My Chaos Vs new Grey knights - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Chaos Vs new Grey knights

Wow, just sheerly dominated a grey knights paladin army with my T-sons and typhus/ ahriman.

Army list in essence:
    Typhus - 3 oblits
    Ahriman - 4 TS' and aspiring (Bolt of change)
    2x 4 TS' + Aspiring (Bolt of change)
    Defiler - twin linked las cannon + extra close combat arm
    Vindicator + pittle flamer

VS: Dreigo + 5 paladins - twin nemisis blades + staff + banner
    5 paladins + apothacary + librarian - twin nemisis blades + staff + banner
    Dreadknight
    Dreadknight

Turn 1: i managed to start. Typhus and co, advance fire lascannons for a few casualties. TS' advance. kill one Ahriman kills one. Defiler fails to hit, vindicator wounds dreigo.
    Him: he advances all squads, typhus' oblit squad suffers wound through 'concentrated' fire from dreadknights and paladin squad. Lose 2 TS' from other paladin squad.

Turn 2: Typhus and co advances again to meet dreadknights. Typhus splits from squad. Oblits rapid fire plasmaguns at dreadknight A causing 3 wounds typhus templates dread B, failing. Vindicator wounds dreigo. Ahriman and defiler kill a Paladin each. Typhus assaults. Taking no wounds and eliminated dreadknight via force weapon. Oblits assault taking casualty but finish off dread A.
    Him: Paladins in close range. open fire. causing two more TS deaths and another oblit death. though not quite in assault range.

Turn 3: All forces excluding vindicator advance. Typhus rejoins oblit, and lascannon causes casualty. as does defiler lascannon and ahriman kills librarian w/ bolt. Typhus templated causing a wound to paladin. Vindicator eliminates all but one paladin from dreigos squad. Defiler assaults Squad A and Typhus assaults dreigo. Typhus gets 10 attacks but dreigo goes first. two hits. and one fail to wound. typhus makes 5+ invul. typhus hits 6 and wounds 4. dealing 2 unsaved wounds killing dreigo. Paladin kills oblit. Defiler kills all but staff wielder.

Opponent forfeited.

Nice one typhus!!!

(i understand typhus got luckyish with dreigo with him having those anti psycher rules. But 1/3 save isn't bad. So not thaaat lucky. The 'mass' of strength 8+ and ap2- shots i employed i think won this for me. See, they're not indestructible!!!)

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputation
    40 (x3)

Quote Originally Posted by nitenovanavium View Post

(i understand typhus got luckyish with dreigo with him having those anti psycher rules. But 1/3 save isn't bad. So not thaaat lucky. The 'mass' of strength 8+ and ap2- shots i employed i think won this for me. See, they're not indestructible!!!)
    Sound like it was fast and brutal. Nice win, by the way that many S8 AP2 will kill most anything. Just saying.
    Why use science and education when ignorance and superstition will work just as well.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    124 (x3)

It helps that his list was uh, terrible. An apothecary? Nearly useless on Paladins. Not to mention it looks as if it was barely 1500 points, which Draigowing isn't exactly efficient at. Oh, and given the listed upgrades, you have about 200 points more than he did. (You're actually sitting on ~1600, while he's at 1420 )
    "The sergeant major asked me what my job is. I told him it's to do what I am told. He gave me a medal. I like the Imperial Guard."
    "Innocentia Probat Nihil"

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    109 (x3)

Your opponent needs to learn how to run DriagoWing leg by DRIAGO (SPELLING)>

His list was poor, and it doesn't sound like he had a firm grasp on tactics.

What point level was that? And did he have psycannons in that sqauad?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputation
    91 (x3)

Yes i have to agree, Im glad you had a good time but from the way you wrote your battle report it doesn't sound like you would be a fun person to play with.
    The GK list doesn't seem that great and looks more like someone playing with his new toys.
    GK are not undestructable, just very strong. When built to take on one type of enemy they can table with ease AKA against Orks and Deamons but thats only if the GK player only want to win and not have a fun game.
    Im not gonna check points but i does seem like you fielded more points than him, as already said. (did he put a lot into dreadknight upgrades?
    Tau: 6K - W17-D3-L4, Orks: 4K - W9-D0-L2, SM: 7K - W7-D3-L4,CSM: 4K W5-D1-L1, Nids: 3.2K W3-D0-L2
    Apoc games (mixture of armies used): W5-D0-L1

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a quick apology. please excuse ahriman from that list. i just ran through the points myself and realised the difference is pretty much 'him' i usually run him if i run sons but i probably didn't.

And yeah, but if mr supreme grandmaster managed to hit combat it would have been baaaad. I don't necissarily play to win. I just cater what i run to what i'm playing against. if i ran plauge marines and my chaos bikers instead of my oblits those GK's would have hit CC and annihalated me.

And yes, he was running psycannons

+ Reply to Thread