1000 point Dark Eldar vs Imperial Fists - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000 point Dark Eldar vs Imperial Fists

I hang my head in shame for the loss I walked away from last night. A general recap? Sure, why not.

I pitted my 1000 point Raider heavy Dark Eldar against the Yellow might of the Imperial Fists controlled by Pyremius, as he is known on my local Forum.

I'll not go into the lists themselves, unless you really wanna know what I had up my sleeve, or better, in the dirt for this one.

So, 1000 point Cities of death. 6 building I believe, not sure anymore, once the game got started it was off to the races. Urban assault was the Mission, with me fortifying my building and using tank traps to slow down the armor heavy Fists. Pyremius used the sniper asset and Ammo dump. And trust me, it was well worth it, as the rerolls he got to use, when he remembered worked well in his favor.

Round one started off with me going first, but at the last second, Pyremius decides to try and seize the inititive and succeeds with a roll of 6. He moved one of his razor back, the one with his lord, up the left flank, while the second moved towards the right flank. A squad of assault marines were vanguarding the razorback on the right. His dreaded dread moved up and out of a building it was hiding in. A combat squad moved up inside the building they were in to clear LoS. The second squad on the ground held strong with clean LoS to my Lord on Jetbike and Talos. His Predator moved up to try for a shot at something, with wasn't a whole lot. Shooting started and my force ducked behind what cover they could find. Though, it didn't amount to a whole lot as he only killed 2 of my warriors.

On my half of the turn, my lord Turbo-boosted to just behind the building he was defending with 5 man scout squad and combat squad. My Talos, which I just found out can infact RUN, moved up towards the Dread, an attack bike, and the defended building. Two of my troop squads climbed aboard waiting Raiders and started off towards the middle of the board, hoping to get some heavy fire laid down to support the wyches who were coming behind. Two small 5 man lance squads held a building each, and took pot shots at a the predator, only immobiling it. The other shot bounced harmlessly off something else. All other shots didn't amount to much. My talos ate his biker, and forgot what it was supposed to be doing and stalled out for a 1 inch consol.

Round 2, His left side razor back moved up more, while the right side moved and dropped a squad out. The assault squad bounded over the Razorback, putting them not but an inch or so from my Raider. The dread turned about and took up arms against my lord. Shooting, he brought down the raider near his assault squad, though it took his razorback, the combat squad within it, and the assault squad to do it. My Wych raider was brought to the ground, and intangled them for the shooting goodness the next round. My lord and the dread was going to be a mighty duel, but my lord overdosed on drugs and took a wound, but neither was able to do anything to each other. The assault marines piled in and lost a guy on charging in as my Eldar are faster. But lost 3, I think. They made their moral and pressed on.

My half of the round. The second raider had moved in an idea of taking on the left Razorback, but instead it dropped it's troops and moved to cover the wychs, or try to. The two lance squads were able to take out, what 2 marines? The Raider squad took 2 blaster shots at the Razorback and couldn't dent the light side armor. They were done for now. On to assault where my lord and the dread did nothing yet again. The raider squad against the Assault marines over came them and they must have been in shock as they only moved an inch, not far enough to get to cover from the crashed raider. They were done as well.

I was pretty sure I was done at this point. Round 3, He dropped his lord and combat squad, moved his right flank squad up a little. Nothing else moved. Lots of shooting. Both my raider squads went down without to much trouble. More of my two in the building died. My last raider crashed, but gave my wyches some cover, to which they decided wasn't enough all perished. During the assault, my lord and the dread just exchanged blows, without much happening.

My half, I took some shots at his lord squad with one lance squad, killing one. The other squad killed one as well of the right flank. My lord did nothing again.

And the Forth, he mopped up my two lance sqauds. And finally my lord did something. He overdosed again and fell dead before the dread twitching.

All in all, it was a great game, as they always are. I cannot be mad at all about this outcome, as the Fists had redeemtion in mind when facing me this time. Soon, we shall meet again, and who can say what will come to pass. I know I look forward to the tie breaker.

Pugsley

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    41 (x1)

Sweet. Eldar Lord dies from overdosing!

That was an entertaining report. I love smallish games, and I love Imperial Fists, so that's a double bonus for me. Even though you lost, I'm glad that you were able to enjoy it. We can't win them all, anyway. So hopefully you get to have a good time on a cool gameboard with an amiable opponent and well painted models! That's what this is all about, right?

Thanks again for the cool batrep.
    4 bionic bitz for Og "Da Boss" Grotstompa
    40 grots stomped
    400 boyz killed in action
    4000 light years of "Ere we go, Ere we go, Ere we Go" without a break
    $40K spent on GW

I'm a SM commander with about 20 service studs in my head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have played against the Imperial Fists three times as of this post. The first time I wasted him much as he owned me on this report. The third game pitted my Dark Eldar and Orcs against Imperial Fists and Space Wolves. We won by a good number. I really enjoy the game, so win or lose I am always happy. I just need to sit down and write out the Battle report sooner, or keep a journal during the game. Would make it much more entertaining. Thanks for the reply.

I believe we have a game scheduled this Friday, so I'll try extra hard to get a good Battle report done up for that one.

Crestfallen32

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whooaa! this was fun to read, good job. But i recomend you to post the army lists to.
    keep up the good work

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    131 (x4)

Moral of the story - "Kids... just say 'No' to drugs."

+ Reply to Thread