2500. Nids and Orc. - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Senior Member Hive Fleet Macarbe's Avatar
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    128 (x3)

2500. Nids and Orc.

So, during the weekend we played a game and my opponent DEMANDED I put it up online as a battle report, as he is joining this forum eventually. He was running a nasty all biker list. So anyway the lists.

Nids:
    HQ:
    Swarmlord
    2x Tyrant Guards w/Lash Whips

Elites:
    3x Hive Guards
    3x Hive Guards
    3x Hive Guards

Troops:
    Tervigon - Catalyst, Cluster Spines, Toxin Sacs
    20x Termagants w/ Devourers
    Tervigon - Catalyst, Cluster Spines, Toxin Sacs
    30x Termagants w/ Devourers
    30x Hormagaunts w/ Toxin Sacs

Heavy Support:
    Tyrannofex - Cluster Spines, Desiccator Larvae, Rupture Cannon
    3x Biovores
    3x Biovores

Orc:
    HQ: Warboss
    Power Klaw; Slugga; Attack Squig; Bosspole; Cybork Body; Warbike
    Wazdakka Gutsmek

Elite:
    Nobz Mob - Cybork and Bikes
    1 Painboy
    1 Nobz
    Waaagh! Banner; Power Klaw
    1 Nobz
    Bosspole; Power Klaw
    1 Nobz
    Big Choppa
    1 Nobz
    Big Choppa; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon
    1 Nobz
    Choppa; Slugga

Troops:
    Nobz Mob - Cybork and Bikes
    1 Painboy
    1 Nobz
    Waaagh! Banner; Power Klaw
    1 Nobz
    Bosspole; Power Klaw
    1 Nobz
    Big Choppa
    1 Nobz
    Big Choppa; Shoota/Skorcha Kombi-weapon
    1 Nobz
    Choppa; Slugga

6 Warbikers
    1 Biker Nob
    Power Klaw; Slugga; Boss Pole

6 Warbikers
    1 Biker Nob

6 Warbikers
    1 Biker Nob

6 Warbikers
    1 Biker Nob

6 Warbikers
    1 Biker Nob

Fast Attack:
    1 Deffkopta
    Buzzsaw; Bigbomm; TL-Rokkit

1 Deffkopta

1 Deffkopta

So, we are playing an objective game, and its going to be fun. Lots of speed on his list.

Turn One coming up within the day, please post to whom you think will win.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Wow thats a lot of bikes - I find it hard to work out how your gonna beat it.
    Your hive guard are gonna need to be roling well but even than i struggle to see how your gonna hurt them.
    So im going for the orks - i think some genestealers could have helped against normal bikes but not the nob bikers
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Tyranids are gonna win this one. Hive guards will insta-kill the nob bikers as will the swarmlord in assault. Hormagants will get withered down, but that doesn't matter as you have tervigons to spawn more termagants as troops. Biovores will do some damage. If he doesn't keep away, you may potentially table him, but after fighting the swarmlord, he's gonna avoid him.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    Tyranids are gonna win this one. Hive guards will insta-kill the nob bikers as will the swarmlord in assault. Hormagants will get withered down, but that doesn't matter as you have tervigons to spawn more termagants as troops. Biovores will do some damage. If he doesn't keep away, you may potentially table him, but after fighting the swarmlord, he's gonna avoid him.
    See if i was the orks i would:
    If i had first turn:
    1) aim those deffkoopas at the hive guard first turn - hoping to get the first turn and shoot + assult all three units.
    Use the warbikes to keep the swarmlord out of the game - With 6 of them the PK should always be able to hit back - how will it instant kill them when its only S5???
    slowly you can take wounds off it and after seeing a swarmlord locked in combat with 8 SW assult troops for 4 turns before needing back up to help it win i belive the orks could do the damage.
    focus the nob bikers at all the troops on the charge they will do a lot of damage and should survive most of the damage given back with 4+ save and then a FNP save + T5.

I can see it depending a lot on what game it is. The swarmload may be dealy but its never gonna catch any bikes so as long as they hive guards are tied up early by a rushing forward warbikes or the deffkoptas i'm not sure what the nids are gonna do.

The orks need to stay back with some of their army - including nob bikers and hitting thinga away from the rest of the army but they need to sacrifice the deffkooptas and some warbikes to take down the shooty part of the nids.

It should be a very interesting game. but at the same time i think it could be a bit boring if the ork player wins
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2

jy2
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

797 (x8)

Quote Originally Posted by Rafici View Post
    See if i was the orks i would:
    If i had first turn:
    1) aim those deffkoopas at the hive guard first turn - hoping to get the first turn and shoot + assult all three units.
    You won't be able to assault past the gaunt screen. At most you can assault the gaunts, even with scout move...unless the nid player makes the terrible mistake of deploying the hive guards without a screening unit.

Use the warbikes to keep the swarmlord out of the game - With 6 of them the PK should always be able to hit back - how will it instant kill them when its only S5???
    slowly you can take wounds off it and after seeing a swarmlord locked in combat with 8 SW assult troops for 4 turns before needing back up to help it win i belive the orks could do the damage.
    The swarmlord's bone sabres causes Instant Death regardless of toughness. Moreover, it forces you to re-roll successful invulns. Combine that with prefered enemy and the ability to lower your WS to 1, now you see why you don't want to mess with him? Also, he's got a 4++ Invuln and his guards are no slouch in assault either.

focus the nob bikers at all the troops on the charge they will do a lot of damage and should survive most of the damage given back with 4+ save and then a FNP save + T5.
    Good. That's what nids want you to do. Termagants are for tying up enemy deathstar units. You'd be stuck there until the Swarmlord gets there to finish you off. And if you wipe them out, the tervigon just poops out more gaunts to act as another roadblock you have to go through.

I can see it depending a lot on what game it is. The swarmload may be dealy but its never gonna catch any bikes so as long as they hive guards are tied up early by a rushing forward warbikes or the deffkoptas i'm not sure what the nids are gonna do.
    It doesn't need to. Not when they have hive guards and biovores who don't need LOS to shoot you down. Biovores here produce 6 pie plates a turn. Enough of them will decimate hordes.

No, orks need to shoot to thin down the swarms before rushing in. I don't like their chances against this ultra-tough nid list.
    Record: Win - Loss - Draw: Hive Fleet Pandora (New) 32-6-6 Space Wolf 7th Co. 52-11-6
    Blood Angels 12-4-2 Daemonhunters 20-8-3
    Imperial Guards 12-5-2 Daemons 8-3-2

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by jy2 View Post
    You won't be able to assault past the gaunt screen. At most you can assault the gaunts, even with scout move...unless the nid player makes the terrible mistake of deploying the hive guards without a screening unit.

The swarmlord's bone sabres causes Instant Death regardless of toughness. Moreover, it forces you to re-roll successful invulns. Combine that with prefered enemy and the ability to lower your WS to 1, now you see why you don't want to mess with him? Also, he's got a 4++ Invuln and his guards are no slouch in assault either.

Good. That's what nids want you to do. Termagants are for tying up enemy deathstar units. You'd be stuck there until the Swarmlord gets there to finish you off. And if you wipe them out, the tervigon just poops out more gaunts to act as another roadblock you have to go through.

It doesn't need to. Not when they have hive guards and biovores who don't need LOS to shoot you down. Biovores here produce 6 pie plates a turn. Enough of them will decimate hordes.

No, orks need to shoot to thin down the swarms before rushing in. I don't like their chances against this ultra-tough nid list.
    I dont think my nid friend was fielding him correctly then lol
    Yeh i think any all biker list is gonna struggle as you just lose the numbers.
    Having played against nids recently i do agree that you must reduce their numbers first because they will always hit before or at the same time as the ork player almost never after. I have found Kommandos to work well if they have the 2 burners
    Dont forget the deffkooptas can fly over models - i think against say 80%+ of players out there (not all) you would find room to land and assult atleast one of those units but your right it may be tricky to get the bikes to them.
    I agree that it will be a very hard game for orks but if your can get those bikes especially the one with the warbose around the meat wall they could get those tev's as the warboss would instant death them.
    A perfect positioned nids army with scenary to help and the orks shouldn't stand a chance but one slip that lets them through and it could make a difference - especially if the nids are forced to move out across the board.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Ha glad I got some support then, most of the people are rooting for orks in my local spot. He is content on ending my spree. And yes, I am POSITIVE he is planning on raining some death to my guards, the sole reason I won against him last few games were because of them popping his transport then the biovores own him. So i think he took those kopptas for the sole reason of anti guard. But he has yet to fight the swarmlord, so let him work me some magic.

Till then Ill find the setup and post that up! Give me a few mins.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

DEPLOYMENT

So, three objectives one at each of our set up side and one directly in the middle. There is NO terrain. I found this funny, its an ice map with NOTHING just three broken and scattered computers as the objectives.

My Deployment

The 30 gaunt squad deploy up first spreading out, the swarmlord is directly behind the center of them. 2 of the 3 squads are to his either flank. Next tot the guards are the tervigons, the hormagaunts make a nice little pile with the devilgaunts up front for more screening. The Tyrannofex is behind the swarmlord with he biovores to his flanks, and the final hive guard brood deployed for on the right hand edge (Hoping to split up his koptas and use them as bait to do so)

His Deployment

Pretty much a nasty line of reeving bikes. I should of taken my flyrant, shown him how pro's do speed. The koptas were behind the deathstar unit with one of the nobz by the objective.

-He gets first turn. Turn 1-3 to come later tonight.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

91 (x3)

very interesting im guessing he set up first and didn't steal the inititive.
    Wow no scenary what so ever.

Well this could be interesting - he should be able to hold his objective and "BH could have been better going second and holding everything back - that way he could use his speed much better later in the game for grabbing objectives. this way what ever he sends has to be shot at for a turn before it could be the end each time.

From the should of it i think he could get those koopas to hit all three of your hive guards or focus on the centre ones and send warbikes after the ones sitting out by themselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

128 (x3)

Yes, I was surprised by his set up myself. He knows I have played agianst these ork lists and might want to mislead me. Either way I was confuzzled at the time. Turn 1-3 coming within the next few hours gonna hit the gym first.

HAPPY V-DAY!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast