[1500] Eldar VS. CSM - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

[1500] Eldar VS. CSM

Hey All,

After recently coming back to 40k after about a year of not playing I was fortunate enough to play 2 games today against CSM and Daemons. My List:

Eldar
    Karandras
    5x Pathfinders
    10x Dire Avengers with Exarch – Dual Shuriken Catapults, Bladestorm
    3x Eldar Jetbikes – Shuriken Cannon
    3x Eldar Jetbikes – Shuriken Cannon
    10x Striking Scorpions with Exarch – Biting Blade
    6x Fire Dragons with Exarch – Crack Shot
    2x Wave Serpents - TL Shuriken Cannons, Spirit Stones
    7x Warp Spiders with Exarch – Dual Death Spinners, Hit and Run
    3x War Walkers – Dual Scatter Laser

This list is a new venture for me, to some Eldar commanders it might seem unorthodox because I am using a Phoenix Lord as my HQ and the list is sans Farseer, but I assure you it's not crazy. Many of the units can infiltrate, outflank, or deepstrike and the remaining units can all move 24" making it lightning fast and unpredictable. Before I get started, I have to say the list was a blast to play and I'm happy with its overall capabilities.

GAME 1 CSM:

His List:
    Chaos Space Marines
    Chaos Lord – MOK, Bloodfeeder (attached to one of the Berzerker squads)
    10x CSM – Melta Gun, Flamer, Powerfist, MOK
    8x Khorne Berzerkers – 2x Plasma Pistols, Powerfist mounted in a Rhino
    8x Khorne Berzerkers – 2x Plasma Pistols, Powerfist mounted in a Rhino
    5x Chaos Terminators with Champion - 4 pairs of Lightning Claws, MOK, Powerfist, Flamer
    Predator – TL Lascannon, Lascannon Sponsons
    Land Raider

Setup:
    We played on a 4x6 table, perspective of layout will be given from the long table edge on my side.

In the lower left quarter there was a ruined tower(4+ cover) in the center of the table quarter, to its right there was a road which stretched across the board diagonally; to the left of the road and above the tower there were a few craters (5+cover) and ruined walls (4+ cover).

In the lower right quarter there was a ruined building(4+ cover) consisting of 3 levels with its wall facing the road. North of it on the border of the top and bottom right table quarters there was a guard tower.

In the upper left quarter there were simply a few craters and walls strewn about on the right side of the quarter.

In the upper right quarter there was another ruined building (4+ cover) across from the craters in the left quarter, and parallel to the road.

Deployment:

We agreed to play for objectives as well as a spearhead deployment. I put an objective inside the ruined tower, and also inside the ruined building in the lower right quarter. My opponent placed an objective inside the ruined building in his deployment zone.

I chose to deploy and go first, choosing to deploy in the quarter with the ruined tower. I deployed my Wave Serpents behind the ruined tower (Dragons on the right, Avengers on the left), and one squad of Jetbikes between them. On the border of the top and bottom quarters I deployed my other squad of Jetbikes behind some walls. The Warp Spiders were set to deep strike and the War Walkers were set to outflank.

He deployed kitty corner to me being exactly 12" away from the center line. He deployed his Land Raider with Terminators, both Rhinos filled with Berzerkers, and his Triple Lascannon Predator in a fan pattern across the road. He stuck his 10 man CSM squad inside the ruined building.

After his deployment, I infiltrated my Scorpions and Karandras behind a wall in the upper left quarter 18" away from his Rhino. I then infiltrated my pathfinders onto the objective in the ruined building in the lower right quarter.

He attemped to Seize the Initiative, but failed.

Turn 1 - Eldar:

Movement:
    The Jetbikes on the cusp of the left table quarters flew into the upper one behind the Scorpions aiming its Shuriken Cannon at the side armor of one of the rhinos. The scorpions and pathfinders stayed put, hoping to lure some berzerkers into a trap. The Wave Serpent carrying the fire dragons shot 24" towards the Land Raider while the other Serpent took up a defensive position behind the ruined building holding the objective. The Jetbikes that were with the Wave Serpents turboboosted behind the Wave Serpent near the objective.

Shooting:
    Not a whole lot of shooting occurred. The Pathfinders plinked a couple of shots at the CSM squad in the ruined building and managed to blow a marine's head off. The Jetbikes fired a shuriken cannon at the side of one rhino, but failed to cause any damage.

Assault:
    The Jetbikes who fired on the rhino move further behind the scorpions.

Turn 1 - CSM:

Movement:
    The leftmost Rhino split off from the rest of the tank line and surged forward 12" into the ruins by the scorpions and popped smoke. The rightmost rhino also went 12" towards the building the Pathfinders were holed up in and popped smoke. The Land Raider moved towards my Fire Dragon filled Wave Serpent and disgorged its Terminator unit as if planning an assault.

Shooting:
    The Lascannon Pred opened up on the Fire Dragon's transport crashing it, but causing no casualties and leaving the dragons a little worse for wear standing behind the wreck of their hovercraft. The CSM in the ruined building return fire at the Pathfinders, but with their 2+ cover save none fall to bolter fire.

Assault:
    Not yet.

Turn 2 - Eldar:

Movement:
    I forget to roll for reserves, but I don't catch it until Turn 3. I move the Jetbikes near the Scorpions to cover across from the ruined building the CSM are hiding in, but I get a crack at the Rhino's side armor. My Scorpions leap the cover they are behind and take up a box formation around the front of the rhino leaving only the rear hatch unblocked. The Fire dragons retreat towards the Rhino and the Scorpions and 1 Dragon gets within melta range on it. The Wave Serpent with Avengers moves 12" towards the disgorged terminators and drops them off. The Jetbike squad by the ruined building moves into position to take a shot at the side of the Rhino parked by the ruined building.

Shooting:
    The Dire Avengers unload a bladestorm into the Terminators, causing 3 wounds to each model. 4 Terminators drop, I rejoice. The Wave Serpent and Jetbike squad combine shuriken cannon fire on the side of the Rhino to no effect. The Pathfinders again pelt the CSM squad with sniper fire but cause no casualties. The Jetbike squad working with the Scorpions unloaded its shuriken cannon into the side armor of the rhino but causes no damage. Without the Terminators to worry about, the Dragons also take aim at the rhino, and thanks to the exarch's crack shot manage to make it explode. The scorpions take 2 casualties from the resulting explosion, but unload their shuriken pistols into the squad of berzerkers dropping 1.

Assault:
    The Scorpions assault the Berzerkers and wipe them out to the man, but not before Karandras takes a powerfist wound and 2 more scorpions fall. The scorpions then consolidate back behind cover. The Jetbikes by the ruined building move back behind it away from the Rhino.

Turn 2 - CSM:

Movement:
    He moves his remaining Rhino towards my squad of helpless Avengers and disgorges his other squad of Berzerkers. His remaining Terminator marches towards the Fire Dragons. The Land Raider takes up a firing position on the Jetbike squad near the Scorpions.

Shooting:
    The Land Raider opens fire on the Jetbike Squadron only dropping 1 due to cover saves. The CSM squad opened up fire on the Jetbikes as well and manage to kill off the remaining bikes. The Predator opened up on the remaining Wave Serpent but only managed to shake it.

Assault:
    The Berzerkers eat the Dire Avengers in an amazing display of gore with the Lord getting 10 attacks. They then consolidate 6" towards the ruined building the pathfinders are hiding in. The lone Terminator assaults my Fire Dragons and causes no wounds locking combat.

Turn 3 - Eldar:

Movement:
    I remember my reserves this turn and they both show up. The War Walkers outflank from my left and set up a firing lane to the CSM in the ruined building. My Warp Spiders deep strike exactly where I want them, directly behind the Predator.

Meanwhile, My shaken Wave Serpent goes 24" behind the Fire Dragon/Terminator melee. My Jetbikes flee from the incoming berzerker horde heading back towards the objective in the ruined tower. The Scorpions move into assault range of the Terminator/Dragon melee.

Shooting:
    My War Walkers unload on the CSM squad dropping 5. My Warp Spiders succeed in destroying the predator and turn it into cover against the CSM squad and the Land Raider. My Pathfinders plink a few useless shots at the berzerker squad that is coming to eat them. The Jetbike squad unloads 4 shuriken catapult shots and 3 shuriken cannon shots into the squad and manages to drop 3.

Assault:
    The Scorpions Assault the Terminator and cut him down before he can strike. The Fire Dragons consolidate 6" behind a wall close to the Land Raider in an attempt to get some melta shots off next turn. The Scorpions consolidate 5" towards the Wave Serpent so they can be ferried to the remaining Berzerker squad.

Turn 3 - CSM:

Movement:
    The Land Raider adjusts its arc to face the Fire Dragons hiding in cover. The remaining Berzerkers climb the ruined building and prepare to assault the Pathfinders. The CSM stay put on their objective.

Shooting:
    The Land Raider unloads on the Fire Dragons killing all 6. The CSM have no target in range and stand around kicking the dirt.

Assault:
    The Berzerkers go nom nom nom through my Pathfinders and take up holding the objective in the ruined building. Amazingly enough, the demon weapon wounds the Lord during the assault.

Turn 4 - Eldar:

Movement:
    The Warp Spiders Jump behind the CSM inside the building. The War Walkers take up a firing lane on the remaining Rhino. The Jetbikes hop onto the objective in the ruined tower. The scorpions pile into the Wave Serpent which makes a bee line for the ruined building.

Shooting:
    The Warp Spiders unload into the CSM, wiping out the squad. The War Walkers manage to destroy the Rhino in a hail of laser fire.

Assault:
    None, but the Warp Spiders take cover from the Land Raider and start heading towards the ruined building as well.

Turn 4 - CSM:

Movement:
    None.

Shooting:
    The Land Raider attempts to maroon the Scorpions by taking out their transport, but it fails to penetrate the Serpent's energy field.

Assault:
    None.

Turn 5 - Eldar:

Movement:
    The Wave Serpent goes 24" and makes it to the base of the ruined building ready to disgorge the Scorpions next turn. The Warp Spiders continue their trek toward the ruined building hoping to get in a shooting phase before the Scorpions enter CC.

Shooting:
    None.

Assault:
    None.

Turn 5 - CSM:

Movement:
    The Land Raider moves forward a little bit to take aim at the remaining Jetbikes on the objective.

Shooting:
    The Land Raider unloads on the Jetbikes camping on the objective in the ruined tower, killing 2. The remaining jetbike passes a Ld test and I still retain control of an uncontested objective.

Assault:
    Nothing Happens.

Results:
    After turn 5 we rolled to see if there would be another turn; there was, and at that point my opponent conceded citing that my scorpions would contest his only objective. They would have probably wiped his squad out when they assaulted, and even if he had killed my remaining jetbike I would have wiped out his entire army except for the Land Raider, meanwhile I had my whole squad of Warp Spiders, more than half of my Scorpions, an unscathed Wave Serpent, and a slightly maimed Karandras.

Overall a fun battle and I am happy with the way my list performed.

What do you think of non-linear Eldar?

Last edited by Amishcellphone; December 14th, 2009 at 20:57.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    108 (x4)

Sounds like a fun game. I do wonder why you started both of the bike units on the table. I would have held both back to try and hold objectives later in the game. I don't recall them having done anything in the game except getting shot. Non linear eldar is alot of fun. Units showing up all over the board puts alot of pressure on the enemy.

Son of LO
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    105 (x6)

could you possibly change the font back to verdana please? i am used to reading verdana and most other people as well, since it's the standard LO forum font. and for some reason i find it hard to read this type of font.
    thanks
    antique_nova
    Superior stamina may win battles, but the ability to quickly recover wins wars.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputation
    72 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by nakaruru View Post
    Sounds like a fun game. I do wonder why you started both of the bike units on the table. I would have held both back to try and hold objectives later in the game. I don't recall them having done anything in the game except getting shot. Non linear eldar is alot of fun. Units showing up all over the board puts alot of pressure on the enemy.
    I started with both bikes on the table because I thought I could use them to hunt the rhinos down and strand the Berzerkers in the open to get shot to death. Obviously this needed to be accomplished as quickly as possible, so that is why I started with them deployed. You are right though, next time I would probably hold them in reserve since 3 shuriken cannon shots isn't really enough to take down a smoked up rhino.
    "War does not determine who is right - only who is left" Bertrand Russell

We bring only death, and leave only carrion. It is a message even a Human can understand.

W/D/L
    Eldar: 3-3-1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

sounded like a fun game
    WH 40k Armies (W/L/D):
    Tyranid: 2250 Points of Awesome (5/4/1)
    Necrons: 1000 Points (4/0/1)

+ Reply to Thread