2500 Nids vs. Black Templar w/pics - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    75 (x3)

2500 Nids vs. Black Templar w/pics

Pitched battle, capture and control. Nids win roll, depoly first, BT fail to seize the intiative.

8 terrain grouping, not too much game impact. Very few cover saves taken that were not because of other units giving cover. BT objective in lower ruins, Nid objective in lower corner.

Army Lists
    Marshall, retinue, PF Sarg, Apothricary, Furious charge.
    Emperors Champion--accept any challenge
    Ven Dread--AC, heavy flamer
    5 Assault terminators--4 lightning claws, 1 thunder hammer, furious charge
    5 Terminators--2 assault cannons
    16 Crusaders x3--Flamer, Power weapon, Frags
    5 Crusaders x3--lascannon (2)/Missle launcher (1); plasmagun
    vindicator x2
    preditor--TLAC, Heavy bolters

Scythed Flyrant
    Dakka Tyrant, 2 guards
    5 warriors x2--4 death spitters, 1 strangler
    10 stealers x4--half flesh hooks, half feeder tendrils
    16 spine gaunts x2
    16 Gargoyles x2
    Sniper fex x2
    CC fex

Both sides depolyed with a strike force of slightly more than half of their points near the opponents objective, and less than half defending. (dread is not in picture...I took the pic then realized I didn't place him)

Nids Advance, stun dread, immobilize vindi, apothricary saves only marine wound.

Terminators and dread shoot gargoyle squad 14 deaths, 2 lascannon wounds on snipe fex in center, 5 gaunts shot by pistols/, 2 wounds on CC fex by vindicators.

Fex immobilizes Dread, Dakka tyrant kills 2 assault terminators, Vindicator shaken, warriors shoot 6 marines who fall back, Gaunts assault crusaders and are all slain, Gargoyles assault terminators lose 12, no kills but manage to keep the assault cannons from shooting, Flyrant wrecks preditor.

Vindicator kills some stealers/wounds tyrant guard, Crusaders assault warriors and stealers-lose 5, 7 wounds to warriors, Terminators assault fex, win fight 2-1, fex dies to no retreat, other terminators clean off gargoyles.

Warriors and fex shoot 4 crusaders, Other Fex kills 3 from HQ retinue, Emperors champion is only surviving member of his squad, Flyrant assaults crusaders up top kills 3, Gaunts try to tie up terminators--unfornately they all die in assault (7 wounds, 6 no retreat deaths).

Terminators move and shoot stealers killing all ten, vindiator kills tyrant guard, Marshal assault stealers and warriors kill all but one; Emporers champion cuts him down as he tries to flee. Stealers slaughter crusaders in middle of board, Flyrant kills 3 more.

Warriors kill 2 defending marine objective, Dakka tyrant wipes assault terminators (wanted to leave one to assault), Fex destroys assault cannon on dread, Flyrant kills 5, and in the best or worst play of the game stealers asasult terminators killing 2 and losing 8 (probably should have assaulted into the objective, as the move in the worng direction would have cost them the game if it ended on turn 5, but ended up drawing the game because they made it there late, and were locked up so the BT couldn't shoot them).

Vindicator kills guard, wounds tyrant, Flyrant wipes Crusaders, and the luckiest unit of stealers ever wins the terminator fight 1-0.

Fex shoots and assault HQ retinue 4 die, as does he; Tyrant kills 4 crusaders nearing Nid objective, Vindicator stunned by other fex, warriors assault into terminators killing all, Flyrant wipes another squad clearing obejective.

BT take objective, HQs plus remaining retinue assault dakka tyrant--killing him leaving only apothricary Sargent, Marshall, and the Emperors Champion.

Roll for another turn otherwise BT win 1-0. Another turn granted, Nids move to objective, Flyrant demolishes dread. BT stand in defiance of Tyranids passing their turn.

Roll for another turn fails, and game is a draw 1-1 with both sides capturing the other objective.

Last edited by nichodemus10; March 17th, 2009 at 21:33.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Nice report. I like the turn-by-turn pics w/commentary format. Makes for easy reading, though sometimes not sure which units are which. Overall, good report and good battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

Yeah I realized that, but didn't take down good enough notes to change it. I really think I should have labeled each squad that had a like squad somewhere else. I thought it was too much work, and not very helpful to add in on the top of the board/on the bottom of the board when ever something happened; however maybe next time I will either do that or just be more clear about what action is where--especially when I am taking notes mid game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    27 (x1)

why such a naked table?
    You?! No!
    --Famous last words of Asmodean

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

75 (x3)

Because that is all of the terrain I own...How much more do you think I need?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good Report. Maybe next time more terrain and going into paint and putting arrows or symbols naming units.
    Ave Dominus Nox!

+ Reply to Thread