stand ins? - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: stand ins?

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

-6 (x0)

stand ins?

so i watched a few battle reports on bols and i noticed something that kind of annoys me. so many chaos players use the BA and SW books to make chaos armies that can use the rules in the book. yes i know its perfectly legal but in the spirit of fluff i find it to be annoying. i just wanted to see if a single person reading this shares the sentiment or am i being a little over bearing?

A moment of weakness spawns a life tme of heresy...

2. Remove Advertisements

0 Post(s)
    0 Thread(s)

39 (x2)

First thing, I don't really think this thread should be located in BRs subforum, don't panick if it disappears - propobaly just a mod will have moved it to other subforum.

Answering your question, 4th edition brought Chaos players their current codex but as well robbed them of their Legions - distinct and different, not only in paint scheme, but rules, army building, units, whole different playstyle really well presenting their style fluffwise.

It's gone.

SW Codex is just silly in a way that some SW dudes are better in CC than, for example, 10.000 years old and so experienced World Eaters (yep, Khorne favoured Astartes). Because there is no proper way to represent them. And fielding, let's say Logan as grimdarky lord of these khornate guys with CC equipped Wolf Guards seems to fit better than uber-gritted CSM.

Honourable mention to fully lighting-fast, almost fully jump-packed and bike riding Night Lords army. I use BA codex to represent them myself.

Other thing is, that many Chaos players doing so choose units that do not fit these legions in any way, irritatingly trying to explain impossible and awesome. That's why there is no character in many such armies.

+ Reply to Thread