Librarium Online Forums banner

Battle Of The Frozen Gorge

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  ColonelDraken 
#1 ·
Armies:
Black Templars Genesis Crusaders:

HQ:
Emperors Champion
Chaplain with jump pack, arcifier armor, crozius arcanum, meltabombs, BP, termie honours

Elite:
Dreadnaught with TL lascannons, CCW, Heavy flamer, extra armor.

Fast attack:
assault squad, 10 initiats with 1 P. weapon & BP, 1 P. fist & BP, 8 CCW & BP.
Troops:
Squad Mortis: 10 initiats with 1 P.weapon & BP, 1 Meltagun, 8 BP & CCW.
Squad Rex: 10 initiats with 1 P. fist & BP, i flamer, 8 BP & CCW, 2 neophytes with BP & CCW.

Deamonhunters (from memory):
HQ:
Grand master, icon of the just, termie honours.
3 Terminator retinue
Troops:
2X GK squad. about 7 man, 1 justicar each. 1 with 2 incinarators, 1 with 2 psycannons.
imperial stormtroopers, 2 with plasmaguns, 8 with hellguns.
Heavy support:
GK dreadnaught, TL lascannons, Missile launcher, heavy flamer.

Mission: Simple Meatgrinder

Deployment: A pretty small board with little tarrain, some rocks in the middle and a hugh gorge on the right side. I deployed squad Mortis on the right, Squad Rex at the middle with the Emperors Champion, the dread about 3" from them, and the assault squad to the left with the Chaplain. He pretty much mirrored me, putting a GK squad and the GM facing squad mortis, The stormtroopers a bit to the right of that, then his dread and the other GK squad. He got first turn.

Background:
the storm had caught the grandmaster unpreapered, and he had lost most of his support vehicles and stormtroopers to the tearing winds. but he had only cold detirmination, as he tailed the chaos marines for days on end.
his loyel grey knight were still in good shape and brother crass was no more dead then usually.
suddely, he heard weapons fire up ahed, and the radio was filled with screams. he told his men to deploy around him, and wait for the worse. then, a single squad of stormtroopers came out from the snow and hail, shouting warnings and running like madmen. when they reached safty, they said that the chaos were taking positions along a great gorge, and they were waiting for him. the other two squads didnt make it.
with a luck of satisfaction on his face, the grandmaster sounde the charge and walked forward. at last, this matter would be over.

Chaplain drusus turned his power armors heating system to max, as he began to lose feeling in his toes. almost all of his neophytes had died, their frail armor shreaded away by the storm. his men were starting to lose hope of ever seeing base again, as the cold wind got into their very soul and was turning to ice.
they have caught up with the chaos scum and all but destroyed them, beating them down and throwing their twisted bodies into a nearby gorge.
although they were shamed greatly, they had no choice but to replace some of their damaged equipment with chaos ones. they could only ca,p for the night and hope for the storm to clear. "we are being followed" said the Emperors Champion, Bhacus. "what do you meen followed, theres nobody for miles exept ice liz..."
the talk was interupted by the sound of hellgun and plasma fire, piercing the armor of and entire squad of bolter wielding templars. with a cry to the Emperor, they charged the offenders, cutting them down like wheat.
they told the men to spred around, each joining his squad and readying himself to the next wave as smoke cleared...

TURN 1: DH

all the GK stayed their ground and leveled their weapons, and shot a deadly barrage of bolter, plasma and psycannon rounds. Squad Rex lost three marines to the acurate fire of the stormtroopers, who shot plasma and hellrounds as acuratly as any marine. they were hit once more as the Dreadnaught Artemis, slowed by the cold, was hit by a deadly missile and was crushed to dust, hes debris thrown at the poor marines, although the armor took the punishment. the GK themselves didnt fare so good, as they only inflicted a single casualty on squad mortis. the round was ended with the Grand master himself taking down another marine from squad Mortis.

TURN 2: BT

enraged by the loss of brother artemis, chaplain bachus zipped forward with rightous vigour, and fell on the Grey knights with the power of a tiger, cutting down a knight before he realized what was happening.
the assualt squad didnt fare so well, as the justicar destroyed the power axe weilding one and cut another in half. but as retrebution, he was picked up from behind and thrown into the gorge, never to see light again.
squad rex, enraged by the loss of so many so early, moved forword and pulled their bolt pistols, shooting the stormtroopes. but only the champion's aim was true, as a stormtrooper was hit in the temple and fell to ground. squad mortis fared badly to, as only one of the damned knights fell to their fire, the bullet hitting his pelvis and crushing his legs. but now they were out in the open, exposed to the GK retrebution...

(To be continued)

BTW, any comments will be welcomed...

See less See more
#4 ·
TURN 2- DH
The gery knight new it was time to strike, and started slowly moving forward, unlishing a storm of bolter fire as they went, downing a marine from squad Mortis.
The Grand master's retinu also moved, slowly covering the black armored marins with fire, and although their aim was true, the Templars' steardy armor held.
The stormstoopers, frightend as the grim features of the emperors champion and his squad were ever closing in on them, truned their hell and plasmaguns to full auto, squizing the trigger and letting loose a hail of bullets.
but the plasma guns were to powerful for their humen body to take, as they both were consumed with heat of a volcano. their brother in arms, shocke by the grissly sight, missed most of their shots, killing a single Templar, the hellround piercing his dented armor and hitting his heart.
on the other side of the battle, things were going grim for the grey knights. outnumbered, outgunned and outmatched, they were beaten to the grounds, as the assault marins tore through them like a storm. four knights were killed in a flurry of blows from the raging templars, their chaplain doing half. the remaining knight couldnt do a thing, and knew that he would never see base again. the situation was so grim, the dreadnaught decided to charge into the frey, hoping he could tie the madmen in assault for enough time for the terminators to arraive.
flailing his cannon around, he hit one templar in the chest, flinging him into the air as the out of conrol jump pack threw him into the storm. but he knew his time was short, as the power fist closed in on his position, his fist crackeling with energy.
back on the other front, the Grey knights charged the templars, hitting them like a wave, behading two marines with their long helberds. but the marins were as fierce as they, killing the justicar with a short range blast from the meltagun.
the terminators, thinking to help them finish them quick, realized that their charge rout was blocked with charging knights, and that they cant help them just yet. so, they waited to see what else would come out of the cold.

TURN 2- BT
chaplain drusus was proud of his men, watching them crush the traitors like twigs. he tried to find his champion bachus, but the storm was too thick, and has blocked all contact, weather by sight, sound, or radio. worried, he grabbed the remaining knight by the helmet, leaped into the air with his jump pack and then threw him down, his head crushing on a nearby rock. from where he was, he could see his power fist wielding initiate dueling with the gret dreadnaught, dodging his blows and then crushing his legs with one sweep of the mighty gauntlent, finishing him off with a bolt pistol shot to the main nerve systems. he was filled with burning fate, as he consolidated his men, orgenised to lend aid to their brothers on the other side of the gorge...

Squad Mortis didnt fare so well, losing two more of their numbers to the attacks of the crazed knights, but with the skill that no other being could posses, they slaghtered three knights, pushing them into the gorge...

meanwhile, emperors champion bachus moved his squad forward, filling their radios with words of encourgment. he pulled out his pistol, as his squad followed suit, and shot at the stormtroopers, their carapace armor taking most of the punishment, although one did fall to the heavy shells. and with a great battle cry to the emperor, he charged the shocktroopes head on, cutting them before him. he himself killed no less then three, moving around them like a lion, his claws drewing blood into the cold air. most of the initiats couldnt get into the assault, but the neophytes managed to get close enough, and using their great strength tore the armor of a trooper, hes flesh tearing apart by the cold wind. the troopers tried to flee, but were cut down by the genetically enhanced reflexes of the marins. now, only meters away from the terminatos, they could just hope for swift aid...

#5 ·
TURN 3- DH

The grand master was in a tight spot. in front of him, his favored grey knights were fighting toe to toe with the raging chaos madmen, and to his right his support stormtroopers were butcherd like sheep. he decided to help the stormtroopers, puting his trust in th grey knights ability to hold off the chaos untill he comes back. this would prove to be a fatal mistake. the grand master started slowly moving towards the squad killing the stormtroopers, shooting with his storm bolter all the way and downing a marine, and then charged along side his retinue. He was totaly and absulutly surprised to hear words from an enemy marine echo across the battle field, so loud they beat down the winds howls, saying: "You, commander of the enemy, face me in battle before the Emperor, so that He, in His endless wisdom and benovelence might decide who will live past this battle and who's body will be left for the wind to consume!". The proud words challenged him, and although he wanted to investigate the matter further, he could not ignore them.
and so, the grand master locked swords with the champion of the enemy, while his squad beat down the enemy, killing them to a man. the grand master striked the enemy champion, but with the skill and grace of the emperor himself, his foe dodged them all. in return, the champion raised his mighty sword and swung it in high arcs, cutting the grand master armor, but the emperor was with him, blocking the blows from the terrible blade. the remaining squad of grey knights, although they faught like lions, couldnt stop the rampaging templars, and were killed to a man, the squad of templars moving slowly towards the dreaded terminators of the grey knights.

TURN 3- BT

Chplain drusus was startled to hear the weapons fire from the other side of the battlefield, but became calmer as he once again heard the challenge of Bachus, the emperors champion, and decided to follow it to his position, powering up his jump pack and flying threw the air. on the other side of the battle, the squad of templars also moved along the edge of the gorge, towards the cry of their beloved battle brothers. they both fell on them at the same time, fueled by the sight of the dead templars at their feet, especially the innocent neophytes. but the grey knigt terminators were no rookies, and mightilly, slaying twice their numbers of templars. but they couldnt hold against the ruthless charge of the chplain, and all fell to ground, dead or dying.

EPILOUGE

The grand master squered off against his mighty foe, striking him with great fury and wrath. But he couldn't pierce his oppenents defence, either his mighty sword or his divine armor. he was so involved in the battle that he didnt notice his retinue's destruction, or that he was now surounded by black armored marins, chanting words of praise to the emperor. surprised to hear the holy prayers of the emperor, he was caught off guard and struck in the chest by the champion's black sword. and as the champion moved closer to him to draw his sword, he finally noticed the holy sigils, the purity seals and the mark of the Black Templars on his enemy's shoulder pad. succumbing to his wound, he utterd one sentence to his towering enemy: "You Are truly the Emperor's Finest"

What do you think? please tell me...

#6 ·
Dude, I am breathless nice battle report. I espeacialy like the end. Was this a real battle or did you just decide to make it up for the fluff because if it was a real battle report then the GM would have almost surely have killed his opponent and the GK would probaly have won the CC against the Initiates.

Anyway great battle report. (Y)

#7 ·
Well, thank you.
It was an actuall battle report and it did end in my victory, but the GM did kill my champion in the last turn, only to be swamped by crazy templars and a chaplain, but I like the fluff more that way...
anyways, thanks, im actualy real proud of myself cause i really moped the floor with this guy :D :D
as soon as Ill fight again, ill write another one (this time it might be againts elder!)

#9 ·
Exactly what I like to see. Accurate battle reports in a story format. ^_^ Great job on this one. I'd write my own except for two things ... I still need an army to fight with, and I don't think I'd remember any of the battle. :wacko: Ah well. Great job on the report, I enjoyed it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.