My 2500 'Ard Boys Necrons: RESULTS DARK ANGELS! - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My 2500 'Ard Boys Necrons: RESULTS DARK ANGELS!

Ok, to know my army, please go to
    http://www.librarium-online.com/foru...s-results.html (My 2500 'Ard Boys Necrons: RESULTS)

Now, the Dark Angels player was one of the better players that came to this torunament. he was in first, i was in second, and it was the final round. Either of us could be lower than 3rd depending on how well we did. i really wanted to go to GenCon, So i was determined that i was not going home!

Dark Angels Army:
    from what i saw, and killed:
    3 squads of 2 land speeders. each squad was built similar, 1 had a melta gun, the other had a heavy bolter and plasma gun.
    2 squads of 5 terminators, 1 squad is regular with bolter things, the other squad has lightning claws.

1 landraider redeemer (HUGE threat to necron warriors and my phase out!)
    1 close combat dreadnaught with a melta gun (i think it was)
    1 support dread with missile and heavy boler (i think)
    3 tactical squads
    1 tactical squad with heavy plasma gun weapons. (the str 7 ap2 blast things)
    Librarian.

this was kinda scary, in this round, anything that could move more than 6" in ANY phase was worth 3 battle points! (lucky me, he had 3 squads of speeders, so thats 9 points easy there.) GAMETYPE:Annihilation

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
    BEGIN
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DA deployes first, he basically lines everything up. landspeeders in the corners, landraider in the middle, dreads to the right, land speeders behind the land raider, lightning claw termies inside the raider, his heavy hitting tac squad with plasma hiding in trees, and other tac squads were just off to the right. librarian accompianied the land raider on foot.

my setup, i deploy 1 monolith and nightbringer right dead center of the land raider. i want that dead before it can roast my necrons. (str6, AP3...not friendly! >.<)
    my pariahs and 1 squad of warriors are folling the monolith and NB, for some anti infantry

2 squads of warriors and my devistatingly fast destroyers set up on my left side. i set the warriors as close to cover as i can get them. (which is about 2 inches away) the destroyers are put next to them and are ready to get over to the enemy.

on the right side of my table, i have a monolith and 1 squad of warriors set up in the middle of the right table half, they will try to push through the flanks of easy to kill marines, and my wraiths are setup on the very right with scarabs following. their goal is the land speeders hiding in the corner. there is currently a mountain seperating the wraiths and speeders, but there is a tiny gap the scarabs can get through.

------------------------------------------------------------------
    FIGHT!
    ------------------------------------------------------------------
    NECRONS SEIZE INITIATIVE!
    on the left side of the field, destroyers advance enough to stay hidden behind the tree cover, but can see the landspeeders clear as day hiding in the corner. PERFECT! . The warriors next to the destroyers roll for moving into cover. squad 1 is moving 6 inches in, and squad 2 is moving 3 inches in. they are both now inside the tree line. Good for me.

Monolith in the middle advances, in its advance, it crushes a TREE! (oops? lol ) the tree does not immobilize the monolith, it is just fine! nightbringer, pariahs and the squad of warriors advance.

monolith 2 and the squad of warriors advance as well. warriors careful to stay behind the monolith.

Wraiths and scarabs TURBO! scarabs make it through the mountain after some serious loss in land, and the wraiths phase through, ending up right next to the speeders. i am a good 16' away from my opponet, but he knows that i still can not assult because i turbo boosted.

SHOOTING, turn 1!

Destroyers light up the squad on the left, 15 shots, 5 penetrating, and 2 glance, seems pretty good from here!...WEP DESTROYED...x3!, then....CANT MOVE! CANT MOVE, CANT MOVE!...wtf. The speeders have NO weapons, and can not do anything. lol, well, not much of a threat.
    2 warrior squads behind the destroyers do nothing.
    monolith particle whips that raider!...NADA!
    Nightbringer's turn...take out the raider!....or not!

Mono #2 blasts a whip to a tac squad. 4 die, 1 remains....damn!
    nothing else that i can do...end turn.

------------------------------
    DA
    ------------------------------
    everything advances, his speeders near my wraiths move a little out of the way, cautious not to get near my monolith.

for now, all eh can do is shoot my warriors that are in cover.he pops 4 plasma cannon shots into my squad in cover, 1 guy melts himself! and BAM, a lot of failed cover, and 9 go down! 1 remains in that squad. funnier than hell. he is testing LOS for his supporting dred, he wants to take that 1 unit down, but does not want to risk being too far from that single unit, so he takes shots at the unit next to that. a missile pod, and bolter. 2 go down. landraider heavy bolter attacks the NB, and sad enough, he takes a wound.land speeders in the right corner react to the wraiths, and they take 1 out with a rending shot from his bolter thingy on the bottom gun. then another dies from a plasma cannon thing.

i removed my wraith that got hit with plaasma cannon without remembering that it was not double my toughness to deny WBB....OOPS. i kinda cheated myself (i caught this on turn 3...lol)

TURN 2!
    i start rolling WBB saves. the wraith that i did not accidentally remove came back to life,
    and NOW...DRUMROLL......
    God had to of been on my side for this, Those 9 warriors that died from the plasma gun things....PASSED ALL BUT 2 WBB ROLLS....

7 warriors raise from their graves, and say....RAWR! you must DIEEE!!!! (Dreads say, "AYEEE OH NOES!" El oh El)
    The necron advancement continues, destroyers land where the land speeders are at, they are now point blank. warriors keep advancing through the forest. they make 1 inch each....very pooor rolls.

middle monolith moves a wee bit upward and parks in between a rock and a small forest. this will let the pariahs and warriors move out and start working on the tac squads and advancing termies and librarian.

Mono number 2 starts advancing to the side of the land raider. warriors following about 5 inches back to avoid explosions

wraiths start chasing the speeders. and they catch up, as do the scarabs.

during shooting, the landraider takes a blast from my monolith...ITS A PENETRATE!....AP1, 5!...6! EXPLODES! WOOT! termies are fine, so is everything next to it. all is well for the marines.....or so they think..

Destroyers shoot at a tactical squad just a little away from them....and only kills 1 unit. >.<

mono number 2 plants a blast on another squad of tactical marines. it scatters. FRICKIN IRONY:it lands on top of the last guy of the other squad it just obliderated.....

he dies!

Pariahs are able to shoot and assult a tactical squad, they do! during shooting, 3 die, and in assult, the lord goes first, he takes out 2 more, they take out 1 pariahs (wtf?) and they pariahs finish them off. consolodate D6, i end up 6 inches closer to the librarian and termies!

the wraiths chase down the speeders and get into close combat.
    THIS IS FUNNY...the wraiths do not like these speeders...they beat the hell out of them.....and take ALL OF THE WEAPONS OFF! AGAIN! unfortunately, i dont immobilize them or stop them for a turn, so they can run...

Scarabs just arent close enough.

to put this simply, the DA go, try poping more of my necrons, trying to force a phase out, but my cover saves work well to my advantage. he now has 2 squads of 2 land speeders (4 total) with NO WEAPONS, running to the middleof the board hiding. he is running out of fire power, and he knows it.

he starts running his termies to my second monolith to take out my troops over there. he succedes and takes out 1 squad of my warriors. (with a librarian, termies, and a tac squad.... lol, fun.

what he has not seen me fire is my gauss arc, and of course it does nothing to their friggen high armor.

my turn comes around again, and the destroyers take off the weps of the OTHER land speeders........at this point, im like WTF!!! it was such BULL! that it was funny! by now, the wraiths have caught up with the librarian!

librarian totally fails vs wraiths lets put it that way. Pariahs have another assult. they are able to reach another tactical squad and one of his IC's (another HQ guy, dunno who he is). So i multi combat them. lord vs his HQ, my lord went first, and did 2 wounds, i split the attacks off and took 2 pariahs to the HQ, and the other 5 (remember, 1 died) went for the marines. they were both obliterated!

consolidate another D6....5 inches, getting closer to those termies!

at this point, my opponet is getting really pissy, he has only killed 1 squad of warriros, and i have killed a lot of his things.he starts throwing dreads and everything at the squads hiding in trees. he knnows hes going to lose. but he wants second place to say the least. again, the trees start glowing.

3 necron warriors die from all the plasma and dread flamer, i pull units away from the dread so that it does not have a chance to get me.out of all that fire, he still can not even get me to fail my leadership.

with nothing mroe to fire, and nothing to assult, he is done.

This is basically the end. my monolith plants a big one on his support fire dread, and it wrecks. another mono finishes 1 squad of speeders.

wraiths stand by,

pariahs get into assult with regular termies. the result:i win. with 2 deaths in my pariahs, and 1 wound on my lord.

the warriors in the trees do not make their WBB rolls. not a single 1 of the 3. but the other squad is still nearby, and both are in rapid fire range. they take out all the weps.

destroyers rape the ass end of the dread that the warriors were unable to kill. dread is gone.

everything of his runs...

basically, the last turn is spent catching his speeders and assulting his termies.

the assult looked pretty grim. i had 1 pariah left, and my lord had 2 wounds. we tied assult, 4 - 4. he had 1 termie left....LIGHTNING FIELD...you think...big deal, 2+ armor FTW!.....NOT! The termie failed the 4 2+ saves! and fried! (yea, i was like....WOW)

he was totally out, no units left and it was turn 5!

The results were very bad....i had 2500 Kp, and he ended up with 190 KP of mine

remember that he was in first place at the beginning of this, and when the results came out........he was in..................4TH!

i beat him so bad that he fell to 4th place.

i really felt aweful about that because he deserved to go to the next up. he was a good player. but had no luck on necrons at all.

Hope you enjoy!!!!

Necrons and Tau
    Necrons - W5 D0 L0
    Tau - W18 D2 L4

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    80 (x1)

Quote Originally Posted by KizzyPop View Post
    destroyers rape the ass end of the dread...
    So is that the battle report quote of the week or what? Congratulations on the win. But I have to say the odds were in your favor as all those squads of Land speeders were worth 3 KPs each.
    Reese's Space Marine and Tyranid WIP Thread: Warp Masters and Friends

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    44 (x1)

and you forgot, that a vehicle in a squadron that gets an immobillized result counts as destroyed, but counts a crew stunned result as a crew shaken instead

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Im sure that is only if they have moved? Had they moved??

Also all those Weapons destroyed should have turned in to immobilised if he ran out of weapons and then destroyed
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Formerly Prince of Excess EmoJosh's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    368 (x8)

No vehicle squads always get Wrecked off an Immobilized, it's one of the drawbacks. Quite a large one actually.
    Check my Blog for Battle Reports, useless ranting and more! Comments appreciated.
    Like to talk Warhammer or want some advice on Armies or Tactics? Drop me a PM!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    337 (x6)

'Fraid so Raf, its one of the reason why I split up my Sents and one of my russes in that last game against you. In a squadron you are less susceptible to light fire, but heavy fire is a lot more dangerous. Not such an issue for a piranha or land speeder squadron where immobilised would often kill them anyway, but a pain for tanks, who I don't think GW had in mind when they were writing the rules. You may be getting confused with the rule that makes a skimmer crash if it is immobilised after having moved fast the last turn (for a long time most squadrons were also skimmers... then codex IG came along and its become necessary to separate the rule sin our heads ;-) )

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Yeh it was that game where i moved a LSpeeder on top on the building in the middle
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

+ Reply to Thread