Librarium Online Forums banner

battle report from Tau+necs vs nids + SW

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  praxis 
#1 · (Edited)
from the poll it was a mixed view on who people thought would win, early people went with the new codexes then others with with the old codexs with the better builds.
see here for army builds and make a prediction:
http://www.librarium-online.com/forums/40k-battle-reports/196061-tau-necs-vs-nids-space-wolves.html

Match report:
[FONT=&quot]Mission: annihilation (Kill points) with spearhead. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We role off and NIDS/SW win and go first. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS + SW SET UP[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]They set up with nids as far forward as possible and SW heading more for the centre + bikes going down our side of the board. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NECS+ TAU set up[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We castle in the corner with the mono blocking the middle – broads and destroyers on the hill + DF blocking them – we then have FA necs ready to shoot out to delay anything that comes close, warriors either side of mono with lord hiding behind mono with orb – Battlesuits set up to protect from fire but just behind the mono to jump out and shoot. Pathfinders just before the top of the hill so they can shoot over it but get the cover save. Kroot + scarabs are spread out to block deep striking. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Infiltrate – Genestealers come on 18” from our army towards the 2 corners neither side started in.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS + SW turn 1 – everything moves forward (+running) with bikes moving down to our board edge next to one squad of genestealers. Pred shoots at mono and hits but no damage. bikes shoots half a kroot squad down but they pass LD check. Dread shoots a destroy down (he will get back up). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Necs + TAU turn 1- mono + warriors+ lord move forward and each squad rapid fires ternagaunts + Hornaguants with help from my HQ + Touch squads. My DF moves to block the path over the hill. Hammerhead fails to kill pred whilst broadsides shake/stun one rhino and kill vindicator. Remaining Battlesuits shoot down one of the gene stealers squads, the broodlord in this squad survives. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS/SW 0 , NECS/TAU 1[/FONT]

Green Blue Urban design Toy Engineering

[FONT=&quot]NIDS + SW turn 2 – NIDS get deathleaper + a raverness squad + Gargoyles. All are place attacking us along the short board to our side with Gargoyles behind the building, raverness scattering on to the edge of building and deathleaper about 2” from our scarabs. Gargoyles shoot at Wraith instead of running to spread, Raverness also shoot but at my HQ+ torch suits – but do only 1 wound to the HQ. Broodlord then charges and kills the wraith who are in the building. Pred lascannon misses but its missile takes the main weapon off my hammerhead . His dread kills 1 destroyer. His remaining horn’s and Tern’s charge at the two warrior squads. Bikes charge in and join Horn’s against a warriors squad. The nids take loses but pass all LD test they take this turn. SW veh move forward and pop smoke again (but not the rhino that fired a missile). 1 squad of troops get out of a rhino, his genestealers kill the DF but not before taking deaths from Flet dischargers, firewarriors get out.
[/FONT]

Green World Toy Table Urban design

[FONT=&quot]Necs + TAU turn 2 – All necs get back up, with use of markerlights my kroot rapid fire the deathleaper, then finished off with HQ fireknife squad. HQ with torch turn on the gargoyles and raverness. The AFP on HQ and CIB kill all but a couple of the gargoyles whilst the flamers on touch squad with immortals kill of raverness. The Mono fires and does damage with normal weapon but misses with main weapon. Scarabs charge the broodlord and kill it. Battle suit squad (FK) shoots the second rhino and the broadsides kill the immobilise rhino that FK failed to hurt. Fire warriors + Kroot kill off all but 1 of the gene’s that killed the DF.[/FONT]

Product World Toy Urban design Recreation
[FONT=&quot] [/FONT] Motor vehicle Automotive tire Grass Toy Vehicle

[FONT=&quot]NIDS/SW 2 , NECS/TAU 5[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS + SW turn 3 – The hand to hand battles in the middle continue with the SW HQ charges in to join tern’s in CC. SW remaining veh move forward and the troops get out . Lictors deep strike on the other side of the hill where DF had gone. SW move an empty Rhino moving infront of lictors protecting them. Remain gargoyle joins tern’s in CC. SW troops move towards cover behind my DF. His pred fires at one of my battlesuit team but the SD save them from instant death. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Necs + TAU turn 3- Tau battle suits shoot down some more of the nid Warriors whist the other battlesuits take the Sw squad that moved towards the Df down to 2 men. Broadsides kill dread and take main weapon (las + tl-plasma) of black razorback. Destroyers shot at licotrs who were getting cover still from the rhino after the HQ Fireknifes failed to take down the rhino. Scarabs turbo boost infront of the mono to make a line between the mono and the CC action and reinforcements from SW and NIDs. In CC the horn’s die but the bikes continue to kill warriors (behind the mono) and the immortals and warriors kill of the tern’s. The SW HQ was fearless so as his side lost again he had to take 4 wounds and didn’t save them this time so died without even being hit. (we had to double check rules on this but it states side not unit). [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS/SW 2 , NECS/TAU 8[/FONT]

Green Toy Urban design Recreation Terrestrial plant

[FONT=&quot]Turn 4 NIDS + SW: SW rhino runs to save KP whilst the remaining raverness DS. The SW in the middle shoot then assault the scarabs whilst the nid warriors shoot the warriors. The bikes kill and break the warriors on the other side but 1 of the warriors who died in combat gets up as his within 6” of lord – the ones who flee die without WBB. The 2 SW near my DF kill of my firewarriors. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]TURN 4 NECs and Tau. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Broads and destroyers move back to get away from the CC whilst the broads instant death one of the lictors. The torch squad shoot one of the SW squads that killed the sarabs, killing all but 2 with flamers whilst the HQ and my other HQ shoot most of the bikes dead. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Mono and other suit squad try to reduce the nid warriors whilst the nec warriors retreat backwards to protect from phase out. We move the 1 surviving warrior from the squad killed by the bikes so he stood between the mono and the rock face. Meaning the bikes had to go through him (as would be within an 1”) to get to the warriors or suits. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS/SW 4 , NECS/TAU 9
[/FONT]

Green Toy Urban design Grass Collectable

[FONT=&quot]Turn 5 Nids and SW. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The raverness attack my broadside in CC but draw ( they take a wound but kill the SD) whist the lector fails to kill my hammerhead (without the railgun). The bikes kill the 1 warrior but are annoyed they don’t get to touch the suits. The SW and nid warriors (right of mono) move forward and the SW assault the immortals we put there to block them from the warriors (and phase out as killing warriors was enough but immortals left them needing 4) immortals die. Warriors shoot but do minimal damage. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]TURN 5 NECS + TAU: [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]1 of the immortals (withing 6” of lord) gets up. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]I charge my kroot and hounds into the raverness and with the broadside they kill 2 of the raverness’ and the 3rd runs (will be killed next turn)[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Now here we have a lot of fire power with the necs rapid firing the SW then with markerlights from pathfinders i kill of the SW (HQ model took some beating tho) and then turn my fire onto the nid warriors killing all but 2 them. My suits jump away from his warriors. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDS/SW 5 , NECS/TAU 11[/FONT]

Green Toy Urban design Grass Motor vehicle

[FONT=&quot]We role and – the game goes on to turn 6[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Turn 6 of nids and SW. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The remain bike begins to run now trying to save another KP (so it doesn’t look as bad.) whist the warrior’s attack, the remaining rhinos are now also running for cover. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Turn 6 of NECS AND TAU. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]We shoot down the running raverness and warriors as the mono hunts down the 2 SW men and bike killing the men. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]My broadsides finally take out his pred and the immobilised rhino in the middle. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The game ends with NIDS AND SW having 2 rhinos and a bike on the table whilst all but 2 of the tau troop choices and a DF survive with necs having about 3/5th of their force left. (my kroot squad that died didn’t give a kill point as 1 hound survived and hid.) [/FONT]
FINAL SCORE
[FONT=&quot]NIDS/SW 5 , NECS/TAU 15[/FONT]

Green Urban design Toy Grass Event

[FONT=&quot]NIDs/SW MVP = The troop choice with the HQ in it – took out the scarabs and immortals and took a lot of fire port to kill. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NECS/TAU MVP – In my view it was the warriors with the – these just kept getting back up (thanks to lord) and stopped any CC attacks from getting to my fragile suits. This worked great with the mono in the middle and lord hiding behind so as a shield they win my MVP. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Things we learnt: SW: never send a super solider into CC with a weak ally, we focus attacks on the ally and then since he is fearless he has to save against loads of wounds. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NIDs: learnt what units work and don’t. And to run not shoot when DS to save from templates. + need some strong weapons on the field.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]NEc’s: same as SW for when he plays his elder. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Tau: Starting to get better with the use of kroot. [/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]Summary – Necs stopped anything that went through the middle and anything that tried to go around got shot down by a whole tau army turning on them.
[/FONT]

extra pics:
Green Toy Urban design Biome Grass
Green Toy Urban design Biome Grass
Green Toy Grass Urban design Games
Green Purple Grass Table Recreation
Green Toy Lego Engineering Machine
Construction set toy Toy World Toy block Urban design
Green Grass Toy Urban design Event
Green Toy Urban design Leisure Indoor games and sports
Automotive tire Self-propelled artillery Combat vehicle Green Motor vehicle
Green Toy Grass Urban design Motor vehicle
Green Blue Toy World Grass

See less See more
Reactions: praxis
#2 ·
We did then play 1v1 - i was against Sw - spearhead objectives - i one 3-1 killing all but 2 of his men only lossing 1 SD and 3 pathfinders.

Necs played nids, was ptiched DOW. Nids first, was a close game for a number of turns but then some bad DSing including return to reserves and the nids inability to kill the warriors easily with the lord there between the squads lead to the NECs winning 1-0 but killing all but 1 nid warrior.

#3 ·
Good batrep. Your team played it well and your partner's We'll Be Back rolls were pretty good. Just for your info, the only Space Wolf HQ's who are fearless are Ulrik and wolf priests, and they can't take fenrisian wolves. None of the other SW HQ's are fearless. You might want to tell your opponent to check his codex again the next time you guys play.

#4 ·
Thanks for that - will check on what he had. Yeh - the necs did hold out a long time in the center which bought us the time we needed to kill the stuff trying to flank us. The use of the lord meant even when all died some just got up and blocked again - i think in future the SW and nids will just trying sending everything around them lol. oh and my god its had to write a battlereport, i had the kill points by turn but even with them i was having things die in the wrong turn - it was only when i got the pics that everything got put into the correct turn lol.

#5 ·
Yeah, it takes a lot of time and effort to put forth a good batrep with pics. It's hard to do it accurately without either taking detailed notes or a lot of photos. Nowadays, I rely more on the photos to tell the story as well as remind me what happened when.

#6 ·
Oh Jy2 just found out i made a mistake the HQ with the wolves is infact an Elite lone wolf with wolves

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.