Cleanse the traitorous scum with Wolves, ale and whale meat! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

View Poll Results: So how good was the batrep?

Voters
7. You may not vote on this poll
  • Very good - make more!

2 28.57%
  • I liked it

3 42.86%
  • It was alright

1 14.29%
  • It was alright, could be improved alot - or i didn't like it

1 14.29%
+ Reply to Thread
    Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

Cleanse the traitorous scum with Wolves, ale and whale meat!

So i am just testing new tactics and my SW army ( using as, because i am still getting money and building the wolf army slowly ). Today, i face the chaos scum, i looked forward to this game. My opponent isn't too bad at first glance with a fair number of scoring units, firepower and in your face units.

So to the fight! ( 1500 points verse 1500 points )

( Such fancy titles )

Lord nova's Great Company!

(Joins Grey Hunter Pack 4)
    1x Rune Priest

1x Chooser of the slain
    - spells –
    1x Living Lighting
    1x Jaws of the World Wolf

Wolf Guard Pack
    (Joins Grey Hunter Pack 4)
    Wolf Guard 1
    1x Terminator Armour
    1x Cyclone Missile Launcher

1x Combi-plasma

(Joins Grey Hunter Pack 1)
    Wolf Guard 2
    1x Thunder Hammer
    1x Combi-melta

(Joins Grey Hunter Pack 2)
    Wolf Guard 3
    1x Thunder Hammer
    1x Combi-melta

(Joins Grey Hunter Pack 3)
    Wolf Guard 4
    1x Thunder Hammer
    1x Combi-melta

(Joins Long Fang Pack 1)
    Wolf Guard 5

(Joins Long Fang Pack 2)
    Wolf Guard 6

Grey Hunter Pack 1
    7x Grey Hunters
    1x Melta gun
    1x Wolf standard
    1x Mark of the Wulfen
    ----- Transport -----
    1x Rhino
    1x Extra Armour

Grey Hunter Pack 2

7x Grey Hunters
    1x Melta gun
    1x Wolf standard
    1x Mark of the Wulfen
    ----- Transport -----
    1x Rhino
    1x Extra Armour

Grey Hunter Pack 3

8x Grey Hunters
    1x Melta gun
    1x Wolf standard
    1x Mark of the Wulfen
    ----- Transport -----
    1x Drop pod
    1x Death Wind Launcher

Grey Hunter Pack 4
    5x Grey Hunters

1x Plasma gun

Land Speeder Squadron 1
    1x Land speeder
    1x Multi-melta
    1x Heavy flamer

Land Speeder Squadron 2
    1x Land speeder
    1x Multi-melta
    1x Heavy flamer

Long Fang Pack 1

5x Long Fang
    1x Pack Leader
    3x Missile launcher

2x Lascannon

Long Fang Pack 2
    5x Long Fang
    1x Pack Leader
    3x Missile launcher

2x Lascannon

Jame's Warband of death
    !

1x Daemon Prince
    1x Wings
    1x Mark of Slaneesh
    1x Lash of Submission

1x Daemon Prince
    1x Wings
    1x Mark of Slaneesh
    1x Lash of Submission

6x Plague marines
    2x plasma gun

6x Plague marines
    2x plasma gun

8x Khorne Berserkers
    1x Skull Champion
    1x Power fist
    - transport -
    1x Rhino
    1x Possessed

8x Khorne Berserkers
    1x Skull Champion
    1x Power fist
    - transport -
    1x Rhino
    1x Possessed

2x Oblitorator

2x Oblitorator

2x Oblitorator

What game?

Game type: Multiple objectives
    Deployment type: Dawn of war
    Number of objectives: 4
    Who deploys first?: James!
    Recap: 1500 points

Acronyms ( Will be used through out the battlereport ):

Batrep - battle report#
    SW = Space Wolf
    CSM = chaos space marine
    GH = Grey Hunter
    Jotww = Jaws of the world wolf
    RP = rune priest
    LC = lascannon
    ML = missile launcher
    PG = plasma gun
    DP = daemon prince
    WG = wolf gaurd
    CLM = clycone missile launcher
    LOS = line of sight
    LOS = lash of submission

Table description.

My side:
    So i have a lack running roughly 4 inches from my board edge. A hill with good LOS to my right with trees. a bridge and some rocky cover and barracades. A building and 2 barricades about 8 inches longs in the middle of my deployment edge with a crater and line of sandbags.

The middle. 2 craters, one big and one small mostly towards the centre and moving to the left of me. A few trees and 3 barricades mostly near to the centre to my right.

Jame's side: 2 buildings with one floor, and one building towards my left with very good LOS, but a tight area. a few trees that act as good cover and a barricade right down the middile of his area.

The objectives

one in the centres of the table, one in the middile of my area 12 inches from the middile, one near my top right and the last objective marker was towards my right, exactly 24 inches from my board edge and 12 inches away from the table edge.

Deployment
    !

Chaos deployment:
    DP is placed roughly 18 inches away from his board edge ( out of my JOTWW range if i come in from his board edge ) Then two zerker rhinos behind the barricades to my left and centre.

My deployment:
    A rhino with one of the GH squads as far up from the cover as possible. with my RP and GH pack 4 behind them in the crater and behind the sandbags.

THE GAME!

I steal the initiative! The emperor is wish us! Fight for the beer and the sweet sound of victory !
    SW turn 1:
    Everyone comes on with the long fangs emerging from my bottom right hand corner, nice and snugg behind cover. I move the rhino as close as possible towards the DP, and the second rhino boosts forward swirls and blocks the DPs LOS to my GH pack 4 with the RP ( the GH PACK 4 moves to the right of the rhino.
    The speeders come up and focus their attention on the bezerker rhino. My pod lands right infront of the rhino closest to the DP.

None of my rhinos smoke, both of my land speeders blow yp the centre CSM rhino and the combined melta gun firepower from 2 GH packs with a combi-melta and a melta gun a piece, plus the rune priest with living lighting and the CML WG kill 7 bezerkers. A good start!

CSM turn 1:
    All of his guys come on, with 2 squads of oblitorators moving near barricades towards my top right and the third oblitorator squad legging it to the building with the best LOS.
    Seeing my tactic of blocking in the DP support, the bezkers, and then moving on he moves his DP that is in the centre table. He lashes my centre rhino forward and i stop the lash that he tries on my long fangs. The bezerker rhino towards my left, speeds all the way behind a building hiding from my GH PACK 4. The plague marine squads ran towards their nearest objective ( this objective was out in the open, so one squad went infront of the other to give that nasty +4 cover save *dirty tactic i say*

His oblitators wreck the rhino, then plasma bomb the squad with the second oblitorator, killing 3 guys. Seeing that his plasma bombarding failed, and to stop himself from being mobbed, the DP that lashed the rhino assualts that squad. The DP kills 3 more. and my motw fells the last bezerker and my WG with the thunder hammer wounds the daemon prince twice!

Objective count
    SW: 2
    CSM: 1

SW turn 2:
    The objective to me was clear. Kill both daemon princes, stall the last rhino squad, then bombard the oblitorators before they could do some serious damage to my army. Ignoring the plague marines would be best at the moment.

The rhinoless GH squad moved towards the plague marines, ran and braced for a charge at the wounded DP. My speeders moved towards the last beserker rhino and my last rhino moved towards the DP heading for my long fangs, but they didn't block the GH pack 4 LOS to that DP.

Shooting saw me blow up the last rhino and killed 4 bezerkers with my heavy flamers! The pod which i forgot to shoot last turn. did nothing. My rune priest warmed up, shot the daemon prince and my opponent tensed. and rolled.......a five..... ow well. there's always next turn as the plasma gun, the CML, the lascannons and the melta guns from the rhino squad mowed the DP into partial dust, as it stood with 1 wound remaining. The long fangs then proceeded to kill a squad of oblitorators. horaay . The rhinoless GH pack moved in and butchered the DP and they moved up towards the plague marines and they screened the lone GH with the thunder hammer.

CSM 2:

The plague marines rapid fired plasma and boltesr upon the GH squad and felled 4 members as the oblitorators felled another 3. The GH squad refused to break and the bezerkers tore a land speeder apart and stayed out of LOS to my GH pack 4. The DP lashed again at my lone fangs and failed again and failed to reach my long fangs by a mere 3 inches!

Objective count
    SW: 1

SW 3:

The remaining rhino rushed towards the remaining GH packs in the front lines and the GH pack four with the plasma gun and CML felled the DP beast and banished it back towards the hellish tarpit of the warp. Both long fang squads wipined out the remaining oblitorators with 6 missile launchers and 2 lascannon shots. the other two lascannons killed one plague marine. The land speeder shot the bezerkers again and felled a further 3 more, while forcing the bezerker squad into the LOS of GH pack four if they wanted to assualt it.
    The 2 WG with thunder hammers and a Motw GH charged the closest plague marine squad and wiped them out, but not before a WG fell, such is the danger of nurgle. The remaining GH and WG ( in seperatet squads ) stayed defiant towards the chaos warriors and shouted their anger and hatred as they prepared for the next charge.

CSM 3:
    The plague marine could not kill both the GH and the WG so they slaughtered the WG and prepared for the wrath of the MOTW GH. The remaining bezerkers destroyed the last land speeder but could not consolidate far enough into the safety of the building.

Objective count
    SW: 1
    1 contested

SW 4:
    The rhino moved towards the centre tabled and parked on the objective. The long fangs softened up the plague bearers and killed 2 with lascannons and the GH pack four, cleansed the remaing bezerkers with plasma, missiles and jotww. The GH Motw snarled, went forth and lifted up high the head of the traitorous plague bearers that stood before him some seconds ago before he tossed them into the distance and howled the howl of victory and the howl of the honourable dead.

For this day was won, but not without sacrifice and strength in arms

Final score:
    Objective count
    SW: 3
    CSM: 0

That was a fun game and i enjoyed typing up that batrep too, i hope you guys had fun reading this too!

thanks
    antique_nova

Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This was a funn and enjoyable BATREP. Howerver i saw an error that the chaos player did in turn one, he used LoS on the Rhino something that is not possible as you need to target a non vehicle unit. pg: 88, sentece: 3 codex CSM. The reason i say this is splitt, 1st is because i think the outcome could be very different if he hadn't lashed the rhino, 2nd because i is good for people to know if something is done wrong.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
    This was a funn and enjoyable BATREP. Howerver i saw an error that the chaos player did in turn one, he used LoS on the Rhino something that is not possible as you need to target a non vehicle unit. pg: 88, sentece: 3 codex CSM. The reason i say this is splitt, 1st is because i think the outcome could be very different if he hadn't lashed the rhino, 2nd because i is good for people to know if something is done wrong.
    Yup. What he said above.

And what was your opponent thinking deploying his DP so far up in the open with no cover! Bad play. Any chaos general worth a lick knows to protect his DP's. Your opponent had a good list, but his play was very iffy.

Great battle report and great game. IMO the new wolves are the tourney team to beat. They've taken the crown away from dual-lash chaos. Your list could be even worse had you taken multiple RP's. They are the new units that opponents just love to hate.

Good thing you didn't try the TH+JotWW cheese tactic against his DP. Then again, actually you did but he had wings. A very dirty trick indeed.

Keep up the batreps.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

aaaa, well we will have a rematch then! I think he was over confident. Personally multiple RP aren't worth it. Jotww is 24 inches and a clever opponent won't spam expensive one man units, just for that reason.

Wait a minute. does TH reduce the DP initiative to 1 as soon as it losses a wound to the TH during the next turn until the next combat phase? because if he didm then i should ahve killed the DP. ow well.

I got another batrep coming against 2000 points of necrons and my 1500 points of wolves ( we used a house rule where he could ahve both ctan gods, but i thought it wa a fun game, some people may think it's showing off, so i will leave that batrep in my head ).
    Hopefully, i will get a game against a boasting guard player who laughed in my face when i said i would beaet his gaurd ( which isn't very good by the way ). More batreps soon!

EDIT: there wasn't that much cover, i noticed halfway through the game. note to self, put in more cover, because i don't think there was enough, also he ran his DP over there because he wanted to kill the LF, if his lashed worked i would have got into some trouble. looks like his tactic didn't work. To be honest, i think he did the right thing, otherwise i could have played a boring game, rhino charged up, smoked and hit him with the LFs continuously. then pick my gfights with the GHs.
    Today i trapped a LF sergeant with a broodlord with 3 rhinos and 2 land speeders, before the stealer lord tore through a rhino and was shot to pieces and turned into super heated goo by my land speeders multi-meltas, my other long fangs with avenging missile launchers and lascannons ^^, when i thought it would be fun to play 2250 of nids with 1.5k of wolves.

thanks
    antique_nova
    Last edited by antique_nova; December 13th, 2009 at 22:51.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    aaaa, well we will have a rematch then! I think he was over confident. Personally multiple RP aren't worth it. Jotww is 24 inches and a clever opponent won't spam expensive one man units, just for that reason.
    Jaws isn't even their best power. Living Lightning and Murderous Hurricane are. 3-4 LL's or MH's means 3-4 dead transports per turn or a lot of dead infantry.

Wait a minute. does TH reduce the DP initiative to 1 as soon as it losses a wound to the TH during the next turn until the next combat phase? because if he didm then i should ahve killed the DP. ow well.
    Personally IMO it doesn't work that way, but there are others who insist it does. RAW-wise I don't think you can prove conclusively either case, but I do think that using it is really exploiting the rules and if you tried that in a tourney against me, I wouldn't give you a very high comp score. I personally wouldn't do it, but then again, not everyone thinks the same as me.

In any case, it wouldn't work against the DP because the DP has wings, making him jump infantry. Jaws do not affect jump infantry.

Chaos deployment:
    DP is placed roughly 18 inches away from his board edge ( out of my JOTWW range if i come in from his board edge ) Then two zerker rhinos behind the barricades to my left and centre.

My deployment:
    A rhino with one of the GH squads as far up from the cover as possible. with my RP and GH pack 4 behind them in the crater and behind the sandbags.
    I noticed this bit.

Just wanted to point out to you that in DoW deployment, dedicated transports also count as 1 unit insofar as deployment is concerned. Thus, both you and your opponent deployed too many troop units.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

105 (x6)

Just wanted to point out to you that in DoW deployment, dedicated transports also count as 1 unit insofar as deployment is concerned. Thus, both you and your opponent deployed too many troop units.
    dedicated tansports. it comes with the unit. they count as seperate kill points and units for the purposes of objective contesting and kill points, but i don't think they do for deployment.
    Also, when you take dedicated transports and you count them as troops that means they would take up a slot in the organisation chart if not, then i don't think they become troops, because they are a dedicated transports, not part of the unit in the way a WG that joins them does.

3-4 LL's or MH's means 3-4 dead transports per turn or a lot of dead infantry.
    i wouldn't say dead, shaken, stunned or immobolised. MH, is 3D6 s3 isn't it? Also i can't remember at the top of my head, but dangerous terrain is if you roll one then they die don't they? ( What happens to MC? and mutliple wound guys ).

In any case, it wouldn't work against the DP because the DP has wings, making him jump infantry. Jaws do not affect jump infantry.
    Jump infantry only replaces his infantry status. his MC status stays the same reguardless. so it would affect him.

thanks
    antique_nova

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by antique_nova View Post
    dedicated tansports. it comes with the unit. they count as seperate kill points and units for the purposes of objective contesting and kill points, but i don't think they do for deployment.
    Also, when you take dedicated transports and you count them as troops that means they would take up a slot in the organisation chart if not, then i don't think they become troops, because they are a dedicated transports, not part of the unit in the way a WG that joins them does.
    Check out BRB p. 87 - Dedicated Transports, p. 92 - Multiple Unit Choices and the example on p. 93 - Dawn of War (under the deployment diagram).

i wouldn't say dead, shaken, stunned or immobolised. MH, is 3D6 s3 isn't it? Also i can't remember at the top of my head, but dangerous terrain is if you roll one then they die don't they? ( What happens to MC? and mutliple wound guys ).
    Dangerous terrain is they take a wound with no armor saves if they roll a 1. Just as important, they move as if in difficult terrain. That could be the difference between being able to assault you or not, making it into cover, reaching an objective, etc.

Jump infantry only replaces his infantry status. his MC status stays the same reguardless. so it would affect him.

thanks
    antique_nova
    That is highly debatable. Jaws affect Monstrous Creatures but it doesn't affect Jump Infantry. A Daemon Prince with Wings is both. So he is affected because he is a MC. Then again, he isn't affected because he is jump infantry. I'd go with RAI in this case. For Pete's sakes, even if the ground was to open up from underneath him, that dude can fly!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

His I should have become 1, but having wings makes him jump infantry and therefor does not have to take an initiative test.

An argument that he is still a monstrous creature could be made, and monstrous creatures are affected. Written this way i would like to see it as a FAQ from GW to prevent abuse, but i would play that he can float over the rift like jump infantry can till that happens, but it is something that should be discussed before the game with both players and whatever referee till such time.

Pg. 92 of the BRB under multiple unit choices does actually state that while a dedicated transport does not take up a FOC chart they do count as seperate units "in all respects". therefor yes as written if you deploy a dedicated transport in DoW than you have deployed 2 troops.

i have been making this error since i started playing 5E rules, thanks for bringing it up
    Last edited by Prisoner37; December 21st, 2009 at 01:58.

+ Reply to Thread