1850 Tau vs. Nurgle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

1850 Tau vs. Nurgle

this was a real nailbiter and one of my peronal favorite games ive ever played. now i wasnt able to get pics so try to use ur imagination srry .

My list:
    HQ:
    Shas'o commander -A.F.L, plasma rifle, hard-wired and multi-tracker, sheild generator, bonding knife, stim. injector.
    Bodyguards- PR, MP, everything shas'o has other than stims and bonding knife.
    Elites:
    1x 3 man stealth team- team leader with bonding knife and gun drone.
    1x 2 man crisis suit team- one team leader with bonding knife, PR, MP, hard-wired target lock and multi-tracker. other has same stuff other than bonding knife.
    Troops:
    4x 12 man fire warrior squads all with photon grenades and shas'uis who have bonding knives.
    Fast Attack:
    1x 8 man pathfinder squad with 2 rail rifles and shas'ui with bonding knife and gun drone
    devilfish- multi-tracker, smart missiles, and disruption pod
    Heavy Support:
    Hammerhead- railgun, disruption pod, multi-tracker, smart missiles
    Hammerhead- ion cannon, multi-tracker, disruption pod, burst cannons
    1x 2 man team with team leader with bonding knife and sheild drone

His list:

HQ:
    Deamon Prince- warptime, winged, mark of nurgle
    Typhos- with watever typhos has (we didnt go into that to much)
    Elites:
    none
    Troops:
    1x 7 man squad of plague marines w/ 2 plasma, and champ with power weapon, icon and rhino
    1x 7 man squad of plagues w/ 2 flamers, and champ with power weapon and icon, and rhino
    1x 7 man squad of plagues w/ 2 meltas, and champ with power fist and icon, and rhino
    1x 7 man squad of plagues w/ 2 flamers and champ with power weapon, and rhino
    Fast Attack:
    none
    Heavy Support:
    2x 2 man squads of obliterators
    1x defiler- twin-linked heavy flamer, 3 close combat weapons

The mission was annihalation and i got first turn, he failed to seize.

Turn 1:
    turn 1 didnt offer much action as he placed his rhinos either in cover or out of LOS. my pathfinders infiltrated. my fire warrior gunline opened up on 2 of the rhinos i could see and immobilised one and stunned the other which unfortunetely made his cover save. my railhead fired at the defiler destryoing its battle cannon, my broadsides couldnt see it and fired at the stunned rhino, missing both shots. my shas'o and retinue jumped over a rock fired at the defiler and did nothing then jmped back. my pathfinders missed all markerlights and failed to glance the stunned rhino.
    He came back with no shooting but speeding everything he could forward, running his defiler 3 inches and flying his deamon prince behind the rhino i failed to stun.

Turn 2:
    things really picked up this turn, with both of my reserves coming in, my stealths behind the defiler, and my crisis suits next to the 2 rhinos i couldnt see last turn. once again i shoed the rhinos with plasma fire and wrecked the first rhino and finally sunning the other one. my stealths were able to knock off the twin-linked heay flamer off the defiler firing on its back armor, my shas'o taking off 2 more close combat weapons before finally my railhead wrecked it. my other crisis suits immobilised one rhino, and thats it for my 2nd turn
    he rolled for Typhos and his 2 obliterator squads. both obliterator squads came o but Typhos stayed off (phew). he used his icons to position them behind tress and the other in range of a fire warrior squad. this time his deamon prince flew strait over the rhino well within assault range of my pathfinders. the working rhino near my crisis suits fired the squads meltas at them, but thankfuly i saved my sheild generator saves. the plagues in the immobilised rhino disembarked and fled into the trees. the obliterators fired plasma cannons on my fire warriors killing 3. his deamon prince assulted my pathfinders and pretty much walked right through them, but by some miracle they did a wound! he consalidated 5 inches into cover.

Turn 3:
    my stealth team moved into range of the plagues in the trees, my crisis suits moved where they were just in rapid fire range, and my shas'o moved in on the same position to lend some extra firepower. my fire warriors opened up on the obliterator squad that was conveniently placed in wide open area, kiling one and wounding the other. my crisis suits fired on the melta rhino again and immobilised it. my shas'o was out of LOS, and the railhead fired at the other obliterator squad in the trees and killed one. my stealths killed 2 plagues in the trees, and fell back with their jet packs.
    Typhos once again failed to come on. the deamon prince unharmed by the fire of one squad flew towards another, and the wounded obliterator moved closer to my ion cannon trying to get in melta range. the plagues from the 2 rhinos near my crisis suits disembarked and trained their guns on them. the wounded obliterator fired but missed with the multi-melta, and the other one fired into another fire warrior squad and killed 1. the plagues near my stealths killed the drone and one guy. all 14 plagues near the crisis suits opened fire with everything but either missed or i saved. then the deamon prince assaulted the fire warriors and once again walked all over them, and the plagues assaulted my suits and killed them with the power weapon. the plagues consalidated closer to my shas'o into some trees and the deamon prince couldnt get back to cover.

Turn 4:
    first off i moved my shas'o away from the plagues and used my devilfish to block LOS. my stealths flew further back from the plagues shooting at them. i moved my ion cannon in LOS of his deamon prince. I then fired on and killed the last obliterators in both squads, and 3 more plagues in the trees. my railhead finished off the husk of the rhino that was still there, and my shas'o fired and missed the last working rhino. i killed his deamon prince hitting all of my ion cannon shots and he failed all invuls.
    Once more and for the heartbreaking last time Typhos failed to come in, and he threw the die clear across the room (who could blame him). his plagues in the trees moved further very slowly and the ones trailing the stealths were just out of range after moving. his last rhino moved the squad inside closer to my fire warriors remaining on the builing. he flamed my fire warriors on the building killing 2 and one more with the twin-linked bolter on the rhino. he assaulted the devilfish put in front of them and destroyed it using krak grenades.

Turn 5:
    it was basically clean up until Typhos automatically came on his turn. my shas'o moved into rapid fire range of the last moving rhino, and my ion cannon moved more to get in LOS of it. 2 fire warrior squads fired at the plagues in the trees and killed one (dam feel no pain!). my stealths moved further and killed one more plague. most every thing else shot at the rhino which i wrecked and then fired at the 7 men inside, killing 3. the assault move brought little other than jumping further from the plagues tailing my stealths.
    finally Typhos came in from the icon next to the stealths. the plagues in the trees continued to move slowly, and werent in range of anything once again. the plagues that just got out of the wrecked rhino killed 3 more fire warriors in the building with flamers and bolters. Typhos used wind of chaos to finish the stealths.

Turn 6:
    he wasnt very enthusiastic about now having Typhos barely getting cover from my railguns. my shas'o moved back to its starting position in the gunline away from their pursuers. my ion cannon moved closer to Typhos and the plagues near him. i fired 22 more fire warriors at the plagues pursuing my shas'o and killed another. my ion cannon finished the plague squad near Typhos and my railguns opened up on him. he made 2 of the 3 covers he needed and Typhos fell. he then immediatly wanted to call the game.

fun game overall, but his dice just werent with him this game.

Last edited by Blasterdude3; August 19th, 2009 at 07:07.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    35 (x1)

Sounded Like an awesome battle. Turn 3 was particularly exciting. When your buddy fired with 14 Plauge marines and did nothing he must have really thrown his arms in the air.

All in all I must say that it's good to hear someone playing Tau and not using just suits to win. Good game.
    " Are you gonna bark all day little doggy,
    or are you gonna bite? "

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Cool report, a bit hard to read just cause of turns not being split and grammar. Tell him he's a cool guy for not running Dual Lash Princes. Gratz to you for running an Ion Cannon as well, not many of those kicking around.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sacred Numbers

Tell your friend he's a cool guy for using his Plague Marines in groups of seven! I still do that just for theme sake.
    Strange things lurk in the deep places of the world. - Check out my Blog

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

thnx guys, and the reason he doesnt take lash is because he just despiises most cheesiness in chaos, yet he continues pwn around the entire area!
    2nd, ty excess, i take an ion cannon to counter his deamon prince, being heavy 3 S7 AP3 in my opinion its the perfect prince pounder.
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After reading this report I realized I actually watched this game, good report and indeed his dice were not with him.

+ Reply to Thread