Necrons Vs. Necrons - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My list:

Lord: Destroyer body, Chrono, Nightmare shroud, Phase shifter, warscythe. (210)

15 warriors: (270)
    15 warriors: (270)

3 Wraiths: (123)
    6 Scarabs: (72)

1 Tomb Spyder: (55)

Total: 1000

His list:
    Lord: Res orb, Destroyer body, Phase shifter. (200)

6 Immortals: (16

14 Warriors: (252)
    14 Warriors: (252)

3 Wraiths: (123)

Total: 995

Board: Board was a 6x4 city fight type board with lots of cover and a toxic river running through it, dividing it into 1/3 and 2/3. Buildings formed a sort of L shape on the other short end of the table with roads providing clear fire lanes down the center.

Mission: Cleanse, Omega

Deployment:

Since escalation was in effect only the warriors, lords, immortals, and scarabs would be showing up first turn.

I got the side of the table without buildings and deployed one squad of warriors in some heavy rubble near the toxic river. The other warriors squad was placed in a building on the opposite side of the board. Scarabs were in the second story of the building with the warriors in it.

He deployed one squad of warriors across the toxic river and the other one inbetween two buildings across from my building occupying warriors. The immortals were right in the center of his lines, in another building (theres 3 very large ones and a large amount of rubble.)

Rolled for first, I won.

Move: Warriors in rubble move forward 5" and have no shot so are content to just hang out in the wreckage. Warriors in building fare worse and only move 3" as they struggle through the broken windows and shattered doors. The scarabs simply turbo boosted and hopped the gap between two buildings, landing on the second story again, out of sight.

Shoot: Nada
    Assault: Nada

His Turn 1:

Move: His warriors near the toxic river are apparently scared of heights and move 1" to try to drop down from a platform. The Immortals show no fear and advance towards the warriors lurking in the rubble. His other warriors decide to advance towards the necrons struggling to get out of the building.

Shoot: Only 5 of his immortals can see the warriors in the rubble and let loose, felling one. All other warriors are too busy to shoot.
    Assault: Nada

Turn 2
    Me:
    Reserves: My lord and 3 wraiths come in as does the spyder
    WBB: The warrior decides a hot cup of oil and some spyder love would be nice and so goes home.

Movement: Lord and wraiths turbo up 22" to behind a monorail support at the edge of the board, close to his slow moving warriors struggling to get down the platform. Warriors from the building advance 4 inches, still having problems with windows. Scarabs drop down and lurk behind the warriors inbetween the buildings. Warriors in rubble move forward 5 inches and take up positions in the rubble.

Shooting: Wraiths shoot (just making sure you're awake). Warriors in rubble aim and fire at immortals, knocking down 1. Warriors in building attempt to shoot their counterparts, don't have the range. Lord polishes warscythe.

Assault: The Spyder has a baby, scarabs assault the warriors, take down 2 and lose 2 wounds in return.

His Turn:
    Reserves: Wraiths show up on platform next to struggling warriors.
    WBB: Immortal and 1 warrior decide they are gonna be vertical.

Movement: Warriors on platform (from now on refered to as P.Warriors) move down and are able to spot one wraith lurking in shadows. Immortals move to a better firing position and the lord moves towards the scarab/warrior assault.

Shooting: Warriors shoot 3 rapid fires into the wraith, knocking it down, Immortals shoot into the rubble warriors (R. Warriors) and knock down 2.

Assault: Lord assaults into scarab fest, 1 wound caused, scarabs knock one warrior down lose another base (3 bases left).

Turn 3
    Me:
    WBB: The wraith goes home, 1 warrior stands up and gives the immortals the silver digit.

Movement: Wraiths and lord move next to warriors, R. Warriors move into better firing positions, warriors move approx. 11 inches from scarab/lord/warrior melee. Scarab moves up street towards the ruckus.

Shooting: Lord activates Nightmare shroud, wraiths decide to run 3d6 back to the edge, running right off, but the warriors stand firm. R. Warriors open up on Immortals, dropping 2.

Assault: Lord and Wraiths slam into P. warriors, Vaping 1 and dropping 2, one Wraith goes down as well. Warriors pass ld. check. His lord does 1 more wound to scarabs and his warriors finish it off, one warrior goes down. Baby #2 from spyder shows up.

His:
    WBB: Everything gets back up......happy happy.

Movement: Immortals move within 3 inches of R. warriors.

Shooting: Immortals shoot into R. Warriors but manage to actually miss all 12 shots. (I offered to let him reroll, it was seriously 3 1's and 9 2's, he declined)

Assault: P. Warriors take 1 wraith death and 1 vap, lord recieves a wound in response. Warriors fail ld. test and attempt to break, wraiths rolling 2d6 (highest)+6 is not pretty. Complete wipeout. Consolidate 2" towards immortals. Lord and Warriors manage to take down another base of scarabs and cause a wound to the last base, however it saves vs. all outnumber wounds.

Turn 4.
    Me:
    WBB: Wraith stands back up, bout bleedin' time.

Movement: Wraith and lord move to central position near immortals. Spyder waddles up towards fighting.

Shooting: Both squads of warriors fire into squad of immortals killing 2. 25% check ok. Lord activates Shroud, everybody is cool.

Assault: Lord and Wraiths slam into immortals, 3 vap's and a wraithkill wipe the squad out. 4" consolidation towards scarabs. Scarabs go down under a barage of Staff attacks, consolidation towards board edge.

His:

Movement: Lord stays at back of warriors, positions so can counter attack wraiths if they charge.

Shooting: Warriors unload into the spyder and co. , killing all 3 scarab bases and causing a wound on the spyder. Lord attempts at the wraiths, falls short.

Turn 5
    Me:

Movement: Lord and wraiths move up, spyder swarms forward, claws ready.

Shooting: Both squads of warriors shoot into his remaining warriors, killing 3. Lord activates Shroud, nothing happens.

Assault: Lord and Wraiths pile into his lord and warriors. 4 warriors go down, 1 wraith gets popped by his lord. His lord consolidates to be in base to base with mine.

His Turn:
    WBB: 1 warrior gets back up.

Assault: His lord misses with all attacks, 3 warriors go down (I'm aiming for phase out, who cares if the lord dies), Lord takes another wound.

Turn 6
    Me:

Movement: Spyder rolls 3 ones for moving through some rubble and fails to make it far enough to join the melee. Warriors start telling dirty jokes. (he had conceded at this point, he wanted to see if he could kill the lord)

Shooting: Nightmare activated, his lord breaks. Attempts to break away from my lord, he rolls a 5. I roll 3 and 6, wipe out. Assault slays 4 more warriors, no wounds on my side.

His:
    Nothing gets back up, phase out is reached.

MVP:
    Me: I'm going to have to say the scarabs. even though they killed a grand total of 18 points they kept nearly 500 points worth of his army occupied while I hunted the rest of it down. Equipment: I've got to say nightmare shroud. That thing is amazing when played against anything non fearless.

Him: Immortals. Those things really lived up to the name. It wasn't until I managed to kill the entire squad in one turn that they even took one casualty.

Victory: Crushing Defeat
    Me.
    Points Destroyed: 995 (all were under half or destroyed)
    Him:
    Points Destroyed: 195 (scarabs destroyed and wraiths under half)

It was a close game those first two turns but his wraiths running off the board really helped me to collapse his left flank.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    137 (x3)

Great report. Necron vs Necron is always fun to read or watch, they just keep getting back up! Lady luck was with you both and against you both! Really 3..1's and 9..2's!! That's gotta be heart breaking. That was mighty big of you to offer the re-roll, I don't think I would have in your place (sometimes bad things just happen to good people). I would never use those dice again if that happened to me. Great job.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Excellent batrep. Detailed, easy to follow, and amusing too. 3 1's and 9 2's? Something had to be wrong with the dice...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don&#39;t think it was the dice, I think it was just luck. He had been rolling well, lots of 4&#39;s and 5&#39;s with a good spattering of 6&#39;s all evening and then that one roll was like all his 1&#39;s and 2&#39;s showed up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter+Oct 25 2004, 14:52--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(The Mad Hatter &#064; Oct 25 2004, 14:52)</div><div class='quotemain'>Since escalation was in effect only the warriors, lords, immortals, and scarabs would be showing up first turn.
    [snapback]237701[/snapback]
    [/b]

If I am not mistaken, only troop units without transports get to deploy in escalation. In this case there could have been a max of 4 warrior squads (2 each) to begin the game with. Everything else is in reserve.

<!--QuoteBegin-The Mad Hatter
    @Oct 25 2004, 14:52
    wraiths rolling 2d6 (highest)+6 is not pretty.
    [snapback]237701[/snapback]
    [/quote]

What? Fast units do not get any extra bonus for sweeping advance. d6+initative only. There is even a little blurb explaining why.

Otherwise it looked like a fun battle and a good report.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

as far as I understand it it is only units that move as infantry without a transport. the 2d6 is from the chrono thingy which in the new rules allows me to roll an additional d6 in the break test and in the sweeping advance step. not bad for 10 points.

*edit* in the back of the new rule book there are lists of what count as infantry for all armies. scarabs are counted as infantry as are immortals.

+ Reply to Thread