Tau, Choas, Necron And Tyranid Battle - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Table size 8’ by 5’
    Set up a mixed terrain of hills, damaged buildings and woods, each player
    has a quarter to set up in, game based around the cleanse mission but we aren’t taken table quarters its to the death.

Tau… 3 Hammerheads, 3 XV8 Battlesuit squads with plasma guns and gun drones, 1 HQ Battlesuit with drones and 2 units of fire warriors.

Necron.. Nightbringer god, lord with resurrection orb, 2 units of warriors, 1 unit of Immortals, 1 unit of flayed ones, 2 units of scarab (x8 bases each) and 3 Wraiths.

Choas… 2 predator tanks (twin link las and heavy bolters), 1 defiler, 2 units of chaos marines, daemon prince winged, 2 Obliterators, 1 unit of terminators and a greater daemon.

Nids… Hive Tyrant with 2 x guards, 2 x fex one with 2x VC and other 2x BS, 2 more Guards , brood of Gaunts upgrade I, 2 broods of spineguants (29 and 30), brood of warriors x6 SC and RC and 3 Raveners with SC and RC.

After set up of troops we have the Nids on the far left of the broad with the Choas opposite them, to the right of the nids are the necrons and opposite them the Tau. Game play order is Tau, Necron, Nids and Chaos so clockwise.

Brief run down on troop positions, Tau tanks set up along they deployment edge their turrets point squarely at the Necron,
    The Battle suit in between them and fire warriors in cover about 6/8 inches forward ready to rain down there high strength weapons on any Necron advance. A squad of battle suits pointed the plasma gun toward the CSM hoping to melt the foul infested humans from this place.
    Across from them the Necrons deployed more forward towards the Tau but not within shooting distance of those pules rifled warriors and also with some cover from the mass of forest. The lord stood between his two squads of warriors lending his support and keeping the resurrection orb close to hand. The immortals behind them as a fire support,next to them their C'tan god. The swarm of scarabs set up at the back behind a small wood over charging their jets for a turbo boost with the Wraith set up beside them. The Flayed one lay ready to deepstrike in when needed. To the left of the Necron along the 8? table edge is were the nids swarm massed. Fex with 2x BS centred the table but behind a forest out of site of the Tau’s big guns, both broods of spineagants behind him with the Hormagaunt at the back of them. The HT and guard set up in a forward position heading the advance with the Raveners behind them. The 6 stronger warrior team lay behind a small wood out of site as the Choas guns bared down on the swarm, the last fex set up behind a small wood readying both VC’s to fire at the Chaos war machines across the table with the Guard brood close by. All the chaos tanks set up next to each other in a row about 10 ‘ from there table edge the Defiler in the middle of both Predators ready to lay waste the swarm. One squad of CSM set up to the left of them readying to take the onslaught of the swarm the other on the right, the daemon prince also set up at the front of his army ready to match the Tyrant blow for blow. The Obliterators and final squad of CSM set up at there table edge but face the Tau battle suit squad feeling the rest of the army were more than a match for the bugs. So the scene is set for the battle …

Turn 1 to follow

If it lives it will be consumed

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Turn 1

The Tau Hammer heads fired up and move into a good shooting position eyeing up the Necron Warriors, 3 shots fire 2 miss's and a hit, as the smoke clears one warrior lay still on the floor. The Battle suit squad on the left move forward toward the CSM and open fire with there Plasma guns rerolling for any missed, 2 CSM fall under the searing heat of the plasma, the suits jump back behind there drones. The HQ Suit jumps forward and shoots, another CSM falls to the Tau as he too retreats behind the cover of his drones. The necrons now make their move, seeing that one Hammer head was try to out flank his army their god moved up the right-hand side of the table to hit the left flank of the Tau and destroy that tank, a roar of jets fly pass the god as the first swarm of scarabs turbo boost up the flank to the cover of the wood. No shooting this round for the Necrons but what do they care time is on their side, both the secons squad of Scarabs and the Wraith stand still. The Hive Tyrant raises its head and screams into the sky, the mass of Spineagants all move forward using the fleet of claw to get close to their prey, followed by the gaunts. The Hive Tyrant see’s the prince his killer instinct kicks in he is about to move when the Norn Queen speak in his mind he obeys without question and stays were he is as did the raveners. The warriors move to the edge of the wood ready to run forward but the threat of the big guns keep them from fleeting. The guards move forward from behind the woods and the fex joins their brood gaining his protective shield. The fex fire both VC at the Defiler, 2 shots bounce off the armour but 2 hit the machine. The first rocks the machine so it can’t move next turn the second tares through the armour and hits the shells BOOM the Defiler goes up in flames, one less big gun for the swarm to deal with. Angered at the loss of his war Machine the prince raise his wings and jumps forward towards the guarded fex unable to reach him this turn, the CSM on the left side open fire at the guards and the fex but the bullets bounce off them all. The destruction of the Defiler made the Predators turn to face the fex but there orders were clear and the turrets turn back towards the Nids HQ, with a burst of red light both lascannons fire hitting and taking down a guard, the other hiss’s towards the Predators but the Tyrant didn’t even look his mind busy controlling the swarm, the heavy bolter fire fail to wound anything. The CSM and Obliterators move toward the Tau nothing in LOS to fire at, last to fire the other CSM guning down 4 spineagants with a hail of bolter fire, as the smoke cleared from the bolters turn one had ended....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    36 (x3)

Those army lists are cheesed out! 3 Hammerheads! Greater Daemon, Defiler, 2 Predaotrs & Oblits! 2 Carnifex! (N)

Good Report so far though. (Y)
    You cannot win, for to fight us is to give us power.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Nebulas@Oct 10 2004, 140
    Those army lists are cheesed out! 3 Hammerheads! Greater Daemon, Defiler, 2 Predaotrs & Oblits! 2 Carnifex! (N)

Good Report so far though. (Y)
    [snapback]226974[/snapback]
    Army list allow 3 heavy's and it is a 1500 point game can't see how 2 fex's is, thats only 2 HS 3 Troops 2 HQ'a (as gaurd are class as HQ) 1 elite a fair balance i think but then that was my army :lol: anyway you need the rest of the battle report to find if it help them win or not :blink: after turn 3 i have taken pictures so i may post a few to give you guys an idea of the battlefield, i didn't have my camera the first nite we played.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with Nubulas - you lot are a bunch of cheese munching power gamers

Wait till he gets to the bit about the Necron player spacing all his models out as much as possible to avoid template weapon fire. What a cheat!!! :rolleyes:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SlimeyUK@Oct 10 2004, 15:46
    I agree with Nubulas - you lot are a bunch of cheese munching power gamers

Wait till he gets to the bit about the Necron player spacing all his models out as much as possible to avoid template weapon fire. What a cheat!!! :rolleyes:
    [snapback]227228[/snapback]
    well the whole spacing guys out is a valid tactic, I don't see how you can call him a cheat for practicing practical tactics and manuevers.

also, some one fill me in on this "cheese" factor of the game? is there like a penalty for building your army list with an inclination to win? i honestly don't understand what the big fuss is about when all you did is make an efficient army instead of one that has a slim chance of winning :unsure: ...
    Protect your frailty in a Mechanical body.
    Remove your frailty with mobility.
    Hide your frailty in a body unseen.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the "cheese" factor comes in because the game is supposed to be about fun. Sure you can make some of these armies nearly unbeatable but that's not the point. IMO if you can't make a list that is fun to play and play against, you're wasting your time and money on the hobby. Besides, it's easy to win with an army that has maximum advantages, but it is much more satisfying to know that you were tactically skilled enough to win despite disadvantages.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by meek61@Oct 10 2004, 18:56
    well the whole spacing guys out is a valid tactic, I don't see how you can call him a cheat for practicing practical tactics and manuevers.
    [snapback]227338[/snapback]
    The cheat thing is related to some other posts on here, about my spacing out of the models, and is meant to be vey tongue in cheek. I am actually the Necron player involved. I've got this horrible habit at the moment of dragging topics off topic, so i'll stop for now.

Please carry on nottoc.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by SlimeyUK@Oct 11 2004, 09:23
    The cheat thing is related to some other posts on here, about my spacing out of the models, and is meant to be vey tongue in cheek. I am actually the Necron player involved. I've got this horrible habit at the moment of dragging topics off topic, so i'll stop for now.

Please carry on nottoc.
    [snapback]227507[/snapback]
    cheers slimey i will be knocking out the next two turn over the nexct day or so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that the cheese factor is not about not building powerfull armies and building more challenging ones, its mostly about the fluff.
    a cheesy army is an army with almost no theme or fluff, just lots of firepower. a non cheesy army could be powerful, but is also theme based, like an army with flamers, an army with alot of jump troops, a light scout army or somthing like that.
    so, in this battle report, i think that the nid army and the necron army is pretty non cheesy, as for a 1500 points, the chaos army is a bit on the cheese side but still pretty normal, but the tau army is oozing with cheese... 3 hammerheads, lots of suits and minimal troops... I really hope you found ways to beat this cheese...
    Right Hand of the Emperor!

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order of the Black Rose</span>
    </span>

<span style='font-size:9pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span></span>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast