Welcome to Librarium Online!
Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!
Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!
Hey guys, yesterday i went to a tournament at thr Game Room in woodbridge mall and this is the list i bought with me:
Company captain w/ Power Weapon and Combi-melta (which did help alot)
Chaplain w/ Plasma Pistol
Scout squad *5 man squad*
Sgt. w/ power weapon
4 Death company models
Assault Squad *10 man squad*
Sgt. w/ power weapon and combat shield
2 marines with plasma pistols
Tactical squad *10 man squad*
Sgt. w/ power weapon
1 heavy bolter
Tactical Squad *10 man squad*
Sgt. w/ plasma pistol
1 plasma gun
1 heavy bolter
2 Rhino's with extra armor, pintle-mounted storm bolter and dozer blades
There was 3 rounds. 1st was Seize Ground/Dawn of War:
i was up against Dark Angels. He had 1 Hq which was a company captain, assault marines. 2 squads of tacticals 2 land speeders. 1 with assault cannon and 1 with a multi-melta. 1 bike squadron and an attack bike and 1 land raider.
Match ended in a draw with no one with objectives (there was 3)
2nd round Capture and control/pitched battles
Was up against a Tau player. he had 1 Etheral, 2 squads of fire warriors, pathfinders, 3 crisis suits. a skyray, 2 devil fishes and a unti if krootas w/ 1 krootox (Dnt knw tau much so if i miss-spell sorry lol)
Ended in a draw
So it was 0 Wins/ 2 Draws/ 0 loses
Till the last match which was a Annihilation/Spearhead... in the tourny there was 5 Tyranid players, guy I fought was using a cheesy list...Big Bugs...
like 3 Carnifexs 2 hive tyrants one with wings that shot 12 times. re-rolled if missed and re-rolled if wounds missed. and 2 units of gaunts.
He annihilated me, lol. only got 2 points for killing his 2 units of gaunts. but he wasnt a bad person, before no one mention to me about the Feel No Pain rule on my death company...not been playing them long so i wouldnt know...we both were pissed no one mentioned it to me...but anyways, so he won so i had 2 draws and 1 loss... would there be anyway for me to beat him if he uses that list again? if there is plz let me know. the tourny was a 1500 pts list. Thanks
buddy i dont know if i should cry or just slap you,if that was your army you had 1260pts at a 1500pt tourny what daaaaa??? and the army list is so weak it makes grots look like terms man.Sorry but i got to be brutal. check out some of the other blood angels players army lists will help you out a lot.
'hatred is true power' ritual master garth, the 11th
Alright then, since you haven't been playing long i won't be too harsh but Man! what are you thinking?!?? you have only one weapon meant for anti tank and its a combi weapon! i've been playing Blood Angels for 3 years so heres my tips for you.
- your scout squad has to have a goal in mind. you put assault and power weapons in the same squad with heavy weapons. if you want to keep them, take them with all snipers as you should leave the assault to the full marines. and take a missile launcher if you want more anti tank.
- as the guy said above, you don't have a full 1500 pts so i don't know where you were adding up but this is not it. so you have 240 extra points left. First off, i'd take a predator with all lascannon upgrades. This tank i've used in many games and he's always done some serious damage.
- your assault sarge has a bad combo. when you take a power weapon, you want as many attacks as possible and that combat shield is stopping you from having more than 2. It would be better to swap both for a powerfist as you can only get 2 attacks (3 on the charge) and the fist can threaten HQs, tanks, and the like.
- plasma pistols are too over priced. as you can't double tap anymore, paying 15 pts per pistol is ridiculous so take it off your assault squad, chaplain, and your tactical sarge. instead give the sarge with the power weapon a powerfist for only a little more points. as you'll probably split the combats squads with flamer and sarge in one, and heavy weapon in the other, the flamer with still allow you to assault and use the fist to its full advantage. and give the other sarge the power weapon because your plasma is rapid fire so you won't be using the power weapon as much but its for more defence.
- your death company can be improved with jump packs. this way they can follow your assault squad and support them in assault. i'd exchange your chappy with lemartes for a few more points to lead them, with his jump pack, extra wound, and death mask.
- now you have 50 pts left if you followed everything i've said. next, your rhinos have way too many upgrades. knock off dozer blades the the storm bolter because the rhinos come with one and now you have 70 pts left. you can use these points for 2 more death company and hit exactly 1500 pts.
Now my rant is over and even after all this i still don't like the list, i didn't want to completely over haul it so i modified it to the point that you'll have an actual chance in the next tourney.
Lol, its alright. I havent been able to play that much. But ik it was a crappy list but hey. Atleast i got 2 draws and only 1 lost lol.
Great to know I have a fellow Blood Angels player telling me how to improve my army but the only problem is. Ima need to order a Lemartes and have to buy a new Predator but right now im job searching so it might take a while for the predator. But Lemartes i can get a discount because 2 ppl that work at the store the Game Room can give me discount cuz we are in the Big Guns club.
u can buy a regular chaplain with a jump pack and call him lemartes that works fine
ur list does need some tweaking though
Traitors dine in heLL.