Dark Angels Fall To The Black Templars - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

Closed Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

In this games The Dark Angels, me, were the attackers and the Black templars, him, were the defenders.

Setup
    Black templars
    3 rhinos with 3 squads of 10 marines (some neophytes)
    Land raider, carying his emperor's champion and his high marshall
    5 bikes
    1 predator anhilator

Dark angels
    3 tactical squads ( 1 plasma cannon, 2 rocket launchers)
    scout squad ( 5 men with 4 sniper riffles)
    6 deathwing terminators
    Chaplain (with jump pack)
    Assault squad (With jump packs)
    3 ravenwing land speeders (Heavy bolter, assault cannon)
    1 Whirlwind

Turn 1
    Black templars
    He starts, everything moves forward ecxept his predator, the takes a shot at my land speeders and kills one end of his turn.

Dark angels
    Move the 2 remaining speeders to engage on of the rhinos, move the chaplain and assault squad forward but keeping them out of LOS and move the plasma cannon tactical squad up.
    I shoot at 1 rhino with a rocket launcher and destroy it forcing his templars to walk the rest of the way, shoot at the other 2 rhinos and destroy their weapons. Whirlwind scaters and misses

Turn2
    Black templars
    Move forward with everything again kills a few marines from my tactical sqauds but nothing else. shoots at my ravenwing land speeders with his predator, 1 hit and would of been destroyed but i roll a 6 on my 6+ invulnerable jink move! (First time i ever saved one)

Dark Angels
    Move my speeders and my chaplain/ assault squad, Deep strike my terminators right behind his land raider and shoot at 1 of his remaining rhino and roll it cant shoot next turn, (but it didnt have any weapons to hoot in the first place so that was a waste). Shoot at the other 1 of the remaining rhinos with my speeders and destroy it on a penetrating 6 and 5 of his marines are wounded and he roll 3 1s (**insert head shaking here**), Shoot at the predator with 1 of my rocket launchers, i roll a 1 and miss. Shoot at the land raider with my other rocket launcher but needing a 6, i dont glance. Assaults, Rush the land raider with my melta bomb weilding chaplain roll a 6 to hit and penetrate but roll "it cant move or shoot next turn" (damn it <_< )

Turn3
    Black Templars
    does not move the firs squad of guys sho he can shoot my speeders with his multi-melta, moves the bikes close to 1 of my tactical squads, moves his other squad stranded at the other end of the table from the start, moves his predator so he may shoot my whirwind, and tank shocks my scouts. Realising that my scouts could be needed elsewhere, i do a last stand move and all my scouts get killed (with the sustained assault rules they will be back next round). He shoots my whirlwind and destroys it. He shoots my speeders with his multi-melta and destroys 1, wich means i have 1 left, he shoots with his hurricane bolters but fails to wound. he assaults out of the land raider with his HQ into my HQ and assault squad and chalenges my chaplain, all hits are saved nothing happens. since his 2 HQ were seperate he could still attack my assault squad with his marshal, so he does and kills 1 of them, in the counter attack i kill his marshall (Can you say *****? :blink: )
    His bikes assault into my tactical squad and loses 2 guys while i lose 1. he passes his moral check

Dark angels
    I move my last remaining land speeder to take on his 7 remaining guys on one side of the table, and i move my terminators closer to the land raider. nothing else moves. I shoot the predator with the rocket laucher again, and i roll a 1 again <_< , I shoot the last remaining rhino with my other rocket launcher and destroy it on a glancing hit so no one dies. I shoot the squad of guys with my speeder and kill 4 of them making him loose more than 25% and hi fails his moral check, so being a black templar, he rushes towards me instead of back. For assaults, I attack the land raider with 4 power fists and 1 cahin fist, can you say dead land raider? and i consolidate towards the his troops that came out of the last destroyed rhino. The Bikes and marines fight each other and nothing happens, His champion chalenges my chaplain again, so my assault squad cant fight, but i manage to infilct 1 wound on him wile does not do anything to me,

Turn 4
    Black Templars
    Moves his troops (that were stuck at the other end of the table from the first turn) toward the bike melee and he move his troops clossest to the terminators towards the terminators,( why he did that, i dont know :blink: ). he shoots all he can on the predator at my land speader and he hits with 1 las cannon but rolls "cannont move next turn". He shoots at my terminators with the 3rd squad and rolls a 1 on his plasma gun and kills himself :lol: , all my terminators make their saves. the bike assault continues, and we both loose 1 model... (man this is taking for ever). The champion challenges my chaplain again and kills him. He attemps to assault my land speeder with the 3 guys remaining from his first squad but misses.

Dark angels
    My scouts comme on this turn so they cant shoot, I move my terminators towards his third squad, My speeder coudnt move but it could shoot so i shoot at the 3 guys remaining from his 1st squad and kill them all my 2 missle launchers fire at the predator and i roll two 1s, ( <_< **Insert head shaking motion here**) I really have to stop calling them MISSle launchers, Shoot his 3rd squad with my terminators and I kill 5. The bike assault continues and we both loose 1 model so he has 1 left... (damnit&#33; when is this going to end) i assault my termies in his 3rd squad... can you say fine red mist? I obliterate tme and consolidate 3 inches toward the clossest enemy but their all on the other side of the table. so my terminators will not see any other combat all game. my assault squad assault his champion and he kills all of them except my sergent who inturn kills the champion. and so my sergent must now take a last man standing test, wich he fails with double 6s and runs away... <_< (chicken &#036;hit)

Variable turns kick in and we roll a 6 so there will be a turn 5

At this point all that is left in the game is:
    Black templar
    predator anihilator
    1 bike in assault
    1 10 man squad (about to assault the bike melee group)

Dark Angels
    1 speeder
    1 5 man tactical squad with missle launcher
    1 10 man (now 7) tactical squad in assault in the bike melee group
    1 6 man detahwing (squad too far accross the board to fight anything so they are out)
    1 10 man (now tactical squad (that is far acroos the board too but the missle launcher can hit the tank so thats all its good for)

Turn5
    Black Templars
    he moves his 2nd squad (the one that had to walk accross the board from the start) into assault range of the bike melee. He shoots my last speeder with his predator and destroys it on a penetrating 5. and he assaults into the bike melee with his 10 templars. I finnaly kill the last bike and i loose 2 guys so now in the middle there is 10 templars vs 5 dark angels.

Dark angels
    I shoot at the predator with my 2 rocket launchers and finaly destroy it&#33; YEA&#33;&#33; but this inturn rendering my 2 tactical squads usless.. DOH&#33;&#33; All that is left is the melee in the middle of the table. I inflict 1 wound witch he saves and he kill all but 1 of my marines.

Variable turns kick in and we roll a 1 so there will be no turn 6

All he had left was 1 squad of 10 templars and being the attacker in this meatgrinder mission, I failled to kill everything so I loose&#33;

This was one of the best games i played even thought i lost... it was really fun and there were some funny and interesting dice rolls

HyperX

I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

YAY&#33; [football chant] Templars&#33; Templars&#33; Templars&#33; ... [/football chant] *waves a black and white flag around and blows a whistle*

Sounds like it was a really nice battle with lots of blood and guts flying around. These are always so much better than one-sided downhill fights. One question though: What vow did the Templars take? (My money is on &#39;Accept any challenge, no matter the odds&#39;. )

EDIT: Heeeeey&#33; I have 333 posts&#33;
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

One question though: What vow did the Templars take? (My money is on &#39;Accept any challenge, no matter the odds&#39;
    Yup, you got it&#33; lol

HyperX
    I had this long signature made up, but I didnt like it...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I only have one question--in turn 4, the landspeeder was damaged; you said it couldn&#39;t move, but could shoot (and it killed 3 marines). This must&#39;ve been a mistake--if it&#39;s "shaken" it can move but not shoot, if it&#39;s "stunned" it can&#39;t move OR shoot, and if it&#39;s immobilized, then it&#39;s destroyed&#33;

You could have brought back on your whole Ravenwing squadron and possibly chewed-up that BT tac squad before they reached close combat&#33;

Anyway, I find that just about every game has a few mistakes, but they tend to average out in the end.

Great game. I just faught a meatgrinder myself this weekend (and my opponent was a DA attacker&#33. Maybe we were fighting in the same battle?

For what it&#39;s worth, my 1000 pt Crimson Fist army (mentioned in other batreps posted here--I only changed out the Razorback for a scout squad) survived 1500 pts of DA attack for 7 turns (and he got to recycle his assault squads&#33. I destroyed a Chaplain, 3 10-man assault squads, a 6-man tac squad, 4 of 5 deathwing terminators, and half of his devastator squad. All I had left was Captain Santos, Sgt Bremmer, a tac marine, and a Predator annhilator with 1 heavy bolter left. He destroyed all 3 of my bunkers, though&#33; I was slaughtered but held out against overwhelming odds for the win.
    Purge all the heretics,
    Kill the alien scum,
    Suffer not the unclean to live,
    And have a beer when you&#39;re done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Awesome battle, Black templars are the best out there no doubt. pirate
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order Of the Black Rose</span>
    <span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span>
    </span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Templars are awesome, No fear baby no fear&#33; but it sounds like a good battle

Closed Thread