tears up three GKs (this was one of the happiest moments in my 40K life) Scarabs charge and get turned into robot bug gumbo. Everything in cc is fearless...

Turn 5
    GK: GKs march towards FOs. Take one with storm bolter fire. Terminators, and storm troopers shoot left flayed one squad to pieces. Chimeras focus fire one left warrior squad, drop 4.
    GKs drop deceiver, lose 7 GKs, and three Stormtroopers in the 6" blast.

Necrons: Down to a partial squad of warriors and 4 flayed ones, I forfeit.

I dunno what inspired me to ron CCrons against GKs..I can't beat that army with my shooty lists. Deceiver definately gains MVP for beating the snot out of them in CC though ^^.

Btw I've told my friend to bring Tau next time so we can have a fair match.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

790 (x8)

Good report.

Kudos for using CC necrons.

Papa K gives you icecream
    LO Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Anyone who's as loyal and motivated to doing what they love as you are is respectable in my book
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyric
    I'm taking leave of my senses and shall be out of my mind until further notice.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    103 (x5)

Nice battle report and good for you fighting a uphill battle the whole time, the loss was only really a list miss match (WOW I've never seen that happen in 40k )

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    122 (x3)

Well atleast your friend was nice and shot a lot at your deciever, if it was me i would of just focused on the crons and gone for phase out, decieve is to slow to catch anything for the most part ( also where your wraiths in cover causes it seems like they took a lot of fire before they died and if he was shooting the psycannons at them they would just go away since they only got an invuln save). But otherwise awesome report and kudos for playing your crons vs grey knights since for me atleast crons are IMO the easiest army for a good grey knight player to beat.
    - You must set fire to water or you will be extinguished.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    324 (x8)

Yeah I realized halfway through the game I shoulda used Grand Illusion to shift my Wraithwing instead of my warriors. They where DEAD in front of most of his army without much cover to use.

+ Reply to Thread