1850 Tyranids take on Space Marines Tourney (Adepticon) - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1850 Tyranids take on Space Marines Tourney (Adepticon)

Hey People,
    Last weekend I played in an Adepticon style tourney and I brought my Tyranid list. First time trying out the new Codex so I had no idea what it would play like. I got lucky for my enemy picks because there were 6 other Nid players there and I never played any of them. The other opponents were Tau and Imperial Guard.

So, on to the battle report. First one was against green painted Space Marines (but not Salamanders or Dark Angels)

My List:
    HQ
    Hive Tyrant
    Heavy Venom Cannon
    Hive Commander

Elites
    2X Zoanthropes
    2X Hive Guard
    5X Ymgarl Genestealers

Troops
    16 Termagaunts
    15 Termagaunts

Tervigon
    Catalyst
    Toxin Sacs

Tervigon
    Catalyst
    Toxin Sacs

Fast Attack
    3X Shrikes
    Bone Sword Lash Whip
    Toxin Sacs

3X Shrikes
    Bone Sword Lash Whip
    Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support
    Trygon Prime
    Trygon

His List: (Don't know the FOC breakdown)

Captain
    Bike
    Relic Weapon
    Iron Halo

8 Bikers
    Attack Bike

Tactical Squad
    Rhino
    Plasma Cannon

Tactical Sqaud
    Rhino
    Multi Melta

Tactical Squad
    Razorback with Lascannon

Venerable Dreadnought
    Plasma Cannon

Venerable Dreadnought
    Autocannon

2X Land Speeders
    Missile Launchers Heavy Bolters

Predator
    Auto Cannon
    Lascannon sponsons

Predator
    Auto Cannon
    Lascannon Sponsons

Vindicator
    Pintle Mounted Storm Bolter

Except for the captain and the bikers the whole army stayed in vehicles almost all game.

The mission was annihilation with extra points for wiping out Troops, Elites, Fast attack, and Heavy Support

Deployment:
    I'll describe the terrain that played any part in the game. On my side there were a smattering of trees that played no part in the game. On his side on the far left (from my perspective) There was a small terraced hill that we decided was difficult terrain. The center had an about 2ft by 2ft forest. He won the roll and decided to deploy first and go first. He placed his Dreadnoughts on the terraced hill, his Predators to the right of the hill, and the land speeder squadron on the left of the hill. One Rhino went behind the hill with the bikers. In the far right corner he put the other Rhino, the Razorback, and the Vindicator.

My Setup:
    I put my Tyrant, Hive Guard and Zoanthropes on the left. The Tervigons and the Gaunts in the middle left. The Shrikes went in the middle of the deployment zone staying behind the big forest. The Trygons and Ymgarls stayed in reserve.

First Turn.
    He went first as I failed to steal initiative. Most of his army stayed put in the movement phase. The bikers boosted around into the big forest and the captain took a wound from the terrain test. In the shooting phase the Predators shot the Hive guard and killed one. The land speeders shot the zoanthropes and only managed to wound with 2 heavy bolter shots. The Zoanthropes promptly failed their saves and one died. Everything else was either saved or failed to wound.

Tyranid First Turn:
    The Shrikes moves up to the edge of the big forest. The Tyrant, Zoanthropes and Hive guard moved toward the Dreadnoughts. The gaunts and the tervigons moved forward. The Tervigons spawned 12 and 8 gaunts with one losing the ability. The Tyrant shot at the Predators and took a Lascannon sponson off of one. The Zoanthropes shot at the Land Speeders and took the Missile launcher off of one. The Hive Guard shot the Plasma Dreadnought and stunned it. No combat.

Kill Points: T 0/ SM 0

Space Marine Second Turn:
    The bikers moved through the woods and got into charge range of the gaunts. Everything on the right flank moved towards the woods in the center. The predators shot at the Hive tyrant and took a wound off. The Land speeders shot the Zoanthrope and killed it. (Note: The land speeders only hit with 4 Heavy bolter shots the whole game and these killed the 2 Zoanthropes) Everything else missed. The BIkers charged the gaunts and the captain split off to charge another squad of gaunts. The bikers kiled all the gaunts but 1 with attacks and Combat Resolution. The Captain killed 3 gaunts and took a wound himself.

Tyranid Second Turn:
    The Tyrant and Hive guard moved towards the dreadnoughts. The Shrikes moved up to charge the bikers, no casualties on the Difficult terrain test. The Tervigons moved up with the gaunts to surround the captain. The genestealers showed up behind the bikers and moved to charge. The remaining spawnable tervigon spawned 8 Gaunts and lost its ability. In the shooting phase the tyrant shook a predator and the hive guard blew up a Land speeder. The Trygon Prime DS'd next to the vindicator. The Trygon DS'd in front of the Predators. The Trygon Prime shot the treads off of the Vindicator. (Immobilized) The Shrikes and the Stealers charged the Bikers. The gaunts charged the Captain. The gaunts were in range of the tervigon so they all had poison attacks. The captain whiffed his attacks and was torn apart by the gaunts. The Shrikes and the Genestealers and the bikers all struck simultaneously because of the terrain and the lash whips. The Gaunt struck first and did no damage. The Bikers killed the gaunt. Then the bikers were slaughtered by the Shrikes and Stealers. The Stealers moved towards the vindicator and the Shrikes moved towards the Predators.

Kill Points: T 2/ SM 1

Space Marine Turn 3:
    The Razorback and the Rhino on the right flank moved to the back of the Big Forest. The Dreadnoughts came down off of the hill. the Left Rhino came out from behind the hill and unloaded the Marines. In the shooting phase the Predators took two wounds off of the Trygon. The Marines shot at the Hive tyrant which saved. The Plasma Dreadnought shot the Tyrant and caused a wound. The Autocannon Dreadnought shot the Shrikes but they saved with cover saves. The Land Speeder whiffed. The Vindicator scattered off of its target. The Razorback shot at the stealers in the woods and they saved with cover. No combat.

Tyranid Turn 3:
    The Trygon Moved into charge range of the Predators. The Trygon Prime moved up towards the Vindicator. The Stealers moved up on the flank of the vindicator. The gaunts milled around in the big forest. The shrikes moved up to assault range of the marines on the left flank. The hive tyrant moved to charge the Plasma Dreadnought. The Trygon Prime shot the vindicator and removed its main gun. The Hive Tyrant shook the Plasma Dreadnought (Darn Venerable). The Hive Guard shook the other dreadnought. In the assault phase the Tyrant charged the Plasma Dread. The Trygon charged the Predator which had already lost one Lascannon. The stealers charged the Vindicator and one squad of Shrikes charged the Marines. The Trygon Prime was just out of charge range of the Vindicator. The Tyrant whiffed and shook the Dreadnought again and the dread did a wound back to it, leaving the tyrant with only 1 wound. The Shrikes killed 8 marines and took no wounds back. The Trygon destroyed the Predator. The Stealers Destroyed the Vindicator.

Kill Points: T 4/ SM 1

Space Marine Turn 4:
    The Autocannon Dreadnought moved down into charge range of the shrikes. The marines on the right flank finally unloaded to shoot the Stealers. The Land Speeder moved to shoot at the Hive Guard. The Land Speeder whiffed its shots. The Remaining Predator shot the Hive guard and killed it. The Marines whiffed their shots and only killed one stealer. In combat the Tyrant destroyed the Plasma Dread. The Shrikes killed the rest of the Marines but were charged and squished by the Autocannon dread.

Tyranid Turn 4:
    The Trygon Prime moved up to charge one of the rhinos. The Stealers moved back into the woods. The Trygon moved up to charge the other Predator. The Tyrant moved to charge the other Dread. The other shrike squad moved to attack the land speeder. The Tyrants shot went wide. The Tervigons both fired their spine bursts at the Land Speeder and immobilized it. The Trygon Prime shot the Rhino and immobilized it. In combat the Tyrant charged the dreadnought. The Trygon charged the predator. The Trygon Prime charged the rhino. The Trygons both destroyed their targets. The tyrant took an arm off but failed to save against the dread and was slain.

Kill Points: T 8/ SM 4

Final Score:
    Tyranids 8
    Space Marines 4

I also got some points for killing stuff but I don't remember what exactly. At the end of the battle I realized that I had never used my catalyst power. This is just one of three battles and I will post up the other two battle reports later this week.
    Thanks,
    Aounfather

I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good report, easy to read, keep posting those battle reports and congratulations on the win!
    BEST ARMY APPEARANCE AND OVERALL WINNER OF A LOCAL GW RTT (29-7-06) GODZILLA/CHOIR 2K ARMY LIST

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks! I was worried it didn't flow so I'm glad you found it easy to read. Next one will be up tomorrow hopefully!
    I dream of a day when a chicken can cross the road without anyone questioning its intentions.

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Kudos and very brave of you to bring an untested, inexperienced army to a tourney. Guess better to do it here than at the real Adepticon.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

+ Reply to Thread