Daemonhunters Vs Dark Angels, 2000 Pts - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the second game we played tonight. I wanted to test out a daemonhunters list that uses a LOT of inducted guardsmen. This turned out to be a stellar army.

My roster:

HQ:
    Grey Knight Grandmaster
    5 terminator retinue, 1 psycannon

Elites:
    Ordo Malleus Inquistor w/ stormbolter, word of the emperor
    2 gun servitors, 1 plasma 1 multimelta, 2 sages, 1 acolyte w/ plasma pistol/ccw
    Callidus Assassin

Fast Attack:
    Grey Knights (5 + Justicar), 2 psycannons, teleport attack, meltabombs on justy

Troops:
    Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (5 + sgt), plasmagun, meltagun
    Inquisitorial Stormtroopers (5 + sgt), plasmagun, meltagun
    Infantry Platoon
    Command Squad, lascannon, 2x plasmagun
    Infantry Squad, missile launcher, grenade launcher
    Infantry Squad, missile launcher, grenade launcher
    Infantry Platoon
    same as above infantry platoon

Heavy Support:
    Grey Knight Dreadnaught, TL lascannon, missile launcher
    Leman Russ Battle Tank, hull heavy bolter, sponson heavy bolters
    Lance Orbital Strike

His army:

A Deathwing army, consisting of 2 land raiders (!&#33, 2 tactical squads with plasma cannons, 2 scout squads, 2 sizable squads of deathwing terminators, azrael, and the grandmaster of the deathwing. Really low model count...like in the 30s. I knew this would be a pounding.

Deployment:

I got the crappy low-cover table quarter this time. I set up my russ and dread on the table edges. The storm troopers were set up in a forward position, one in the cover of some metal fencing, the other on the edge of some ruins that run the middle of the table. I put my inquisitor squad behind the ruins, with the multimelta servitor just in view of his landraiders. The infantry platoons were put just behind the storm troopers, spread out so as to avoid plasmacannon love. I held my terminators and GKs in reserve. He held his terminators in reserve and deployed his landraiders as far forward as he could. The scout squads hid behind the LRs and the dread was next to them by the table edge. I used my callidus "word in your ear" ability to move his dread behind some trees that were nearby, costing him a turn of using it. He got first turn AGAIN.

Turn 1, Dark Angels

He moved his dread back to where he started it. His landraiders moved forward, one of them 12" around the edge of the ruins (where one of my stormies were) and the other 6". Both were right in the middle of the terrain area I chose for the orbital strike. :lol: His scouts moved up the sides of the LRs. His fired the 6" moving LR's lascannons at my russ, but does no damage. The other LR dumps heavy bolter fire into my stormies, killing all but a meltagun. The scouts take out a few of the other stormtrooper squad, nothing major.

Turn 1, Daemonhunters.

My dreadnaught destroys a lascannon on a LR and stuns the crew. The russ drops a perfect shot onto the other LR, destroying it and killing 3 marines inside. The rest come filing out, including the Grandmaster of the Deathwing. My lascannons shoot at his other LR but do nothing. I blast away with every other unit I have at the GM's squad and take out a measly 3 more marines.

Turn 2, Dark Angels

One of his terminator squads strike behind my fire line and take out the better part of an infantry squad. The other termie squad doesn't make its reserve roll. His other tactical squad (inculding azrael) deploy from the stunned LR and shoot up my other stormtrooper squad. The plasmagun and meltagun are left, and they fail morale and fall back. His GM's squad fires past my lone meltagunner from the first stormie squad and take out the 2 sages from the inquisitor group. One of his scouts don't have range on anything, so they creep forward. The other scout squad assaults my inquistor group and kill all but the acolyte.

Turn 2, Daemonhunters

I make both my reserve rolls and my terminators drop in front of his. My GKs come down behind his landraiders. I forget about my callidus like a dumbass and she sits in reserve another turn. My lance strike scatters directly over his non-assaulting scout squad and kills them to a man. The GKs take out a couple of Azrael's marines with stormbolter/psycannon fire. The GK terminators unload on his terminators, killing 2. A command squad fires its lascannon, plasma guns, and flashlights at his terminators, killing 2 more. (1 of those kills was from a lasgun!&#33 My forward infantry squads unload on his GM's squad and wipe it out, GM included. My dreadnaught destroys his remaining landraider.

Turn 3, Dark Angels

His second terminator squad strikes in next to his first one and unloads on my GK terminators. He kills 1. Azrael's squad fires at them as well, but no kills. At this point, he looks at what I have on the table, what he has on the table, and says "good game, let's go to the bar."

Comments:

He had way too few models and too many points invested in land raiders. I had too many heavy weapons for that to be effective. He should have tried to get closer and assault his tactical squads directly from the LRs into my models. I also think I shouldn't have been able to use the lance strike until turn 2, which may have changed things a little. (but not much) I forgot my DH codex so we couldn't check, but I let him bend the rules a couple times tonight so we decided to let it fly.

This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good report.

Thats funny about your Callidus, i always forget to do "Word in your ear", but i never forgot to DS her, she kicks so much butt!

And yes, your lance strike had be rolled like in reserves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by upmiller98@Oct 28 2004, 113
    Good report.

Thats funny about your Callidus, i always forget to do "Word in your ear", but i never forgot to DS her, she kicks so much butt!

And yes, your lance strike had be rolled like in reserves.
    [snapback]239832[/snapback]
    Nice Report!

Being a Dark Angels player, I like to see them win, but after reading this one I don't mind so much .

Do you play against this person often? A rematch would be cool. Just hope he doesn't field A land raider crusader. Those can really ruin your day.

Anyway, Good Report, and I hope to see another one soon

-SK
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, glad you like the reports. Yes, this is a guy I play 40k with often. He got me into the game this summer, and last night was the first time I had beaten him with one of my own armies. (I used one of his armies when I first started)

I&#39;ll keep em coming as we play more. He wants to retune his armies as he hadn&#39;t read up fully on the 4th edition rules yet, so I&#39;ll post new reports as we play again.
    This message brought to you by The Council of People Who Are Sick Of Seeing More People.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good clear reports.

Was getting tired of the:

"and den on turn leik....43...i leik totally 0wn3d him with meh land raider terminator assault heavy teleporting with jumppacks squad and then he leik totally sucked and missed me cus i 0wn and then leik mah black templ4rz assaulted mightily or something, you should have been there, it was so sweet, i looked so good, then my mom came and picked me up and we had a smoothie cus she says its good for me"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Thanks, man. That comes from years of writing research and lab reports. A grasp of the English language helps, too. :blink:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Ylide@Oct 28 2004, 14:57
    Thanks, man. That comes from years of writing research and lab reports. A grasp of the English language helps, too. :blink:
    [snapback]240013[/snapback]
    I hear that. Had a job testing video games and also did a ton of labs in college.

The whole "This is what exactly freaking happened. Step 1) Blah. Step 2) Blah. Step 3) Blah Blah" just suits me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I blame society. Rambling, incoherent speech is becoming more and more acceptable now because teachers are terrified of yelling at kids for talking like retards. I remember getting b*tch-slapped for saying "ain&#39;t" when I was a kid. Ever try have a conversation with a teenager over the last 5-7 years? It&#39;s like listening to a 6 year old read out of a knock-knock joke book. Just painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Must have been embarassing for that Deathwing Terminator to get killed by some random Guardsman with a Lasgun...
    <span style='font-size:14pt;line-height:100%'>[Subliminal message] I AM KING [/Subliminal message]</span>

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Ascension@Oct 28 2004, 202
    Must have been embarassing for that Deathwing Terminator to get killed by some random Guardsman with a Lasgun...
    [snapback]240184[/snapback]
    The best is the mighty veteran sergeant (yeah, right) firing two shots with his bolt pistol, and dropping two chaos terminators in the same round. Yes, this did happen last saturday. I don&#39;t think any of us (players and spectators) stopped laughing for about 5 minutes.
    <u>Army: W/L/T</u>

<span style='color:green'>Dark Angels</span>: <span style='color:red'>20/3/0</span>
    <span style='color:gray'>Daemonhunters: </span> <span style='color:red'>Under Construction</span>
    <span style='color:blue'>Minas Tirith</span> <span style='color:red'>1/0/0</span>

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast