Part IV - 2500pts Space Wolves vs Chaos Daemons - 'Ard Boyz Style - 2 Battles - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Part IV - 2500pts Space Wolves vs Chaos Daemons - 'Ard Boyz Style - 2 Battles

This is 2 battles against a very tough 'Ard Boyz style Chaos Daemon army. The last time I played against them in an 'Ard Boyz style battle, I used my Daemonhunters (battle report here (2500pts Daemonhunters vs Daemons - 'Ard Boyz style)). That list is nothing compared to the one I played recently.

For those interested, the batreps for my other 'Ard Boyz battles can be found:

Chaos Space Marines here (2500pts Space Wolves vs Chaos Marines w/Super-heavies!!!).
    Ravenguards here (Part II - 2500pts Space Wolves vs Ravenguards - 'Ard Boyz Style).
    Orks (2 battles) here (Part III - 2500pts Space Wolves vs Orks - 'Ard Boyz Style - 2 Battles).

My Space Wolf list:

2500pts

SPACE WOLVES 7th COMPANY

Ragnar Blackmane
    Rune Priest Blackheart - Chooser, Wolftooth Necklace, Jaws, Living Lightning
    Rune Priest Loki - Chooser, Meltabombs, Wolftooth Necklace, Hurricane, Living Lightning
    Rune Priest Goldmoon - Wolftooth Necklace, Hurricane, Jaws

5x Wolf Guards - 5x Combi-meltas, 5x Powerfists (attached to Grey Hunters)
    Land Raider Crusader - Extra Armor, Multi-melta (Ragnar + 10 GH's here)

10x Grey Hunters - 2x Meltaguns, Power weapon, Wolf Standard (Ragnar here)
    8x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino (RP here)
    9x Grey Hunters - Meltagun, Power weapon, Wolf Standard, Rhino

6x Long Fangs Alpha - 2x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers
    6x Long Fangs Beta - 2x Lascannons, 3x Missile Launchers
    5x Long Fangs Gamma - 2x Plasma Cannons, 2x Missile Launchers

FATE-CRUSHER CHAOS DAEMONS

Kairos Fateweaver
    Herald of Khorne - Fury, Juggernaut
    Herald of Khorne - Fury, Juggernaut

8x Bloodcrushers - Fury, Icon (Herald here)
    8x Bloodcrushers - Fury, Icon (Herald here)
    8x Bloodcrushers - Fury

12x Bloodletters
    5x Plaguebearers
    5x Plaguebearers

Soulgrinder - Phlegm, Tongue

Looking at his list, I don't think he cares much for objectives. He just want to annihilate!

Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Due to a backlog in reports and an unusually high "amount of activity" as of late (an 1850 tournament, a big 24K apoc game and a couple of 'Ard Boyz battles against the Guards), this batrep would be just a summary.

Pre-game Analysis:
    The key this game is to take out Fateweaver. If I can do that, and early, I have a good shot at winning. If I can't, he has a good shot at winning. There's nothing worse than bloodcrushers (and actually, the entire army if he can get them into Fateweaver's bubble) with re-rollable saves. They're hard enough to kill already with their regular saves.

GAME 1

Mission: Annihilation
    Deployment: Spearhead
    Initiative: I win and opt to have him go 1st.

Summary:

Turn 1
    His first wave comes in:

Fateweaver
    Bloodcrushers + Herald (Icon)
    Bloodcrushers
    Soul Grinder
    Soul Grinder

Being a little new to Daemons, he didn't know (as did I) that you couldn't use Icons unless it was already on the board. It was only after our 2 battles that I found out and told him. So let's just say, in these games, the house rule was that you can use it on the turn you come in. They all dropped safely and within assault range next turn of 2 of my Long Fang squads and a few of my transports. I shuffle my vehicles, tank shocking his BC's so that my Jaws of the World Wolf would have juicy targets. Unfortunately, this also put my vehicles in some disadvantageous positions in terms of disembarking and assaulting later on. I am not able to take out Fateweaver, though 1-2 bloodcrushers do fall to jaws. I explode 1 Soulgrinder and destroyed the battle cannon off another.

Turn 2
    Next turn his Bloodletters, 1 Plaguebearer (deepstrikes far away) and the last Soulgrinder comes in. The Bloodcrushers and Bloodletters surround my LRC and manages to destroy a weapon and immobilise it. The BC's also wreck/explode 2 rhinos and wipe out 2 Long Fang squads. Now Ragnar's squad is stuck in its LRC.

My firepower is greatly reduced and my cc-beast is stuck in his ride....great. My Long Fangs concentrate on the newly arrived Soulgrinder and blow off its cannon as well. My HQ-less GH's blow up another Soulgrinder with their meltas. The rest of the army concentrates on the BC's and both RP's target Fateweaver with Jaws. I do get rid of a couple of BC's, but again I fail to take down Fateweaver. I multi-assaulted his BC's with 2 squads and manage to survive, locked in cc.

Turn 3
    The rest of his army - another 8 BC's and 5 plagues - arrive. His BC + Herald decides to stop wasting their time on my LRC and leave it alone. However, due to the traffic congestion, they are not able to reach any other units to assault so hit my LRC once more. At least now there is an opening so that Ragnar & co. can get out. They also destroy my other 2 rhinos. In assault, my GH's stay locked with his BC's, though I am losing more guys than him.

1 unit of Grey Hunters manages to assault Fateweaver and take him out. Ragnar's group disembarks and have to go through his bloodletters. Ragnar's unit is able to take them out, but suffer heavy casualties in the process. The BC's locked in cc takes out 1 squad of GH's before they themselves succumb to the 2nd squad of GH's locked with them.

Turns 4-6
    He assaults Ragnar's group with his BC's + Herald, wipes out all but Ragnar. They would finish the job next turn. The rest of the game is cleanup for the daemons.

I destroyed everything but 1 squad of Bloodcrushers, 1 Herald and 2 squads of Plaguebearers for 8KP's.

He wiped out everything except 1 squad of Long Fangs, the Land Raider Crusader, Rune Priest Loki and 1 squad of Grey Hunters for 13KP's.

Victory to Chaos Daemons!

Post-game Analysis:
    Just couldn't get the job done this time around. Jaws wasn't terribly effective and his surrounding of my immobilised LRC, thus preventing Ragnar from disembarking, really hurt me. This was unacceptable and I demanded a rematch, thus we go to Game 2.
    Last edited by jy2; February 17th, 2010 at 04:29.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

TEASER ALERT!!!

Just had 2 'Ard Boyz battles against a very tough Imperial Guard army - The 87th Airbourne.

His list:

Company Command Squad - 4x Meltaguns, Astropath

Inquisitor - Emperor's Tarot, 3x Warriors w/3x Plasmaguns

Veteran Squad - 3x Meltaguns

2x Vendettas w/2x Heavy Bolters each

2x Leman Russ Demolishers - 2x Lascannons
    2x Leman Russ Demolishers - 1x Lascannon
    2x Collossus - 2x Cammo Nettings

Batreps coming soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cant wait to read the Airborne batreps since i run an army similar to that, good 1st one even if it was just a summary.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

GAME 2

Basically, I asked for a rematch and we both used the exact same list as our first game. I've learned a little from the 1st game (such as how best to use mech against an army with little anti-tank) and hopefully this will give me the edge I need.

Unfortunately, I can't really find my notes for this game anymore so this summary will be even more brief than the Game 1.

Mission: Annihilation (again)
    Deployment: Pitched Battle
    Initiative: Daemons win and opt to go 2nd.

Summary:
    I deploy in a line from left to right: lascannon-LF's, GH's, plasma-LF's, Ragnar, more GH's, lascannon-LF's. He rolls but gets the 2nd wave of daemons (his "weak" wave). I let him re-roll though, as I wanted the challenge of facing his daemons full strength. Sure enough, the 1st wave comes in after the re-roll.

His first wave:

Fateweaver
    Bloodcrushers + Herald (Icon)
    Bloodcrushers
    Soul Grinder
    Soul Grinder

This time I get Fateweaver (and a few BC's) with my Jaws on turn 2. With that, and also by using my rhinos & LRC as walls while moving more than 6" and disembarking my RP's behind them so that they can use their powers (at the same time, his BC's couldn't get to them unless they wrecked my rhinos first), I really limited his mobility and controlled the action.

I wiped out all his bloodcrushers, heralds, bloodletters and soulgrinders by turn 4. On turn 5, all he had left were his 2 units of plaguebearers which he had deepstriked away from the action and I was going after them and would have likely tabled him so he conceded.

I don't recall exactly what I had left but it was probably about half my army still, including Ragnar, the LRC, 1-2 RP's, 3-4 squads and 1 squad of LF's.

Victory to Space Wolves!
    Last edited by jy2; February 17th, 2010 at 20:07.

This is for the haters... CrownAxe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Isn't Fatweaver immune to Jaws because it is Jump Infantry?

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

No, he's not because he's still a monstrous creature. I know, it doesn't really make sense. Same reason why jetbikes aren't immune, because they're a subclass of bikes. GW's logic...go figure.

+ Reply to Thread