Tau vs Space Marines, 1500 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Tau vs Space Marines, 1500

Hey all. This is not a particularly good battle report but I tried to make it readable.

3 Crisis – plasma and missile, 2 shield drones

2 Crisis – plasma and missile
    2 Crisis – twinlinked missile

10 Fire Warriors
    10 Fire Warriors
    10 Kroot
    10 Kroot

4 Pathfinders in Devilfish

2 Broadsides – move and shoot, 2 shield drones
    2 more Broadsides – move and shoot, 2 shield drones
    Hammerhead - railgun, cover save

Chaplain - jump pack

5 Terminators
    Dreadnought - lascannon and missile

10 Marines - plasmacannon and powerfist
    10 Marines - plasmacannon and powerfist
    5 Scouts - snipers and a heavy bolter

10 Assault Marines - 2 flamers and powerfist
    Land Speeder - multimelta and heavy flamer
    Land Speeder - multimelta and heavy flamer

Whirlwind
    Whirlwind

1. He seized the initiative and sent his assault marines and land speeders towards me. The dreadnought knocked the railgun off.

1. I shot everything at the assault marines killing quite a few, also downed a land speeder and the dreadnought.

2. He wiped out the pathfinders with shooting and the fire warriors with assault.

2. I couldn't finish off the assault marines but I destroyed a whirlwind and the kroot immobilized and stunned the other.

3. The assault marines killed my command squad and the scouts started heading towards my objective.

3. I got rid of the multimelta on the other land speeder. I had been slowly killing tactical marines too, mostly with broadsides, but the kroot took out 5 with a plasmacannon by themselves.

4. The terminators finished off the kroot and the assault marines went after the broadsides. Fire Warriors ran away.

4. More dead tactical marines, there were only 4 left (two squads) on the objective.

5. Assault marines change their mind and wanted to kill the hammerhead on the objective, scouts also charged the hammerhead but failed to glance. The plasmacannon took a desperate shot at the devilfish realizing that shooting at broadsides all game wasn't very effective.

5. Devilfish tank shocked both units off the objective and captured it with kroot inside.

I roll a 1 and game ends.

I win, 1 objective to 0.

Post Combat Notes:
    • Marines have poor leadership, tank shock them.
    • Assault Marines are highly likely to get to you on their second turn. That gave me one turn to kill them, which I didn't, then a second turn to kill them after losing fire warriors, which I didn't. I should have kept the crisis further than 18" away from them but instead I rapid fired plasma, it was a tactical mistake.
    • Broadsides make life easier against marines, they struggle to kill them and most marine lists have vehicles. Even shooting broadsides at land speeders yields more reliable results than deathrains.
    • Tau have low leadership, my elite fireknives were pinned first turn by a whirlwind .
    • I have to find more interesting things to do with a weaponless hammerhead, I take gun drones on mine so I just sat it on the objective.
    • I take a lot of armor saves with my crisis suits now. 3+ save is pretty good so I pass a lot but back in 4th edition the variance was much higher, I would rarely take saves and would really rely on them passing, now it's okay if I fail them.
    • It was a very poor space marine general, he should have been shooting at the devilfish with kroot inside it every turn, instead he was shooting at my broadsides. They were nicely clumped for him, I thought that was a pretty clever distraction. I did lose both shield drones on one squad and took a wound.

Last edited by onlainari; April 2nd, 2009 at 23:11.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    355 (x8)

Good report, nice win.

Two things though, don't see the assault marines in the list, and a 9 Ld is nothing to scoff at, its better than most armies, and equal to even the big leaders in some.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    299 (x7)

Thanks I'll add the assault marines to the list.

Ah right well the surviving marines on the objective had ld8.
    Quote Originally Posted by rikimaru View Post
    You have the option for instance of infiltrating, outflanking, pillboxing, or anti assault.

And that's just with the Kroot.

+ Reply to Thread