[PICS] First fight at Dawn (Tau vs Tyranids 1000pts) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[PICS] First fight at Dawn (Tau vs Tyranids 1000pts)

It was their mission to spearhead the Third Expansion. To branch out in various directions to gather data on systems in the contested area between the Empire and the Imperium. Tales had drifted down from those who kept contact with the Air Caste speaking of the humans utter withdrawal from several systems. Some whispered yet another strange hostile force had devastated those worlds. Perhaps they lingered still...

So I had not played 40k in a long, long time. Forever you could say. I knew of a good hobby shop with the literal initials of LGS. The Louisville Game Shop. Owned and operated by a gamer. Things were a little slow on Mother`s Day, so ye olde shoppe keep agreed to use his tyranids against my meager tau.

My list Here

His list consisted of 4 different units of Gene Stealers (one of which with a Brood Lord) and a Lictor. I know they were scuttling all over the place and one unit had extra armor. I'm not that familiar with the set up of Tyranids though I can identify various units by sight.

It was Annihilation with Dawn of War. He got first set up and first turn. It was not good for me. He had 3 sets of Gene Steelers at the halfway mark on the play area. Another set and the Lictor were off table waiting their chance to pop up.

I had to set up 18" away from those freaks but I couldn't extend the distance due to table edge. Yarr. I placed out a Devilfish with 9 firewarriors inside on the left hand side, and put it`s clone over a bit on the right. Back near my table edge went the Crisis Commander. Off table on my side waiting to come on were my Hammerhead, a Helios suit, the angry frisbee drones, and my unit of stealth suits.

TURN 1
    My Crisis Commander and left flank Devilfish could only watch as vicious 'nids creeped closer. Two of them were at the halfway mark of the table cackling as they ran. Another group was far into the back, having arrived off table due to conditions of the scenario.

The Brood Lord took his retinue into some archways perhaps to have cover. Or perhaps to set them up for a second turn charge from the side. It was a Brood Lord. Even the smartest of them are little brighter than a monkey. Course a Brood Lord is as dangerous as a monkey with a chain saw. But I digress..

The first wave of the fleet footed creatures slammed into a devilfish, taking a spray of flechette before digging their terrible claws into my apc. I killed 2 of the things but the seven left rended 6 holes in the hull of the devilfish. They tore off the burst cannon and shook up the crew.

the bottom of the 1st turn, my chance to inflict some damage on those freaks before more of them collided with my line. Due to the conditions of the scenario I'd only put two troops in transports and my HQ on the table. Now my Hammerhead came hovering in beside my Crisis Commander. I scooted the Commander back 5 inches to the tank hoping between the two of them they might wreak some havoc on the 'nids. My right hand Devilfish did some off camera work flittering around the side and disembarking the two Drones. My left hand Devilfish was practically worthless, so out came the 9 fire warriors. I felt they would be a good speed bump against Brood Lord and his boys.

Shooting! Submunition! Ion blasts! First the Hammerhead fired upon the vile creatures that nailed the devilfish earlier. A nice fat circle of death aimed dead center of the gene stealers.. that killed a mere 2. Then the Leader, Mr Crisis solver himself opened up with his fusion and the CIB. Six shots fired at 7 'nids.. and no more went down. Twas not looking good.

The fire Warriors took aim at the retinue and rapid fired. Eighteen shots into that vile group killing 5 of the creatures. But it seemed to only anger the Brood Lord who spit barking curses and made rude gestures.

The Tau forces were doomed as turn 2 commenced. (to be continued tomorrow after I get some sleep)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    78 (x1)

Can't wait to read the rest

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)