Aurora Chapter vs Eldar (500pts, pretty long) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aurora Chapter vs Eldar (500pts, pretty long)

Aurora Scout force (me, not actrully a scout force but it was a patrol mission so - eh)

Marshell Questel, power sword, storm bolter = 65pts

Brother Turo (dread), assault cannon, dread CCW = 105pts

6 tactical marines, 1 missle, seargent with ccw and bolt pistol = 100pts

6 tactical marines, 1 missle, seargent with ccw and bolt pistol = 100pts

5 assualt marines, 1 plasma pistol = 130pts

Eldar Warhost,
    farseer,fortrune, witch blade, shurrican pistol

5 banshees

5 guradians + bright lance platform with 2 crew

9 guradians + warlock, conceal + starcannon platform with 2 crew

10 kroot, 1 shaper

we were playing a patrol mission on a 3'x3' table,
    i deployed one of my tactical squads behind some rubble,
    whilst the eldar deployed the bigger guardian squad towards the edge of his deployment. (we had deployed diagonnaly)

Turn 1
    eldar: those scum sucking aliens got the first turn, advancing to a postion where my tac squad wouldnt get a cover save, the star cannon resulting in one dead marine

Aurora: with grim determination my men stood their ground and opened fire, resulting in 2 deaths.

Turn 2
    eldar: another squad of guardians appeared behind the bigger squad, as the bigger squad advanced further towards the tin canz in green armour.
    Shooting accounted for 2 more marines from the eldar heavy weapon platforms, the marines held their postion though.

Aurora: Marshell Questel appeard headying toward the rubble to help out the remenence of the tac squad, whilst the 3 remaining tac marines, shelterd into as much cover as they could

Turn 3
    eldar:a squad of sinister banshees accompinied by a farseer advanced, unknown to the space marines as they were behind cover. the guaridan squad both advanced, shooting accounting for another marine, causing the last two to flee, regrouping at the board edge

Aurora: all the space marine reinforcement appeard, the assualt squad landing right in front of the bigger guradian squad, Questel heading towards the same unit, as Turo took up a postion to fire at the banshees, the 2nd tactical squad appearing to support the assualt squad. In a massive furry of bolt shells, the big guardian squad was completely wiped out. Whilst Turo's assualt cannon shot down a banshee who had foolishly gotten in his sight.

Turn 4
    Eldar: the kroot mercanry's finally showed up (the farseer was worried he'd given them the wrong directions )advancing behind the guradian squad, the guardians advaning towards the assualt squad, after casting several runes into the air, the farseer and his bodyguard of banshees advanced with incredible speed (rolled a 6 on FOF) but just couldnt reach the enemy, the guardians now in range to deliver hell from their shurrican catapults fired in a furry of shots, 3 assualt marines were gunned down.

Aurora: the 2 remaining men from the origanal tac squad advanced with Questel towards the enemy leader and his bodyguard, Turo taking cover behind some rubble (counting as hull down), the assualt squad fired up their jum packs landing in front of the kroot, the other tac squad remaining stationary. In the shooting phase, Turo put two wounds on the enemy leader, his runes giving no protection from the might of the emperor, the rest of my men fired on the guaridan squad untill they were forced to fall back, my assualt squad not sparring a single one in a bloody cross fire. Questel and the 2 tac marines assualted the banshees and farseer, they were quick though, as Questel was wounded by a banshee and the Farseer put a fatal wound on the seargent, he was avenged however by Questel's holy sword, cutting down 3 of the body guard. The farseer and banshee began to flee, Questel and the last member of the tac squad close behind, failing to catch them however. As the assualt squad charged into the kroot in a berzerk furry managing to kill.............nothing (what the bloody hell....) leaving the kroot shaper to fight back, cutting down both members of the assualt squad, consolidating towards some jungle trees (didnt quite make it though)

at this point we rolled to see if the game went any longer, resulting in at least another turn to be played (i didnt really care though, i was in a very good winning postion, as essenshally all he had was his kroot)

Turn 5
    Eldar: the fleeing eldar leader contiued to flee (right off the board) leaving the kroot on their own, who stood their ground. In a massive anti climax of furious shooting, one of my tac marines fell.

Aurora: things were looking good as Questel and the lone member of the tac squad advanced over the small silo, Turo headed right towards the kroot, as the tac squad advanced around the woods, my men advaning into a tightning circle around the kroot. Turo opened fire with every thing he had, gunning down the kroot leader, as Questel and his lone friend shot down another 2, before charging into the strange aleins, Questel cutting down 2, as the onw return attack failed to wound, the kroot broke and began running, but I (questel) wasn't gonna let get away, running them down giving each one a singal cut through the neck.
    And with that, the battle was over.

we didnt bother rolling to see another turn (there were no eldar left) Clearly i had won by quite a large margain.
    at the end there were no eldar, whilst i still had my marshell, tac squad, dread and lone tac marine.
    All in all, a pretty good game for me! Although at the start i was abit concered about that starcannon (untill my reserves came in )

"the Eldar leader was falling back, brother Hase and myself just failing to catch them. Outraged at their cowardice, i turned my eyes toward the kroot, personly cutting down every last one of them. And with the Eldar delt with, i sent the message to the thunder hawks that the area was secure, as more and more drop pods with apothcaries came to aid the wounded and take away the dead" - Marshell Questel of the 4th company of the Aurora Chapter[/i]

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Y'know, this owuld be much easier to read if it were grammatised correctly. Especially capitals.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think you wasted them completely. Nothing more needed saying (except do proper grammer and stuff.)
    Back from a long adventure.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd run it through a spell check and re-post.

Closed Thread