Worldeaters V.s. Iron Warriors - Warhammer 40K Fantasy

Welcome to Librarium Online!

Join our community of 80,000+ members and take part in the number one resource for Warhammer and Warhammer 40K discussion!

Registering gives you full access to take part in discussions, upload pictures, contact other members and search everything!

Register Now!

User Tag List

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

hehe, first battle report. lets see if i can't draw you the picture.
    couple of things, there is no difficult terrain (my friend can't remember the simplest of rules) only impassible, 3 peices one 8"x8" box, one ammo box, and a long box, about 13-14"

my list
    khorne lord in termie armor with dark blade ect.
    6 khorne chosen retinue in termie armor. x1 reaper autocannon
    8 bloodletters
    8 zerkers x1 asp champ w/pw
    8 zerkers x1 asp champ w/pw

hehe, talk about low model count.....

his list
    lord w/wings kai gun aura ect.
    2 oblits
    3 oblits
    12 traitor marines all w/holy bolters

creepy huh?

ok, so were playing on a pooltable. not sure the size, but damn it seems long.

i roll 1st turn place the ammo box in the middle, he puts 8x8 box near my deployment, and i place the long box at a slant on the right about 4" in front of the ammo box.

hehe, now the fun begins. i place 1st squad on the left side. he places his hq right in the middle of his deployment. i place my 2nd squad in the middle, he places the rest of his army, slightly concentrated to the left. oblits are in orbit waiting to deepstrike.

*lord nitram survey's the field of the coming battle, as good a spot as any to set up the withering hail of fire. his iron warriors, focused on the coming battle are checking there bolters one last time, preying to the dark gods that they may vanquish there enemy before the dreaded chainaxes of khorne are able to decend. nitram has been trailing the horde of berzerkers for allmost 4 days now, finally reaching this valley, the only pass through the mountians for thousends of miles, why the berzerkers would want to pass was clear, this planet has a hive city, at the core of this hive city, down below the crust lies a dormant bloodthirster, if the zerkers were able to reach the hive, the untold amount of bloodshed in khorns name would surely breach the thirsters prison freeing him upon the world. this cannot happen, the iron warriors have spent too long finding a way to harness the thirsters power, they were soo close.

these 16 berzerkers should not cause too much trouble, not to 36 iron warriors in open terrain. with nitmars kai gun filling him with hate and malice his force felt neigh unstoppable. all they had to do is wait. orbital augers said they were headed this way, there was no other path.

"Kill!!!! KILL!!!" aspiring champion seigfried surveyed the opening to the wide valley, sharpened teeth punching holes in his lips, the taste of sweet blood urging him twards the enemy rengaw says waits on the other side of the valley. looking over at von shtauffen in the second squad seigfried grinned manicly, lips torn by 10,000 years of gnawing seigfried's smile is disturbing to say the least. "von", he growled "you ready?" von shtauffen fired his bolt pistol up in the air, the signal to begin.

Nitmar heard the faint crack of a bolt pistol off in the distance, straining to see out that far he spyed two groups of small specks running all out into the valley. "they come my brothers!! i want three fronts!, two to my left, one to my right, lets show these axe welding fools what happens when you charge the iron warriors!!!"

Rengaw watched the start of the worldeaters charge, "time to make my move. CHOSEN, TO ME!" six of khornes finest, outfitted with the very few terminator suits the worldeaters legion took with them to the eye. "the daemons seem a little too bloodthirsty today, i don't think we can count on them to wait till we're clear to arrive. this changes nothing." "more skulls for us" a chosen draawled like a loose chainaxe. "bloodletters allways hogging the skulls. this'll be a standup FIGHT!!!" "rengaw, make goil carry this damn reaper autocannon, i dont wannit!! STUPID SHOOTER JUST GET IN THE WAY OF THE SKULLS!" rengaw punched rakill in the breastplate jarring him back a step, "NO you shoot it, your good with it." "shutup! do you feel it?" rengaw growled, "it's time, the bloodletters may hold back long enough to join us. but don't count on it. to the telepad,

in the teleporter room the augers were showing the enemy and the area marked for deep strike. they have 36 men, no close combat troops, not even that puny lord could stand against us. those wings might be a problem though. that marine could dance around the worldeaters like a furie with that damned kai gun. rengaw has dealt with kai guns before, there not fun. ready for deep strike, t-minus 15 seconds a servitor rasped like sand on glass.

Nitram waited, watching the specks slowly advance, nothing to do but watch and wait, this spot was chosen due to the lack of cover, that mountian ended right at the edge of there bolters maximum range, perfect for a shooting gallery, stupid zerkers, ten to one they run at us like pigs to the slaughter, nothing to do but wait, and watch. suddenly there was a low keening in the air, Nitram knew that sound. "DEEPSTRIKE INCOMING!!!" CRASH!!!! the sound of 10 tons of reinforced cerimite hitting dirt.

Rengaw surveyed the drop site in a glance, not the exact spot he chose, but close, close enough not to matter he and his men dropped to there knees from the impact guns blazing, "focus on that damn lord!!" rengaw bellowed, "if we don't kill him now, we pay later." the winged warsmith leapt into the air pulverising the ground where he was with bolter and autocannon shells scattering some shots off his armor, some turning wide at a gesture from the warsmith. after the smoke was swept away the warsmith still sat, hovering in the air laughing at the pitifull opening salvo of the worldeaters. "well we aint shooters anyway, form up men!"

Nitram was definatly caught off gaurd by this new threat, who ever heard of worldeaters with terminators anyway, this was unexpected to say the least, shoulda grabbed that damn plasma, "FIRE MEN!!" 36 bolters went off as one 3 clouds of angry lead and explosive death were self- propeled to the enemy still on it's knees from the impact of the deep strike. some missed, some were deflected careening off to explode harmlessly in the desert, some exploded all over the group of termies peppering there armor with dents, one terminator slumped to the ground, bolter shell exploding deep withing his neck seal, destroying his brain. the kai gun went off twice, one shot dead center into a termie, the other kareening off wildly. the termies amplified voice carried his hate filld laughter to the warsmiths ears inraging him. "GODDAMMIT CALL IN THE OBLITS!!" CRASH!!.......CRASH!!! two oblits landed behind the termies in front of the two squads with three more punching down on the one squad side. all of them opening up with salvos of lascannon shots, killing two more termies, great gaping holes in the ruins of there chestplates. Nitmar saw that the middle 12 man marine squad was doomed to take the full charge of the termies so decided to take the fight to the worldeaters by charging them, "marines of squad beta, unsheath combat knives, ATTACK!!"

Rengaw watched the foolish tac squad charge his termies, "fools" he muttered swiping his great dark blade through the thickest parts of there armor disimbowling three marines with one devistating strike before they even hit the lines, the marines attacked but all there strikes bounced harmlessly off the neigh impregnible armor of the termies just as the tac squad realized there lord sacrificed them to buy time the termies struck back, power weapons dancing blue lightning in around and through powerarmor effortlessly five marines exploded, pushed apart by the deadly forces of the armor negating powerweapons. hold the line the warsmith bellowed from high above the battlefield, the tac squad gritted there teeth and continued there doomed struggle.

well, my hands are tired, and my mind is slowing down, so i'll have to continue this later, incase you havent noticed this is only turn one.

Take my words with a grain of salt, i am not the tactical genius i think i am!

2. Remove Advertisements
    Librarium-Online.com
    Advertisements

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

can you deepstrike oblits on turn one???

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i never saw any rule that prohibits it, i'd love to know if there is.

o yea, just to let you guy's know this is really my first time writing fiction, so it prolly looks kinda shitty to someone who knows of such things.

did it make sense to you?

edit: also, if anyone more fiction literate wants to give me some advice on making the subsequint turns easer on the eyes please feel free to chime in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputationReputation
    189 (x8)

Reserve rolls can only be made at turn 2, check it out in the BBB, the only army able to roll for rsserves on turn 1 are Speedfreaks due to their special rules

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great report so far! I can't wait for more. Is your last name Wagner by any chance? And your oppenents named Martin? Just curious.
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:black'>Order of the Black Rose</span></span>
    <span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'><span style='color:red'>Blood God&#39;s Initiate</span></span>

Black Templar: Win/Draw/Loss 10/0/6
    World Eaters : Win/Draw/Loss 0/0/0

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

lol, you got it jugger. they did just sound too damn wierd to be real names diden&#39;t they?

it&#39;s our last names

really? turn two only? damn, thats good to know. by any chance could anyone give me a page# for that? i wanna make a note.

i guess we were both speed freaks this game hehehe.

me and my friend are playing tonight, so i&#39;ll have to do the other turns ether late tonight or tomarrow, but i&#39;ll write em up for sure, it was a damn fun battle.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally posted by Rengaw@Nov 2 2004, 16:16
    really? turn two only? damn, thats good to know. by any chance could anyone give me a page# for that? i wanna make a note.
    [snapback]243408[/snapback]
    It&#39;s right there in the deep strike and reserves section on page 84. Deep strike is rolled for like reserves, which begin on turn 2.
    The enemies of the Emperor fear many things. They fear discovery, defeat, despair and death. Yet there is one thing they fear above all others. They fear the wrath of the Space Marines&#33;

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

damn, i&#39;ll have to read up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok, my memory of the game is starting to fade, hope it don&#39;t show in the rep.....

chapturn 2

Nitram could not believe this turn of events, where did those terminators come from? why wasn&#39;t that lord leading his army from the front? how did they know about my trap? well, nothing to be done now but win. this swirling melee was moving too fast to fire into, he knew he was sending his men to there death, but it buy&#39;s us time, time we need to cope with this new threat. Nitram peered past the mountian at the coming berzerker horde, running full out, just then, he heard a crackle along with the sound of a gutteral roar and watched tendrils of warp energy invelope that damned worldeater lord transparent bestial faces and red soaked talons swirled around the lord reaching out trying to gain a foothold on the ground around the lords feet. and as sudden as it started the warp energy winked out. what the hell was that? Nitram thought to himself, looked like daemons......

seigfried grinned, battle allways made him grin, and the utter havok rengaw&#39;s chosen was playing with the iron warriors squad was reason enough. seigfried felt his banner swaying above his head, the chaos icon had been his to hold for allmost a millenia. flesh hounds and bloodletter&#39;s abound have poured from the warp focus his banner represented. untold millions have trembled in fear from the monstrosity&#39;s brought to battle through his banners power, power he felt now, power increasing every moment...."HALT&#33;&#33;" the berzerkers all around him skidded to a stop, there warp amplified voices howling there rage at there aspiring champion&#39;s suddon stop. just as the banners energy hit critical mass and warp energy started swirling around seigfried, hidious faces and claws not fully formed leered at him through the breach in real space. suddenly 8 bloodletters ripped themselves from the ground infront of him, seigfried walked up to the largest and spoke slowly so it could understand him through the thick barrier of rage in it&#39;s eyes. "you stupid daemons, just can&#39;t wait till the proper time can you, now you gotta run with us, if you&#39;d given lord rengaw a moment he could have brought you to the FRONT&#33;." the bloodletter opened it&#39;s fang filled mouth and screamed a gutteral roar of protest in seigfried&#39;s face speckling him with blood and acidic saliva, the others joined in roaring praises to khorne that not even the amplified voices of the zerkers could match, with that the entire force of 16 berzerkers and 8 bloodletters surged foreward to continue there charge.

Nitram winged his way back away from the swirling melee infront of him. peering out at the horde of berzerkers who were little bigger than ants he did a double take, what the *****? seems like theres more of th........oh *****&#33; those are bloodletters, those berzerkers were running side by side with the bloodsoaked beasts.

Rengaw watched as a squad of obliterators lumbered twards them, the strong squad, 3 of them, through the rage a small voice in his mind let him know that a single swipe from one of those mutated powerclaws could rip him in half. that can&#39;t happen so he howled "CHOSEN&#33; WATCH THOSE OBLITS&#33;" the chosen turned around just intime to meet the hulking beasts head on. as the obliterators hit the combat Rengaw raised his dark blade high and plunged it deep into the top of an obliterators skull ripping the tip through the obliterators crotch plate, the dark blade drank deep of the tainted blood and seemed to suck the light from the entire area, effectivly lowering the ambient light levels by half, just as it seemed to subside the blade leapt through the obliterator longwise and streaked twards rengaws neck, rengaw caught the flat of the blade with an armored fist, "not today my friend" and plunged the sword deep into the earth to hold it from his throat. at the same time one chosen stabbed deep into the heart of another oblit, causeing black tainted blood to ooze down the crackling blade, finally able to strike the obliterators brought there devistating melee weapons to bear, streaking down clawed fingers raked the frontline of rengaws chosen, ripping through holy terminator armor like butter, two chosen were ripped apart by the shear distructivness of those claws leaving nothing more than puddles of flesh with ribbons of armor scattered about, the third chosen had half his face ripped off by a lucky claw, and was whipped around twards the small remainder of the tactical squad, with a little breathing room created between rengaw, the last chosen and the obliterators, rengaw was left just enough time to lay into the bloody remainder of the tac squad the chosen dropped his reaper autocannon to favor a two handed strike with his power axe, cleaving a tac marine in two from helm to crotch, while another plunged his mono-molecular edged combat knife deep into the brain showing from the claw-wound with a small twist the last chosen dropped like a sack of meat. rengaw witnessing this went deep into a rage, cutting and slicing with a frothing madness, when the red seeped from his eyes he was standing infront of another twelve man tactical squad over 50 feet away, glancing behind him, he saw the two remaining obliterators, one with a hand over his chest trying to stopp the flow of blood pouring from his chest the other two obliterators were standing now, and bellowing rage at not being able to enter combat to help there brothers, rengaw was glad, let the bloodletters take care of those claws, i&#39;ve got bigger fish to fry.

well, there was turn two, stay tuned for turn three.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ohh man, do i feel like a flaming ass, i played another game last night, and it totally wiped my memory of what happened, last game.

so i&#39;ll just list what i remember, then leave it at that.

Rengaw, after killing everyone in base to base contact got autokilled by a squad of oblits meltagun shots, heating him down into a puddle of goo.

von shtauffens whole squad got killed by hitting a 14 man tac squad he was the only surviver, the bloodletters and seigfrieds squad raped all the oblits, then finished the squad rengaw softened up, four bloodletters 5 marines in seigfrieds squad and von stauffen all alone finally chased down and took three wounds off of nitram, a lucky bolt pistol round from von finished nitmar off.

the battle ends with von shtauffen ripping rengaws dark blade out of a pile of daemonic goo and the remainder of the army got into the hive city and released the bloodthirster.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast