2k DH and CSM vs SM and Orks - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2k DH and CSM vs SM and Orks

Well to start off i havent posted a battle report here before so i thought i might as well post this one.

DH: GM and 4 terminators
    10 sobs
    9 PAGK
    LR
    Dreadnought

CSM: DP
    5 CSM bikers
    10 CSM
    10 khorne beserkers in rhino
    5 Possesed

SM: captain
    chaplin
    bike
    3 squads of SM
    dreadnought
    Vindicator

Orks: Warboss
    warboss with 9 nobs
    2 squads of 20 ork boyz
    deffcopter

It was pitched battle anahlation and SM got first turn. My forces hid behind buildings where the CSM moved upwards. All buildings were counted as impassible.

First turn for orks consisted of running while the space marines took shots at the CSM squad and killed 4.
    We moved up and dreadnought killed the vindicator with its ML while GKs caused a wound on the SM bike. Sisters killed the deff copter

Turn 2 they waagh the orks up to little effect but the warboss and nobs did charge my sisters and killed them all. The first squad of ork boyz charged my dreadnought to tie it up it in combat. The captain, bike, chaplin and dreadnought killed 4 PAGKs.
    I moved my LR out and let the Terminators out, while my PAGKs jumped out towards the bike. CSM bikes shot at the ork boyz with the warboss while my PAGKs flamed the bike and captain causing a wound. The terminators flamed and then charged the orkboyz with the warboss and killed all the boyz and caused a wound on the warboss. The warboss came back and killed a terminator. The warboss managed to roll double 1s for its morale check so the fight went on. PAGKs charge and killed the bike while getting killed by the captain.

Turn 3 warboss and nobs charged my dreadnought and killed it then ran away behind a building. Dreadnought shot and caused 2 wounds on the DP while the chaplin charged the CSM bikers. Terminators finished off the warboss then consolidated closer to the next boyz squad.
    Our turn the DP charged the dreadnought and wreaked it. The possessed DS down next to the destroyed vindicator. CSM squad shot at the nobs and killed 2 while the terminators charged and killed all of the boyz. The CC between the bikes and the chaplin went on.

Turn 4 warbozz and nobs charged the CSM unit and killed all of them. SM squads did something for once and shot at the possessed that came down behind the vindicator and killed 2. Captain killed my justicar and consolidated towards my terminators. Chaplin finished the CSM bikes and moved up towards my terminators.
    Well we needed some kill points and this is where the terminators shined, they shot and killed the chaplin and moved up looking for the kill. DP and possessed charged a squad of SM and killed them.

Turn 5 the back SM squad shot and killed the remain possessed and the DP. Ork warboss detached from its squad and charge the land raider managing to knock off a lascannon and immoblising it. Captain charge my terminators and killed another one while all i caused was 1 wound with my GM but that was enough because its a force weapon so i finished the captain off.
    I flamed then charged the nobs with my terminators killing all bar 1 then i failed LD check and i destroyed the last 1. Khorne beserkers decided to jump out for once but they failed to do anything. Ork warboss failed to destroy the LR.

Game ended there at 11 points to DH/CSM vs 8 points to Orks/SM

If your wondering about the landraider it really did nothing the whole game, while the terminators got 6 kill points
    All in all a good game the clan im in at my local store had all the wins for the day so i was happy.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Thanks for posting your battle-report, HL-C! Great effort.

Inquisition allying with traitors - what has become of this world?
    That Grey Knight grandmaster better stay far away from my Nebula Raiders...

Some recommendations, if I may:
    • Describe the set-up (of the battle-field) and maybe try to include a picture (if only an amateur drawing made in MS Paint or something like that).
    • Describe die army lists a little more in detail. It would be very interesting indeed what upgrades the units you mentioned were outfitted with.

And a question and some advice:
    • How can possessed deep-strike? I looked in the codex, but I must be blind.
    • You guys (I'm looking at the Space Marine player in particular) need to join your ICs to units!
    • Don't know if I'm making wrong assumptions here, but: did you agree to play annihilation before you made lists? Because all of you only have minimum troops, which wouldn't be very effective in objective-based missions. Try to play some of those though - they usually involve a little more tactics!
    • Even for an annihilation you guys seem to (from what I can gather from your report) have just ran into each other and turned the fight into a slaughterfest. I recommend making the game a little more interesting by choosing targets, considering whether it's beneficial to advance or not, etc...

Some good kills for one game!

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

As Red said, some detail, using different text types like Bold, Italics etc and a little cleaner typing would go a long way. I always appreciate the Battle Reps, keep it up.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i forgot to mention that the ork and CSM players were new and the ork player didnt even have his own codex. So if something like the possessed was wrong me and the SM player didnt know. As for the slugfest it was the ork and CSM players that charged straight up while me and the SM player just waited, shot then charged what came our way which is why we did the most damage.

As for mission it just happened like that we made the lists before the match. Ill try to get a picture next time as well

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

Yeah new players often make those mistakes, a guy yesterday thought he could put Termies in a Rhino. If something sounds fishy, always ask and thumb through their Codex on their turn if you have time and don't know it well.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

That Which Has No Time Red Archer's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    531 (x8)

Thanks for clearing things up, HL-C! Now it all makes sense.
    Thanks again for the report!

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Just a note on your list.

It's illegal. Before you can take allies (sobs), you need to have 2 min. troop choices from your own codex (PAGK's or IST's).
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah i know that, we werent worried about that because we had to minimize the list for the CSM and Ork player so i was fine

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    43 (x3)

You could also say on low points, to get a joint foc. My friends and I do that a lot, we play 2 vs 1 fairly often with 2 1k lists vs a 2k list for an example and then we often say one foc for both armies, works like a charm, fun playing as well. Thought this was something like that
    'Thou shalt not refer to the Adeptus Soritas as "Bolter Bitches" nor shalt thou go anywhere near our sisters during the time of the "Red Rage," lest thou wishes to be the first human to enter orbit without the aid of a shuttle.'

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Blood_Lord View Post
    You could also say on low points, to get a joint foc. My friends and I do that a lot, we play 2 vs 1 fairly often with 2 1k lists vs a 2k list for an example and then we often say one foc for both armies, works like a charm, fun playing as well. Thought this was something like that
    Then SM+Orks would be illegal with 4 HQ's.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast