[PICS] Orks vs Tyranids - Oct 10th 2009 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    94 (x1)

[PICS] Orks vs Tyranids - Oct 10th 2009

My Ork Army List

HQ: Big Mek (2#, 220 Pts)
    1 Big Mek @ 110 Pts
    Choppa; Kustom Force Field; 'Eavy Armour; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Mek's Tools

1 Big Mek @ 110 Pts
    Choppa; Shokk Attack Gun; 'Eavy Armour; Cybork Body; Mek's Tools

Elite: Nobz (33#, 1320 Pts)
    9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
    Big Choppa (x5); Choppa (x1); Power Klaw (x3); Slugga (x9); 'Eavy Armour (x9); Bosspole (x1); Waaagh! Banner (x1)
    1 Painboy @ [55] Pts
    'Urty Syringe; 'Eavy Armour; Dok's Tools
    1 Trukk @ [40] Pts
    Big Shoota (x1); Red Paint Job

9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
    Big Choppa (x5); Choppa (x1); Power Klaw (x3); Slugga (x9); 'Eavy Armour (x9); Bosspole (x1); Waaagh! Banner (x1)
    1 Painboy @ [55] Pts
    1 Trukk @ [40] Pts

9 Nobz @ 440 Pts
    1 Painboy @ [55] Pts
    1 Trukk @ [40] Pts

Troops: Boyz (60#, 460 Pts)
    29 Boyz @ 230 Pts
    Big Shoota (x3); Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!
    1 Boyz Nob @ [41] Pts
    Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

29 Boyz @ 230 Pts
    Big Shoota (x3); Shoota; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!
    1 Boyz Nob @ [41] Pts
    Power Klaw; Slugga; Furious Charge; Mob Rule; Waaagh!

Notes:
    10 Kps - Speed

Total Roster Cost: 2000

PRE-GAME
    Mission: Annihilation
    Deployment: Pitched Battle
    1st Turn: Tyranids

After seeing the Tyranids spread their army across the table in their deployment I decided that my best strategic move was to deploy everything on the right corner where I could camp my SAG Big Mek in the bunker, and hide my shootas behind the trukks protected by the KFF Big Mek in the middle truck giving everything there a cover save.

This would also force the Tyranids to move everything sideways and puts the great majority of their units out of range allowing me to deal with a few at a time.

I aimed the SAG at the God Fex in the rear hoping i'd roll double 6s and be done with him and that flyrant next to him all in one shot. Alas my luck was not so good and I hit with S3. I shifted my trukks to the right to prepare for the incoming winged tyrant and tyrant + guard and unloaded the big shootas on the guard causing 1 wound.

The tyranids moved as I predicted with the winged tyrant and tyrant + guard leading the pack. The Tyrant attempts to venom cannon my Big Mek's trukk but the force field renders the attack useless. I then move all my trukks full speed ahead forming a blockade and disembarking all my Nobz who proceed to assault both tyrants and the nearby Zoanthrope. 2 easy kill points

In shock after losing his hive tyrant with such ease and having received a Lictor from reserves the Tyranids opt to launch a massive counterassault. Targetting the zoanthrope killing Nobz with genestealers, the Lictor joined up with the Tyrant and his last guard to bolster the defense against the Nobz, and finally his God fex and Hormagants charged into combat with the Winged Tyrant killing Nobz.

Much to his surprise al his units lost combat severely the genestealers did really poorly against the Nobz getting wiped out with ease. The tyrant + lictor convo proved formidable but was defeated nonetheless. And lastly the hormagants did very little in terms of damage and took many wounds in return, while the carnifex manged to slaughter a nob or two, it was smacked around by a few PKs and lost some wounds though not enough to kill him, but suffered some no retreat saves and the hormagants having lost the lead Tyrant were forced to fall back towards their nearest synapse creature.

Having crushed the Tyranid counter attack put the Nobz in a great position to wipe out all remaining threats. And so the Nobz and Boyz charged forward. The shoota boyz unloaded a massive volley on the retreating Hormagants wiping them out and the Nobz took the battle to the nearby Warriors and to the stubborn carnifex that refused to die last turn. A very successful 3rd turn for the Orks as they earned yet another 3 kill points without losing any for a total of 9 kill points.

Winged Tyrant
    Zoanthrope
    Genestealers
    Tyrant
    Guard
    Lictor
    Hormagants
    Warriors
    Carnifex

All beaten to a bloody mess.

My opponent wisely resigned at the conclusion of turn 3 with great dismay after being completely overtaken by my WAAGH!

WINNERS: DA ORKS! 9 to 0.

NOTE: if you'd like to make your own 'caption' of the final pic feel free, i tried to think of something funny but didn't really have any good ideas, so edit it and re-post it in this thread if you have a good one.

1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts
    2. Chaos Space Marines - 7,100 pts
    3. Space Marines - 6,000 pts

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

You list specifically for these games right? Because in a non-KP game, that list is horrible and you always run something different so I'll assume yes.

List for the 'Nids would be nice. His army is painted really nicely, compliments to him. Looks like he had a lot of easy to snag KPs so it was going to be an uphill battle.

I'd like to see some reports with more rounded lists, personal desire, but good work with the pics as always.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

No i don't custom build list for the games unless it's a campaign game where I already know before hand what i'm going to be facing.

I normally carry 20-30 different army lists with me when I go play 40k. And it goes like this:

1. Find opponent
    2. Pick out which list I want to play versus said opponent or roll a D6 to decide which list I play.
    - If opponent asks me what i'm playing BEFORE making his army list then I will choose a list that's best suited to deal with his army IMO.
    - If opponent is not the kind that wants to ask me what i'm using so he can custom-tailor his list, then I will do the same as I never ask what i'm up against. So i'll just choose one list from the many i have with me at the time.
    3. We set up terrain. Depending on the opponent I will try to set my share of terrain in a way that benefits the current list i'm playing. Though as of late i've been caring very little for terrain arrangements, as the games have been more enjoyable when I super strategise a plan.
    4. We roll for mission & deployment
    5. I immediately start building a game plan on how to best use the list at hand with the current terrain set up and mission/deployment guidelines.
    6. I carry out my plan.
    7. I win.

I'm simply a very tactical person, I'm empowered a lot from knowing what i'm up against and having some idea of how to deal with it, wether i need to avoid it or attack it.

There's very few games outside of the campaign games where I build a list for a specific set up and that's only when it's previously agreed upon by me and my opponent.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

I see, I did mean for the campaign because those are the only reports I've seen you post.

Personally, I have a very low view of people who multi-list. It's certainly smart and hedges your bets to get the win but it isn't very tactical and doesn't foster player improvement. Multi-listing is a crutch, nothing more and it's hard to make a convincing argument otherwise, how good must one be to win when they have a perfect set-up for the situation?

Just thought I'd chime in with my thoughts on that, keep up the posting.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I see, I did mean for the campaign because those are the only reports I've seen you post.

Personally, I have a very low view of people who multi-list. It's certainly smart and hedges your bets to get the win but it isn't very tactical and doesn't foster player improvement. Multi-listing is a crutch, nothing more and it's hard to make a convincing argument otherwise, how good must one be to win when they have a perfect set-up for the situation?

Just thought I'd chime in with my thoughts on that, keep up the posting.
    Interesting, and yes the campaign games you are told what mission you will be playing and against who etc etc

I would consider it the ultimate display of foolishness and bad play to not take these things into account when building up your list and battle plan.

Take any sport for example; everyone prepares against their opponent this is specially true in American Football where a LOT is spent into training to tackle and counter specific opponents.

It borders almost on being retarded to attempt to run into the game field with no prior prep when you are aware of such things.

Furthermore this is also true in any real life situation, be it an actual war, a school exam or just about any situation out there. If you do not use the tools you are given then you are simply the fool who does not perform as well as others who took the time to prepare. If you didn't send spies to investigate your enemy and then you get hit with a nuclear bomb then that's your fault, if you failed your math exam because you decided it wasnt worth studying everything covered in class then that's your fault, if you get hit by another car while trying to squeeze past a yellow light then that's your fault.

The same concept applies to taking multi-lists in 40k. If you decide that you are too lazy or whatever other reason you may have to not have a list for your army and you lose a game to someone who had a variety of different things he could play, then well that's your fault yet again for whatever reason.

Being versatile is NEVER a drawback, nor something to be frowned upon for.

What i do condemn is those who ASK you 'hey what army you are playing' before the game in order to either use an already written list or write one on the spot that is best geared towards beating the opponent. THAT is foul play IMO.

Thus why I usually respond to that question with: "Why do you need to know what i'm using? Can't you just build a list that you like and play the game? I'm not asking you what you are gonna use against me am i?"

That usually shuts people up, if they insist on knowing what im gonna play before they've chosen their army list then by all means I will chose one with the intention to annihilate them wether or not they meant to 'cheat'. It's just my twisted 40k principles i suppose.

By the way another VERY good reason to multi-list and in actuality my MAIN reason in doing it, is because I own at least a minimum of 4450 points (my necrons) in every army i own, and I like being able to use all my stuff.

Perhaps you've never bought more than 2000 points worth of models so that you've never had the dilemna of having a unit of lictors that you hardly use or an extra tyrant that you wish you had a list where u could use him every now and then.

But for me this is all too common.
    Necrons 4450 pts
    Orks 6000+ points
    Ultramarines 7000+ pts
    Black Legion 7000+ pts
    Tyranids 100000+pts

multi-listing and almost never playing the same list twice allows me to let everything i own get some field time. Wether it's something super powerful like Ork Nobz or something that's hardly worth it's skin like Tyranid Biovores.
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

368 (x8)

I have one list for 1000, 1500, 1750 and 2000 respectively. These lists never change and they never will because they're balanced and can beat any army without listing against them, even if I'm listed against. That's what building a strong army is all about, it's about being smart enough to think of the unknown and counter it before you even play it.

In tournaments you don't get to know your opponents in advance, it's random. That's why I love tournaments because they hurt people who multi-list. Their armies can get hard-countered before the game even begins because they didn't balance it out for all armies and all missions. They also have far less experience with their particular list than I do with mine, giving me a huge edge.

I like the challenge of using the same list over and over and over again because it builds my skills, there's no finer way to become better at the game as a competitive player. I don't buy more than 2000 because it's a waste unless you love to paint, play Apoc or multi-list, none of which I do.

Basically I'm just as versatile as the next guy and yet I never change. That's why it's pretty easy to win any game/tournament if your list is solid and you know it like the back of your hand.

Of course I'am by no means a friendly player, all I care about is winning. I just care about winning tournaments over random games, so that's what I build towards.

2 cents firmly deposited.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

94 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by The Prince of Excess View Post
    I have one list for 1000, 1500, 1750 and 2000 respectively. These lists never change and they never will because they're balanced and can beat any army without listing against them, even if I'm listed against. That's what building a strong army is all about, it's about being smart enough to think of the unknown and counter it before you even play it.

In tournaments you don't get to know your opponents in advance, it's random. That's why I love tournaments because they hurt people who multi-list. Their armies can get hard-countered before the game even begins because they didn't balance it out for all armies and all missions. They also have far less experience with their particular list than I do with mine, giving me a huge edge.

I like the challenge of using the same list over and over and over again because it builds my skills, there's no finer way to become better at the game as a competitive player. I don't buy more than 2000 because it's a waste unless you love to paint, play Apoc or multi-list, none of which I do.

Basically I'm just as versatile as the next guy and yet I never change. That's why it's pretty easy to win any game/tournament if your list is solid and you know it like the back of your hand.

Of course I'am by no means a friendly player, all I care about is winning. I just care about winning tournaments over random games, so that's what I build towards.

2 cents firmly deposited.
    I completely disagree 'i'm just as versatile as the next guy yet i never change' ?

Sure, and pigs fly. You can't claim to be versatile when you've never tried to be.
    Using the same list over and over and over etc etc etc, sound dull as hell to me, we may as well eat the same food every day, make love in missionary only, get a hair style and never try another, get a girlfriend and never have another one if she dumps you.

That's just lame IMO and i'm pretty sure most people would agree, that's plain boring. As you said in TOURNAMENT play we are confined to only using 1 list, perhaps you should play in tournaments ONLY then as they seem to be the ONLY rule set that you seem to have success in? Due to your superior knowledge of your unchangin list?

For the rest of us that enjoy standard 40k as well, allow us to have variety and the common sense to try new things, different things, silly things, powerful things, all sorts of things!

I would consider that me and you should ever meet and we should play a game of ideology perhaps seeing as we are apparently both very competitive players (and believe me i'm as competitive as it gets) and I will bring 30 list and roll randomly to see which one i'll be playing you with and show you how strong multi-listing can be even when I don't know what list I will be playing, and you have your however many years of experience using yours.

Mind you i've never participated in a tournament due to not having a painted army and partially being lazy. But i've sure enough played against many of the local Tournament players at my GW and unquestionably i'm a match for any even with my random list choosing.

Your 2 cents are firmly noted, and consequently ignored because this is to me as silly as the 'painting vs playing' debate. I prefer playing rather than painting, and some people seem to have a grudge against players who dislike the painting part of the hobby. Which is retarded wouldn't you agree?

This is a hobby it should be enjoyed in the manner we see fit and neither you, I or anyone else has the right to question others for playing and enjoying the game as they like as long as it's not breaking rules etc.

Those are my words of wisdom to you. In other words get over it, if you don't like multi-listing that's your call there's certainly nothing wrong with it I assure you, as well as there being nothing wrong with your own approach to 40k so why don't we just enjoy the game rather than bickering about what kind of list we use?

=friend hug=
    1. Tyranids - 15,000 pts

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    459 (x8)

Ok i wear my power armor and hope i get away because i can see nuclear bombs falling from every direction.

What i see is two players who only care how to win and nothing else!Guys relax,its a game for Gods shake!

Whether you use 1 or 100 lists,whether you spend money and have 10000000000000points of army or been conservative and have 2000 points,its simply a point of view.There are a 100 ways to reach victory but the most golden of all is having fun both you and your opponent.

Warhammer 40k is a hobby and the point of every hobby is getting some fun.

I dont mean to insult anyone here but personally after reading this i wouldnt like to play both of you.I dont mind been the one scraping the floor as long as i get a good time.I ve been tabled in turn 2 and i have tabled in turn one.So what?

Yes i bragged and i ve been bragged upon,but it was always good natured and it saddens me when i see players when all they care about is only to win.

In my book you have lost say 70% of the game...

Again i hope i didnt insult anyone,if anyone feels like it you have my sincere sorry.

BTW nice report,id like to see the opponents list though!
    Last edited by pilot00; October 30th, 2009 at 18:27.
    Praise be to the Emperor!!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this topic is getting hot XDDD. Anyways good batle report as always, this forum is for battle reports and only battle reports, its ok i f you got the army unpainted, partially painted or masterfully painted, its ok if you play with the same list everytime or if you got 365 diferent lists one for every day of the year, those things does not belong here. Go planet diplomacy v2!!!!

PD:This battle report shows why the tyranid have to be shooty with the actual codex
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

hmm mutli-list? anyway.

here's a word of advice to you Akaiyou, Prince Of Ecxess never lets down a debate and he's one of the few players that i have met that are experienced to say that they don;t have to change. but change is a good thing, he might have missed a few points or something in his list, but that it very very rare.

i am sure he doens't need me to fight his battles and debates, but i thought i might just let you know in advance from my experience ^^.

From my experience, i think the list that copy and pastes like the nobz squads spam in your list, kinda boring and it's abit too one minded in your list that more of the same is beautiful.
    To me, i find using the same list that i feel is as compettive as i can make it is better than using lists that spam units until it becomes literally a copy and paste list.

I have tried copy and paste lists before just to try them out and they do two things and two things only. win spectacularly or fail spectacularly. their really isn't much fun using the same units again and again for one turn, when there are so many other units to use from the codex.

1. Find opponent
    2. Pick out which list I want to play versus said opponent or roll a D6 to decide which list I play. i don't do that, well i used to but stopped doing it very quickly, because i wanted a list that could be as competitive as possible and i would know how good that i really was at 40k on the board and have some reliable results for one lists not multiple lists.
    - If opponent asks me what i'm playing BEFORE making his army list then I will choose a list that's best suited to deal with his army IMO. i just usually tell them, and i don't really meet such people, but i usually stick with my list or make quick adjustments like switch a land raider for 2 vindicators in 1000-1500 games. if they want to have lists made specifically made against me, i just think hell and most of the time i play with what i wanted to play before they even asked me.
    - If opponent is not the kind that wants to ask me what i'm using so he can custom-tailor his list, then I will do the same as I never ask what i'm up against. So i'll just choose one list from the many i have with me at the time. i like using one lists that is successful and competitive, but i do use a variety for friendly games or fun games with mates, who specifically don't want to face competitive lists, but just fun lists, that may fall under the category of a copy and paste list.
    3. We set up terrain. Depending on the opponent I will try to set my share of terrain in a way that benefits the current list i'm playing. Though as of late i've been caring very little for terrain arrangements, as the games have been more enjoyable when I super strategise a plan. i used to do that, but i usually place terrain now to make the game interesting and make it fair to my opponent as well. it someone wants an open ground and be win at all costs. then i give them it and make them pay ^^.
    4. We roll for mission & deployment
    5. I immediately start building a game plan on how to best use the list at hand with the current terrain set up and mission/deployment guidelines. i usually have my plan in mind, but ot unit specific if you get what i mean. like i want this unit in my lists for anti-tank and not more specific than that.
    6. I carry out my plan.
    7. I win. or lose ^^.

just wandering after posting this one, am i being a jackass? digging myself a hole or making a valid argument?

EDIT: for the batrep itself. nice image batrep but you need more images i think.

also, i think your tactic was flawed, if he had another stealer squad or two he could have taken the battle quite nicely with more fexes with bard stranglers and used his troops choices appropriately, because nids swarm the enemy first and then bring in the bad boys ^^. and also i think like prince that two troops choices, no mater how big is not enough to be competitive in a game. especially objectives. being all killy is all good and fine, but what if you can't reach what you want to kill in an objective game? what do you do then? you lose the game and the game becomes less fun.

i agree with pilot00 on all his points, but i would like to play against prince for competitive reasons. but i usually like to play as well as possible and for laughs. winning is just the cherry on top, but i love winning, but not winning as my single and only goal.

P.S nids don't need to be shooty to be competitive! , but some shooting is nice ^^

thanks
    antique_nova
    Last edited by antique_nova; October 30th, 2009 at 18:51.
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast