Eldar - Necron League game 2000pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    168 (x4)

Eldar - Necron League game 2000pts

Niraco
    Farseer singing spear doom
    rangers 5 pathfinders
    Guardians 10 missile platform
    Dire avengers 7 exarch bladestorm
    wave serpent twin missile launcher spirit stone
    Guardians 10 storm guardians warlock singing spear embolden
    swooping hawks 5 exarch skyleap sunrifle
    warp spider 5 exarch spineret rifle
    howling banshees 9 exarch executioner war shout acrobatic
    wave serpent twin missile launcher spirit stone
    striking scorpions 9 exarch stalker shadowstrike scorpion claw
    dark reapers 4 exarch tempest crack shot
    fire prism x2

Ivan
    Warriors 10 x2
    Lord veil orb
    Destroyer 5 x2
    Heavy destroyer 3
    Monolith x2
    Immortals 9

Dawn Of War Deployment, 2 forests on sides 3 hills and 3 smaller buildings

Turn 1 - Ivan

The lord moves with veil in the front of pathfinders. Despite night fightning rules i lose 4 pathfinders and 2 wounds on Avatar

Turn 1 - Niraco

I get all units except scorps which will outflank. A serpent will tankshock the warriors on the hill near one of the objectives but the warriors pass the Ld test. The lord and his warriors take a full shooting and get charged by banshee and storm guardians. Warriors get wiped and lord dies in sweeping advance. Some hill warriors and 1 destroyer dies from my shooting but they will be back

Turn 2 - Ivan

A good turn for Ivan. The monolith destroy with a particle whip the hill serpent, banshees and the farseer die from shooting (imortals and warriors and destroyers). The dead destroyer get back only with a monolith teleport (stubborn little bastard)

Turn 2 - Niraco

My scorpions get in but they are 2" short of charging the destroyers, I charge the monolith for the extra move. My big shooting phase kill 9 hillwarriors and 5 imortals .... i fail to wipe any of the squads-grrrrr.

Turn 3 - Ivan

With monolith teleports all warriors and 4 of 5 imortals gets back. My scorps are shot by necrons, their monther and their dogs. I lose 3 of them on shooting (i saved here a lot) and i get charged by imortals. I win combat by 1 but he passed Ld test. Avatar is only 1 wound now and dark reapers fail a ld test and run away from table.

Turn 3 - Niraco

Storm Guardians gets into avenger serpent and go towards the left upper building home of an objective. Avengers reposition themselves (no shooting for them after the last turn bladestorm). hawks charged the monolith and unfortunately also the warriors. Spiders after shooting charge the warriors to suport the hawks. In shooting the prisms imobilize the monolith and the haks give him 2 weapons destroyed results with their grenades. warrior combat is equal as i fail 2 hawks saves. at scorp combat i again win by 1 but the imortals stays. Avatar kill 2 destroyers in cc and 1 in shooting phase (this will be back) but they pass ld test

Turn 4 - Ivan

The destroyers gets teleported to monolith and gets 1 back. rest of shooting kills my avatar, 3 or 4 defender guardians (i had gone to ground on the west dwn hill so i got a 4+ cover (we decided hills are 5+ cover save)

I lose by 1 the warrior combat and i fail both of my ld tests. Lucky both are over 50% and can regroup. I win the scorp combat by 1 and imortals fail ld test i sweep them and consolidate toward the west forest and heavy destroyers. the south destroyers charge the guardians but i lose only 2 and stay in combat.

Turn 4 - Niraco

Yje big round. I shoot with all i got into the last warriors and wipe them. The scorps charge the heavy destroyers and wipe them so the numbers are under 10 now for necrons. Phase Out

I think i got lucky with some events other i would not win so easily. At the end of Ivan turn 2 was grim for me

Hight elf and Craftworld Eldar army project pics heavy: linky

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

I would really like to hear opinions about tactical errors mine and my oponent so i can improve in this area.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    34 (x1)

Well, as far as your opponent is concerned, his main tactical error was the lack of models in his army, in 2000 points only having 40ish necrons is just asking to be phased out. I'm not sure if you guys did this or not but by the rulebook his phase out is calculated after trying his "We'll Be Back" rolls.

I thought your tactics were okay, I was a little confused at certain points during the report, like when you said you were 2" too far to charge the destroyer so you charged the monolith instead. You are supposed to declare what you are charging then measure to it, if you are out of range you don't get to move at all. Also when you said that your hawks "unfortuntaly" charged his warriors, if you assaulted his monolith then thats what you assaulted, you don't have to get into combat with the warriors. The models taht couldn't make it to the monolith could've just packed in behind your other guys.

Sending the hawks after the monolith was a good idea. Your prisms should've been blasting away with their focused shot at the warriors/immortals every turn, as they can't get WBB if they're killed by Strength 8 or higher weapons. Those two tanks alone could have made him phase out by turn 5. If anything I'd say your strategy should've been to keep the prisms alive at all costs and just try to shoot them every turn you can at his 3+ save units. Then the rest of your army could kill what they can.

I think your opponents army is waaaaay too small to be a serious threat, all in all good job and congrats on the win!
    Army: W/L/D -- Eldar 6/2/2; Orks 1/3/0; BA 1/1/0

The Tale of Two Gamers

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

The biggest mistake is for Ivan's Necron Lord + squad to veil into your deployment zone to wipe out your pathfinders. Doesn't he know next turn that your entire army would be coming in?!? Necrons are not great in cc, especially when you have striking scorpions and howling banshees. He should castle up his NL with both squads near him so that they can take advantage of his res orb.

Also, as cheart said, his model count in a 2K game is way low. He only needed 1 Mono as you don't have much (besides the swoopin hawks) that could do anything to his mono. He should have gotten more troops instead, or maybe even another Lord.

I don't know if the scale of the map and the placement of the troops are to scale, but it doesn't look as if your Wave Serpent would be able to reach his warrior 1 to tank shock them (they look as if they're over 24" away).

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

168 (x4)

Thanks for feedback.

I measured by eye that the destroyers were too far away and after i declared i go for the monolith and i moved the scorps i saw i was right.

Yes the phase out is after the we`ll be back but he had at the end of turn 4 3 models to get back and another 5 on the table = maximum 8 and his limit was 10 so he conceeded.

My prisms shot every turn linked shots except one turn when one of them was shaken where i shot a focused s9 shot. I tried to wipe squads instead of goin for no we`ll be back. I failed that in turn 2 on the warriors on the hill because i had split my fire unwisely

Unfortunately this program i use is not really ok (is not having turn splits for movement/shooting/assaults and all measurments is manually) and i do not have the patience to do the measurments one by one by hand. On the table the necron warriors on the hill were like 20-21" from my table edge as he deployed them on the middle line between deployments zone and in his first turn he moved a litlle foward to stay around the objective.

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I hope if they remake Necrons they make Monoliths 0-1 or something. Not even because they're a headache, but just because 99% of Necron players expect it to win every game, when loading up on Warriors keeps you in the game and actually let's you win. I've never seen a model be the moral anchor of someones list as much as a Monolith.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    39 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I hope if they remake Necrons they make Monoliths 0-1 or something. Not even because they're a headache, but just because 99% of Necron players expect it to win every game, when loading up on Warriors keeps you in the game and actually let's you win. I've never seen a model be the moral anchor of someones list as much as a Monolith.
    I hope they do not limit them as they are the only necron "tank" vehicle and they are the necron power symbol. If they do they would need to rebalanced our heavy weapons as mono's are our only ordnance.

+ Reply to Thread