Alpha Legion Vs. Space Marines 2k - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Alpha Legion Vs. Space Marines 2k

Lord Adras sat passively in his command throne aboard the Gamma. His ship had been idling in the warp for what felt like weeks, waiting for the right opportunity to attack. The door opened with a hiss as an Alpha Legion lieutenant entered the bridge. “
    Sir,” he stated, “We have received reports of an Astartes recovery operation on Kasith. The objects they appear to be recovering are a sizable weapons cache and an old Chaos beacon. The beacon design is unknown, but is believed to be used by one of the Traitor Legions.” Adras nodded silently, taking in the information.
    “What Astartes chapter is recovering the beacon?” he asked, silently hoping it to be the hated sons of Guilliman.
    “Their heraldry and colors show them to be of the Immortals chapter.”
    Adras smiled slightly, the successors of Dorn were almost as suitable for defeat as Guilliman’s heirs. He turned and nodded to his lieutenant.
    “Prepare the Thunderhawks and rouse the men.”

Alpha Legion Task Force Broadscale (2000 points)
    Chaos Lord
    Terminator Armor, Combi Melta, Daemon Weapon
    4 Chaos Space Marine Terminators
    1 Chain Fist, 1 Heavy Flamer, 1 pair lightning claws, 1 combi-flamer
    4 Chaos Space Marine Terminators
    1 Powerfist, 3 combi-plasma guns, heavy flamer
    10 chaos space marines
    Aspiring Champion with Power Fist and Combi Melta, 2 meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory
    Chaos Space Marine Rhino
    Combi Melta, Extra Armor
    10 chaos space marines
    Aspiring Champion with Power Fist and Combi Melta, 2 plasmaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory
    Chaos Space Marine Rhino
    Combi Melta, Extra Armor
    10 chaos space marines
    Aspiring Champion with Power Fist and Combi Melta, 2 flamers, Icon of Chaos Glory
    Chaos Space Marine Rhino
    Combi Melta, Extra Armor
    10 chaos space marines
    Aspiring Champion with Power Fist and Combi Melta, 2 meltaguns, Icon of Chaos Glory
    Chaos Space Marine Rhino
    Combi Melta, Extra Armor
    2 Obliterators
    Chaos Space Marine Land Raider (dedicated transport)
    Pintle-mounted Havoc Launcher
    2000 points.

Immortals Chapter Recovery Force (2k points) (from memory, don't know points value)

Darnath Lysander

Pedro Kantor

8 Sternguard
    combi meltas (dont remember number, probably around 3)

Dreadnought
    Assault cannon

Dreadnought
    Multimelta, Drop Pod

10 Tactical Marines
    Meltagun, Plasma Cannon, Combi Melta, Rhino

10 Tactical Marines
    Flamer, Missile Launcher, Rhino

10 Scouts
    All sniper rifles

Land Raider

Deployment: Mission Type Capture and Control, Deployment Spearhead. Black are Objectives, Blue vehicles are Alpha Legion, Red Vehicles are Immortals. He placed a combat squad with a plasma cannon in the forest on his objective, and infiltrated his scouts into the bottom right ruin, and placed an assault cannon dreadnought behind the forest to the north.

Pre Game Thoughts: I know that drop pod is going to try to get my transports right off the bat, but he’ll probably put it behind the vehicles in my deployment zone to force me to draw troops back to fight it. As far as winning, my best chance is to turn the upper channel into a horrible quagmire, while my melta and flamer rhinos run through the openings and clear out the scouts and the combat squad on the objective. As long as I can keep his troops busy or dead, I can capture his objective, and run a rhino back to mine to win 2-0.

Turn 1: His drop pod lands in the middle clearing in the center of the board, making the small opening on my side of the board the only empty route to his objective. His dreadnought shoots the multi-melta at my land raider, taking a lascannon. His land raider fires a lascannon at my plasma rhino, wrecking it and effectively trapping my land raider for a turn. He then uses power of the machine spirit to shoot his heavy bolter at my troops, but none are killed.

My turn, My melta and flamer rhinos on the bottom side move to within 6” of the dreadnought and fire their combi meltas, exploding it. My other melta rhino moves up and pops smoke, and my land raider moves around and fires one lascannon at his land raider, but misses. My plasma squad attempts to move into the area terrain, but falls short on its difficult terrain test. It then fires at the nearest rhino, but fails to penetrate.

Turn 2: Reserves: His assault marines do not come in. His land raider moves forward 6”, disgorging the sternguard squad led by Kantor, and Lysander by himself. His land raider also fires a lascannon at my melta rhino, exploding it. One is killed in the explosion, and a further two is killed after the Assault Cannon dread fires at them. The tactical squad in the rhino fires at the plasma squad, killing three. Lysander Charges my plasma squad, and Kantor’s sternguard charge my melta squad. Lysander kills four, and the squad flees. Lysander consolidates into the tactical squad. Kantor’s squad kills four, and my CSM kill one. This squad passes it’s morale test.

My Turn: Termicide is in, Obliterators are not. Termicide comes in 6” from the icon locked in combat. My land raider moves 6” and my Chaos Lord and his Terminators exit within charge range of the melta squad combat. My two southern rhinos move forward 12” along the board edge, and both pop smoke. The Karmoon Special squad fires its three combi plasmas at Lysander, and roll a staggering four ones. One terminator dies to gets hot. The lone hit gets cover saved. My land raider also fires a lascannon at the assault cannon dread. Assault phase, my chaos lord’s group charges Kantor’s group and I roll a 5 for my daemon weapon. With Kantor as the only survivor, he elects to break combat, but not before killing my CSM squad’s champion and last remaining meltagun. He makes his initiative test, and he flees 6”, and my Chaos Lord consolidates 4” to the western wall. My icon bearer (the only survivor) consolidates 6” to behind the land raider.

Turn 3: His assault squad is in, and lands near the assault cannon dread. Kantor, who is within 6” of my remaining termicide dreads, flees a further 5”. Lysander’s squad moves forward, and his northern rhino moves 3” through difficult terrain. His scouts fire at my rhinos, but fail to cause any damage. His objective holders also fire their plasma cannon at my southern rhinos, but the shot scatters off the board. His Assault Cannon Dread moves forward and fires at my Karmoon terminators, killing one. Lysander’s squad also fires at them, but to no effect. His assault squad fires bolt pistols at my Chaos Lord’s Terminators, killing one. No assaults.

My Turn: Obliterators still not in, My land raider moves up 6” and fires its havoc launcher at Lysander’s squad, killing three. The lone Icon Bearer moves towards my objective. My Chaos Lord and his squad moves up 4” through difficult terrain, and shoot the assault marines, killing two. My southern rhinos move to the ruin, with the flamer squad disembarking and shooting the scouts, killing three. My Karmoon terminators shoot and assault the fleeing Kantor, killing him.

Turn 4: Lysander attempts to assault the land raider, the assault cannon dread moves to assault my Chaos Lord, and the assault marines move in to assault my Karmoon terminators. Shooting sees zero casualties. The assault cannon dread attacks my Chaos lord’s group, killing one and causing them to fail their morale test. The group escapes, and flees 8” toward the southern board edge. The assault marines shoot at the terminators, causing no damage, but killing one in the assault. The terminators also kill one, tying combat. Lysander charges the land raider, failing to land a single hit.

My Turn: Obliterators are in! They land within 6” of my flamer squad, within heavy flamer range of the scouts holed up there. My melta squad’s rhino moves to the enemy objective and they disembark and fire, killing three marines. The remaining marines flee 3.” The obliterators heavy flamer the scouts, killing four, and the flamer squad fires its flamers and bolt pistols, killing two. The Rhino’s bolter shoots the remaining scout, killing him. My icon bearer makes it to my objective. My Land Raider moves backward 6” and fires the havoc launcher again, killing two.

Turn 5: The fleeing combat squad is within 6” of my squad, so they flee a further 5”. Lysander’s squad embarks into his land raider, and moves toward his objective. The remaining rhino also moves toward his objective. Shooting sees no casualties. No assaults.

My turn: the melta squad’s rhino moves to within 6” of his fleeing squad, basically ensuring they will be off the board next turn. My flamer squad reenters their rhino, which moves 12” back towards my objective. My obliterators move 6” and fire lascannons at the land raider, shaking it. My Melta squad moves up 6” and fires on the combat squad’s rhino, exploding it and killing two. They attempt to assault, but are just out of range.
    The game goes on to turn 6.

Turn 6: The fleeing combat squad runs off the table. The land raider moves toward the obliterators and Lysander and squad disembark, and assault the obliterators, killing them both. The combat squad fires its bolt pistol, meltagun, and combi melta, killing one chaos marine. The combat squad assaults, losing one and killing none, losing the combat. However, they remain in place.

My turn: My rhino moves up and my flamer squad disembarks to shoot at Lysander’s squad. My empty rhino moves to block Lysander from being able to contest the objective. Shooting kills two marines. My melta squad finishes off the combat squad and consolidates into the objective. My chaos lord and remaining terminators move towards Lysander’s group.
    The game goes to turn 7.

Turn 7: Lysander’s squad attempts to destroy the rhino blocking their path, but cause no damage. His turn ends, and I shoot at Lysander’s squad once before ending my turn (the shooting killed none).

Result: Chaos Victory (1-0 ).

Post Game thoughts: Not quite according to plan, but my strategy of keeping him busy in the middle worked nicely. He made a few mistakes, and had a decent bit of bad luck with rolls, but it was still a very close game until turn four. I believe that he severely overestimated my chaos lord, citing him, his daemon weapon and his combi-melta as the reason his assault squad and assault cannon dreadnought made no attempt to move into my deployment zone. I definitely learned something about assuming that lanes will stay open when his drop pod came crashing down where I had planned to move my land raider. All in all, a very fun game. I will scratch out a MSpaint image showing what the battlefield and deployment looked like, so it will be a bit clearer.

Adras looked around at the scene. Both the beacon and the cache were secure, and the Immortals had sounded a full retreat. He allowed himself to smile a bit as he surveyed the bodies dotting the icy landscape. He then voxed the Gamma. “The items are secure and the enemy is fleeing. Send the thunderhawks back in, and bring the apothecaries.”

How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hope this works

Legend:
    Blue=Alpha Legion
    Red=Immortals
    White=Hills
    Green=Trees
    Grey Circle= Ruin area terrain
    Grey Block= Barricade

Vehicle Designations:
    M=Melta
    F=Flamer
    P=Plasma
    LR=Land Raider
    Last edited by oniwakamaru; February 20th, 2010 at 06:41. Reason: forgot legend.
    How Did This Get Here I Am Not Good With Computer

+ Reply to Thread