[PICS] Tyranids vs Tau - Oct 9th 2009 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

[PICS] Tyranids vs Tau - Oct 9th 2009

Tyranid Army List

HQ: Hive Tyrant (1#, 208 Pts)
    1 Hive Tyrant @ 208 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Implant Attack; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Lash Whip & Bonesword; Venom Cannon; Synapse Creature; The Horror

Troops: Ripper Swarm (43#, 989 Pts)
    8 Ripper Swarm @ 184 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Leaping; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Spinefists

8 Ripper Swarm @ 184 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Leaping; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Spinefists

9 Ripper Swarm @ 207 Pts

9 Ripper Swarm @ 207 Pts

9 Ripper Swarm @ 207 Pts

Fast Attack: Ravener (3#, 120 Pts)
    3 Ravener @ 120 Pts
    Rending Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

Heavy Support: Carnifex (3#, 683 Pts)
    1 Carnifex @ 235 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Spine Banks; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Tusked; Crushing Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

1 Carnifex @ 235 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Spine Banks; Tail Weapon - Scythe; Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Tusked; Crushing Claws; Scything Talons (x1)

1 Carnifex @ 213 Pts
    Adrenal Glands +1 In; Adrenal Glands +1 WS; Bonded Exoskeleton; Enhanced Senses +1 BS; Extended Carapace +1 Save; Reinforced Chitin; Spine Banks; Tail Weapon - Mace; Toxic Miasma; Toxin Sacs +1 St; Tusked; Scything Talons (x2)

Total Roster Cost: 2000

Tau Army List
    HQ: Commander Shas'el (1#, 117 Pts)
    1 Commander Shas'el @ 117 Pts
    Airbursting Fragmentation Projector; Fusion Blaster; Iridium Armour; Stimulant Injector; Multi-Tracker

Elite: Crisis Battlesuit (12#, 571 Pts)
    5 Stealthsuits @ 190 Pts
    Add Team Leader; Burst Cannon (x5)
    1 Team Leader
    Bonding Knife; Burst Cannon

3 Crisis Battlesuit @ 186 Pts
    Missile Pod; Plasma Rifle; Multi-Tracker

3 Crisis Battlesuit @ 195 Pts
    Twin Linked Plasma Rifle; Targeting Array

Troops: Fire Warrior (65#, 635 Pts)
    10 Kroot Carnivore Squad @ 155 Pts
    Add Kroot Shaper; Add Kroot Hounds; Kroot Rifle (x10)
    1 Kroot Shaper
    Pulse Carbine; Shaper Upgrade
    6 Kroot Hounds @ [36] Pts

12 Fire Warrior @ 120 Pts
    Pulse Rifle (x12)

Pulse Rifle (x12)

Pulse Rifle (x12)

Pulse Rifle (x12)

Fast Attack: Pathfinder (9#, 172 Pts)
    5 Pathfinder @ 172 Pts
    Add Shas'ui; Markerlight (x5); Pulse Carbine (x5)
    1 Shas'ui
    Bonding Knife; Markerlight; Pulse Carbine
    1 Devilfish @ [85] Pts
    Burst Cannon; Gun Drones; Marker Beacon; Disruption Pod; Landing Gear
    2 Gun Drones
    Twin Linked Pulse Carbines

Heavy Support: Hammerhead Gunship (3#, 505 Pts)
    1 Hammerhead Gunship @ 170 Pts
    Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Disruption Pod; Flechette Discharger; Landing Gear; Target Lock

1 Sky Ray Missile Defence Gunship @ 165 Pts
    Turret Mounted Seeker Missles; Target Lock; Two Networked Markerlights; Two Burst Cannons; Disruption Pod; Flechette Discharger; Landing Gear; Multi-Tracker; Targeting Array

1 Hammerhead Gunship @ 170 Pts
    Railgun; Two Burst Cannons; Targeting Array; Disruption Pod; Flechette Discharger; Landing Gear; Target Lock

Total Roster Cost: 2000

WINNER:TYRANIDS

Note: Ripper Swarms CAN do it too! just be careful with those S6+ blasts! They hurt like a .....

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
    3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    344 (x8)

Well won, although im stunned by the, and dont take this the wrong way, but awful upgrades on the rippers, i think theyre far far too expensive, and some are just pointless, like spinefists and the BS upgrade.

Also did your opponent conceed? beacuse otherwise im fairly sure you didnt win the game unfortunatly. Ripper swarms are unable to claim objectives and i dont think you tabled him because theres a skyray thats just imobilized, keeping him in the game.

however he has as good as lost, so well done and congrats on winning with a very different list.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Thanks for the battle report! It's good when people sacrifice their time to post them.

Wow. Well done not being tabled in that game with Tyranids on a board without cover!
    Just one question, though: has the Tau player ever heard of the mystical "movement phase"? There's no reason his fast skimmers need to get assaulted at the least...

And I fear Heirodule is correct: since ripper swarms can't hold objectives ("mindless" special rule, page 41 of Codex: Tyranids) the game unfortunately should have been a draw instead of a victory, from what I gather from the pictures. (Ripper swarms are "holding" the Tyranids' objective and nothing is near the Tau one, correct?)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

You guys misunderstood a bit

The Skyray was immobilised during MY assault phase. I indicated 'immobilized' to explain why the skyray was still there on the Tau turn.

Rules are that if you are still in base contact with a vehicle, you get to hit it again for free during their turn. Which is what happens when you assault an immobilised vehicle or a stunned vehicle and they remain there in the same position.

That pretty much was the end of the sky ray being immobilized meant that during the tau turn my carnifex got auto hits on it and well...i'll give you 3 guesses at what happens to a sky ray that gets auto-hit by a carnifex with 4 attacks.

The problem was the stealth suits whick lost combat and then rolled a 1 to escape while the ripper swarm rolled a 5 and swept them. Meaning I managed to annihilate everything at the last moment.

And no offense taken on the Ripper upgrades, i've played enough games to know that all those upgrades are well worth it. Having 24 and 27 twin-linked S4 shots is nothing to sneeze at couple that with a 12" assault range which equals their shooting range and this meant i was killing things very effectively as you saw.

+BS and Spinefist definetly a great upgrade for rippers.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

These battle reports always amaze me. The pics are really good, well done reporting but the lists are just....what? It didn't look like the Tau ever moved, how the hell are vehicles and suits being assaulted?

Some of these guy could use.....assistance. Keep up the reporting though, I really do like the pics.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

344 (x8)

You make a good case on the ripper upgrades, i persoanlly like them cheap, toxins and leaping will do fine, but if works then roll with it.

Also well pointed out, ive never seen that rule before, i simply assumed you disengaged and then re-ingaged next turn. On which note, i hereby congratulate you on your win, and give you rep for pointing that out. thanks very much.
    Your friendly neighbourhood gargantuan creature

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Wow...all I can say is...you would not be able to win with your list on anything short of Kill Points or tabling your opponent. And then you manage to table him...congrats on a job well done. Not as easy a feat with all those plasmas and railguns, but then again, doesn't seem like your opponent was the best Tau general I've seen either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

Yeah agreed, he's my most common opponent and he does defeat me every once in a while but i agree that mobile tau perform better at being more annoying to kill. Hands down, having to chase tau vehicles is plain bothersome.

And i was surprised myself that i managed to table him, luck was on my side on that one. Didn't think that last ripper swarm could do it. And the carnifex would never catch up to those stealth suits if they keep running away.

To my opponent's credit however, i've never lost to any other tau player besides him and i've played against plenty in different parts of NY.

IMO Tau overall have too many weaknesses against any army that doesn't feel like engaging in a stand off shoot out against them.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Tau vehicles have a very awesome upgrade which I just found out about recently when I played a Tau veteran. No, I'm not talking about Disruption Pods, which are great but everyone already knows about that. I'm talking about Multi-trackers. One of their best kept secrets. Move 12" and still be able to fire his hammerhead's railguns?!? Just think what he could do to the poor carnies who would have problems catching them and when they do, they're hitting on 6's. Plain nasty.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Tau vehicles have a very awesome upgrade which I just found out about recently when I played a Tau veteran. No, I'm not talking about Disruption Pods, which are great but everyone already knows about that. I'm talking about Multi-trackers. One of their best kept secrets. Move 12" and still be able to fire his hammerhead's railguns?!? Just think what he could do to the poor carnies who would have problems catching them and when they do, they're hitting on 6's. Plain nasty.
    I don't think that's much of a secret but i agree for some reason most tau players i've met don't realy like spamming that upgrade. =shrugs=

I'm always telling my friend he should make all his vehicles count as fast.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts

+ Reply to Thread