2K Daemons vs... Pokemon? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

2K Daemons vs... Pokemon?

Deep from within his Crystal Labyrinth, Tzeentch wasn't content with the typical manipulation of of Imperium of Man, ripped a hole of the fabric of reality opening a hole into another dimension. Sending his heralds and other minions through into the new universe, they find themselves... in the a world full of strange creatures unknown to Tzeentch, called Pokémon.

Well my first BatRep. My Daemons vs. Prince Aranos and the New Guard in a 2000 point battle. On Vassal so no awesome Pokémon painted models. We played Orkville, the two buildings were Impassable and block LoS, Crates were cover if behind, not on top and the rest of the remains we treated as ruins (IE. 4+ cover, difficult and area terrain so that you get the save from standing in it). Roads are still roads.

Lists

Mine
    HQ
    Keeper of Secrets
    + Unholy Strength
    + Soporific Musk
    + Instrument
    Herald of Tzeentch
    + Chariot of Tzeentch
    + Master of Sorcery
    + Bolt of Tzeentch
    + We are Legion
    Herald of Tzeentch
    + Chariot of Tzeentch
    + Master of Sorcery
    + Bolt of Tzeentch
    + We are Legion

Elite
    5 Fiends
    + Unholy Strength
    5 Fiends
    + Unholy Strength
    3 Flamers

Troop
    8 Pink Horrors
    + The Changling
    + Bolt of Tzeentch
    8 Pink Horrors
    + Bolt of Tzeentch
    7 Plaguebearers
    7 Plaguebearers
    9 Bloodletters
    9 Bloodletters

Heavy
    Soul Grinder
    + Phlegm
    Soul Grinder
    + Phlegm

Prince Aranos
    HQ
    Ash Ketchum, Commander - 50
    Astro - 30
    MoO - 30
    MoF - 30
    PW - 10
    4 x Meltaguns - 40
    Chimera - 55
    Machamp (Nork Dedogg) - 110
    Sabrina, Psychic Mistress (Primaris Psyker) - 70

Elites
    Saffron City Psychics - 110
    Chimera - 55
    Saffron City Psychics - 110
    Chimera - 55
    Koga (Marbo) - 65

Troops
    Pewter Gym's Elites (Veterans w/ 3 x Meltaguns) - 100
    Cerulean Gym's Elites (Veterans w/ 3 x Meltaguns) - 100
    Vermillion Gym's Elites (Veterans w/ 3 x Meltaguns) - 100
    Giovanni's Penals - 80

Fast Attack
    Vendetta Gunship "Moltres" - 130
    Vendetta Gunship "Articuno" - 130
    Vendetta Gunship "Zapdos" - 130

Heavy Support
    Griffon Siege Mortars "Nidoking" and "Nidoqueen" - 150
    Griffon Siege Mortars "Hitomnlee" and "Hitomnchan" - 150
    Collosus Siege Mortar "Gyarados" - 130

The game was Seize Ground deployed in table quarters. All 3 objectives were in the 3 groups of ruins. I won the roll off and elected to go 2nd

Orkvile Map with Objectives http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n...rkvilleMap.png

”Guys, what is that?”

“I don’t know Ash”

“What ever it is the Pokémon here don’t like it”

The people of this humble reality feel the impending doom and terror seeping out of the holes connected to the Warp. But Ash Ketchum and his friends are here to save the day! The Warp Rift was felt across the region and many prominent Gym Leaders sent all the support they could to fight the discourse. The disturbance even brought near by Pokémon into the fray, including the legendary Zapados, Moltres and Articuno. The daemons were going to be met with powerful retaliation

Pokémon Deployment and Turn 1

Picking the bottom left quarter of the map without the objective in it, he hid behind the impassable buildings with Griffons and Collosus in the back. Barely fit all of his tanks in the confined space. Vets were riding in the Vendettas which made their scout move, while Sabrina tagged along with a Psycher squad in a Chimera. Koga with Giovanni's Penals and were going to Outflank.

The Legendary Birds, with the Gym vets of the same type, go Flat-Out and spread out to keep watch over the objectives but stay at the table edges. Sabrina and her psychics cruise up the road to get into a good position. The other Psychics’ Chimera moves into the top left ruins to sit on an objective and everyone pops smoke. Nothing else to do so turn over

Daemons Turn 1

Picking my 5 Tzeentch units and 2 Soul Grinders for my preferred wave, Tzeentch decided that he would be the harbinger (rolled a 3). Deep strike found a Herald and the Horrors without a Changling to have mishapped both of which were only delayed and the Flamers scatters out of Breath range into ruins in the corner.

The lone Herald and both Grinders shot at Sabrina but only stun it and destroy its Multi-Laser. Horrors attempt to at Zapados both the Bolt of Tzeentch but it missed. Flamers try and run into a poison to be able to do something in the next shooting phase.

The Pokémon trainers stood their ground to fend off the Daemons

“What are those things?”

“I don’t misty, and I hope we never have to find out”

Tzeentch's servants entered spraying warp and sorcery but proved to be near worthless against this strange dimension as Tzeentch's ever-reaching hand failed to lead his magic into the mere mortals and creatures. Perhaps the power of the Warp does not reach out this far

Pokémon Turn 2

Koga and the flunkies of Team Rocket come in ready to eradicate the unfortunate flamers. Articuno drops off Misty and here Gym Trainers to deal with the Herald of Tzeentch while Zapados drops off Surge and Moltres drops the Pewter Gym Trainers to destroy the 2 Soul Grinders. Sabrina and the Psychics jump from the Chimera and Sabrina leaves to kill the Herald. Koga moves into the Ruins

Misty's barrage of Water Guns was only able to inflict 2 wounds on Tzeentch's Chariot, but Sabrina's Arc of Lightning crackled an amazing 10 shots of which 8 wounded. The Chariot's amazing 4+ invulnerable save was only able to stop 2 of them and he dissolved back into the Warp.

The Trainers from Pewter, accompanied by Moltres attacked the Soul Grinder but were only able to immobilize the demonic engine, but Surge and Zapados Faired much better by doing the same thing and destroying the walker's Mawcannon despite the Changling's Glamour.

Horrors were hit with a barrage of boulders, poisoned horns and a lone Hydro Pump, and were completely eradicated, having only passed 25% of their 4+ saves.

Into combat! Team Rocket charged into the ruins to fight the lone Flamers. Flamers got the jump and burned 2 to death, but the flunkies were only able to kill 1 in return and fled but the Flamers were quick enough...

...and Team Rocket were blasting off again.

Daemons Turn 2

Despite the interference that Ash Ketchum and his Pokémon team caused (yay -1 to reserves) both units of Fiends and a unit of Bloodletters. One unit of Fiends landed in the ruins that Zapados had protected while The other Fiends lands ready to hunt down Koga and the Bloodletters land by Zapados in a vein attempt to chase down Surge and his crew

Flamers fired Warp Fire into Sabrina, but her powers of the mind deflected all but one shot and took a wound. The Mawless Grinder fired into her lone unit of psychics killing 3, the other grinder hocked his phlegm at their vehicle but didn't know his own strength and landed on the Psychics killing 3 more but they held their ground

The people and Pokémon of Pallet Town were ready for the incursion, and were able to fend off the first assault from the treacherous warp as tzeentch proved to be no match for Pokémon.

Back in the Warp, Knowledge of the battle on Pewter City became known to the other Gods of Chaos, and such an opportunity could not be passed up. Khorne and Slaanesh rush to send their forces into the fray to find new blood for the Blood God and more "toys" for Slaanesh

Pokémon Turn 3

With new daemons arriving, everyone opted to return to their vehicles/Legendary for protection, leaving Sabrina and Koga to defend against the daemons. Zapadoes returned to protect the objective and Articuno move up to support the damaged Psychics in the Chimera.

Sabrina fires a Lightning Arc at the newly arrived Fiends killing 2 of them. Koga fleets towards the flamers.

The 2 Psychics hidding in their chimera attempt to Soulstorm the other Fiends but fail the test, while the full Psychic squad does the same thing and succeeds only to miss, while their Chimera fires its Multi-Laser and only inflicts 1 wound upon these 2W creatures. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan countinue their barrage on these fiends inflicting 3 wounds resulting in 2 Fiends returning to the Warp.

Moltres and Zapados fire their Flamethrowers and Thunderbolts (IE TL Lascannons) into their respective Soul Grinders, both losing one more weapons (leading only 1 Grinder to have 1 Harvestor and none of them to have Mawcannons)

Gyrados and the Master of Ordinance (didn't name him as a Pokémon ), Gyrados miss completely but the Master hits and kills 2 of the 8 he hit

Koga makes his charge into the Flamers but they were no match for his awesome ninja skills and were removed from this reality.

Daemons Turn 3

Despite the Masters of the Fleet apparent control on an unknown force of unreality, 5 of the remaining 6 Daemons come in to my opponent’s dismay leaving only 1 on the 2 Plaguebearer units to wait idly in the warp

All of my Deep Strikes go well. Ablardedeyo the Keeper of Secrets lands by Moltres at the top of the map to ready its demise. Herald lands by Articuno behind the 2 man Psycher's Chimera to kaboom it. Bloodletters land on the Objective by Sabrina in the Ruins. Plaguebearers land behind the full Psychics squad's Chimera by the objective they're on top of. And Pink Horrors land by the useless Soul Grinder in the right side of the map to try and hunt Zapados.

The 3 fiends left at the top ready to destroy the 2 Psychics' Chimera while the other Fiends set up to charge Koga. Already existing letters move into the ruins to capture the objective since they can't hunt Zapados.

Herald of Tzeentch used Bolt of Tzeentch on Sabrina's Chimera, but it missed.
    Herald of Tzeentch used Demonic Gaze on Sabrina. It's not very effective
    Pink Horrors used Warp Fire on Sabrina. It's Super Effective. Sabrina Feinted

Assault time! Fiends go to make their charge on Sabrina's Chimera, at first causing Chimera's SP ATK to go down with 4 shakens, but the Unholy Fiend wrecks it. The 2 Psychics tumble out unharmed

The other fiends make their charge into the ruins to use their Rending Claws on the ninja Koga. His crazy ninja skills inflict 3 wounds but the Unholy Fiend's S6 Rending Claw has a Critical Hit and causes Instant Death.

Despite the lack of daemons on the field, the newer bringers of chaos seem much more resilient to the Pokémon's attacks and continued to barrel down onto the Gym Leaders and the Legendary Pokémon.

More and more rips appeared in the fabric of space. With Nurgle finally entering the combat, more and more of the wretched never born monsters pour into this plane of existence including one Slaanesh’s favorite Keeper of Secrets named Ablardedeyo. Even the powerful Sabrina and skillful Koga couldn’t handle the intense warp entities and perished

Pokémon Turn 4

Zapados with Surge’s crew flew to give the newly arrived Ablardedeyo a shocking surprise, while the rest of the army remained stationary as they had plenty on their plate to deal with. Zapados and Articuno fired their Twin Linked Lascannons at the Keeper of Secrets inflicting 3 wounds upon it.

With the 2 Psychic’s forced out of Sabrina’s wrecked Chimera, they fire Soul Storm at the unit of horrors but failed in to inflict any wounds at only 2 Strength. Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan hurl their huge boulders into resulting in them returning to Tzeentch’s domain. Nidoqueen and Nidoking fling their poison horns into the freshly arrived Bloodletters in the center of middle ruin wounding 6 and killing 5 leaving 3 Bloodletters

Leaving the rest of the shooting to take down the freshly arrived Plaguebearers. After Moltres’s Lascannons, Full squad of Psychics’ Soul Storm and Ash’s squad shooting out of the Rhino, only 1 Plaguebearer remained standing.

Daemons Turn 4

Only the Plaguebearers remained in the rift to the Warp but this turn it was going to stay that way. Not much moved either, Unit of fiends at the top moved to kill Moltres and the 3 Bloodletters left in the center moved to kill the remaining 2 Psychics.

Tzeentch’s Herald on Chariot Fires both of its guns at the back of the Articuno. While the Gaze had no effect the Bolt scored a glance but rolling a 6 for damage and being AP1 results in the Legendary Bird die and collapsing the ground and Misty’s squad fall of the lifeless Pokémon unpinned but shoot at with the Soul Grinder’s Harvestor killing 3 but they stand their ground

After Fiends make their fleet moves I go to the assault phase where the 3 Bloodletters make their charge on the 2 Psychics, the top unit of Fiends charge Moltres and the Keeper of Secrets charged Zapados.

Bloodletters easily devoured the 2 Psychics in combat

The Fiends scored an amazing 3 glances and 1 penetrating hit removing all of its Lascannons before exploding! Brook and his squad suffered an amazing 8 casualties when they crashed to the ground leaving Brook and a single Meltagun fleeing from the Fiends towards Ash’s command.

The Keeper had 7 attacks to hit the cruising speed Zapados. 1 Hit, which easily was a penetrating hit, and again resulted in an Explosion. All 6 of Surge’s lasguns died as they fell from the sky but they held their ground

The trainers and Pokémon were doing all they could to stop the warp entities from destroy their home. At first it looked like they were going to hold them off as the daemons seemed to dissolve back almost as easily as they came…

But in the midst of the battle the Three Legendary Birds were killed. Articuno was able to guide Misty down safely to the ground but the other 2 birds were killed in mid flight and many of their riders were killed when they crashed into the ground even. Brook decided it important to retreat towards safer fortifications while Surge stood his ground to return the favor to Ablardedeyo

A horrific tragedy that can only get worse from here…

Pokémon Turn 5

With the Fiends close by, Brook continued his retreat until he saw Ash, who like a Five Star General, gave a valiant speech which return Brooks courage to face the malicious threat (IE Get Back in the Fight command) and continues to inspire his own squad to destroy the lone servant of Grandfather Nurgle (Fire on My Target Command). While the remaining Psychics moving in position to destroy the Fiends that killed Moltres

Ash’s 4 Melta Guns fire at the single Plaguebearer and obviously killed it.

Brook proceeded to return fire on the Fiends with a vengeance but could get a bullet through their heart as they hid in the ruins that he had just ran through. The Psychics created a Soul Storm over the Fiends but the Warp energies forced the storm off course missing them completely.

Surge’s unit returned fire on the Keeper removing its last wound, sending Ablardedeyo to its demise. Misty’s squad fired all of its Water Guns into the burning rage that is 3 Bloodletters but the shooting left 1 of Khorne’s executioners intact.

All of the remaining tanks fired at the Bloodletter squad threatening Surge’s Squad and the objective next to them. Unfortunately only Gyarados was able to hit the Bloodletters but only 2 of them died leaving 4 to finish off Surge.

Daemons Turn 5

Papa Nurgle’s last Plaguebearer unit finally makes their way through the rift to this dimension. They land a solid hit on the middle objective in the ruins, next to the rotting corpses of Psychics and Sabrina. The Lone Bloodletter plans to seek revenge on Misty for shooting at them. Fiends continue to pursue Brook and the 4 Bloodletters make their move into the ruins to eviscerate Surge to claim the objective.

The Herald of Tzeentch fire its Bolt at Hitmonchan and Demonic Gaze upon Misty. Misty only took 1 casualty but Hitmochan exploded from the intense bolt of warp energy. Fiends make their fleet towards Brook.

Charges were to be made! Both Bloodletters make their successfully make their charge into the both Gym Leaders’ unit. The 4 Bloodletters easily devoured the blood of Surge, allowing them to capture another objective. The Lone Bloodletter killed 2 on the charge but despite 4 remaining trainer none of them could inflict a wound against his Toughness of 4 and attempt to flee but are captured and their blood give to his master.

Fiends make their charge into Brook easily destroying both with Rending Claws and thus destroying the last Trainers who could capture objective. Prince Aranos can only hope for a tied game by killing the rest of my Bloodletters and my newly arrived Plaguebearer unit. I currently have 2 objectives captured so the game ending now gives the Daemons victory of the Pokémon of Pallet Town

A 4 is rolled and we continue to turn 6 how ever after firing ordinance barrages at the Plaguebearers unit who went to ground in the ruins for 3+ cover and failing to wound a single one he conceded has he wouldn't be able to remove them from the objective.

A Victory for the Daemons!!!

”BROCK!!! MISTY!!! NOOOOOOOO!!!”

Ash cried out but it was too late. He could hear the dying screams of his best friends has they were mangled and beheaded by the Daemons.

He had failed to stop the threat and destruction of his home. Not even the assistance of Team Rocket, Gym Leaders, powerful Pokémon and even the Three Legendary Bird Pokémon could stop Chaos from destroying Pallet

But it will not end here. This is just the beginning. More and more holes will appear connecting the Warp to the rest of the Kanto region, and onto the Johto, Hoenn and Sinnoh regions. Soon the world of Pokémon will be destroyed by an never ending incursion of the immaterial daemons.

A world left only for the toying of the Chaos Gods

My Thoughts: Great game. I walked into this having no clue I was going to play Imperial Guard, much less one themed as Pokémon. Very exciting, since I haven’t had a real win against the new Guard.

I was quite worried though with my poor luck at the start of my turn my shooting did almost nil, followed by almost my entire first wave being annihilated by the Guards shooting.

I played the game essentially ignoring the Griffons and Collosus as they weren’t going to impede on the objectives and wasn’t a viable option to do anyways. The Vendettas were a serious threat since they can quickly fly around out of my units range and capture/contest the objective on the last turns. But I had the great fortune to get the explosion results on 2 of the Vendetta on Slaanesh’s first assault upon them which also killed most of the Vets aboard and turned the game around in my favor letting me easily capture objectives leaving only his stationary tanks and no troops to capture an objective it got me a victory. But the game was surely intense and we both enjoyed it very much

It felt like I was writing some fanfic making this BatRep

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Great report. The narrative interwoven with the actual batrep made it interesting. Being unfamiliar with Pokemon, I did have a little trouble remembering who was what (i.e. Koga who?), and found myself several times looking up the list again. Otherwise, the style is pretty good.

Tyranid Warrior Fanatic Phalanx's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    146 (x7)

Great battle rep. Daemons vs Pokemon... Lol. Did the d00d actually use some sort of pokemon model sprites or did he just use normal imperial guard?

Also, to take pics in Vassal just use screen caps.
    40K armies: Tyranids (2001), Space Wolves (2008), Sisters of Battle (2011)
    Current Rep: 1337

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

He used normal IG sprits =(

The only reason i don't have pics is that i didn't think to batrep it (I don't know why i didn't think it though ) I did post the map with objectives after all

I could recreate the battle though , if i knew where he got the sprites for the vendettas
    Last edited by CrownAxe; May 19th, 2009 at 22:55.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aw you whacked Sabrina, my favourite gym-leader.

That sounds like an awesome theme for an army, even though I'm not much for the franchise myself (anymore, I should add ).

Oh yeah, the battle sounded cool too.

+ Reply to Thread