1500pts Grey Knights vs Orks w/Nobz - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

1500pts Grey Knights vs Orks w/Nobz

1500pts

My list:

GREY KNIGHTS

HQ
    Grandmaster - Holocaust, Icon, Psycannon
    5x Grey Knight Terminator retinue - Psycannon

TROOP
    8x Grey Knights #1 - 2x Incinerators
    8x Grey Knights #2 - 2x Incinerators

HEAVY
    Grey Knight Land Raider - Extra Armor, Smokes
    Grey Knight Land Raider - Extra Armor, Smokes

ORKS
    (This is going from memory. Don't know every single upgrade he has)

HQ
    Warboss - Cybork Body (C, Power Klaws (PK)
    Big Mekk - Shock Attak Gun (SAG)

ELITE
    10x Burna Boyz - trukk
    6 Nobz - bikes, Painboy, Waagh Banner, 2 PK's, CB

TROOP
    10x Nobz - Painboy, Waagh Banner, 4 PK's, CB, trukk
    30x Ard Boyz - PK (Warboss here)
    20x Shoota Boyz - PK
    10x Gretchins - PK (Big Mekk here)

FAST ATTACK
    10x Stormboyz - PK

PRE-GAME
    Great. 10 Nobz and 6 Nob bikers. This'll be fun. Good thing he didn't put his warboss with his nobz. Well I will show him the error of his ways.

There wasn't a lot of terrain, which is good for him. Terrain only gets in his way.

Annihilation. Pitched battle. He went 1st and deployed his 2 trukks in the middle, the warboss+ard boyz to their right and nob bikers, shootas and stormboyz to their left. He puts his Big Mekk+gretchins in the far right corner into cover.

I deploy my 2 LR's in the middle of the table with my GM+termies in between them. I figured his nob bikers would reach me in at most 2 turns. Might as well let them reach me ahead of his entire army. This way I just have to deal with them first instead of with his entire army simultaneously.

I seized the initiative.

GK 1
    My 2 LR's fire at his bikers but he makes all 4 cover saves. My GM+ret takes down his trukk full of nobz with their psycannons.

GK: 1, Orks: 0

Ork 1
    He moves everything forwards and turbo-boosts his nob bikers. He rolls a 9 for his Shokk Attack Gun (SAG) and scores a direct hit on my GM's unit, hitting 5 and wiping out 4 terminators. Oh sh*t, I thought...but then I remember about my Shrouding. I told him to roll to to see if his BM sees me - he rolls and fails! Woohooo...my GKT's come back from the dead.

GK 2
    I move both LR's 6" as well as my GM. My LR's fire and only take down 1 biker. My GM takes down the other Trukk (with the Burnas).

GK: 2, Orks: 0

Ork 2
    He moves everything forwards. HE opts to fire his SAG at my LR instead of testig for Shrouding and rolls 5 for its strength...can't hurt my LR. His stormboyz will be in assault range next turn, while his bikers, now 5-man, assaults my right LR, wrecking it.

GK: 2, Orks: 1

GK 3
    I move both my lone LR (7") and my HQ towards his warboss+ard boyz and then disembark my GK's to a good flamer range. My other disembarked knights move to within flamer range of his nob bikerz. Between incinerators, psycannons and stormbolters, my shooting is devastating and destroys more than half of his Ard boyz as well as take out 3 bikers. Incinerators...you just got to love them...no armor save (AP4), no cover save and no invulns either. My assault takes out the rest of his Ard boyz, his warboss and his nob bikers while only losing 2 regular Grey Knights from squad #2 along the way.

GK: 5, Orks: 1

Ork 3
    He shoots at my LR with his SAG. The blast scatters and manages to kill 3 GK's from squad #1 + 1 GKT. His burna boyz gets within flamer range and shoots at my GK's. He thought he could fire them all, but I corrected him as the models in the back would hit his own models in doing so (temp and blast markers cannot touch ANY friendly models) and he does no damage. His stormboyz shoot and assault my GK #2 (the ones who wiped out his nob bikers), getting wiped out in the process but not before they take down another 2 knights.

GK: 6, Orks: 1

GK 4
    I embark my GM+retinue into my LR and move my LR and GK #2 towards his nobs. GK #1 moves towards his burnas and roast them alive. GK #2 takes off 6 wounds from the nobz with their incinerators + stormbolters. They then charge and kill 1 while putting another 2 wounds on the nobs. In retaliation, the nobs wipe out the squad to just my justicar (sergeant).

GK: 7, Orks: 1

Ork 4
    He fires his SAG at my LR and ends up killing another knight from GK #1. His shootas fire at GK #1 (only about half were in range) and does nothing. His nobs wipe out my last GK but not before I put another wound on them.

GK: 7, Orks: 2

GK 5
    I decided that I've had enough of his SAG. I disembark my GM, move my LR towards my GK's and embark them onto it. My GM+retinue shoots and assaults the nobs. I then whiff my attacks, killing only 3 while losing 4 (including my GM to a Power Klaw). Only 1 GKT remain locked in combat.

GK: 7, Orks: 3

Ork 5
    He fires his SAG at my LR but does nothing. His shootas charge into melee with the nobz and lone GKT. He kills another nob before dying. We roll and the game continues.

GK: 7, Orks: 4

GK 6
    I'm determined to wipe off the smile on the Mek all snug and comfy in his little corner taking pop-shots at my knights. I sprint 12" while firing my TL-Heavy Bolters, killing only 1 gretchin.

Ork 6
    He fires his SAG again at my LR but once again does nothing. He finally declares his Waaghh and fleets his orks. Only his shootas could reach my LR, but needing 6's to hit, he hits a lot of hot air. We roll and there will be a final turn.

GK 7
    I finally reach his Big Mekk and disembark my knights to within flamer range. I incinerate all his little gretchins as well as put 1 wound on him. My LR's TL-HB finishes him off (though I would've assaulted if it hadn't killed him).

Ork
    His shootas barely reach me with his assault, and once again can't even hit it.

VICTORY TO THE EMPEROR'S FINEST - GK:9, Orks: 4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Man no love for the GKs win I guess. I knew how the game would end as soon as I saw Orks, plus his list was just dreadful. Cool report, easy to read.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

flamers inside landraiders and nothing but the SAG to try and crack them early. Still good job of stopping the trukks and stringing the orks out so they hit in waves instead of one overwhelming swarm.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    71 (x1)

No offense, but I saw your list and just thought MAN HE IS GOING TO GET SWAMPED!

Well played, sir! Like a true Daemon Hunter. By my count, a grand total of 22 Grey Knights against 100 Orks. Not exactly the Ork list I would have played (at all) but awesome!

I can pretty much see those Land Raiders just running all over him

-Dark

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x2)

exciting and might i add one-sided battle report for the orks. I love the effectiveness of the incinerators in this game (gotta love the smell of burning ork in the morning!) im trying to figure wat was left on both sides to draw up an accurate conclusion of wat wouldev happened had there been more turns.......im gonna guess that the GK wouldev had some clean up to do overall
    There are three kinds of people in this world, those who can count and those who cannot.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by nakaruru View Post
    flamers inside landraiders and nothing but the SAG to try and crack them early. Still good job of stopping the trukks and stringing the orks out so they hit in waves instead of one overwhelming swarm.
    That's the strategy. Take them out piecemeal. It's suicide to go against them full force. First I let his bikers reach me while shooting down his trukks so that they have no support. It's just his bikers against my full force then. Next I isolate his forces, moving and eliminating 1 unit at a time while the rest of his army chases after me. Too bad he wrecked my LR early. Otherwise, it might've been an even more lopsided victory.

Quote Originally Posted by darkspawn327 View Post
    No offense, but I saw your list and just thought MAN HE IS GOING TO GET SWAMPED!

Well played, sir! Like a true Daemon Hunter. By my count, a grand total of 22 Grey Knights against 100 Orks. Not exactly the Ork list I would have played (at all) but awesome!

I can pretty much see those Land Raiders just running all over him

-Dark
    When you're playing the Grey Knights, you're almost always out-numbered, so you really have to use some good strategy. The use of Land Raiders helps a lot as I can usually dictate where and when an assault takes place. It also helped that he didn't have any ranged AT to deal with my LR's.

Quote Originally Posted by Blasterdude3 View Post
    exciting and might i add one-sided battle report for the orks. I love the effectiveness of the incinerators in this game (gotta love the smell of burning ork in the morning!) im trying to figure wat was left on both sides to draw up an accurate conclusion of wat wouldev happened had there been more turns.......im gonna guess that the GK wouldev had some clean up to do overall
    I had 1 LR and a 4-man GK unit remaining. He had about 5 nobs remaining (of which most only had 1 wound left) and his shoota boyz. It was very close, but I think I would've tabled him if the game had gone on. Each turn move my LR 6+" so it is hit on 6's only and fire a TLLC at his nob, slowing dwindly down their numbers. I would maneuver so that I could flame his shoota boyz and wipe them out (by tank shocking them to line them up nicely for my incinerators), and as soon as I've dealt with them, I would've dealt with the nobs in a similar fashion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    That's the strategy. Take them out piecemeal. It's suicide to go against them full force. First I let his bikers reach me while shooting down his trukks so that they have no support. It's just his bikers against my full force then. Next I isolate his forces, moving and eliminating 1 unit at a time while the rest of his army chases after me. Too bad he wrecked my LR early. Otherwise, it might've been an even more lopsided victory.
    Totally agree and why I complimented you on it. I do how ever feel bad for the ork player facing the LRs. He was forced to charge if he wanted to try to kill them, knowing that the units inside would gut him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I play orks and i plan on starting to run some demon hunters so i know both sides fairly well,
    When i saw your lists I was first of course miffed by the ork list, cant see that one working well ever.
    must say i var also sceptical of your list, i mean 2 landraiders, still i havent played as, or aginst DH so i diden't realise how tough they really are.

But as you point out you are able to chose your targets and that always makes a huge differance.

Also i take's a warboss to declare Warrgh, and he seems to be long dead by the time it is declared.

Easy to read and understand report
    "We's da best at drive into shooting"
    Wazzog warboss of the piledrivers

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You don't need a Warboss to declare a Waagh, it's just part of the army. Also, Land Raiders are not that tough against most armies, just against Orks and Tyranids.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I usually run 2 squads of nobz in trukks, one with a big mek and KFF attached.

They usually manage to get at least one trukk across the table and into H2H with the biggest thing on the table - if the enemy has put two land raiders next to each other I usually assault both with the single squad of nobz that have made it across. My squads have 4 power klaws in them so 2 powerklaws on each landraider gives a good chance of doing some damage (4 strength 9 attacks each on the charge) especially if they've sat still.

Otherwise AV14 gives heartburn to orks - really not much that can deal with them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast