Greggles Noob Battles 7, 8, and 9 - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    192 (x4)

Greggles Noob Battles 7, 8, and 9

Hey Guys,
    Another weekend, another group of noob horde battles!

First game. Two 750 ork armies, vs a 750 beakie army, and a 750 fish'ead Army. fish'ead player with with 3 APC's, with 6 firewarriors in each, and some supporting suits. beakie went with standard battle reach, plus a razorback with a las cannon, and a group of 5 devestators.

My army was
    Warphead
    line of 10 grots
    29 shoota boyz with 3 big shootas and a nob pk/bp
    3 deff koppa's
    Group of commando's with nob pk/bp.
    5 lotta's

Other ork army.
    Warboss on a bike
    2 bikers and a nob biker
    3 bikers and a nob biker
    2 trukk's w...
    11 slugga boyz with nob pk/pb
    5 lotta's

Basically still playing with my friends, so the assembly of the armies is still very "How does this work?" Over time I'll probably start running a more concrete list, but for now, I'm enjoying completely randomizing the units to see what happens.

So basaically, this was an incredibly orky game. I placed my commandos out of LOS from the fish'ead suits (on the other side of the mountain), and turboboosted my choppa's on their scout move.

We got to go first, but the table was too wide to allow the coppters (TL Rokkit's) to get into assault range on the first turn, so I moved them 12, and opened fire on the APC's. I hit with all 3, and failed to penetrate with all 3. The loota's fired at the only thing with a los, and killed a beakie. The grotz/commandos/main mob just ran.

All the bikes turboboosted, and the trukks went flat out.

Enemies turn, everyone opened fire on the helicopters. Man oh man...those things sure do absorb a crapload of fire. Almost their entire firing line unloaded on the helicopters, and only killed 1. Yay for dice saves!

Next turn the bikes moved up, and started firing, killing nothing. The helicopters fired and missed, then assaulted the vehicles, and failed to penetrate.

I rolled a 5 on the warphead power (er we go). Then picked a spot right smack in the middle of the rear of the fish'ead army, rolled the scatter dice...and rolled an arrow, and two 6's. Everyone started laughing. It took the scatter right into the center of one of the only two solid pieces of "terrain" on the map. I rolled the "oh oh" d6, and got a 1...unit wiped out. 30 shoota boyz, 3 big shoota's, and a warphead...which never fired at anything the whole game...stuck in the center of a mountain. Everyone agreed it was a great orky thing to do, and that I would have been a wussy humie had I placed it in the largest open area of the field.

The rest of the battle was downhill from there. We had some good rolls, but by turn 6, we were at 25% or less of our forces (trukk's got hit and exploded, and lost 50% of the orks inside, so they got wiped out fast, bikes held their own, taking out units, and the commando's wiped out 2 units, and immobilized the dread...but the entire rest of the beakie army and fish'ead were at range picking them off at that point, having lost all our fast movers). At that point we conceded, because we wanted to play more games!

Next game. fish'ead and Ork, vs panzee BS and Blood Angels

fish'ead played a suit army (don't ask me, I have so much trouble identifying their stuff...lots of TL deathrains).

I went with the laziest ork army I could come up with.
    Battlewagon, with 18 orks + nob,
    KFF Big Mek
    3 Killa Kans with Grotz
    3 killa kans with MegaBlasta
    1 Deff Dread Troop Choice

Blood angels had a razorback with a TL lasercannon, full squad of jump infantry, a group of Beakies in the razorback, two groups of scouts, and a group of snipers?

This particular map was more orks vs angels, and fish'ead vs panzee. The panzee player used mainly bikes, with some sort of BS guy who would "fortune" all his saving throws, so he got endless saving throws it seemed like. (Re roll saves. Anyway we can wipe that guy out?)

Basically battlewagon + KFF is one of the strongest combo's I've played with thus far. (everyone hates it) It's so unlikely to penetrate the armor, and if you do, you got a 4+ cover save chance to ignore it!

Basically moved down the line, killing some random stuff. Got into assault range of the blood angels. They backed off. Las cannon penetrated once, and he rolled a 1. LOL

The orks got out, and assaulted the razorback (if I took out the las cannon, nothing on the map could touch the BW basically). I missed all PK attacks...sigh. Then the blood angels assaulted...and well they hit pretty hard, after everyone shot at the orks, then assaulted, it wiped out the whole squad. Lesson learned!

However, by that point the kan's were in range...and oh man did they lay down devastation with the grotzoka's. In 2 turns I had taken the blood angel force down to 1 scout, a handful of jump infantry, and a damaged razorback. On my side I had an immobolized dread, Big mek with KFF, and 2 kan's remaining.

The panzee player with his double saves, basically tabled the fish'ead player. Blood angel player had to leave, so we called it a draw.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Last game. fish'ead and Ork, vs Tyranid and beakie. (750 roughly each)
    beakie player used the same config from earlier. Nid player used gene stealers + broadlord, hivetryant with hvy venom, ground of gaunts, and a group of warriors with a venom cannon.

fish'ead player went with his APC's on my recommendation (as it had been so devastating from the first game).

I used my warphead deep striking group again...only this time I dropped the commandos, and made the warphead a weird boy, and fielded an additional 5 loota's, and 3 killa kan's with grotzookas.

This game was all about ork vengeance from the previous two. It was time for payback. Deffchopters turbo boosted during their scout move. Gene stealers deployed as close as possible to the fish'ead units. We got to go first. Deffchopters become MVP.

3 seperate deff chopters get into position and fire at the side armor of the razorback, and dread naught.

Dreadnaught hit, penetrate, roll a 5. Goodbye dreadnaught.
    Razorback hit, penetrate, roll a 3, No more TL Las cannon!!!

Last chopter fires and misses, but I don't care. I just wiped out most of the heavy weapons on the opposing side before they even got to go. All 3 copters are destroyed in the next round, but I'm as happy as can be. Orks and kan's slog up the left. fish'ead player decimates the gene stealers, wiping them down to 4. Gene stealers assault the fire warriors, wipe them all out. Anytime the fish'ead player let his firewarriors out of his vehicles, they died in the subsequent enemy players turn.

Loota's fire away at everything the whole game. They do massive damage. Wiping out whole squads by themselves. With all the long range weapons gone on the beakie side (devastators were trying to stall on the horde on the left), the loota's fire uncontested the entire game. They knock out...
    1) Hive Tyrant Guard
    2) Squad of beakies
    3) Squad of Warriors

The killa kan's take a few pen hits of 1 and 2, but being in a squad, they ignore those. They get into range of grotzooka's, and down goes the devestator squad. They then get charged by terminators, and wipe out 3 of the 5 (1 kan goes down). In the next round they wipe out the remaining 2 terminators. I 2 sucks, unless you're vs powerfists! LOL

At this point the hive tyrant is tearing into the fish'ead player. I roll a 5 on the weird boy, and cross my fingers for deep strike luck.

Woo hoo! I scatter, but this time its only a few inches. The hive tyrant takes the fury of a giant mob of shoota boyz. And takes a single wound. Then he assaults, wipes out the weird boy with psychic scream and kills 3 boys. The nob slams into him, and wipes out him.

Ork and fish'ead win! Hurray!

Lessons learned:
    Make sure the squad you're assaulting with a walker isn't armed with melta bombs.
    Battlewagons with KFF really are awesome.
    When you roll good, deffchopters are insane.
    Lotta's are fantastic anti nid troops.
    and

I probably won't play with a weird boy again...unless I want to have some fun .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    48 (x1)

Nice battle reports. Like to see a new ork player like myself trying everything out. I hope to post some of my anti eldar crusades soon.

Was the yuengling impassible terrain? Its rare that I see cans of it instead of bottles. Are u from pennsylvania too?
    Last edited by lhscouchmonster; October 5th, 2010 at 07:26. Reason: grammar

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

192 (x4)

Beers are generally not terrain. I'm in Gaithersburg MD. We alternate playing in Gaithersburg, silver spring, and Fairfax VA. I'm getting close to running out of units to try!

Need to try some nob bikers, normal nob elite group (painboy), flash gitz, burna's, and stormboyz. We are still at 750 point games (per individual), so thats why I haven't been messing with nobz too much yet (other then the one with the boyz PK/BP). That and the fact there always seems to be multiple AP2 weaponry on the table.

So far my favorite unit's are...
    1. Slugga Boyz in a BW (Also a huge fan of meganobz from a trukk)
    2. Deff koppta's
    3. Killa Kan's

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)

946 (x8)

*moved to the battle report section*
    Spambot kill tally. . .337

+ Reply to Thread