Impish Guard Vs Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we decided to just do an all out war, no special rules, 1000 pts.

for the ig terrain there was basicaly nada, a single low hill and some rubble, the center field was empty and the necron side just had some ruins.

i lined up my 3rocket teams and 3 las teams on the low hill with the 80 infantry in skirmish lines 4 deep, in a clearing to the side was my demolisher tank,

directly opposite my tank was a line of 5 destroyers center were 20 warriors and a lord and opposite my hv.weps were and mass of scarabs, *I HATE SCARABS!!*

1st turn went to the necrons, his lord and warriors blinked out in a flash of light and reapeard not 18 inches from my men in a cluster on a small hill, on either flank came charging his scarabs and destroyers.
    his warrior fire ripped into my troopers killing 7 (2 actually saved....) thank god no other necrons could fire....

in my first turn my men just held their ground and opened up on his warriors, 60 of them were in range....out of 60 27 hit and 9 wounded killing 6 *FLASHLIGHTS!!*
    all of my heavy weapons opened up on his warriors killing 9 (hail to the frag rockets!&#33
    finally (as if the rockets werent big enough..) i leveled my demolisher cannon at the warriors, killing all but the lord!

just to show how annoying necrons are he wiped the smile off my face by using a res orb to bring back 14 of his warriors.. 14!

the evil warriors killed a further 8 guards man while in a spectacular barrage of 1s all of his destroyers shots (3 apiece) missed.
    as the laughter died from the faces of my men the scarabs managed (by like a millimeter) to get into hth with a sqaud of 10 argh!!
    in an absolute massacre the whole sqaud died and he consolodated into my tank!seeing that as long as he kept darting from one squad to the next i'd never kill those scarabs.

at the begining of my turn i put all my guys in a wall between the scarabs and heavy weapons i saw that the only way i could win is the 75% phase out rule.concentrating all of my fire on the warriors and the lords i maneged to finish them all of, just.
    in hand to hand i lost my tank and had a further10 troops engaged.

by some freak of luck on his turn all of his destroyers killed 3 troops each*DAMN
    HIM*
    leaving me with 30 scattered troops and my heavy weapons. to make my mood worse he con solodated into my rockets....
    i was about to give up when i calculated his point losses, hed lost (including wargear) 715 points! if i could kill 45 points of necrons id win.
    seeing as how my las guns coudnt damage his destroyers and all of his scarabs were in hand to hand i leveled my last 3 lascannons at his destroyers and let rip, the to hit rolls were:1,3 and 6, as i knew i coudnt survive another turn the whole game rested literallly on a single dice throw,as we both looked nervously at each other and gave a weak little laugh i tossed the dice.....[SIZE=14]6!!!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Phase Out is calculated by models left, not points... sorry to disappoint you...
    Si em, tow en can de lach.
    Tak! Tak! Tak ah wan, Tak a lah!
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

LO Zealot
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DOH!!
    <insert witty remark here>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He consoldiated into CC with your tank? Couldn&#39;t you have just driven your tank away?

Anyway, congrats on the win, even if phase out is by models.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

couldnt drive away....disabled and r u sure its by models.....the codex says points

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No, it&#39;s definitely models...
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Doh, guess I missed that detail about the tank.

And ya, I&#39;ve always been told/heard/thought that it was by models. That&#39;s why it&#39;s so important to focus on the wee guys, (and that&#39;s why a Necron player has to field so many wee guys).

I don&#39;t remember what codex: necrons says though, and I don&#39;t own it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its definetly models&#33;&#33;&#33; Need lots of wee guys&#33;&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Necron-Lord@Oct 22 2003, 146
    Its definetly models&#33;&#33;&#33; Need lots of wee guys&#33;&#33;
    Are *you* making fun of &#39;wee&#39; people?

:o :unsure:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Once my Deceiver w/Fashraa is done, there will be no phasing me out&#33; None&#33; But, it is always based on models, so Warriors are at risk more than anything from a player who knows his stuff.
    Tak&#33; Tak&#33; Tak ah wan, Tak a lah&#33;
    Mi tow, can de lach.
    Mi him, en tow.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast