Librarium Online Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

3000pt Emp Children Vs. Necron&gn

1K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  Chaosbringer 
#1 ·
Well, I got to pit my skills against two Games Workshop employees today. I was in the shop when two guys came in and both wanted to play. So, I took them both on with my Extreme Pink army. They each took 1500 pts and I took 3000 pts with two force organization charts.

The armies:

Emperor's Children (Two force organizations)

Daemon Prince
- Tooled up with flight, dread axe, mutation, armor, aurra, and toughness
Chaos Lord
- Terminator armor, Lightning Claws, Mutation, bits, master crafted, strength, toughness, mark of slaa

(6) Chosen terminator champions (retinue of lord)
- terminator armor, lightining claws, mutation, strength, toughness, mark of slaa
(6) Chosen terminators
- terminator armor, 4 sonic blasters, 2 blast masters
(6) possessed
- talons, exalted champion, rhino w/extra armor

(6) daemonettes
(7) daemonettes
(7) daemonettes
(7) noise marines
- 6 sonic blasters, 1 blast master
(7) noise marines
- 6 sonic blasters, 1 blast master
(8) noise marines
- 7 sonic blasters, 1 blast master

(10) noise marine havocs
- 6 sonic blasters, 4 blast masters
(10) noise marine havocs
- 6 sonic blasters, 4 blast masters
Chaos Predator
- mutated hull, daemonic possession, lascannon sponsons, blast master
Dreadnought
- mutated hull, daemonic possession, blast master, havoc launcher

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Necrons

Lord
- resurrection orb, destroyer body, staff of light (i think)
Lord
- resurrection orb, veil of shadows (deep strike thing), staff of light
- (10) warrior retinue

(2) Tomb spiders
(3) Flayed ones
(3) Heavy destroyer things (lascanon dudes, immortals?)
(6) Destroyers (fast attack, 3 shot guys)

(20) warriors
(20) warriors

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Grey Knights

Leader
- artificier armor, power sword, plasma pistol, terminator honors
Leader
- plasma pistol, power sword, (8?) guards
(2) assassin chicks

(10) grey knights
- storm bolters, nemesis halberds, one flamer thing
(10) grey knights
- storm bolters, nemesis halberds, one flamer thing

(6) grey knight terminators
- nemesis weapons, storm bolters, flamer thing
(6) grey knight terminators
- nemesis weapons, storm bolters, flamer thing

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Terrain - We played on a 8X4 foot table, half of the table had a line of buildings bisecting the board, the other side had around 5 6X12 inch pieces of wooded terrain, including two pieces in my deployment zone.

We didn't play a scenario, just the destroy the opponent with deep strike and infiltrate rules. The grey knight player payed for orbital strike, but forgot to nominate his registered target before we started. So, he decided to leave it out of the game for fairness sake.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I ended up losing the setup role, which isn't bad for me. I like going first, because it allows me to manipulate what my opponent puts out first and where.

I placed my dreadnought right in the center of my deployment zone in some trees and facing the wooded side of the board. Since my opponents had set all there models up into squads, the necrons behind the trees and the GK's behind the buildings, I figured that's how they planned to deploy. Placing the dreadnought in the center should've made the opponent set up something across from it to take it out. It didn't work.

The necrons did, however, setup in the trees and the GK's setup behind the buildings. He left one squad of terminators in reserve to deep strike in. Those guys never made it to the fight.

I placed my CC terminators, lord, prince, and dreadnought directly in the middle of my deployment zone, to block the grey nights. I placed everything else in the trees with the widest and longest fields of fire I could. Hopefully, my blocking force would slow the GK's down long enough for me to phase out the necrons through shooting and Daemonette CC. Boy, did I underestimate my CC guys.

Turn 1:

I went first, moving my CC guys up, the dreadnought going on a rampage and moving 7 additional inches forward. My possessed charged their rhino 12" forward into a small piece of terrain. The tank shot at the tomb spiders, downing one. All my BM's shot at warriors, felling several, but only 2 died for good.

The GK's all moved forward towards the line of buildings, obviously set on meeting my blocking force head on. My opponent started talking about everything that would be able to take out the dreadnought, but I mentioned the mutated hull and he got rather somber.

The necrons didn't move much, which really gave me pause. Most of his weapons were 12", and all of mine were either 24 or 36. His lord and retinue warped up next to my right flank and a squad of havocs. Again, I questioned his sanity on this move. They shot at my squad, causing two wounds that both saved. The heavies shot at my havocs, killing two.

Turn 2:

I rolled for summoning, and all daemonette squads came in. I placed two of them between my havocs and his lord/retinue that warped up. The other, I put up in front of his first warrior squad. My CC guys all moved up, the possessed charged up another 12" and dismounted. The dreadnought blasted away at the lead assassin, doing no harm. All my shooty guys unloaded on the warriors, downing about 10 total, and most got back up. My daemonettes all charged, killing the lord and 8 of his retinue. The lord and 4 or so retinue stood back up. My other daemonettes charged the lead 10 man warrior squad, killing them all. They swept into the second squad. The possessed charged the flayed ones, killing one and taking two casualties. The flayed one got back up. My dreadnought charged the assassin, squashing her guts into the rubble and sweeping up into the grey knights. My terminators moved up a whole 2" into terrain and stopped. The daemon prince moved up behind the dreadnought.

The grey knight assassin charged into my terminator lord and went splat. Think hamster in a blendor. The lords both shot at the dreadnought, doing nothing. The immortals and destroyers all shot at the havocs, killing another. The two daemonette squads on my side of the board took out the lord/retinue to a man, preventing any WBB. The daemonettes on his side lost 2-3 to shooting as they swept forward, but managed to kill a few more warriors in CC. At the end, one daemonette remained.

Turn 3:

My dreadnought, Prince, Lord, and terminator retinue all charged into grey knights, killing all who stood in their path, losing one terminator. They all swept forward into the remaining grey knights. The daemonettes moved further up my right flank towards the immortals. The possessed managed to kill one of the flayed ones for good, but were wiped out the next round. All my shooting guys shot at the warriors across from them and the tank tried to take out the remaining spider, failing to do any harm.

The grey knights gave a desperate defense and attempted to shoot the charging chaos warriors, doing no harm. They were destroyed and captured for future trophy racks. Everyone swept into the tomb spider. The necron heavies all shot at the daemonettes killing all but 4. The flayed ones advanced on my front ranks of shooters, charging them and killing two.

Turn 4:

My regular shooter terminators moved forward to counter charge the flayed ones. The daemon prince advanced on the remaining warrior squad and lord. The terminators all moved across the board towards the remaining necrons. The dreadnought assaulted the tomb spider, and was destroyed. The daemon prince had to change his plans and kill the tomb spider, which he did next turn.

The necrons attempted to shoot some stuff, doing very little damage. The daemon prince killed the spider, sweeping forward towards the warriors.

Turn 5:

The daemon prince finally caught up with the warriors, assaulted them, killed 5, and the necrons phased out.

I was very surprised with this game. I expected more from the honored "Daemon slayers" of the imperium. Just goes to show the weakness of the imposter imperor and his lackeys. I was also surprised to not run into a C'tan or monolith. I think that was the first necron fight I've ever been in without either. Given who he was going against and the tactics that would be needed, he really had to use a monolith for success. My long range, multiple shot weapons, and deep striking daemonettes were just too much for him. His warriors mostly didn't get a chance to fire, and that really hampered his chances.

See less See more
#3 ·
In a single force organization, you're right. However, I was using two force organizations since I was going against two. And, I couldn't have made 3000 pts without doing that.

That's all you have to say about my post? A petty critical comment?

Let's talk about tactics. What should my opponent have done different? With what he had, I think he could've trashed my shooters if perhaps he would've came up the flank and concentrated fire on one squad at a time.

#4 ·
nice battle well fought i congradulate you on your victory (congradulate?) oh well lol now their is some good spelling.... anyways although they met WITH GREAT SUCCESS i personally think you should of taken less daemonettes in such a large game in small games they tend to destroy but in 3000 point battles i find they arent so much worth it... but thats just me anyways nice job and what was with that cron guy was he insane or something???? he played weird.....

#5 ·
Wow, good job there. I'd have liked to see that many points set up on the table at once!

I must say, your opponents completely misunderstood what they should have done against your army :D I don't understand the lack of long-ranged weapons they had, or why they didn't move their shorter weapons in so they could actually shoot!

Also, do you know specifically what the Grey Knight's players "Leader"s were? Because in the DH army for HQ's there are Inquisitor Lords (humans), or 2 choices that have Terminator armor. It looks like he had Inq Lords because of their weapons, but termie honors aren't in the codex, and Lords can't take a bodyguard! That plus the Orbital Strike, I'd say he was fresh off the SM-player's boat :D

Good job!

#6 ·
One of his leaders had Artificier armor, not terminator armor, a storm bolter and a power sword. The other one had a power weapon and plasma pistol and these guardian guys that were all toughness 3 and pretty much useless.

It really perplexed me about the necrons. Just goes to show how weak that army really is if it doesn't take a monolith or c'tan.

#7 ·
I agree with Megalomaniac that calling the DH HQs 'Leaders' was a bit misleading. I assume, of course, that they were Inquisitors and the 'guardians' were henchmen. The Daemonhunters player must have been a bit stupid (read: An embarassment to the Emperor, the Imperium and the Adeptus Astartes) to leave Orbital Strike out, leave his Grey Knights vulnerable, and using what I would assume are Death Cult Assassins - hardly worth their points cost.

#13 ·
Such as sad showing for the Necrons...

Well, a few things I noticed about the Necrons:

#1. The Flayed Ones had to be Wraiths instead. They come in squads of three as a max and the flayed ones come in squads of 4 as a minimum.

#2. The Warriors with the Lord was odd. Usually people take Immortals.

#3. The Necrons player had no idea what he was doing when selecting targets by the sound of it. First off, if he used his heavy destoyers on Havocs! They are for that needed DP killing. Sure you had him screened, but that could have been changed if he bothered shooting at the dread. Necrons are great at popping armor since 6s always glance.

#4. The majority of Necrons shoot 24" and rapid fire at 12". If he though otherwise than he was hurting himself a lot. A squad of warriors shooting 40 S4 shots at 12" is really mean and 20 at 24" is no joke either.

#5. The army list he was using is extremely poor for 1500 points. There is no reason for two lords or 50 warriors! It is like he was taking too few of the mid range units like Immortals an Destroyers.

#6. Did he just leave the Tomb Spyders hanging around with nothing screening them? Those should never be in an area where they can get shot.

That game that you were playing sounded like it would have been a fun one though. Since your army lists were very solid and theirs were horrible plus they followed it up with bad tactics I am glad you stomped them.

#14 ·
i wouldnt wanna verse the guys at my GW! one of them has an almost unbeatable chaos lord . . . iv'e seen pitiful attempts of people tryin to kill it but, they died horribly! it was hella funny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.