Librarium Online Forums banner

Eldar vs Space Marines 1000 Narrative!

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  EmoJosh 
#1 ·
This was a 1000pt battle, with myself playing as a splinter force of the Void Dragon pirates- the Void Kraken Corsairs. My opponent was playing a Salamanders army (no Vulkan!)

Game Type: Annihilation
Deployment: Pitched Battle

Salamanders: (off memory)
-Master of Forge w/ Conversion beamer
-Ironclad Dreadnought
-10x Devastators (2x Plasma Cannon, 2x Heavy Bolter)
-Two 10 man Tac squads, one with MM and meltagun, the other with a flamer and a MM
-2x Rhinos (for the Tactical Squads)

Void Kraken Corsairs:
-10x Dire Avengers (+Exarch) in a Wave Serpent
-5x Fire Dragons in a Wave Serpent
-Jetbike Doomseer w/ 6 Guardian Jetbikes (2x Shruiken Cannon)
-2x Fire Prisms
-2x Outflanking War Walkers w/ 2x Shruiken Cannon

The aged Doomseer looked out warily across the battlefield. Much time had passed since his corsairs had feasted upon the souls of these armored Marines. For good reason: there was always easier, lesser prey. But today the Void Kraken Corsairs were here to purge these filthy mon-keigh from their meaningless existence. Without so much as a twitch under his armored mask, he mounted his jetbike and organized his pirates.

An old auspex began clicking on the Master of Forge's arm. He knew for days about pirate activity in this region. He ordered an armored sweep from the Rhinos and took up a defensive position with the Devastators. It was time to teach these filty xenos a lesson.

--Gamewise:
Salamanders set up first, placing two Rhinos with Marines on board on one flank. The Devastators set up on the other edge of the board in a small ruin, with the Master of the Forge joining them. The Ironclad set up in the middle of his deployment zone behind some terrain.

Eldar set up on the Devastator side, with Fire Prisms bordering the board edge, Wave Serpents up front and Jetbikes in between. Farseer has joined the Jetbikes.

The Marines opened fire first, and guided by the Master of the Forge realized that the looming Fire Prisms could very well be their undoing. Aimed, practiced plasma cannons bombarded a Fire Prism, crippling its large Prism Cannon. Satisfied, the senior Techmarine ordered the Ironclad to begin its headlong charge into the Eldar armada, trusting that its blessed armor would protect it from return fire. Wary of Eldar tricks, the Master of the Forge commanded his flanking Rhinos to charge full speed to join the fight on the other side of the field.

Recognizing that the crippled Fire Prism was of no use, the Doomseer recognized that the greatest weapon the large tank now had was itself. He commanded it to move into a good position where it could later use its powerful armor and high speed to smash into the primitive Imperial tanks. Using his own Wave Serpents as cover, the Eldar forced themselves up the Space Marine flank, the bloodthristy pirates leering at the Dreadnought, which they knew would never catch them. The Wave Serpents, and the remaining Prism began wreaking havoc on the fortified Devastators, killing three.

The Master of the Forge barely glanced as the Space Marines fell around him. He took careful aim with his conversion beamer, and with a bright FLASH, he knew that he had struck the jetbikes. The techmarine cursed as the tough armor of the jetbikes had caused no casualties. He ordered the plasma cannons to fire into the hole he created, which caused the quick destruction of two Jetbikes. The Rhinos continued chugging along the battlefield, though the Sergeant of Rhino Alpha made destroying the wounded Fire Prism a priority and ordered his squad to fire their melta weaponry at it. While it didn't crash, he saw with a hint of satisfaction that the scum inside were too rattled to go anywhere soon. The Ironclad Dreadnough rushed forward at a Wave Serpent, only to find that he was nowhere in range to charge and was sitting out in the open.

Incensed that the trash mon-keigh dared to fire at him, the Doomseer focussed all his hatred into twisting the tendrils of fate. The Devastators would be purged. He had forsseen it. A sleek Wave Serpent dropped its payload of Fire Dragons right behind the Dreadnought. An instant later and the behomoth war machine was toppled, the pyromaniacs giggling and dancing. The other Wave Serpent surged forward, dropping its Dire Avengers into distance of teh remaining Devastators. Under the Exarch's command, the squad emptied their entire clips of shruiken at the power armored men, killing many, but not all of them.

The Master of the Forge breathed in sharply. He had not expected the enemy so close, especially so fast. The Devastators opened fire on the Dire Avengers, slaughtering over half of the unit. A unit of Scouts hidden in the outreaches of the battle sprung into the fight, assaulting into the guardian Jetbikes, coordinating with a unit of Space Marines, who leapt out of the speeding Rhino and commenced bolter fire and the Jetbikes. They were shocked to see no damage to the Jetbikes. The Sergeant of the Rhino Alpha swore as both his Meltagun marine and Multimelta Marine failed to destroy the tank. With the patience that only a century of battle could bring, he decided to give them one more change before destroying the gakking tank himself.

The Doomseer was utterly silent as his glowing witchblade slaughtered the scouts by the pair. The wounded Dire Avengers and Fire Dragons climbed aboard their Wave Serpents and knowing the limitless fury of their leader if he realized that they had failed in killing the Devastators, the Serpents redoubled their efforts firing their cannons. When all was still again, there was no one left standing. The remaining Fire Prism took careful aim at the Space Marines and killed four with his deadly laser beam.

For the first time, the Space Marines felt the weight of loss, their leader and brethern having fallen. Taken aback by the close combat prowess of the Doomseer and Jetbikes, they remounted into their Rhino and surged forward to meet the less-armored adversaries. By feth, they would take some down with them. The other sergeant finally smiled, relieved as his melta marines did their job and clambered down from the Rhino's firing hatch, having destroyed the pirate Fire Prism. As the Doomseer slaughtered yet another Scout, the unit broke and ran from the victorious Guardian Jetbikes.

Rather than pursue, the Jetbikes blasted forward to the Marine Rhino and stopped right outside the Rhino's side door. With a psychic message, the Doomseer commanded a Wave Serpent to jam the other door, with the Dire Avengers disembarking to surround the front of the rhino. The wild Fire Dragons stepped up right to the door of the tank, blasting it to smithereens. With no where to exit, the Space Marines roasted in their Rhino. Not a one survived. Stealthy War Walkers emerged from the Space Marine flank, high powered Shruiken Cannons destroying the one remaining Rhino, even killing a marine in the process.

The remaining Marines needed only a moment to know what needed to be done. With a deep battlecry, the Marines charged forward, bolt pistols punishing the overextended Fire Dragons. Pushing their tactical advantage, the Marines cut the unit down.

The Doomseer looked up for a moment. With a glare, he manipulated the very fabric of space and time, dooming the remaining marines. With a psychic signal, the Fire Prism, Dire Avengers, Jetbikes, Wave Serpents, and War Walkers began bombarding the remaining Space Marines. With only three left, the Doomseer led the assault, taking the head off of the meltagun-wielding marine and slicing the multi-melta marine clean in half.

Conclusion
The lone remaining sergeant dropped to his knees, defiance in his eyes. He was already priming his chainsword to disembowl the Doomseer when he got closer. The moment never came. The Sergeant found himself locked in a psychic cage, frozen within his own body. The Jetbike mounted lord looked him over and concentrated for a moment.
"This one will not suffice." the Lord's gutteral voice said. "Go on, filthy cur. Tell the other playthings that we are coming."

-Eldar Victory 7KP (2x Rhinos, 1x Tac. Squad, 1x Scout Squad, 1x Devastator, 1x HQ, 1x Dreadnought) to 2KP (Fire Dragons, Fire Prism)

Hope you enjoyed it! It was a great game with a great guy that I hope to fight again! He really wasn't rolling well with his to-hit rolls. Damn power-armor is hard to crack!

-Dark

See less See more
#2 ·
Cool report, may I offer some write up advice? First off try and get a firm list, it a non tournament game it's usually easy as you aren't as time pressed. Also, if you're going to do narrative and in game, use italics or bold on one or the other, fixes block of text syndrome.

Your list was way better than his, especially for such low points. Good win, I'm sure some of the Eldar lovers will drop by and give you a slap on the back. :]

Reactions: darkspawn327
#3 ·
Thank you, and rep for the advice! It's my first battle report and I figured a narrative would be interesting.

And yeah the Salamanders player finished up saying, "Damn, I really need to work on this list." Unfortunately he seems married to his BEAUTIFUL master of forge conversion, so we'll see how that goes :p

Thanks again for reading!

-Dark

#4 ·
If he wants help with his list, there's plenty of people who'd give him some advice. Nothing wrong with MotF though, one of my favorite SM units.

#5 ·
Oh no doubt. I have a pretty large Space Marines army (granted, I usually play Ultramarines), but any time I play a Master of the Forge, he's on a bike. Also, a 1000pt game is on a 4x4 table and his conversion beamer isn't working to its full potential. Not to mention Vulkan is a little difficult to fit in 1000.

However, I may direct him to the good fellows here at LO to check out his list. Pretty much this forum is one of the best I've seen to sound, honest, intelligent criticism. I wish I could rep the whole website :p

All in all, it was a good game. I found my Jetbike Doomseer out of range with Doom for much of the first two turns though. I would like to find the points to cut to perhaps give him Guide or Fortune, but I don't know where yet.

-Dark

#6 ·
I always play on a standard sized table, even for small games. Smaller boards can kind of unbalance the game based on what's used, but not every shop has the space for 4x6.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.