1000pt Chaos vs. Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1000pt Chaos vs. Necrons

Before we start, just a quick idea of the troops being used, I'm going to put both the army lists in here with no points on, not for criticism, just to help
    Chaos (Me)
    HQ –
    Daemon Prince

Wind of Chaos

Troops-
    2x10 Chaos Space Marines, with Champion (Inclusive)
    2 Meltaguns per squad
    Champion gets Powerfist
    8 Khorne Berserkers, with Champion (Inclusive)
    Champion gets Powerfist
    Heavy Support-
    Obliterator
    Defiler, with extra Close Combat Arm (Over Reaper Autocannon)

Necrons (Enemy)
    HQ-
    Destroyer Lord, Warscythe, Gaze of Flame, Chronometron
    Troops-
    2x10 Warriors
    Fast Attack-
    3 Destroyers
    8 Scarabs
    Heavy Support-
    Monolith

So, all that said and done. Let's being, this is my first ever Battle Report, and due to little time available, will not contain pictures, simply text, for the enjoyment of friends primarily, however if somebody gets something out of this, let me know, would be cool. We had opted to play without the Phase Out rule so that the game would last longer, due to the fact that we had a lot of time to kill, so don't get confused by this.

Pre-Game
    The play area is a barren wasteland, there is no cover whatsoever, meaning the close-combat orientated Chaos Force should have a massive advantage. However, said wasteland is rather long, so the balance is quite a firm one.
    Necrons deploy first in a game of annihilation.
    Chaos failed to seize the initiative, and I was mocked for even trying

Turn 1

Necron Movement -

Both the Scarabs and the Destroyer Lord turbo-boosted, ending up in roughly the middle of the board, right next to eachother, granting the scarabs a pesky 2+ cover save if I were to shoot at them. The Destroyers moved 12" forward, and the Warriors ran 6" out from behind the Monolith, one sqaud then ran 5" forward to slot in nicely behind the Destroyers, the other remained stationary.

Necron Shooting -
    The Destroyers had correctly assessed the Khorne Berzerkers a threat, and proceeded to open fire upon them with their deadly Gauss weaponry, scoring, 6 hits, 3 wounds, and no deaths due to some nice saving throws. The Monolith then shot its deadly Particle Whip at a squad of 10 Chaos Space Marines, arranged foolishly in two lines of 5, all 10 of them fell below the blast marker, and only 2 survived; they passed their panic test however, and continued to fight on.

Chaos Movement -

Every single unit of Chaos on the table pushed forward, bar the Obliterator, who remained stationary in order to fire at the Monolith, in an attempt to cause an explosion, which would damage both squads of Warriors, and the squad of Destroyers, as well as destroying his most deadly unit. The bloodthirsty Berzerkers ran forward 4", and the squad of Marines who were unharmed - as opposed to the two survivors of the other squad - ran a whole 5"

Chaos Shooting-

The Obliterator fired a Lascannon at the Monolith, but missed unfortunately, this was to cost me if the 'Lith did anywhere near as much damage as last time. The Defiler fired its hefty Battlecannon at the Scarab Swarm who had conscientiously stopped in front of it, but the shot scattered and ended up destroying the front squad of Warriors, located 9 inches behind the Scarabs, result! The Daemon Prince then unleashed his deadly Chaos Winds, aiming at the middle-front Warrior of the 10 strong squad, all 10 of them went down, and had no way of getting back up, so were removed from play. All that was needed of me now was to destroy the Monolith and the game was already over.

Turn 2

Necron Movement -

The Scarab Swarm, left untouched by the Defiler's pathetic accuracy, charged forward towards the 2 remaining Chaos Space Marines, one of whom was an Aspiring Champion, preparing for an assault. The Destroyer Lord charged into my Khorne Berzerkers, unsuspecting of their skill in hand to hand combat. The Destroyers move forward, remaining in formation with the Monolith, the remains of Warriors left to corrode in the background...

Necron Shooting -

The 'Lith fired yet another deadly Particle Whip at the squad of 10 Chaos Space Marines, and destroyed all 10 of them, their remains simply piles of dust, playthings for the wind. The Destroyers then unleashed on the Daemon Prince, scoring 3 wounds, of which only one was saved, he had two wounds remaining and really needed to get into combat quick.

Necron Assault -
    Scarabs vs. Chaos Space Marines
    The standard marine goes first, scoring a single wound, the Scarabs then retaliated with 28 attacks due to their assault, but only scored 2 wounds, of which one was failed. The Aspiring Champion, left to fight it out alone, got a Powerfist kill, destroying an entire swarm, resulting in an overall win for Chaos. The Scarabs failed their Leadership test, and were then swept by the Rambo Marine.
    Lord vs. Berzerkers -
    The Berzerkers won the roll to attack first, they score FOURTEEN hits out of a possible 16 against the fearsome Necron, then a further 8 wounds, causing one missed save. The Lord then retaliates, but fails to score any kills whatsoever, rolling one hit, and no wounds. The Skull Champion then smashes the Destroyer Lord for 6, scoring a further 2 wounds, and killing him.

Chaos Movement -
    The Daemon Prince, the Berzerkers (triumphant and satisfied), Rambo (The Aspiring Champion) and the Defiler all move forward, pushing ever closer to their relentless final attack.

Chaos Shooting-
    The Obliterator fired yet another Lascannon shot at the Monolith and missed, this wasn't the only tragic miss of the shooting phase however...

The Defiler shot its Battlecannon at the Destroyers this time, but it scattered and hit my own Berzerkers! It was then that I realised just how dangerous a Battlecannon can be as 7 of my beloved Khorne Berzerkers die, leaving one confused Skull Champion to stand alone and fight through the clearing smoke. Fortunately, the Daemon Prince is substantially more reliable and fired a bout of Chaos Wind the Destroyer's way, killing the three of them, and all of them went down. All that remained was the Monolith (due to us playing without Phase Out), the problem with this was that it was dangerously close to the middle of my army, and the Gauss Flux Arc could finish the entire game.

A quick summary at this point, just to point out HOW close this game was:
    The Necrons had the Monolith still up and running, within Gauss Flux Range of every unit I had (bar the Obliterator of course). The forces of Chaos, had one Skull Champion, one Defiler, one Aspiring Champion, a Daemon Prince with two wounds left, and an Obliterator, preparing for his final chance to annihilate the Monolith.

Turn 3

Necron Movement -
    The Monolith moves forward, that's it.

Necron Shooting -
    The Monolith fires its Gauss Flux Arc, scoring 5 hits on my Skull Champion, then 5 wounds, the Skull Champion fell, a hero among Chaos. The Monolith then scored SIX hits on the Daemon Prince, then 2 wounds, and both failed, the mighty Prince fell to the ground. All that remained were the Rambo Aspiring Champion and the Obliterator, who was out of range. The 'Lith, seemingly unstoppable in this incredible finale of events, got 2 wounds on the Champion, who died. All that was left, was the Monolith, and a single Obliterator.

Things just got personal...

Chaos Movement -
    Nothing. Inevitably.

Chaos Shooting -
    The Obliterator raised his Lascannon high, determined to make sure the other followers of Chaos had not died in vain (They were paying him after all...), his only target, glowing green in the rapidly darkening desert wasteland. The Lascannon shot raced towards the towering machine of doom, penetrating its armour. All that was required now was a roll of 5 or 6, and the game was over...
    I rolled a die.
    Cocked die.
    I rolled a die.
    Off the table.
    I rolled a die.
    I laughed. Kaboom.

The forces of Chaos had defeated the Necron army, though only a lone survivor remained, their land was safe, and they themselves were safe from the intimidating soulless warriors, intent on consuming the galaxy.

Hope you liked it. I attempted to make it relatively interesting. Have a nice day!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    720 (x8)

I assume you had agreed to drop the Phase Out rule?

Otherwise the Necron army should have Phased Out at the start of the Turn 3.
    Revenant Moon Necrons: (W/L/D) 0/1/0 (6th edition: 13/2/2)(5th edition: 14/6/4)(3rd edition Codex: 16/4/7)
    XIX Legion: (W/L/D) 0/0/0 (5th edition: 14/12/2)(5th edition Codex: 4/3/0)
    Black Legion: (W/L/D) 1/0/0 (6th edition: 2/3/0)
    Something Wicked... Reikwald Beastmen: (W/L/D) 10/4/1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We had agreed, I play Necrons as well, been playing them for the past year in fact, this was my first game back with Chaos, regardless, I think playing without Phase Out made it even more interesting to be honest, I mean; it was the closest game I've played, but I've only been playing since I was 10, so 4 years :/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

wow you got very lucky with that last role - what BS4 ish so thats fine but then would need a 6 followed by a 5 or 6.

thats lucky rolling
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was lucky rolling, but the chances were the Obliterator would win in my opinion. I mean, hitting a single Obliterator with the Particle Whip is insanely difficult with Scatter, so he'd have had to be just as lucky, and he was about 30" away, so it would have taken him a while to get into Flux Arc range. I had an advantage because I'd played Necrons for a year and he'd never even played against Chaos, my Daemon Prince and Berzerkers caught him seriously off guard, but it was still fun. Phase Out would've made it a walk in the park.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

between then mono and the oblit - my money would have been on the mono - but that may be because i am very lucky with getting a lot of dead hits on scatter dice.
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

1 Note: the scarabs are fearless, so they lost the combat, but didnt got swept. Maybe that could make a difference...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair Doos, that slipped both out minds at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What happened to the defiler after it shot up the Khorne bezerkers?
    Fun report, liked the dice throwing at the end - steady hand....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

truly epic on a side note coincidently im starting chaos and guess what my friend is starting necrons but he will have a nightbringerso when we fight it will be turn 2 all my guys are dead thats a bit of exxageration but its gonna be bad im very unlucky at high powerd targets

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast